Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

How To Go About Starting A Building Materials Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Go About Starting A Building Materials Business? (9033 Views)

6 Tips For Starting A Successful Small Business / Thinking About Starting A Pure Water Business / 10 Things No One Will Tell You About Starting A Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Go About Starting A Building Materials Business? by IAIT: 6:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
I want to learn more about this business(Building Materials) in hopes that some day I will start one. Please see below questions I have, any information on one or more of the below questions will help and i am sure it will benefit the larger Nairaland community.

1. How much do you think will be need to start a small building material business in Nigeria? Please be sure to state how much and the reasoning behind it.
2. What locations(state, locale) in Nigeria does it make the most sense to establish it?
3. What unique challenges are there in this line of business?

Please be sure to provide any other valuable information that you think will be helpful.

I look forward to a lot of positive responses!
Re: How To Go About Starting A Building Materials Business? by EndiaSami: 12:33am On Mar 23, 2016
What line of building material business do you Intend venturing into.
Re: How To Go About Starting A Building Materials Business? by IAIT: 4:56am On Mar 23, 2016
At this point I am still unsure as I have learnt there are many facets to this line of business. Which of them would you advise and why?
Re: How To Go About Starting A Building Materials Business? by lucien4scaffold(m): 7:12am On Mar 23, 2016
IAIT:
I want to learn more about this business(Building Materials) in hopes that some day I will start one. Please see below questions I have, any information on one or more of the below questions will help and i am sure it will benefit the larger Nairaland community.

1. How much do you think will be need to start a small building material business in Nigeria? Please be sure to state how much and the reasoning behind it.
2. What locations(state, locale) in Nigeria does it make the most sense to establish it?
3. What unique challenges are there in this line of business?

Please be sure to provide any other valuable information that you think will be helpful.

I look forward to a lot of positive responses!

Hi Bro, this is Lucien and i am building materials supplier from China, and we export our building materials a lot to Nigeria, here are some information i gathered during years of exporting to Nigeria.

1. my small volume exported customers usually import 1 container in one or two months, and total value of each time is about 30,000 dollars. and now I am preparing 4 containers shuttering clamps for my Nigerian customers, and total value is over 100,000 dollars, and you will find attached products pictures as following
2. Mostly at Lagos, and Abuja.
3. Our main materials for building materials is steel, and steel price is fluctuated nearly every day. And you also need to find quality building materials as building is related to safety of both workers and projects. and another challenge is that you need to be well-funded, as building materials needs in large quantity, MOQ is a container for one purchasing. and also you need to have forklift and other heavy vehicles to handle them as building materials are mostly heavy and large.

Re: How To Go About Starting A Building Materials Business? by IAIT: 3:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
Awesome! as an exporter I am sure you have a wide variety of products you ship to Nigeria and thanks for sharing some of them with us. Would you be able to share with us the catalogue of all the items you have? or would that be something you prefer to do offline.
Re: How To Go About Starting A Building Materials Business? by Homeyfav: 4:54am On Oct 31, 2017
Get started today in building materials business.
See profitability below in the Business proposal.
https://www.businessplannigeria.com.ng/building-materials-business-plan-nigeria-feasibility-study/
Re: How To Go About Starting A Building Materials Business? by betaessays: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
Our Sample building materials business Plan in Nigeria and feasibility study is up to date and can be used to access loans, grants and proposal writing in Nigeria and abroad. Furthermore,this business plan below shows you the potential profit margin in the building materials business in Nigeria

https://www.businessplan.com.ng/building-materials-business-plan-in-nigeria/
Re: How To Go About Starting A Building Materials Business? by gistcity(m): 10:27am On Aug 14, 2019
Re: How To Go About Starting A Building Materials Business? by NaijaPress: 4:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
You can start your building business...

(1) (Reply)

CBN Eyes $10b Revenue From Palm Oil / How Do I Convert Airtime To Cash?? / GTBank Made N165bn Profit In 2016 – Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.