Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

My Experience Today With A Scammer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience Today With A Scammer (1107 Views)

Between An Australian Imam And A Nigerian Scammer / Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 / 'Most Wanted Job Scammer’ Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Today With A Scammer by dahdah: 1:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
Good day Nairalanders, I received a text from this number 08107308946 , (The text is Please bear with us , due to our system upgrade your ATM card was deactivated , kindly call our head office customer care on 0092348141994545 to Reactivate ur ATM )

I shook my head and smiled, I then pretended like I don't know its a scam, I Flashed the number like 11times, and the last time I made sure he picked it before I hanged Off, some minutes later, he called back and I told him that I am sorry that I was flashing him even though I ought to be the one that should be calling him, Straight to the matter, I told him I received the text and he said yes, that he is the system coordinator, I just dey shake my head as he was wasting his credit.
He asked, Which bank am I using, For my mind I was like so you don't know the ATM of the bank that was deactivated, I told him I am using 4 different banks, He said I should name them, na so I tell me say, Unity Bank, Union Bank, Keystone Bank, And Heritage bank,
He asked if I own an account in GTB, I said yes, He said that's the account that's blocked, I screamed, and pleaded that he should please help me to reactivate if now cos I have to make some transactions very early tomorrow, He asked how much do I have in the account, I said I have almost #975,000 there, he said in-order for him to reactivate it that I should send my Atm details, Just like a novice I said, what are the details , he said the 16digit pin at the front, the expiry date, the Security( 3 digit pin at the back) and my ATM pin.

I told him that I'm in church and that the card is at home, but I will rush home, after 10minutes, I flashed him, he called back and I told him the card is with me but I have less than #4 to send a text, immediately this guy sent 400 mtn recharge card to me, O boy!!! scammer don get scammed be that ooo, I quickly load the card and transferred #200 to my other line, moments later he called that I should send it before he attends to another customer, I then told him that I have forgotten that I have already borrowed #400 with the line, that the card he sent has been deducted by MTN, immediately he sent another #100 and after some minutes he called and asked how far and my reply was
( Mr Scammer you just had a bad day , You can't Scam someone like me cos all the mails my banks do send to me under it, they'll write, Our bank or staff won't ask for your ATM pin and co ) Na so he hissed and hanged up.

To those reading this, please always be in possession of your ATM cards, never disclose your pin to anyone, and incase you receive a strange text concerning your ATM, call the numbers at the back of the card.

Take Care and happy Easter

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 20, 2016
I smell lies undecided
Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by dahdah: 1:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
Suigeneris93:
I smell lies undecided

You're free to smell whatever you smell
Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2016
dahdah:

You're free to smell whatever you smell

tongue
Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by Xtaceeey: 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
Lol... I love that.... but y did he specifically ask for GTB?

Are u pondering what I am pondering?
Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by dahdah: 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2016
Xtaceeey:
Lol... I love that.... but y did he specifically ask for GTB?

Are u pondering what I am pondering?

I was surprised, Cos he asked If I have an account with GTB after I already mentioned like 4banks
Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by Dinocarex(m): 2:28pm On Mar 20, 2016
Password :
Snake, Olajumoke, Tonto, APC , PDP
Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by CARLOSZ: 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
[size=28pt]OP can lie for Africa.

Its either he posted someone else' experience or he was actually the scammer that got scammed.
[/size]
Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by ClassCaptain(m): 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
Na so one nairalander try scam me too
Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
Scammer .. "Scammed".. Cc: Lalasticlacla.. Mynd44, Seun...
Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 20, 2016
The guy is a learner.
Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by Benjom(m): 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
Good for them. It's good to be smart (for good) cheesy
Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by dahdah: 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2016
CARLOSZ:
[size=28pt]OP can lie for Africa.

Its either he posted someone else' experience or he was actually the scammer that got scammed.
[/size]

Lie you said, atleast you can see the Phone used to send the text, and another number he said I should call
Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by Booty4me: 5:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
But how do they pull this off without the otp ?
Re: My Experience Today With A Scammer by moneybag100: 11:59pm On Mar 20, 2016
Nice story.

(1) (Reply)

China Using Human Meat In African Market / Drama In Ikorodu High Court As Lagos State Task Force Charges Suspected Cultists / Photo: Stolen Car In Gwarinpa Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.