Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) (48889 Views)

Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / How Much Will It Cost To Write TOEFL In Nigeria? Help Me With Materials Too / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by igasiboy98: 4:00pm On Mar 22, 2016
Icon4s:
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by igasiboy98: 4:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
Icon4s:

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Eddodoh(m): 4:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pls, advice!
I hold HND, Cooperative Economics and Management.

Which career path is best suited for my discipline?

NB: I have been in d Customer Service field working in BPO and hospitality industries.

I will appreciate a mentor to help me chart a career.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by greatbrian(m): 9:41am On Mar 24, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Opinion by spreading false info.
Are u a bastard what's all dz rubbish
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:15am On Mar 24, 2016
greatbrian:
Are u a bastard what's all dz rubbish
You must be crazy by calling a bastard. You son of a foolish-idiot
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by greatbrian(m): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You must be crazy by calling a bastard. You son of a foolish-idiot
Abeg swerve am not the type that will exchange words with u. I can only job and work on u if u cross my path...........and for Pete sake y the he'll r u quoting me don't u hv better tins to do
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
greatbrian:

Abeg swerve am not the type that will exchange words with u. I can only job and work on u if u cross my path...........and for Pete sake y the he'll r u quoting me don't u hv better tins to do
mtchewww..... Buffoon. If you know you don't want to be quoted you don't have yo reply to threads and if you quote me I would finish with words because, you abused me first.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Henycymama(f): 12:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
hexy40:
start your own zoo, you can start by buying Rats and cocroaches, then Goats, with time you can raise enogh money to buy wild animals like bush rat etc. I hope this is helpful

Lolzz, u try
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Amthol(m): 6:32pm On May 12, 2016
After painstakingly taking my time to go through the comments made on this thread I must say that am disappointed with the kind of comments here (trying not to be insulting )

@OP

Once your sister is through with her Masters in parasitology with at least an average result she is on her way to become a researcher she can go online to search for scholarship for Phd student usually there are many application request for a Phd student personally I know of different site of which this is what they do e.g findphdscholarship.com. And if you are on scholarship especially if it is outside Nigeria the monthly stipends you will be paid will be equal to a full scale salary of a Senior bank officer here in Nigeria belief me you your sister should not be looking for work.

I hope its helpful
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by knarphie1(f): 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
paulibling:

my friend that earns $3600 per month i mention on nairaland one certain time actually studied zoology BSC Applied Parasitology and Entomology MSC. He started with apprentice at CARTER CENTRE then to Entomology and Parasitology lab in one govt agency to HELEN KELLER INTERNATIONAL AND finally an American NGO where he earns in dollars here in Nigeria. He is eyeing WHO.

I read the same Zoology and MSC in Applied Entomology and Parasitology. Phd in view in molecular Entomology and i also eye WHO.i HAVE A well paid GOOD JOB in govt agency.
YOU must put GOD first in anything you do. ME and my homeboy aint what we are today on our strength but God made it so.

lots of my friends and school mate that studied courses like microbiology,biochemistry, medlab science etc are jobless. so the course you studied would not guarantee your success in that course but GOD.
HI fellow colleague. I would love to have a conversation with you. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by paulibling(m): 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
knarphie1:

HI fellow colleague. I would love to have a conversation with you. Thanks in anticipation
I am game. Send me your contact.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by knarphie1(f): 2:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
sykeng:
not only banks. i hv frnds working in public firms. proudly parasitologist
HI fellow colleague. I would love to have a conversation with you. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by knarphie1(f): 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
ekpotek:
It is apparent from many of the reactions posted there shows our shallow knowledge about the field of Zoology. Zoology is one of the four basic sciences with a wide range of opportunities for its graduates. I am a professor of parasitology and epidemiology here in Nigeria, many of my ex students are managers in banks, public institutions and international NGOs like Unicef, WHO, FHI, sightsavers, etc. with first degree in Zoology. Parasitology is one of the oldest fields in Zoology. It may interests you to know that many of diseases found in Nigeria are caused by parasites - malaria, river blindness, elephantiasis, round worm, lice, ticks, sleeping sickness etc. Medical and veterninary doctors only learn how to treat diseases, parasitologist are needed to help prevent and control these diseases. Unfortunately, we are not training enough parasitologist, that is why Nigeria remains the most endemic country in Africa for preventable parasitic diseases. I will encourage the OP sister to take career in research by getting a PhD and she will never regret it. I am technical advisor to WHO on neglected tropical diseases, and I will be happy to mentor the OP sister into as exciting career in parasitology if she is interested.

Hello Sir..I would love to have a conversation with you. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by knarphie1(f): 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
paulibling:

I am game. Send me your contact.
naffie_bukkie@yahoo.com
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by knarphie1(f): 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
duduade:

Please pm me o... At least we could be fellow colleagues and be friends....

