Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,968 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work (31930 Views)

Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund / Fayose Dares Aisha Buhari / You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by donvicky2007: 6:14pm On Mar 21, 2016
mynd1:
Fayose d ranting mad man! cheesy
i hope you are enjoying d economy situation of the country.
Mr.P has been destroying all the good things he met on ground.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by igwesammy(m): 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, on Monday said any attempt by President Muhammadu Buhari to declare a state of emergency in Ekiti or Rivers State would be resisted.

Fayose spoke with State House correspondents shortly after taking part in the economic retreat organised by the National Economic Council inside the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The governor said he was aware that Buhari was planning a state of emergency in Rivers State over the bloody election rerun that took place in the state over the weekend.

He said he was also aware that the President had the same plan in stock for the people of Ekiti State.

However he said if he went ahead with the plan, Buhari would be thought a lesson that power belongs to the people and not their leaders.

He said, “They have been insinuating that (state of emergency) too in Ekiti. We have been waiting for them. Power has gone beyond the leaders; power has gone back to the people.

“You want to declare state of emergency, declare it and we will tell you that the state of emergency will not work too. This country belongs to all of us.”

Fayose criticised what he called the militarisation of the Rivers rerun.

He insisted that the military has no business in electoral matters.

He urged Buhari to sustain the legacy of free and fair elections which his administration inherited.

“The military has got no business in our election.

“If you watch the trend, PDP has always won all the elections after the annulment. Which means what happened in Rivers is just a service of ego of some individuals who believe they have Nigeria in their pockets and they can call the President at will to deploy the military.

“It is unfortunate that somebody would allow the military to kill his own people.

“I strongly condemn the elections in Rivers and charge that we sustain he legacy of transparent elections.

“For me in Ekiti, we learned from that and we are prepared. We prepare for election every day and we are fully prepared,” he added.

Fayose also said the Ekiti lawmakers currently being detained by agents of the Department of State Services had further confirmed what he described as the rascality of the agency of government.

He said it was unfortunate that the Federal Government would decide to look away and allow innocent Nigerians’ rights to be trampled upon.

http://www.punchng.com/2016/03/21/fayose-dares-buhari-says-state-of-emergency-wont-work-in-ekiti-rivers/
dis man self
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by laviecontinue: 6:19pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ok m ppl, do we need to rant and curse ourselfs over stuffs like this? Don't we need to face the truth? Why must some home be left in sorrow after ANY election?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by shejane: 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
What do u expect from a yoruba alaye if not ranting nd jumping

Living upto expectation.
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Mubz(m): 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
Until I visited this thread, I wasn't aware anybody still takes this man serious, apparently he still has his fellow barbarian followers on Nairaland.. Smh

First he dared FG to arrest anybody in his govt; Akanni or whatever he's called is in detention right now.. He is at it again!!!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Pavarottii(m): 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
Aufbauh:
The attention Mr Fayose is looking for is not worth it from Mr President so the earlier he realise that silent is the best answer to a Fool.
[size=14pt]Does Fayose looks like he gives a f_ck about Buhari's reply? [/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:22pm On Mar 21, 2016
maestroferddi:
Time to begin to use your head.

Buhari according to your warped logic doesn't know if Fayose exists yet he (Buhari) has stooped so low to round up some Ekiti state law makers like a confused despot that is making out to be.

Can you see that you didn't add up?
So Buhari now heads the DSS?
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Okasha88: 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2016
Fayose is a coward and barking dog that deserve no response or answer to his cowardice!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
yes. late orlandoowoh
OrlandoOwoh:

Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Pavarottii(m): 6:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
OnankpaBa:
grin
grin bunch of zombies, that feel fayose is not relevant. But they are d first to jump on any trend that Fayose is in d topic.

Acting like he is not important. If he is not why not ignore the thread and move on?

Bunch of animals.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Muye03: 6:32pm On Mar 21, 2016
This man no dey brush his mouth.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2016
TIME IS A TEACHER. I HOPE FAYOSE HAS LEARNED A LESSON.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by maestroferddi: 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Ogbeni, how old are you?

I am not that good at entertaining dumb questions, yunno.

You may have to tell us whether DSS derives/receives its operational directive from your faceless local government chairman.

