Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? (2143 Views)

What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? / The Differences Between Straight 6 And V6 Engines / Notable Differences Between Manual Cars And Automatic Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by YoungHustler: 9:33am On Mar 22, 2016
Car Enthusiasts, pls can a Canadian made car be called a US spec? I need urgent responses cos I'm about sealing a deal. THANKS
Re: Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by YoungHustler: 2:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
YoungHustler:
Car Enthusiasts, pls can a Canadian made car be called a US spec? I need urgent responses cos I'm about sealing a deal. THANKS

Chai Nairaland! 71 views, no comment. Una expert opinions dey me important pls

cc: kingreign
gazzuzz
nurey
siena
chucky
etc
Re: Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by sultaan(m): 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
Almost same because a lot is actually made in Canada and Mexico.

Common difference is daytime running lights might be standard on Canadian market but optional in US

2 Likes

Re: Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by sultaan(m): 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2016

Common difference is daytime running lights might be standard on Canadian market but optional in US
Sometimes some trims have more AWD in Canada than US
Re: Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by YoungHustler: 3:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
sultaan:
Sometimes some trims have more AWD in Canada than US

Thanks a billion @sultaan for d timely response. Pls are the Canadian specs subjected to the same quality & safety standards as the US specs?
Re: Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by sultaan(m): 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
They are same but because of cold weather in Canada they may be required to DRL and the snow mean more of of their cars will have AWD instead of FWD and have engine block heater to keep oil from freezing
Re: Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by PehaKaso: 9:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
sultaan:
They are same but because of cold weather in Canada they may be required to DRL and the snow mean more of of their cars will have AWD instead of FWD and have engine block heater to keep oil from freezing

Thank you 4 the good job @sultaan

more responses pls
Re: Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by PehaKaso: 3:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
PehaKaso:
more responses pls

Other experts in the house, your contributions pls
Re: Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by YoungHustler: 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
PehaKaso:

PehaKaso:

more responses pls

Hello, are you the Moderator-in-charge this thread? Why spam my thread? Dont you have a job to do? smh
Re: Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 24, 2016
YoungHustler:
Hello, are you the Moderator-in-charge this thread? Why spam my thread? Dont you have a job to do? smh

How has he spammed your thread? His comments are relevant, and are keeping your thread going.
Re: Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by YoungHustler: 5:50am On Mar 24, 2016
Siena:

How has he spammed your thread? His comments are relevant, and are keeping your thread going.

Welcome Siena, thanks 4 the admonition. Can you pls bring ur expertise to bear on the thread too, just like @sultaan? Thanks in advance.
Re: Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by YoungHustler: 5:57am On Mar 24, 2016
PehaKaso:

PehaKaso:

more responses pls

My apologies bro, pls spot on. Bring down @gazzuzz, kingreign, nurey, orex, ikenna, luvinhubby, mayor, chucky, et al to this thread. Their expert opinions are needed here. Thanks
Re: Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by PehaKaso: 6:24am On Mar 24, 2016
YoungHustler:

My apologies bro, pls spot on. Bring down @gazzuzz, kingreign, nurey, orex, ikenna, luvinhubby, mayor, chucky, et al to this thread. Their expert opinions are needed here. Thanks

Apologies accepted. I'm just a die hard fan of car talk section & I developed interest in this thread because of the knowledge it could provide.
Now to the thread, experts, what do you guys say?
Re: Differences / Similarities Between Canadian And US Made Cars? by nurey(m): 7:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
Your question is a bit funny, but the only diference i notice in canadian is they have the day running light (DRL) and their tokunbo import should be checked very well because of rust (they use salt to melt ice on their road hence most cars coming from their tend to have rust due to salty water).
But i still like European versions than American/Canadian versions grin grin grin grin
call me for the washing when the bugatti don land

(1) (Reply)

Audi Takes Aim At Mercedes-Maybach With Ultra Luxury A8 / Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 / Hissing Sound When Break Pedal Is Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.