Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections (10719 Views)

Result Sheets From Rivers Rerun, PDP Leads / Niger Delta: FG Sets Up C'ttee To Recover Illegal Arms And Stop Spate Of Bombing / INEC Responds To Augustine Alegeh's Allegation On Inconclusive Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by econity(m): 8:02am On Mar 22, 2016
You should keep on praising GEJ and vilifying PMB about the rerun election rerun in Rivers state but you forgot that it is during GEJ tenure in office that the main election that was nothing to write home about was conducted.
All the things PDP is crying like a baby about now was done then in triple fold.

APC agents in Rivers state were not allow to see result sheet even when it was certainly fake because the result that was written in the unit where I worked was not what was later given to INEC, it was rewriten that night at MAS CENTRAL HOTEL.

You can keep on blaming PMB and praising GEJ but history will judge both of them according to the part or role they played in the Rivers election.

We can't be feigning ignorant of the role PEJ played in the last general election and how APC was manhandled and intimidated in Rivers state.

INEC didn't conduct it better in the last election without the corporations of both parties in the last election and it will continue till both parties shield their sword.

Rerun election has been conducted in other states and we didn't hear of such killing and destruction so why must we attribute the foolishness of a state to the President when it's not a general phenomenon.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 22, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari Deserve Some Credit Despite Inconclusive Election.

U see wetin rice do your brain??

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by flokii: 8:07am On Mar 22, 2016
PDP sef dey berate..

issokay
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by chichriso: 8:11am On Mar 22, 2016
[size=48pt]Shame to BUHARI, INEC, AMAECHI, DAKUKU, IKANYA, ETC[/size]

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by stuhporh: 8:31am On Mar 22, 2016
[quote The Peoples Democratic Party said on Monday that the conduct of the Independent National Electoral Commission and security operatives in Saturday’s National and State Assembly rerun elections in Rivers State fell short of the expected standard, given their level of mobilisation and preparedness.

The party said it was disappointing that INEC, under the leadership of Prof. Mahmood Yakubu has not been able to conduct any conclusive election in few constituencies and states so far since he assumed office.

In a statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, PDP wondered what the case would be when the entire country is involved in the election.

He said, “Also grossly unacceptable is the shoddy work by security operatives leading to escalation of violence, avoidable deaths and eventual cancellation of election results in eight local government areas in the state.”

Metuh said the nation and the international community should hold INEC, security operatives and the All Progressives Congress responsible should there be a breakdown of law and order in the state over the non-release of the final results.

He alleged that the only reason for the seizure of the results was the fact that the PDP candidates were in clear and overwhelming victory in all the election, and action he alleged prompted the APC, in connivance with INEC, to seek to use the delay to manipulate the results.

Metuh said, “Nigerians and the international community can now see the desperation of the APC, which has now arm-twisted INEC in the unholy bid to alter the results of the elections and subvert the will of the people.

“We want the APC and INEC to mark the salient fact that the PDP, the people of Rivers State and indeed all Nigerians are already aware of the results from respective polling centers, wards and local government areas and will in no way whatsoever accept any final result that does not tally with the actual and already established figures from the polling units.

We wish to remind the APC and INEC that Rivers State is a known stronghold of the PDP and the results from the elections cannot show otherwise.

“INEC should therefore understand that Nigerians are aware that in withholding the final results, they are ostensibly preparing grounds for chaos in the state.

“While we invite all to note the avoidable growing tension occasioned by the desperation of the APC to steal the mandate of the people, we caution INEC to extricate itself from the evil web and immediately release all the final results of the ballot as cast by the people and nothing more.
”/[/quote]

@ the bolded got me thinking, the shallowness and lack of depth in their press release is next to crap. and these ones are going to represent constituencies yea?
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by Alezy(m): 8:44am On Mar 22, 2016
I just need to say that irrespective of what the PDP re saying now, I think the INEC re doing the right thing holding back results for those places where electoral violence took place.

I mean how will result come out of an LGA where boxes where stollen and voters didn't cast their votes?? That's the kind of election that normally took place in Nigeria and in the end, they just announce a particular party as winners in a place where people didn't vote.

