Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Happy World Poetry Day! Drop A Verse Here! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Happy World Poetry Day! Drop A Verse Here! (923 Views)

Today Is World Poetry Day: What Are Your Favourite Poems? / Drop A Comment And I Will Design A Book Cover: FREE. / Drop A Comment Here And I'll Help You Make A Book Cover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy World Poetry Day! Drop A Verse Here! by obiZEAL(m): 10:53am On Mar 21, 2016
Today is world Poetry Day!.... Let's explore the beauty of words...let's see your peoms

Re: Happy World Poetry Day! Drop A Verse Here! by obiZEAL(m): 10:58am On Mar 21, 2016
The tragedy of an unlived life
The anguish of a fruitless thrive
Who knows the pain I feel
When life presents a scar time can't heal
I just put on my mask of smiles
Hoping to find solace down the isle
We had a life, not one you would wish for
But it was all we had and it was all we loved
It was devoid of three square meals and a teddy to love
But the happiness and honesty we shared was just enough
We woke up every morning to the shy sun, popping out from behind the mountains
We never had a TV set and we never knew the dilemma of choosing between margarine and mayonnaise
But every evening when we sit round the burning fire under the glowing moon, we shared smiles that radiated contentment in different ways
Until the night when we saw the last moon
we had hurt no man and had wished no woman misfortune
but still they came for us in the darkness of the night, the raped the innocence of our virgins and killed the courage of our men.
our lifes where at the mercy of the swiftness of our feets
The killed our dreams and took away our future, not in retaliation for any wrong done, but for pleasure and fun.
Our clans and lineage was reduced to another number in the statistic of the trials of our nation
Our nameless fathers and selfless mothers where all laid into the earth without dignity or tradition
We might have seen worst days but our burning hope will never be extinguished because we believe in new beginnings and happy endings!

Re: Happy World Poetry Day! Drop A Verse Here! by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 21, 2016
I love this day.....

enjoy this bit I wrote for my love Adeola

ADEOLA DANCED

Owl eyes, mouth gape as I followed her
into the ball with the light in her hand
boys zombied stood moroned by her beauty

she walked elegantly into the ball
in a fashion life had never seen
making cats sit in awe like wannabees

she greeted the boys with that delicious smile
making the sun to light at dusk
and the stars to drop at her feet

on her head was the crown of wealth
yet she remained flawless in beauty
making the Princess of Troy look rugged

Her cleavage appealed to me for a touch
to reveal her bossom that hid in stealth
firm and fruity behind the veil

I held her hands tender than teddies fur
I kissed that lips that kings craves
as we danced at our wedding party

Ayeni Tolulope

Kindly checkout http://kikiotolu..com for the best and latest poems, stories, drama, romance and awesome editorials.

2 Likes

Re: Happy World Poetry Day! Drop A Verse Here! by CuteInBlack(m): 10:59am On Mar 21, 2016
John 11:35 "Jesus Wept" One verse, One Hearse grin

1 Like

Re: Happy World Poetry Day! Drop A Verse Here! by obiZEAL(m): 11:01am On Mar 21, 2016
More than a moment lost
More than a memory to be forever remembered
More than the heartache of a jilt
More than the beauty of a rising sun
More than the betrayal of a trusted ally
More than the calm of a glowing moon
More than the bile of a fruitless enterprise
More than the rhythm of a morning sparrow
More than the crave of a lonely lover
More than the comfort of a warm hug
More than the desire of a travelers taste
More than the serenity of a spring garden
More than the salty tear of a mother’s loss
More than the fecundity of a farmer’s field
More than the reality that life is finite
More than the pain of a friend’s anguish
...is the possibility of a new beginning
The ability to start all over
…is the sweetness of the nectar
The danger of going further
…is the clutch of a loving embrace
The strength in holding on
…is the deceit of a second chance
The bravery in letting go
…and above all is;
knowing when to start all over and when to go further
knowing when to hold on and when to let go.

Re: Happy World Poetry Day! Drop A Verse Here! by obiZEAL(m): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2016
kikiotolu:
I love this day.....

enjoy

Kindly checkout http://kikiotolu..com for the best and latest poems, stories, drama, romance and awesome editorials.
Will be checking it out right away...but we will appreciate if you just paste of ur poetic piece on this thread
Re: Happy World Poetry Day! Drop A Verse Here! by obiZEAL(m): 11:06am On Mar 21, 2016
CuteInBlack:
John 11:35 "Jesus Wept" One verse, One Hearse grin
Lolz....maybe I should have said one poetic verse...
Re: Happy World Poetry Day! Drop A Verse Here! by obiZEAL(m): 11:10am On Mar 21, 2016
obiZEAL:
Today is world Poetry Day!.... Let's explore the beauty of words...let's see your peoms
Cc: obinnau

Lalasticlala
Re: Happy World Poetry Day! Drop A Verse Here! by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 21, 2016
Do all the Good you can In all the ways you can In all the places you can At all the times you can As long as you ever can.
Re: Happy World Poetry Day! Drop A Verse Here! by CuteInBlack(m): 11:40am On Mar 21, 2016
obiZEAL:

Lolz....maybe I should have said one poetic verse...

Yep bro, I love poetry too especially when read quickly, the type you lot love to call RAP smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Assassination / The Origin Of 'mammy Market / Campus Runs Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.