Ok I remember, you support APC so it pours with you...
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Cyojunior(m): 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2016
mynd1:
Fayose d ranting mad man! cheesy

Well I won't say anything. Bt I must let u realize dat u can go miles by even insulting fayose cause he his saying d truth.

Am styll hoping one day to meet u n proove to u hw dump u are !!!
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by chidiandre(m): 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
this man is a noise maker.... he should concentrate on his duty as a governor.... is there no paper to sign or building to commission in that state...like Wtf!!!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by joes11(m): 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
Where then is freedom of speech and expression
OnankpaBa:
Mr President, since Fayose is already in Abuja, he should be made to pay for all his utterances.
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by ChrisWabs: 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2016
dealslip:
Let the truth be told. APC has no direction. All they want is to control every arm of government and all states regardless of whether they are doing well or not. The economy isn't doing well and all they think about is how to grab power for themselves. All this force should be applied in the power sector and see whether Nigeria wont show some improvement. How come the same free and fair election conducted by INEC and brought in Buhari couldn't be repeated in Rivers.

Lol
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by adehika: 6:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, on Monday said any attempt by President Muhammadu Buhari to declare a state of emergency in Ekiti or Rivers State would be resisted.

Fayose spoke with State House correspondents shortly after taking part in the economic retreat organised by the National Economic Council inside the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The governor said he was aware that Buhari was planning a state of emergency in Rivers State over the bloody election rerun that took place in the state over the weekend.

He said he was also aware that the President had the same plan in stock for the people of Ekiti State.

However he said if he went ahead with the plan, Buhari would be thought a lesson that power belongs to the people and not their leaders.

He said, “They have been insinuating that (state of emergency) too in Ekiti. We have been waiting for them. Power has gone beyond the leaders; power has gone back to the people.

“You want to declare state of emergency, declare it and we will tell you that the state of emergency will not work too. This country belongs to all of us.”

He urged Buhari to sustain the legacy of free and fair elections which his administration inherited.

“If you watch the trend, PDP has always won all the elections after the annulment. Which means what happened in Rivers is just a service of ego of some individuals who believe they have Nigeria in their pockets and they can call the President at will to deploy the military.

“It is unfortunate that somebody would allow the military to kill his own people.

“I strongly condemn the elections in Rivers and charge that we sustain he legacy of transparent elections.

“For me in Ekiti, we learned from that and we are prepared. We prepare for election every day and we are fully prepared,” he added.

Fayose also said the Ekiti lawmakers currently being detained by agents of the Department of State Services had further confirmed what he described as the rascality of the agency of government.

He said it was unfortunate that the Federal Government would decide to look away and allow innocent Nigerians’ rights to be trampled upon.

http://www.punchng.com/2016/03/21/fayose-dares-buhari-says-state-of-emergency-wont-work-in-ekiti-rivers/
but the military were used to win election for him, he is just trying to create popularity for him self.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by nature4c: 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2016
Mr Fayose ,u all ways speak peoples. Mind. Buhari is very confused man. If election were like dis last year will he be on dat seat? Just state election all is inconclusive
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by greatwin100: 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2016
PMB is not known for making unguided statement. Fayose as a governor should respect his office ND stop making noise. Edition is a poor state, he should tell us how edition can become economically viable to attract investors for editing growth and development. I appreciate my president for not joining issues with fayose because they are no mate.
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by 3sha4lyf: 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2016
dealslip:
Let the truth be told. APC has no direction. All they want is to control every arm of government and all states regardless of whether they are doing well or not. The economy isn't doing well and all they think about is how to grab power for themselves. All this force should be applied in the power sector and see whether Nigeria wont show some improvement. How come the same free and fair election conducted by INEC and brought in Buhari couldn't be repeated in Rivers.

If you knew about rivers state, you wouldn't have gutted this out. Rivers has been a den of thugs. Remember the HQ of militants?... April 2025 elections WERE NOT FREE AND FAIR but when people cried out, the GEJ administration swept it under their carpets. Now it boomeranged, people like you point fingers at PMB/APC led government.

Amaechi went to his polling unit that year 2015 and requested to see the result sheets BEFORE voting, but instead, the PDP took over the media, cursing him and asking if he was the APC party rep and that he had no right to request for it.

