Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 (1709 Views)

Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience / Policeman Breaks Driver’s Hand For Resisting Extortion At Wuse Market, Abuja / 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by UnclePati: 12:10am On Dec 04, 2016

19 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by HungerBAD: 12:13am On Dec 04, 2016
Good.

Thanks for this info.

The needful will be done.

3 Likes

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by Johnrake69: 12:23am On Dec 04, 2016
I feel your pain. It's really getting out of hand.
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by RoyalBlak007: 12:36am On Dec 04, 2016
Fúck da..
Police.
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 04, 2016
See why I tell my husband we cannot return. Being abroad is nice but it is not home. Make things better so we can return home. cry
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by lm8066: 1:05am On Dec 04, 2016
Your case is simple, forward your inf to police Complain Unit. You have his name and account number. He can't deny it. Just google It. TX

1 Like

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by HtwoOw: 3:33am On Dec 04, 2016
Hehehehe grin grin

forst of us

pull over = parking

Second of us

When you delete account number from phone will it delete from transaction history? Some people's stupidity is legendary I hope that animal is disgraced

Calling attention of the so called SUPOL of police that's been defending his brothers in crime on Nairaland
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by obyrich(m): 6:25am On Dec 04, 2016
This post should be shared around the internet until that Obaze is shown the way out. The IG's attention should drawn to this immediately. Thanks for being detailed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by SUPOL(m): 6:55am On Dec 04, 2016
HtwoOw:
Hehehehe grin grin

forst of us

pull over = parking

Second of us

When you delete account number from phone will it delete from transaction history? Some people's stupidity is legendary I hope that animal is disgraced

Calling attention of the so called SUPOL of police that's been defending his brothers in crime on Nairaland

i will check d name on fb n true caller. I will also forward this account details to my senior colleagues in CRU unit Abuja for investigation.
But next time let OP try n record the conversation no matter how short, it will help support his claims. Any smart officer will always deny knowing you. So sorry about that, if d story is true!
Is this d man?

3 Likes

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by HtwoOw: 7:01am On Dec 04, 2016
SUPOL:
i will check d name on fb n true caller. I will also forward this account details to my senior colleagues in CRU unit Abuja for investigation.
But next time let OP try n record the conversation no matter how short, it will help support his claims. Any smart officer will always deny knowing you. So sorry about that, if d story is true!

So you are here,

Smart officer will deny knowing him? And he will go to the bank's server to change the transaction reference number? An irrefutable evidence
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 04, 2016
@OP - Copy & paste the link to this thread to the Police Complaint Rapid Response Unit & The NPF pages on Twitter.

Don't get your hopes up because corruption has eaten deep into every fabric of the Nigerian Police . Won ti sepe fun gbogbo won.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoliceNG_PCRRU

https://mobile.twitter.com/policeng?lang=en

3 Likes

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by UnclePati: 7:19am On Dec 04, 2016
Yes boss.....that's the man.

SUPOL:
Is this d man?

1 Like

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by wroskian(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2016
There are many Paul Obazes in the Nigerian Police Force, milking innocent citizens dry. I pray they meet their waterloo soon angry
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by Adesiji77: 7:34am On Dec 04, 2016
This incident is just one of the many acts of criminality that are being committed daily by our police.

This so-called Inspector should be punished-unfortunately, even that rarely serve as a deterrent to others.

Cc: OAM4J, Mynd44, lalasticlala, Seun
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by joladoyin(m): 7:37am On Dec 04, 2016
I had a similar experience too
May God save us from the hands of criminals called police
Definitely, they also sponsor armed robbers, they arm them
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by Abbycite(m): 7:37am On Dec 04, 2016
We av a powerful means at our disposal to checkmate all the wrongs of our men in uniform....SOCIAL MEDIA

Am forming a social media group to expose bad policemen. The aim is to provide a platform for magnifying their shady activities through the social media. If u are interested PM me... ...

We are going to use all the social weapons at our disposal. Let's make our society saner and safer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 04, 2016
SUPOL:
Is this d man?

What are you typing na? angry He transfered 5k into the mans's account and he has the e-receipt as proof. A trip to the bank for an official account statement will also confirm this.

