Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections (10713 Views)

Result Sheets From Rivers Rerun, PDP Leads / Niger Delta: FG Sets Up C'ttee To Recover Illegal Arms And Stop Spate Of Bombing / INEC Responds To Augustine Alegeh's Allegation On Inconclusive Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by ShowYourCertificate: 1:56am On Mar 22, 2016
The Peoples Democratic Party said on Monday that the conduct of the Independent National Electoral Commission and security operatives in Saturday’s National and State Assembly rerun elections in Rivers State fell short of the expected standard, given their level of mobilisation and preparedness.

The party said it was disappointing that INEC, under the leadership of Prof. Mahmood Yakubu has not been able to conduct any conclusive election in few constituencies and states so far since he assumed office.

In a statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, PDP wondered what the case would be when the entire country is involved in the election.

He said, “Also grossly unacceptable is the shoddy work by security operatives leading to escalation of violence, avoidable deaths and eventual cancellation of election results in eight local government areas in the state.”

Metuh said the nation and the international community should hold INEC, security operatives and the All Progressives Congress responsible should there be a breakdown of law and order in the state over the non-release of the final results.

He alleged that the only reason for the seizure of the results was the fact that the PDP candidates were in clear and overwhelming victory in all the election, and action he alleged prompted the APC, in connivance with INEC, to seek to use the delay to manipulate the results.

Metuh said, “Nigerians and the international community can now see the desperation of the APC, which has now arm-twisted INEC in the unholy bid to alter the results of the elections and subvert the will of the people.

“We want the APC and INEC to mark the salient fact that the PDP, the people of Rivers State and indeed all Nigerians are already aware of the results from respective polling centers, wards and local government areas and will in no way whatsoever accept any final result that does not tally with the actual and already established figures from the polling units.

“We wish to remind the APC and INEC that Rivers State is a known stronghold of the PDP and the results from the elections cannot show otherwise.

“INEC should therefore understand that Nigerians are aware that in withholding the final results, they are ostensibly preparing grounds for chaos in the state.

“While we invite all to note the avoidable growing tension occasioned by the desperation of the APC to steal the mandate of the people, we caution INEC to extricate itself from the evil web and immediately release all the final results of the ballot as cast by the people and nothing more.”
http://www.punchng.com/2016/03/21/rivers-rerun-pdp-berates-inec/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by ShowYourCertificate: 1:57am On Mar 22, 2016
Inconclusive National Electoral Commission (INEC)

I'm not surprised. Afterall, Buhari's WASC result is inconclusive grin

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by amtaken(f): 2:31am On Mar 22, 2016
Buhari should stop spoiling his already rotten name the more.

Why must INEC under his watch always conduct inconclusive elections?

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by Nobody: 2:34am On Mar 22, 2016
Buhari Deserve Some Credit Despite Inconclusive Election.

Any objective and sincere mind will commend Buhari govt for inconclusive elections recorded so far as a major positive change in Nigeria recent electoral history. Anybody who believe in law and order, anybody who hate impunity will agree with me. It is a step in d right direction from extreme impunity to law,rule and order.

We should understand dat d major reason why inconclusive election is common today is because Buhari does not want to associate himself with massive rigging done with extreme impunity. And I know for sure, many APC members especially those who cross carpet from PDP are unhappy with Buhari for this. They see him as being Naive or unwise for not using his power to spread the political office held by APC. There are many like Sylva in Bayelsa, who believe Buhari may live to regret it. Many APC members in Bayelsa and Rivers are unhappy with Buhari 4 being too nice to d opposition. Because in those region all they know b4 now is dat power win election not d people.

INEC can chose to declare every election conclusive by just writing results and announcing it. That will be the end. The aggrieved can only go to court. This was d case in some of d concluded elections under previous govt. Under previous govt, Even when people protest that election was not done in their ward or LGA, result will be announced and d election will be concluded.

Case study: Bayelsa Gov Election vs Abia Gov Election.

Bayelsa election was declared inconclusive because Sylva rigged election in Bayelsa south. There was result for the election. The returning officer of Bayelsa south actually submitted result to the REC in which sylva of APC had enough lead to win d election. But INEC knew d result was rigged. After much consultation with Abuja, the REC councelled the Bayelsa South election even though he had no power to do so. if all that was important to be commended was conclusive election, Sylva would have been governor of Bayelsa today. Sylva is still dissapointed in Buhari till today for not aiding him to rig massively.

In Abia State in Aprill 11 election, the returning officers submitted result highly inflated in 3 LGA in order to cancel all d lead of APGA candidates in more than 7 LGA. The REC announce on live TV that result was cancelled. The governor of Abia State, Olisa Metuh and other PDP big win storm d collation centre with support from Abuja, the REC revised himself and declared d result he already cancelled on live TV.

Leave politics aside, we are only seeing inconclusive election because Buhari has some more degree of integrity compared to previous Nigeris govt. Buhari is not 100% perfect. I strongly believe Buhari can tolerate subtle rigging which can be at d level of some irregularities. But when it is massive and glaring like in d case of PDP in Abia state and APC in Bayelsa state, he wont tolerate it.

