Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo (2756 Views)

Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury / UAE Blocks Attempt By An Ex-gov To Transfer Half A Billion Dollars / ‘I Met $3.7 Billion In Reserve, While Buhari Met $30 Billion’ – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by denko(m): 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has dismissed calls by some people demanding that he accounts for Abacha loot recovered by his administration. In an interview over the weekend, the former military general described such persons as “illiterates and stupid people”.

Obasanjo said the role of his office was to facilitate the recovery process and not how it was put to use.

“They said the money recovered from Abacha, I should account for it. What stupidity! The man who asked for it, the man who gave the judgement or who answered them are all stupid, with due respect.

“I don’t keep account, all Abacha loots were sent to Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, and every bit of it was reported to Minister of Finance. My job was to write where we can get help to recover the money.

“Every penny that comes out of it went to CBN, so if they want to know what happened to the money, they should call CBN governor or call the Minister of Finance.

“But again, it shows ignorance, total ignorance, which is lacking and you wonder, are these people educated? They can also approach the man who helped us in recovering process to give the list of money recovered and where he took it,” Obasanjo said.

Buhari Luckier Than Me

While commenting on oil prices, Obasanjo said President Muhammadu Buhari was lucky comparing Buhari’s opportunities with his own.

“When I assumed office in 1999, I inherited $3.7 billion in reserve, while Buhari met $30 billion, almost 10 times of what I met then, and the price of oil then was $9. When it got to $20, I was dancing.

“I know the price is down now and with time, it will jump up again. What Buhari is doing currently is preparing ground for Nigeria to take advantage when it goes up again,” he maintained.
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
where is ur source ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by SeverusSnape(m): 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
Buhari is a certified illiterate liar.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Monalisa185(f): 2:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
Mtcheeeewwww
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by cckris: 2:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
It won't be up to $10b by now, & nothing to show for it, except flying around the world hiding the money for himself.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by inteli: 2:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
OBJ has suddenly found his voice? hmmmm...
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by searchcorp(m): 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
I keep telling you guys that Obasanjo is the best president this country has ever had.
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Laka2bor(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
Can u imagine dat,if not dat dey fire OBJ d secret of empty treasure wll Neva b xpose.GEJ God s wt u,ur enemies wll xposed demsef one by one

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by SleekMallam: 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
Why is the old Fox Obj saying this now? Buhari is a saint hence is beyond the capacity to lie. Buhari and Apc said it was an empty treasury.
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
Dumb Dumb Dumb

Fake news and if it were true

Someone should tell Baba that empty does not mean EMPTY'

They should also ask Baba if 30 million dollars should ask him if that was what should have been left?
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by highpriest4: 3:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
Agbaya oshi

That state lie by that congenital liar buari was pronounced more than 9 months ago, now can you tell us why it took you so long debunk such an obvious lies.

Forever remain mute
U wan use style style turn wailer.

When you and fellow bedwetting old men forced this senile old Mai narma on us, were you doing it under the influence of shiit intoxication?

Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by flokii: 3:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
and how much did the clueless one meet there?
over $60 billion when oil price was even lesser...

bfor some morons will start celebrating him.. this doesn't change d fact that he's corrupt and must be probed..

abeg where those him associates.. make dem sharply implicate am jare

DSS make una no fall my hand o
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Omashowen: 3:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
SERVICE CENTRE SUPERVISOR.
JD/QUALIFICATION
• B.Eng. Electrical/Electronic Engineering
• Not less than 3 years working experience
• Not less than 2 years experience as a Supervisor
• Good oral/written communication and leadership skills.
• Conversant with Microsoft office, especially excel
• Responsible for supervising the affairs of the service centre for quality service delivery to customers.
Interested applicants should send CV to wdmrecruitments@gmail.com
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Omashowen: 3:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
SHOWROOM SUPERVISOR.
JD/QUALIFICATION
• BSC or HND Marketing or Business Admin
• Not less than 3 years working experience
• Not less than 2 years experience as a Sales Supervisor
• Good oral/written communication and leadership skills.
• Conversant with Microsoft office, especially excel
• Experience in the same sector or in a highly competitive FMCG industry will be a clear advantage
• Responsible for supervising the affairs of the showroom for quality service delivery to customers.
Interested applicants should send CV to wdmrecruitments@gmail.com
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by DaBullIT(m): 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
justified10:
where is ur source ?

Dem no born am well make he put source

Because why? Obasanjo was talking about early 80ies when Buhari was a military president

Awon IPOB oshi
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by pedrilo: 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
30 billion dollars is equal to empty treasury according to APC. Ok o.
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by thundafire: 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
GEJ is getting vindicated daily cs APC as used dy lies to cover dier zombies brain in stealing dy funds
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
BURSTED
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
DaBullIT:

Because why? Obasanjo was talking about early 80ies when Buhari was a military president

Awon IPOB oshi
ok..everybody dat has somtin to say against buhari is an IPOB?

everyone who criticizes buhari is an IPOB.

d same way PDP supporters think everybody dat criticizes dem is APC...

oga o..

I told him to put source cos it was a "sensitive" issue
OBJ said it for real, and he wasn't talking about d 80s.

