Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

NUC Discredits The Report That Medical Students Are To Spend 11 Years In School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Discredits The Report That Medical Students Are To Spend 11 Years In School (293 Views)

Akwa Ibom Science College Where Students Are Raised In Squalour / How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School / Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NUC Discredits The Report That Medical Students Are To Spend 11 Years In School by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has
discredited the reports that medical students in
Nigerian universities would henceforth study for 11
years before obtaining an MBBS degree.
This was disclosed by the NUC Executive
Secretary, Prof. Julius Okojie, in Abuja,
According to him, the new Benchmark Minimum
Academic Standard (BMAS) for Medicine and
Dentistry, which had since been made public by
commission, only provides for a seven-year
training, leading to the award of MBBS/MDS.
“A seven year MBBS programme that encompass a
seamless four- year acquisition of the B.SC. Basic
Medical Science with interest in either Anatomy/
Physiology/Biochemistry."
“At the end of seven years, students would have
acquired the Bachelor of Medical Science,
Bachelorof Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
degrees. In case of dental programmes, students
would have acquired a degree in Basic Dental
Sciences and Bachelor of Dental Surgery."

myschool.com.ng/school/news/44394/nuc-discredits-the-report-that-medical-students-are-to-spend-11-years-in-school.html
Re: NUC Discredits The Report That Medical Students Are To Spend 11 Years In School by BillzCarter(m): 10:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
I knew it was a lie right from the day I saw it.
Re: NUC Discredits The Report That Medical Students Are To Spend 11 Years In School by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 10:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
BillzCarter:
I knew it was a lie right from the day I saw it.

it wasn't it

(1) (Reply)

We All Need Courage & Motivation. / UNILORIN Plans To Offer Free Adult Education For Host Community - Study4free / Online Oracle Oaf Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.