Case study 2: Kogi Election
In d case of kogi, d election was already clearly decided. It was declared inconclusive to fulfill all righteousness by following the rule to d letter. It could have been declared conclusive by d REC if he wanted to just d way d final result of Bayelsa was declared despite dat d margin of victory recorded by Dickson (PDP) is less than d total cancelled votes.

We should understand that reforms bring changes slowly. We should sometimes see beyond party politics and commend good tins when we see one. People who condemning PMB for inconclusive elections, may end doing themselves dis service because we all know all it takes for election to be conclusive is for the returning officer to announce result whether people voted or not. The practice announcing fake result is what made most elections in d past conclusive.

in as much we all would be happier with a perfect concluded election which is free and fair, we also should also agree that inconclusive election which lead to d will of d people is better than concluded election where d will of d people is stolen from them with total impunity.

Any non partisan Nigeria who love truth, will see truth in my article.

Is time we recognise reduction of Evil is good and positive. Because positive dont come only by increasing what is good it also come by reducing what is bad.

With impunity, to conclude election is d easiest thing. We must not forget where we are coming from when assessing where we are today and while assessing where we are going to.

Note: I am not a member of any political party. Aisha, APC or Buhari dont even know I exist. But i know positive good changes when i see one.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by Nobody: 2:36am On Mar 22, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:

Nothing more to add!

17 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by Pidggin(f): 3:14am On Mar 22, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:

grin Hahaha

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by ticker(m): 5:54am On Mar 22, 2016
do u now believe what fayose said that everything about buhari is inconclusive. click like if you believe., click share if you think that fayose is just a noise maker

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by checkolatunji: 6:52am On Mar 22, 2016
During the past administration when election holds, places that election didn't take place due to violence, we get results for those places or Lga, how come? What we hear next is court proceedings. But in this case, you don't hear result for Lga's where election didn't take place, so what we have is re-run and not court proceedings.

For me, that's a plus to Inec for been sincere and not biased as we have before now because of federal might. APC could have done the same thing PDP usually do by announcing results for where election didn't take place cos they have the federal power.

So, inconclusive is not a bad idea, I will just call it " Sincerity from INEC "

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by AtlanticBreeze: 7:28am On Mar 22, 2016
checkolatunji:
[s]During the past administration when election holds, places that election didn't take place due to violence, we get results for those places or Lga, how come? What we hear next is court proceedings. But in this case, you don't hear result for Lga's where election didn't take place, so what we have is re-run and not court proceedings.

For me, that's a plus to Inec for been sincere and not biased as we have before now because of federal might. APC could have done the same thing PDP usually do by announcing results for where election didn't take place cos they have the federal power.

So, inconclusive is not a bad idea, I will just call it " Sincerity from INEC[/s] "
Zombie na zombie.. smh

45 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by Diesel1(m): 7:45am On Mar 22, 2016
Country of Joke

DIESEL
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by adedam007(m): 7:46am On Mar 22, 2016
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by OneManLegion(m): 7:46am On Mar 22, 2016
Wailers will always have reasons to wail.

Zombies will always have reasons to justify.

Y'all shitheads disgust me.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by repogirl(f): 7:47am On Mar 22, 2016
Ofcourse now.... INEC has become useless now that they have chosen to be APCs puppets.

Meanwhile Booohari and his zombie fanatics will keep deceiving themselves.

10 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by Pascal181: 7:47am On Mar 22, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:

Nna eeh
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by worlexy(m): 7:47am On Mar 22, 2016
The more things Change, the more they remain the same. Almost one year in power and everything has been inconclusive and in disarray.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by AbdulAdam56(m): 7:48am On Mar 22, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
wailling wailers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by callJesu: 7:48am On Mar 22, 2016
This PDP seff
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by coolspiffy: 7:49am On Mar 22, 2016
checkolatunji:
During the past administration when election holds, places that election didn't take place due to violence, we get results for those places or Lga, how come? What we hear next is court proceedings. But in this case, you don't hear result for Lga's where election didn't take place, so what we have is re-run and not court proceedings.

So, inconclusive is not a bad idea, I will just call it " Sincerity from INEC "