I will go with INEC on this, anywhere election didn't take place should be cancelled.
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by franugo(m): 9:45am On Mar 22, 2016
repogirl:
Ofcourse now.... INEC has become useless now that they have chosen to be APCs puppets.

Meanwhile Booohari and his zombie fanatics will keep deceiving themselves.

Did dickson of pdp nt win bayelsa election if inec were really under presido's thumbs, wouldn't apc win every election-able position? go n buy sense if u no get anycry
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by repogirl(f): 9:53am On Mar 22, 2016
franugo:

Did dickson of pdp nt win bayelsa election if inec were really under presido's thumbs, wouldn't apc win every election-able position? go n buy sense if u no get anycry
looool.... For you to ask me this very stúpid question, it's obvious you have misplaced your brain somewhere.

You have conveniently forgotten the controversy that went on during the BAYELSA elections and the number of people who died before INEC grudgingly declared Dickson winner.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by yaki84: 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
ticker:
do u now believe what fayose said that everything about buhari is inconclusive. click like if you believe., click share if you think that fayose is just a noise maker

the LIKES have it!
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by chuksmad(m): 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari Deserve Some Credit Despite Inconclusive Election.

Any objective and sincere mind will commend Buhari govt for inconclusive elections recorded so far as a major positive change in Nigeria recent electoral history. Anybody who believe in law and order, anybody who hate impunity will agree with me. It is a step in d right direction from extreme impunity to law,rule and order.

We should understand dat d major reason why inconclusive election is common today is because Buhari does not want to associate himself with massive rigging done with extreme impunity. And I know for sure, many APC members especially those who cross carpet from PDP are unhappy with Buhari for this. They see him as being Naive or unwise for not using his power to spread the political office held by APC. There are many like Sylva in Bayelsa, who believe Buhari may live to regret it. Many APC members in Bayelsa and Rivers are unhappy with Buhari 4 being too nice to d opposition. Because in those region all they know b4 now is dat power win election not d people.

INEC can chose to declare every election conclusive by just writing results and announcing it. That will be the end. The aggrieved can only go to court. This was d case in some of d concluded elections under previous govt. Under previous govt, Even when people protest that election was not done in their ward or LGA, result will be announced and d election will be concluded.

Case study: Bayelsa Gov Election vs Abia Gov Election.

Bayelsa election was declared inconclusive because Sylva rigged election in Bayelsa south. There was result for the election. The returning officer of Bayelsa south actually submitted result to the REC in which sylva of APC had enough lead to win d election. But INEC knew d result was rigged. After much consultation with Abuja, the REC councelled the Bayelsa South election even though he had no power to do so. if all that was important to be commended was conclusive election, Sylva would have been governor of Bayelsa today. Sylva is still dissapointed in Buhari till today for not aiding him to rig massively.

In Abia State in Aprill 11 election, the returning officers submitted result highly inflated in 3 LGA in order to cancel all d lead of APGA candidates in more than 7 LGA. The REC announce on live TV that result was cancelled. The governor of Abia State, Olisa Metuh and other PDP big win storm d collation centre with support from Abuja, the REC revised himself and declared d result he already cancelled on live TV.

Leave politics aside, we are only seeing inconclusive election because Buhari has some more degree of integrity compared to previous Nigeris govt. Buhari is not 100% perfect. I strongly believe Buhari can tolerate subtle rigging which can be at d level of some irregularities. But when it is massive and glaring like in d case of PDP in Abia state and APC in Bayelsa state, he wont tolerate it.

Case study 2: Kogi Election
In d case of kogi, d election was already clearly decided. It was declared inconclusive to fulfill all righteousness by following the rule to d letter. It could have been declared conclusive by d REC if he wanted to just d way d final result of Bayelsa was declared despite dat d margin of victory recorded by Dickson (PDP) is less than d total cancelled votes.