Now, I heard people like Toru Ofili, Kenneth Kobani, Ishi, etc were asking for result sheets BEFORE voting, and all of a sudden, that is now right. Una Welldone oooo. God is watching, and soon, He will speak, cos Sodom & Gomorrah didn't commit half the atrocities we r/have committed for God to have cleared dem all, let alone small Rivers State.

Left for me, I'll suggest, Rivers single ladies, look for outsiders and marry and don't let your children be partakers of the wrath awaiting the state, if they don't behave well. We have the Igbos next to us. If you wan waka, go Edo, Ondo, jump and pass Ekiti, enter Ogun, wherever... Just keep going. Lol

One love Nigeria <3
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by feeloscar(m): 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
criminalmindz:
Buhari can't do anything, if he wants his govt to come to a premature end he should try it. We are daring him. COWARD!
A rabid militant on the loose.
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Misterdhee1(m): 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
I wonder if all his rantings even get to PMB.. Person weh fit insult his mum?? Take him serious at your peril!
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by flexty(m): 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
I really pray that nairaland will survive this era, because venom spitting, lie hawking, and worst-than-satan political P.R.Os, thugs,bloggers, and online retards have taken over every space and thread. Every thrash they post makes FP, their propaganda are promoted by their colleagues and gullible info lacking nairalanders. Its high time the MODS started thorough screening of threads and posts.lets stop the politicizing of this forum, stop the misleading info already...please help to disseminate valuable and timely info.
"HE WHO IS NOT INFORMED IS DEFORMED"- A Potential Nigerian President

GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by sunshine1974(m): 7:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
I wonder why bujari can't accept the fact that APC cant govern all the states. U can't be it all.....he shld just leave rivers for pdp pls.....just the way u can't force pdp on kano people.....funny enough he's keeping mute pretending he doesn't know what is going on....smh
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Nellybii: 7:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
LudaChriz:

Look at an ewedu Oyo eater like u cursing who nobody in ur generation will ever attain his height.

Get a life u black assh

You just keep shouting height height.
What is your own assessment of success?
A lot of people spend most of their lives in the laboratory as researchers struggling to make life better for me and you. That is the height of their successes. If your own definition of height is only political height, I cannot blame you but our eroded societal values. Cheers
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Pwhitelaw(m): 7:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
This attention seeker is on rampage again... Stomach infrastructure governor... Keep ranting
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Arise01: 7:11pm On Mar 21, 2016
criminalmindz:
Buhari can't do anything, if he wants his govt to come to a premature end he should try it. We are daring him. COWARD!
**** If Mr president decided to declare state of emergency in Rivers or Ekiti nothing wl actually happen. Fayose makes me remembered when Obasanjo declared state of emergency in a Ekiti then I culd remember hw fasoye disguised lik a masquerade to avoid embarrassment and arrest. Jst a pity u guys gonna stayed in ur eroded village to type rubbish here.
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Chemstar: 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
DONSMITH123:

@ the bolded. I guess this noisemaker was just taught by his teacher for him to now realise that. Or has he forgotten using military was a welcome idea when he used them to rig himself into office.
Not all Nigerians are stupid like this man is.The earlier Fayose realises this the better for him.
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Chemstar: 7:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
I love Buhari, he doesn't even know if Fayose exists.

Exactly my thought!
He has never dignified the fool with a response so far.
I just PMB will not fall my hands by responding to the ranting of this thug.
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by Chemstar: 7:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
I love Buhari, he doesn't even know if Fayose exists.

Exactly my thought!
He has never dignified the fool with a response so far.
I just hope PMB will not fall my hands by responding to the ranting of this thug.
Re: Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work by 247notire(m): 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2016
bittertruthz:

If you have sense, you will blame animals that are killing and beheading.
What is wrong with state of emergency? Only criminals that operate at night fear state of emergency.

Many Nigerians don't go out after 7pm. What is the difference?
State of emergency keep people safe. PARIS IS STILL ON STATE OF EMERGENCY AFTER ATTACK.

You just want to comment and fayose just want to talk.
Both of you have no sense.
So anyone who moves around after 7pm according to you may be a criminal? And the bolded where did you get that horrible thought from? I see your parents still feed you at home hence your ability to sit in ur father's house to type any nonsense. One of the many silly kids on nairaland these days. You better shut your mouth AQAP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Accused Of Being A Pickpocket Attacked At APC Lagos Rally (Photos) / Protest In Bauchi In Support Of Fuel Subsidy Removal / Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.