mgbada

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by Truefederalism(m): 7:50am On Mar 22, 2016
tuale4u:
Any objective and sincere mind will commend Buhari govt for inconclusive elections recorded so far as a major positive change in Nigeria recent electoral history. Anybody who believe in law and order, anybody who hate impunity will agree with me. It is a step in d right direction from extreme impunity to law,rule and order.
We should understand dat d major reason why inconclusive election is common today is because Buhari does not want to associate himself with massive rigging done with extreme impunity. And I know for sure, many APC members especially those who cross carpet from PDP are unhappy with Buhari for this. They see him as being Naive or unwise for not using his power to spread the political office held by APC. There are many like Sylva in Bayelsa, who believe Buhari may live to regret it. Many APC members in Bayelsa and Rivers are unhappy with Buhari 4 being too nice to d opposition. Because in those region all they know b4 now is dat power win election not d people.
INEC can chose to declare every election conclusive by just writing results and announcing it. That will be the end. The aggrieved can only go to court. This was d case in some of d concluded elections under previous govt. Under previous govt, Even when people protest that election was not done in their ward or LGA, result will be announced and d election will be concluded.
Bayelsa election was declared inconclusive because Sylva rigged election in Bayelsa south. There was result for the election. The returning officer of Bayelsa south actually submitted result to the REC in which sylva of APC had enough lead to win d election. But INEC knew d result was rigged. After much consultation with Abuja, the REC councelled the Bayelsa South election even though he had no power to do so. if all that was important to be commended was conclusive election, Sylva would have been governor of Bayelsa today. Sylva is still dissapointed in Buhari till today for not aiding him to rig massively.
In Abia State in Aprill 11 election, the returning officers submitted result highly inflated in 3 LGA in order to cancel all d lead of APGA candidates in more than 7 LGA. The REC announce on live TV that result was cancelled. The governor of Abia State, Olisa Metuh and other PDP big win storm d collation centre with support from Abuja, the REC revised himself and declared d result he already cancelled on live TV.
Leave politics aside, we are only seeing inconclusive election because Buhari has some more degree of integrity compared to previous Nigeris govt. Buhari is not 100% perfect. I strongly believe Buhari can tolerate subtle rigging which can be at d level of some irregularities. But when it is massive and glaring like in d case of PDP in Abia state and APC in Bayelsa state, he wont tolerate it.
In d case of kogi, d election was already clearly decided. It was declared inconclusive to fulfill all righteousness by following the rule to d letter. It could have been declared conclusive by d REC if he wanted to just d way d final result of Bayelsa was declared despite dat d margin of victory recorded by Dickson (PDP) is less than d total cancelled votes.
We should understand that reforms bring changes slowly. We should sometimes see beyond party politics and commend good tins when we see one. People who condemning PMB for inconclusive elections, may end doing themselves dis service because we all know all it takes for election to be conclusive is for the returning officer to announce result whether people voted or not. The practice announcing fake result is what made most elections in d past conclusive.
in as much we all would be happier with a perfect concluded election which is free and fair, we also should also agree that inconclusive election which lead to d will of d people is better than concluded election where d will of d people is stolen from them with total impunity.
Is time we recognise reduction of Evil is good and positive. Because positive dont come only by increasing what is good it also come by reducing what is bad.
With impunity, to conclude election is d easiest thing. We must not forget where we are coming from when assessing where we are today and while assessing where we are going to.
Note: I am not a member of any political party. Aisha, APC or Buhari dont even know I exist. But i know positive good changes when i see one.
cheesy

...and you refuse to understand that whatever is upheld as lawful today will be referred to by generations of tomorrow whenever they want to rig elections. Its actually nice to know that the C-in~c tolerates rigging. "Subtle" as tagged.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by Gkemz: 7:50am On Mar 22, 2016
Delay tactics by APC in connivance with INEC orchestrated by Buhari to deprive Riverians of their franchise and impose incompetent impostors as winners after altering the results. INEC is dancing to the tune of Buhari and APC just as EFCC and DSS. Lai Mohammed will soon release a press propaganda on this. God is watching.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 22, 2016
my question is: why must the election in rivers state be inconclusive..it is obvious who the winner is so why...

buhari should call back that strong coconut headed man ameachi...ameachi is an anathema...

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by skylowlow: 7:50am On Mar 22, 2016
#bring back Jega#

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 22, 2016
PDP shod tank buhari for not involve in all d election so far.
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by Helkayklassic(m): 7:52am On Mar 22, 2016
INEC motto #Inconclusive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by demarc001: 7:53am On Mar 22, 2016
Buhari

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by lielbree: 7:55am On Mar 22, 2016
Those who were behind production of fake election materials should be jailed.
Ameachi is the no1 suspect

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by nnachukz(m): 7:55am On Mar 22, 2016
tuale4u:

na wa o, has it gotten to the point where you begin to deny your party? It is obvious now.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by lielbree: 7:56am On Mar 22, 2016
timokoko:
PDP shod tank buhari for not involve in all d election so far.

Yet he allowed the deployment of the whole armed forces to rivers state to rig the election in favour of apc

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by RedCapChief(m): 7:56am On Mar 22, 2016
Everything has become inconclusive:
JAMB - inconclusive
INEC- inconclusive
Corruption Trial - inconclusive

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by feaworaoja007: 7:58am On Mar 22, 2016
tuale4u:

only a Zombie can write somtin like this...you"re sitting on ur brain...mumu, after all this APShit killings,u av the nerve to write this rubbish?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by genxris: 7:59am On Mar 22, 2016
tuale4u:

Mr I am not a member of any political party A.K.A zombie, please never you consume so much space here again just to spew jargon. I see some APC supporters find it easy to claim neutrality but yet praise the Daura President

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Can’t Force Us To Leave North – Eze-igbo, Kaduna / I Want To Bust A Bubble That Lekki Shooting Is A Hoax. (pics) / Nnamdi Kanu Needs Urgent Surgery For Impaired Ear Drum – Barr. Ejiofor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.