We should understand that reforms bring changes slowly. We should sometimes see beyond party politics and commend good tins when we see one. People who condemning PMB for inconclusive elections, may end doing themselves dis service because we all know all it takes for election to be conclusive is for the returning officer to announce result whether people voted or not. The practice announcing fake result is what made most elections in d past conclusive.

in as much we all would be happier with a perfect concluded election which is free and fair, we also should also agree that inconclusive election which lead to d will of d people is better than concluded election where d will of d people is stolen from them with total impunity.

Any non partisan Nigeria who love truth, will see truth in my article.

Is time we recognise reduction of Evil is good and positive. Because positive dont come only by increasing what is good it also come by reducing what is bad.

With impunity, to conclude election is d easiest thing. We must not forget where we are coming from when assessing where we are today and while assessing where we are going to.

Note: I am not a member of any political party. Aisha, APC or Buhari dont even know I exist. But i know positive good changes when i see one.
I do not agree with you with these your instances of Bayelsa APC and Abia PDP. The truth of the matter is that everybody knows that SE/SS is mainly PDP and North is mainly APC controlled.
So, normally, the expectation is PDP to win these states, APC are just trying to use federal might to clinch these states, which may be difficult for them
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by franugo(m): 12:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
repogirl:
looool.... For you to ask me this very stúpid question, it's obvious you have misplaced your brain somewhere.

You have conveniently forgotten the controversy that went on during the BAYELSA elections and the number of people who died before INEC grudgingly declared Dickson winner.

grudgingly or not, he was declared winner..if sylva had been declared as d winner, all pdp woulda done would be 2 'blast' apc, then go to court n lose too..nevertheless, this argument is too insipid 4 me liking
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by repogirl(f): 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
franugo:

grudgingly or not, he was declared winner..if sylva had been declared as d winner, all pdp woulda done would be 2 'blast' apc, then go to court n lose too..nevertheless, this argument is too insipid 4 me liking
How wont it be insipid when your argument is baseless! You are only alluding to the fact that INEC is compromised which is a shame to a government claiming to be democratic but is interfering with the will of the people.

Dickson had the votes of the people and there was nothing much INEC could do about it than to give it to him.

If sylva had been declared winner, no one needs to tell you the destruction and mayhem that would have followed.

Same thing is happening in Rivers state, the people are the power and INEC are APCs Puppets! End of Discussion.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by franugo(m): 12:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
[quote authorb=repogirl post=44002423]How wont it be insipid when your argument is baseless! You are only alluding to the fact that INEC is compromised which is a shame to a government claiming to be democratic but is interfering with the will of the people.

Dickson had the votes of the people and there was nothing much INEC could do about it than to give it to him.

If sylva had been declared winner, no one needs to tell you the destruction and mayhem that would have followed.

Same thing is happening in Rivers state, the people are the power and INEC are APCs Puppets! End of Discussion.[/quote]

madam i don hearcry u go finish my battery with ur wahala ehcheesy
well na me find trouble ni, make i jejely safe ba3 first, we fit kontinu d debate later

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by repogirl(f): 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
franugo:

madam i don hearcry u go finish my battery with ur wahala ehcheesy
well na me find trouble ni, make i jejely safe ba3 first, we fit kontinu d debate later
you see your life,you no even get electricity to charge your phone. Oya enjoy your change dey go! cheesy
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by franugo(m): 12:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
repogirl:
you see your life,you no even get electricity to charge your phone. Oya enjoy your change dey go! cheesy

u misunderstand me, am non-partisan. i just feel dt with d 16yrs of rule dt pdp has wasted, they have no grounds whatsoever 2 criticise anyone, d criticism should be left 2 d masses..though we the masses are a problem too...d nation just tire me sha, d main reason i try nt 2 comment on political news
Re: Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections by nasoweseeam: 1:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
#Wike and #Amechi be like #ernieandbert in #sesamestreet #childishmindgames nasoweseeam.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sultan Of Sokoto, Sa'ad Abubakar 64th Birthday: Governor Sani Bello Hails Him / Ugwuanyi Replaces Umahi As South-East PDP Leader / We Are Ready To Take Over Power In 2023, Labour Party Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.