Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence (1523 Views)

Lady Exposes Guy Using Her Photos To Dupe Unsuspecting Victims / Man Fronts Wife As Sister To Dupe A Lady N1.9m / Six Fraudsters Dupe A Woman Of N13m In Imo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by Ramnon2: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
A friend is moving to a new city on work transfer and therefore looking for new accommodation. This is a real online proceedings between my friend, prospective tenant, and the prospective landlord on Craigslist:

(Nigerian-American): I saw your rental advertisement on craigslist and I am interested in a 4 (or 3) bedroom, 2-3 bathroom rental accommodation. I will be needing this accommodation starting from July 2016.

Could you kindly respond with any details you may have so that we can take it from there.

Many thanks,

XXXXXX
==================================

(American): Yes my house is what you are looking for but first I need you to know that I am looking for a tenant to rent my home, I relocated to California after having a surgery to live with my family and help me raise my kids. I listed the house for sale with a Realtor but I realized that the real estate market here is rebounding tremendously and keeping my property rather than selling it would be likely very rewarding to me. so as soon as i get a tenant to rent my house am taking it down form the market.

It will also worked out well for the landlord and Tenant not to go through a Realtor because it saves a property manager fee and time, this will make the rent more cheaper and affordable Plus a management company does not give any personal attention to the home. I am just a number in their management files.

Pet Allow

PLEASE NOTE: You can only driveby the house as I don't have anyone to show the inside of the house, I will send both inside and outside pictures with the address and application to you if you are still interested.

Get back to me if you are interested in renting my home

Thanks
(No name)
=========================================

(Nigerian-American): Hello,
Thanks for your response. Please may I know whom am I dealing with here (as in your name)? As you can see I am a living person, with full contact information below. So it would be nice if you put a name to our conversations moving forward. Thank you.

That said, I would be interested in your rental and would like to schedule a visit to look at the property at some point. I have certain criteria that need to be in a house I would be renting. For now you could send me pictures of the inside and outside of the property

Please get back.

Cheers,

XXXXXX
=====================================
Updates to follow
Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by Ramnon2: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
You can only driveby the house as I don't have anyone to show the inside of the house

This was the red flag that put my friend's ears on end. He is smelling a dupe here. Now he is at alert for the person's next move. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by Omololu007(m): 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
Ramnon2:

PLEASE NOTE: You can only driveby the house as I don't have anyone to show the inside of the house
lomfa grin
Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by success1smyn(m): 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2016
funny guy
Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by Chukky86: 3:17am On Mar 23, 2016
That Guy is not an America. It a nigeria scammer. Once did that. It called apartment scam. The rent fee is going too good to be true. He's gonna tell you that He will send you the key.

1 Like

Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by tafabaloo(m): 6:23am On Mar 23, 2016
Mugu everywhere
Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by Ramnon2: 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
Update

This below is from his response to my friend's last communication. It gets even more interesting. My friend checked out the address he provided from google and it corresponds to the nice house in the picture. Such a house at $435 per month and utilities included, you will immediately smell a rat. grin grin grin

Surprised he has not yet asked for my friend's SS number and things like that. Perhaps those would come next grin grin grin grin

==============================================
Thanks for your interest in renting my home below is the address, application form and pictures of the house, the utilities are already included in the month rent, Kindly fill the application form so that I can prepare the lease and send it to you asap. I am not renting my house because of the money but because I want to have it off the market for the future of my kids but the house is available for minimum of 1 years, so you are free to rent my house as long as you want, you can move in with your pets.

I will make sure the house is off the market immediately you move in and have the for-sale sign removed and cancelled, you don't have to contact the Realtor since I am not involving the Realtor concerning the renting of my house to avoid the property manager fee I will make sure I handle everything myself.

utilities included in rent

Address: xxxx xxxxxxx, xxxxx, xxxxxx

Bedroom: 3

Bathroom: 2

Monthly rent: $435

Security Deposit: $435

Pet Allow

APPLICATION FORM:

Are you married_______________________ _____

How many people will be living in the house_________________________ ___

Do you have a pet___________________________ _

Do you have a car___________________________ _

Your Exact move in date__________________________ __

Date that you will make the deposit payment_______________________ _

When do you want to receive the keys of the house________________________

Rental Application

Applicant Information

Name:

Date of birth:

Cell:

Phone:

Current address:

City:

State:

ZIP Code:

Own( ) Rent (x)

Monthly payment or rent:

How long?

Previous address:

City:

State:

ZIP Code:

Owned Rented (Please circle)

Monthly payment or rent:

How long?

Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by Ramnon2: 1:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
Chukky86:
That Guy is not an America. It a nigeria scammer. Once did that. It called apartment scam. The rent fee is going too good to be true. He's gonna tell you that He will send you the key.

My friend and me doubt he is Nigerian. Myself, I went through a similar scenario 5 years ago. I asked the person to call (just like my friend is doing now) and it turned out to be a Latino sounding person. We will see who this one turns out to be. They will call, eventually.
Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by Daniel2032(m): 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
The guy seem to be true, thank God u are wise enough to catch him, reading hes message u posted here i also doubt he is a nigerian cos his english doen't sound like nigeria guy.. I thought it only nigeria and ghana that scam? Na wah,,, well you could save others and even report to the location police, information hood can help you do that. They are not taking it likely with scammers any more. You can send the scammer full details and some of his message for them to confirm it true so they will publish it in their database and inform the location police abt it, or that guy will keep scamming people

Their email, Support @ information hood. com

I am not even thinking of renting house in abroad next 10yrs sef.
Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by kindy51(m): 6:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
blame it on that daura man cheesy
Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
100% scam alert!! angry
Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by Ramnon2: 10:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
Chukky86:

Turns out you were right, 100%. My friend called him with the number he gave in my presence, with the phone on speaker. Dude who responded and claimed ownership of the house has thick Nigerian accent. Lol
Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by Ramnon2: 10:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dude gave his name to my friend as Frangy Goimbert and the number  (424) 265-0876. Such a name with a Naija accent? cheesy wink cheesy
Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by Ramnon2: 10:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
Will get the latest communication between my friend and him and post here later
Re: When An American Wanna Dupe A Nigerian-American: Email Correspondence by Chukky86: 11:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ramnon2:

Turns out you were right, 100%. My friend called him with the number he gave in my presence, with the phone on speaker. Dude who responded and claimed ownership of the house has thick Nigerian accent. Lol

The Scam is an old scam. sometimes it looks Real. I have done that before when i was in the game. The Guy you called is not even there..He;s in Nigeria. and secondly. that is a GoogleVoice number or a textnow. when you google the number.. it will return as a landline number. So bro, when you need an apartment. if it's sound too Good be true you better run.

Sometimes they make the landlord aware that someone is coming check the apartment but will tell you not to discuss anything with the landlord. Believe me You will fall for it... This Works Mostly in Canada and France... People who are looking for Vacation Homes and international student fall for this scam.

Well... am not into the game anymore. lol... before person go scam me.. he or she will try.

(1) (Reply)

I Always Wondered Who Got Mad Women Pregnant In Nigeria? Immaculate Conception? / Scam Alert... Ponzi Schemes In Nigeria Share Your Experience / Jealous Husband Set Wife Alight Over Facebook Selfie (viewers discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.