Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: (22283 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom / Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by barnabas91: 9:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
Catalyst4real:

This really got me laughing

So because the scores can be revisited, we should continue with the rebuttals all night? cheesy

You seem to be really worried about the results grin

The experience alone is fulfilling, winning is just the reward

dont tell me you are scared to be pushed harder grin
you are already accepting defeat
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Fynestboi: 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
RESULT LOADING..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Catalyst4real: 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
barnabas91:

dont tell me you are scared to be pushed harder grin
you are already accepting defeat
Accept defeat?
My psychological reaction towards the result won't add a single mark to whichever team you support

Just wait for the result bro
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Fynestboi: 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
cool
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Fynestboi: 9:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
JUDGE X

Neyoor

1. Presentation (opening, flow, paragraphs, grammar, punctuations, word count, closing,)= 4marks

2. Logic of arguments= 3marks

3. Strength of facts, examples, cases.= 4marks

4. Persuasiveness= 3marks

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject= 3marks

6. Rebuttals and response to questions raised by the judges and the audience.=3marks

Total= 20marks.

Catalystic4real

1. Presentation (opening, flow, paragraphs, grammar, punctuations, word count, closing,)= 4marks

2. Logic of arguments= 4marks

3. Strength of facts, examples, cases.= 4marks

4. Persuasiveness= 3marks

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject= 4marks

6. Rebuttals and response to questions raised by the judges and the audience.=3marks

Total= 22marks.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Fynestboi: 9:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
JUDGE Y

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Fynestboi: 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
JUDGE Z

Catalyst4real
1. Presentation (opening, flow, paragraphs, grammar, punctuations, word count, closing,) 3

2. Logic of arguments 4

3. Strength of facts, examples, cases. 4

4. Persuasiveness 3

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject 3

6. Rebuttals and response to questions raised by the judges and the audience 3

Total : 20

Neyor
1. Presentation (opening, flow, paragraphs, grammar, punctuations, word count, closing,) 3

2. Logic of arguments 4

3. Strength of facts, examples, cases. 4

4. Persuasiveness 4

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject 4

6. Rebuttals and response to questions raised by the judges and the audience 3

Total : 22
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Fynestboi: 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2016
UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN

JUDGE X 20
JUDGE Y 22
JUDGE Z 22

ABU ZARIA
X: 22
Y: 20.5
Z: 20

UNILORIN 64
ABU ZARIA 62.5

Winner: Unilorin
BESTdebater: None.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
Alhamdulilah!

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Catalyst4real: 10:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
Can't stop laughing, All is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Abuklaw(m): 10:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
Special appreciation to my colleague, catalast4real. You are truly a genius by nature.
Thanks to team NISD
Congratulations to team Unilorin.
Kudos to the judges.
We appreciate the members of Nairaland intelligentsia.

I remain abuklaw.

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Abuklaw(m): 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
Neyoor:
Alhamdulilah!
Yes! He is worthy of praise. Best of luck in your future schedule.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Fynestboi: 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
Based on the above scores from the three judges I hereby declare University of ILORIN as the winner of NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE THIRD EDITION SEMI FINALS MATCH.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
Abuklaw:
Yes! He is worthy of praise. Best of luck in your future schedule.

Thanks bro! I salute your spirit of sportsmanship.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Fynestboi: 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
THIRD PLACE MATCH

BRONZE AWAIT THE WINNER.

LASU VS ABU ZARIA

Catalystic4real
Abuklaw
Timidelaw
DEJMAN
Holarpelumi
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by SweetieConstie(f): 10:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fynestboi:
Based on the above scores from the three judges I hereby declare University of ILORIN as the winner of NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE THIRD EDITION SEMI FINALS MATCH.
Congratulations to UNILORIN! cheesy
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Catalyst4real: 10:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fynestboi:
THIRD PLACE MATCH

BRONZE AWAIT THE WINNER.