‘I Met $3.7 Billion In Reserve, While Buhari Met $30 Billion’ – Obasanjo https:///wsO833AVZv https:///0GHRxmTAlJ
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Pedropa: 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2016
DaBullIT:

Awon IPOB oshi

I nearly shouted the name of my sabiour with this rubbish u said.

How many plates of aisha rice u don chop today ?
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by danites3: 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2016
Do i take that most of thé people commenting here dont know thé différence between foreign réserve and fédéral govt account?
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by DaBullIT(m): 10:33pm On Mar 21, 2016
Lol

First of all i do not click links i do not trust

Secondly , This interview with OBJ i have read it from different websites and OBJ was talking about when Buhari gained power as a military ruler

Simple and direct, If you can to criticize , Criticize your heart out , non of my business, but when you try to lie and twist facts i take it personally

While commenting on oil prices, Obasanjo said President Muhammadu Buhari was lucky comparing Buhari’s opportunities with his own.

When I assumed office in 1999, I inherited $3.7 billion in reserve, while Buhari met $30 billion, almost 10 times of what I met then, and the price of oil then was $9. When it got to $20, I was dancing.

“I know the price is down now and with time, it will jump up again. What Buhari is doing currently is preparing ground for Nigeria to take advantage when it goes up again,” he maintained.
Buhbye
justified10:
ok..everybody dat has somtin to say against buhari is an IPOB?

everyone who criticizes buhari is an IPOB.

d same way PDP supporters think everybody dat criticizes dem is APC...

oga o..

I told him to put source cos it was a "sensitive" issue
OBJ said it for real, and he wasn't talking about d 80s.

‘I Met $3.7 Billion In Reserve, While Buhari Met $30 Billion’ – Obasanjo https:///wsO833AVZv https:///0GHRxmTAlJ
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by DaBullIT(m): 10:34pm On Mar 21, 2016
Pedropa:

I nearly shouted the name of my sabiour with this rubbish u said.

How many plates of aisha rice u don chop today ?

How many kongo your papa thief come house ?

Omo eran , counter my claim with facts, don't try to divert with Aisha rice
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
DaBullIT:
Lol

First of all i do not click links i do not trust

Secondly , This interview with OBJ i have read it from different websites and OBJ was talking about when Buhari gained power as a military ruler

Simple and direct, If you can to criticize , Criticize your heart out , non of my business, but when you try to lie and twist facts i take it personally

Buhbye
where did he mention 80s..

? what is d lie dat d op lied?

how was d interview twisted...?

obj was obviously talking about d post military era...

show me where he mentioned 80s or military.

admit it, u are lyk d rest who thinks anyone who criticizes buhari is PDP and anyone who praises him is APC..

it is wrong to think dat way..
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Bevista: 11:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
I'll lend my voice to this post before I pass.
---
There is a difference between Reserves and Treasury. Reserves is used to meet import demand, international payments, repatriation of foreign Investments, etc while the Treasury is used for the running and administration of government. It is possible to have a healthy Treasury yet empty Reserves and vice versa. Ideally, a government cannot withdraw from the Reserves for the running of government.
---
PMB never said he met an empty FX Reserves. He said he met an empty Treasury, meaning he met no money to run his government, even though there was $29b+ in Reserves to meet import demand.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by babdap: 11:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
End time wailer
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by DaBullIT(m): 11:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
They have eyes they cant see

Stay in school , you no gree

Why did you edit my quote from the website the marafaka supplied ?

If you had any sense , you would know OBJ was talking about the past , not the present and he even mentioned clearly that PMB is clearing the ground for increase in crude price ,

Before you become Olugbeja , Mmake sure your client is on his right
justified10:
where did he mention 80s..

? what is d lie dat d op lied?

how was d interview twisted...?

obj was obviously talking about d post military era...

show me where he mentioned 80s or military.

admit it, u are lyk d rest who thinks anyone who criticizes buhari is PDP and anyone who praises him is APC..

it is wrong to think dat way..
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
DaBullIT:
They have eyes they cant see

Stay in school , you no gree

Why did you edit my quote from the website the marafaka supplied ?

If you had any sense , you would know OBJ was talking about the past , not the present and he even mentioned clearly that PMB is clearing the ground for increase in crude price ,

Before you become Olugbeja , Mmake sure your client is on his right
all I am asking is, where did he mention the 80s...wen he was obviously talking about 1999 and now...

I am not sure I argued with u dat obj didn't say PMB is clearing ground...

u insulted me just for d love u av for PMB, it would av been better if u answer my questions after d insults... but u didn't even answer...

I didn't edit. ur post, I dont av d time to edit it.

plus, i am d same "marafaka" dat supplied d website. and d same person dat asked d op for his source..

I am not in d mood to insult u...and I am not finding ur insults insultive.

and u said I no Gree stay for skul, u must be a genius to know dis without being told.

back to the matter, where did OBJ mention the 80s.?
Re: Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo by Mynd44: 6:29am On Mar 22, 2016

(1)

Which Country In Africa Has This Kind Of Police / Breaking News:Justice Nyako Discharges Nnamdi Kanu & IPOB Members Of All Charges / This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.