The question is; how will the policeman explain the 5k transaction? What did he sell to the OP to justify collecting 5k. Abi is the policeman now a provision seller?

The only issue might be if the policeman smartly gave him someone else's account number, and not his own account number. That might make things more complicated.

3 Likes

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by tempest01(m): 9:44am On Dec 04, 2016
Some people no dey think. You dey do your work dey earn your pay. You see someone in the road, you don't know what his take home pay I'd, just because he is driving and you are holding a gun, you think you can extort him.

What differentiates our police officers and kidnappers? Is this not kidnap, threaten and demand for ransom?

1 Like

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by SUPOL(m): 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2016
joladoyin:
I had a similar experience too
May God save us from the hands of criminals called police
Definitely, they also sponsor armed robbers, they arm them
Talk what u no
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by SUPOL(m): 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
UnclePati:
Yes boss.....that's the man.

that means he's d owner of d account details.
Alright we will take it from there.

1 Like

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by espionage48(m): 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
Police is your friend.Even armed robbers better pass them. This is a true picture that depict police officers. They will lie even when the evidence is there

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by espionage48(m): 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
Abeg front page please. let give this corrupt officer a serious high bp so that others will learn from his experience
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by Xync(f): 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
Well, do something meaningful today. Check my signature
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by buffalowings: 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
FortuneTeller:
See why I tell my husband we cannot return. Being abroad is nice but it is not home. Make things better so we can return home. cry

I hate when people are on the high horse

Don't be condescending sad angry

Stay there, we will make this country better

I hope this officer gets punished
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
buffalowings:

You only take offense because you are insecure about your situation. Nothing I said was meant to be condescending. It only felt that way to you because you feel bad about your situation. Please make Nigeria better. I am waiting to come home.
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by Franky826: 4:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
Zoo zoo zoo yes I wail zoo!!!
What's the difference between this legal criminal and the one that was burnt few weeks ago at oshodi? Cause he is wearing a uniform I guess.

Oga we go open ya nyash today. Dem go fire you for this recession, you go feel am. Your fate is sealed and signed
Nonsense!

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by ephi123(f): 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
Just imagine the shameless begging. These police men deserve no respect AT ALL.

Can we please have this post moved to FP? Officers like these need to be taught a hard lesson.
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by ephi123(f): 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
buffalowings:

I don't think she was being condescending, particularly as she said "Being abroad is nice but it is not home." This is the reality of many people who desire to return home - unfortunately the current state of Nigeria is not palatable at all for anyone who has been used to a functional system where things work as they should.

1 Like

Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by buffalowings: 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
FortuneTeller:

You only take offense because you are insecure about your situation. Nothing I said was meant to be condescending. It only felt that way to you because you feel bad about your situation. Please make Nigeria better. I am waiting to come home.

Of course, I'm insecure cos things are bad
The more reason I need to strap my belt.

I keep plugging on trying to make thing's better for myself..

And I'm winning in my own little way.
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by buffalowings: 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
ephi123:

I don't think she was being condescending, particularly as she said "Being abroad is nice but it is not home." This is the reality of many people who desire to return home - unfortunately the current state of Nigeria is not palatable at all for anyone who has been used to a functional system where things work as they should.

Check her response there.
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by ephi123(f): 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
buffalowings:

Check her response there.

Fair point. I stick just to her first post smiley
Re: Police Extortion.. My Experience Today 03/12/16 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
buffalowings:

Of course, I'm insecure cos things are bad
The more reason I need to strap my belt.

I keep plugging on trying to make thing's better for myself..

And I'm winning in my own little way.

Then don't take your insecurities out on me. Continue plugging away to make Nigeria better. I am encouraging you and everyone else to do so. No one wants to leave their home. But you can't expect everyone to stay in a burning house. Someone has to get out while someone stays behind to put out the fire. You are there, so all I can do is encourage you to keep making things better so the rest of us can return home.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fake Tv Marketers Sells Plywood To Victim As A Flat Screen Tv (photos) / Lady Found Dead In A Street In Rivers State [photos] / How I Paid My Brother To Impregnate My Wife, Now He Is Claiming The Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.