LASU VS ABU ZARIA

Catalystic4real
Abuklaw
Timidelaw
DEJMAN
Holarpelumi
Officially hanging my boot

I can't give better than what I gave today, my replacement will be announced in due time
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Abuklaw(m): 10:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
Neyoor:

Thanks bro! I salute your spirit of sportsmanship.
Our life is a mixture of victory and defeat-so says the realist. Is there anything else I can do than to felicitate the victors and evaluate my shortcomings.

Team ABU knows it isn't win-win all the time. Most time, we lose not because we are not capable, but because circumstances dictate it. My only regret is; I disappointed you guys because of my inability to take cognizance of scheduled time.

we will bounce back.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Catalyst4real: 10:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fynestboi who were the two other judges? coz HerexG was the only one present, as I noticed.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Fynestboi: 10:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
Catalyst4real:
Fynestboi who were the two other judges? coz HerexG was the only one present, as I noticed.

Joseph1382
Isacolukay
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Imoletide(m): 10:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
Congratulations to the representative of our great institution,Unilorin for winning the Semi-Finals,up next is the Final,Unilorites esp me are behind you guys Neyoor and the rest of the team,bring the cup home.

To ABU representatives,you guys write-up was wow,i had so many things to learn,am sorry for your loss Abuklaw esp when u have exam 2mao,dust it off and rise again like a king you are. Catlystic4Real thanks for carrying the cross for ABU solely,i hope your team wins the bronze but watch out for Holarpelumi of LASU,he and his team are very good.

And to the Judges and Moderators,i appreciate your patience and unbiased judgement. God bless Nairaland! God bless Nigeria Institutions!! God Bless Nigeria!!! #Imoletide

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Abuklaw(m): 10:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
Catalyst4real:

I can't give better than what I gave today, my replacement will be announced in due time
Don't do this please. I wanted to do the same thing since our mood dictates what we think at the moment but it is better to take a hold and prove to the world that we lost because of circumstance, not for incapability. We can do it once again! We must do it again! Team ABU will bounce back.

IN LEARNING AND SERVICE, EXCELLENT IS OUR GOAL. AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, WE SHALL ALWAYS FIGHT FIGHT FOR OUR PLACE (BEST).
NATURALLY AHEAD OF YOU
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Fynestboi: 10:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
Catalyst4real:

Hanging boot? You can only hang your boot only if you are now a graduate, why hanging boot, there is still a final lap for. You sir.. undecided
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Abuklaw(m): 11:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
fynestboi, please don't fix the third place between now and 15th of April. I might not come online until then.

Good night all.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Fynestboi: 11:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
Abuklaw:
fynestboi, please don't fix the third place between now and 15th of April. I might not come online until then.

Good night all.

OK sir...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by irenmwinfo(m): 11:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
I really appreciate every participants both the judge X, Y, Z . It was really a nice topic to debate on. Am an Alumni of the BETTER BY FAR University (Unilorin) Class 2015 and a current Batch B Corp member. Kudos to UNILORIN representative and ABU Zaria, you've all done excellently well and i wish u guyz success in all your endeavours. God bless you all. Good night
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by YoungestMuller(m): 11:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
Better By Far in every aspect...
Anything we do is always a hit <<< 2 <<<
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by Sarcasm01: 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
WAW!, PROBITAS DOCTRINA
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by zeedof(m): 12:07am On Mar 29, 2016
BSc at ABU and MSC AT ILORIN... WHO WILL I SUPPORT

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: by graciousolo(m): 7:54am On Mar 29, 2016
Congrats to everybody who participated Abuklaw, catalyst4real,good job and please don't hang your boot, I'm looking forward to reading your next essay.

Neyoor, Tourshaw (Unilorin team as a whole) Thanks, our efforts wouldn't have been futile even if we lost. It was really a battle, we were engaged all through.

Thanks to the judges, moderators, audience and every other person indeed. Luxxane maintained her cool all through. Fynestboi kept us hanging chai.

One more to go. We are going to do nothing but, better by far. God bless us all. Thank you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Ways Nigerian Universities Defraud Students / Renovation of toilets in OAU Hostel (Photos) / Enugu's Chioma Ebue Wins Second Best Teacher For JSS In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.