HI fellow colleague. I would love to have a conversation with you. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by diamondaphy: 10:44am On Jan 06, 2017
ekpotek:
It is apparent from many of the reactions posted there shows our shallow knowledge about the field of Zoology. Zoology is one of the four basic sciences with a wide range of opportunities for its graduates. I am a professor of parasitology and epidemiology here in Nigeria, many of my ex students are managers in banks, public institutions and international NGOs like Unicef, WHO, FHI, sightsavers, etc. with first degree in Zoology. Parasitology is one of the oldest fields in Zoology. It may interests you to know that many of diseases found in Nigeria are caused by parasites - malaria, river blindness, elephantiasis, round worm, lice, ticks, sleeping sickness etc. Medical and veterninary doctors only learn how to treat diseases, parasitologist are needed to help prevent and control these diseases. Unfortunately, we are not training enough parasitologist, that is why Nigeria remains the most endemic country in Africa for preventable parasitic diseases. I will encourage the OP sister to take career in research by getting a PhD and she will never regret it. I am technical advisor to WHO on neglected tropical diseases, and I will be happy to mentor the OP sister into as exciting career in parasitology if she is interested.

pls am at the edge of rounding up my National Youth Service Corps at Akwa-Ibom state and i dont want to b idle thereafter...i have B.SC in Zoology with 2:1, tho i av no work experience yet, if you can be a mentor to me in this field..will b highly grateful., since i couldnt contact u thru any means...my email is: emmanueldorcas0132@gmail.com.., Thanks in anticipation and if there is someone else touched to help., i will kindly app8
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by diamondaphy: 10:51am On Jan 06, 2017
[quote author=ekpotek post=43988588]It is apparent from many of the reactions posted there shows our shallow knowledge about the field of Zoology. Zoology is one of the four basic sciences with a wide range of opportunities for its graduates. I am a professor of parasitology and epidemiology here in Nigeria, many of my ex students are managers in banks, public institutions and international NGOs like Unicef, WHO, FHI, sightsavers, etc. with first degree in Zoology. Parasitology is one of the oldest fields in Zoology. It may interests you to know that many of diseases found in Nigeria are caused by parasites - malaria, river blindness, elephantiasis, round worm, lice, ticks, sleeping sickness etc. Medical and veterninary doctors only learn how to treat diseases, parasitologist are needed to help prevent and control these diseases. Unfortunately, we are not training enough parasitologist, that is why Nigeria remains the most endemic country in Africa for preventable parasitic diseases. I will encourage the OP sister to take career in research by getting a PhD and she will never regret it. I am technical advisor to WHO on neglected tropical diseases, and I will be happy to mentor the OP sister into as exciting career in parasitology if she is interested.

pls Sir, am at the edge of rounding up my National Youth Service Corps at Akwa-Ibom state and i dont want to b idle thereafter...i have B.SC in Zoology with 2:1, tho i av no work experience yet, if you can be a mentor to me in this field..will b highly grateful., since i couldnt contact u thru any means...my email is: emmanueldorcas0132@gmail.com.., thanks in anticipation
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by folabiola(f): 9:27am On Apr 03, 2017
ekpotek:

Sir, i would like to be your mentee. I'm currently running my masters in cellular parasitology at UI. I sent you a message through email oj*********tosin@ymail.com but you havent reply. looking forward to your kind response. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by sandilicous(f): 9:42pm On Mar 04, 2020
Please I would like to have a little chat with you concerning this post. Please send me a mail ahanekusandra@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by Olufemisamuel: 2:16am On Aug 21, 2020
This link deals a great deal on the employment opportunities and salary scale of zoologists in Nigeria
https://www.nigeriaboom.com/2020/08/zoologist-zoology-salary-in-nigeria.html
I hope this helps a great deal
Re: Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP) by egobetatoday: 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2020
kayjegs:
Going through the posts, I think the question of the OP has been answered. I also studied Zoology in Nigeria and now doing my PhD in Toxicology in Canada. I think people should know now that in Nigeria, there is no course you do that guarantees you job maybe except Medicine, nursing. Studying Zoology or some of those fancy named courses doesn't mean you are doing something better. It is more than that. It is about what you can do with your basic BSc or MSc training. It is about what you really want to do in life. Everything is not about job, job but about what type of job do I want to do? What can I do to get to where I want to. Also learn to talk to people, make friends and get the right connections. Information is the key plus God's direction. I'm proud to be a Zoologist.

Good to know u are already in canada, Kayjegs. our PR applications have been delayed because of COVID. Just searching online and found your post. Just wanted to ask about the job outlook for Zoologists in canada. Did you take a master's degree in canada too, and in what field? Have you completed the PhD in toxicology? Did it help your Job search? what other information can you give me about availability of Jobs for Zoologists in canada. Do you think ontario is the best province for Zoology because we intend to move to edmonton? I've completed an MSc in the same field and currently pursuing a PhD in Biotechnology. Do you think addition of biotechnology will help me significantly?. I apologise for the numerous questions. kindly help calm my nerves pls.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose Gives Kia Cerato To Bamisile Lucy, Ekiti Best Civil Servant, 2016 / The Factory Worker Who Went From ₦220k To ₦35k/month / Unpopular Tech Jobs That Pay More Than The Popular Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.