Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member (18570 Views)

My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer / My Experience Today At A GNLD Coy / Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
pendusky:

More grace brother!
you can email me let's talk.
alright sir. I just sent you a PM right now.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 5:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
Adesolomon2014:
Pls bro, I am currently undergoing the NYSC which will come to an end in april 14. My place of primary assignment is in Ibeno(b4 u get to QIT). Pls let me know the companies you submitted your CV to so i can do same. Am willing to stay in AKS after serviceservice....Help!!! a brother sir
alright bro.
I use to hear of that Ibeno, but I have not actually been there.
In answer to your question, I submitted at
frontier oil and gas situated at
Eket Office - No 7 Imeh Johnson Street, Opposite,Exxonmobil Airstrip, Eket, Akwa -Ibom State,
and also at
Rokeb Global services
74, Afaha Uqua road, Eket
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by oc2fish: 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=Ezegozie post=44018703]Before I start my main story, I will like to do the first thing first, which is to recognise, respect and thank this wonderful and nice Gentleman, (walex360) who I met on Nairaland few months ago, who was of great help to me today.
Inshort, without him today, my trip to Eket would have been futile and I would have ended up being frustrated.

Now back to the main gist,
sequel to series of advice being given on this particular section of Nairaland about Job hunt and prior preparation, I decided to take the bull by the horns today by going to the most industralized part of my state of deployment, Eket.
But before my journey , I browsed for the contacts and address of the companies I intended to visit, so that everything would be easy for me.

On getting to Eket, the tune of the music changed and I started seeing what I didn't expect.
I noticed that majority of the oil servicing companies at Eket don't put any conspicuous sign post at the entrance of their office and it made it extremely difficult if not impossible to locate them.

Then, an Idea came to my mind, and I remembered this honest Gentleman I met on Nairaland who works at Eket, and fortunately for me, he was "OFF" in his work place, and he immediately gave me the address to his place and I wasted no more time branching to his area.
I must confess, he really made my trip to Eket meaningful by leaving what he was doing to follow me to so many companies which I never knew were companies because there was no sign post at their entrance.

Today, I really experienced what Job hunt is like and at a particular place, I was indirectly insulted but I took it as one of these bad sides of job hunt.
I entered the company and after explaining to the man my reason of coming, hoping that he would be of help, he started discouraging me.
He started by asking me the state I come from, which I enthusiastically told him hoping that he would perform some wonders.
He told me that he must be sincere with me, that there is no Job in Nigeria and that I should go back to my state and start farming in order to be entitled to the monthly #5000 Buhari promised.

To be sincere, I was surprised with what the man said, but I just managed to thank him and leave the environment.

Anyway to cut the story short, I managed to submit my CV in two places, and I am really hoping to hear from them before or after passing out next month.

@OPS After my M.Sc with the sum of 3k i took to farming, after a year and six months i employed 5 school leavers until i finally change job. taking to farming is not a bad idea.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by samuel3818: 12:45am On Mar 24, 2016
Thanks to all who took time to attend to me. Just like the OP, anyone who wpuld like me to forward my CV to him/her should please let me know. You just might be impressed and decide to help.
God bless us all!
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by ehix89(m): 1:56am On Mar 24, 2016
sbabs1:
@Ezegozie good one. I personally admire your sincerity and the diction in your tone in this piece isn't traditional nor typical of a regular job seeker. Sincerely you impress me. Please send your CV to TheHRLeverageAfrica@gmail.com I think am interested in your case.
Good day sir, can I forward mine as well?
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by megareal: 8:17am On Mar 24, 2016
Ezegozie:

pls sir, I am interested in the graduate trainee program, can you tell me of one?
I studied GEOLOGY
I be Ma. Just check diff. online job sites. You'll see coy advertising for that with specific requirements. Apply for as many as possible. They are always looking for fresh graduates.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 8:55am On Mar 24, 2016
megareal:

I be Ma. Just check diff. online job sites. You'll see coy advertising for that with specific requirements. Apply for as many as possible. They are always looking for fresh graduates.
alright Ma.
Thanks so much.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Adesolomon2014(m): 10:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ezegozie:

alright bro.
I use to hear of that Ibeno, but I have not actually been there.
In answer to your question, I submitted at
frontier oil and gas situated at
Eket Office - No 7 Imeh Johnson Street, Opposite,Exxonmobil Airstrip, Eket, Akwa -Ibom State,
and also at
Rokeb Global services
74, Afaha Uqua road, Eket
tanx bro, may God help us all.Amen!
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Basalt(m): 10:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
Adesolomon2014:
tanx bro, may God help us all.Amen!

amen.
Na now I remember that Ibeno.
Me and my friends once went to Eket beach, and I think that beach is @ Ibeno

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Adesolomon2014(m): 7:58am On Mar 25, 2016
Basalt:

amen.
Na now I remember that Ibeno.
Me and my friends once went to Eket beach, and I think that beach is @ Ibeno
Confam bro
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by TeddyPendergrass(m): 8:44am On Mar 25, 2016
Ezegozie:
Before I start my main story, I will like to do the first thing first, which is to recognise, respect and thank this wonderful and nice Gentleman, (walex360) who I met on Nairaland few months ago, who was of great help to me today.
Inshort, without him today, my trip to Eket would have been futile and I would have ended up being frustrated.

Now back to the main gist,
sequel to series of advice being given on this particular section of Nairaland about Job hunt and prior preparation, I decided to take the bull by the horns today by going to the most industralized part of my state of deployment, Eket.
But before my journey , I browsed for the contacts and address of the companies I intended to visit, so that everything would be easy for me.

On getting to Eket, the tune of the music changed and I started seeing what I didn't expect.
I noticed that majority of the oil servicing companies at Eket don't put any conspicuous sign post at the entrance of their office and it made it extremely difficult if not impossible to locate them.

Then, an Idea came to my mind, and I remembered this honest Gentleman I met on Nairaland who works at Eket, and fortunately for me, he was "OFF" in his work place, and he immediately gave me the address to his place and I wasted no more time branching to his area.
I must confess, he really made my trip to Eket meaningful by leaving what he was doing to follow me to so many companies which I never knew were companies because there was no sign post at their entrance.

Today, I really experienced what Job hunt is like and at a particular place, I was indirectly insulted but I took it as one of these bad sides of job hunt.
I entered the company and after explaining to the man my reason of coming, hoping that he would be of help, he started discouraging me.
He started by asking me the state I come from, which I enthusiastically told him hoping that he would perform some wonders.
He told me that he must be sincere with me, that there is no Job in Nigeria and that I should go back to my state and start farming in order to be entitled to the monthly #5000 Buhari promised.

To be sincere, I was surprised with what the man said, but I just managed to thank him and leave the environment.

Anyway to cut the story short, I managed to submit my CV in two places, and I am really hoping to hear from them before or after passing out next month.

Lmao Hahahahahahahaha

your man submitted two CVs and he is hoping to get a call back. That's cute.

there is a possibility that the paper you printed your CV on you will still print your CV on that paper again because your CV is going straight to the bin and then to the recycling plant where it will be processed back into paper again.

man you are going to have to do this a couple more times for it to work.

my advice is try to connect with heads of departments you are interested in and HR managers through LinkedIn and reach out to them about vacancies you read about or just about connecting with them in hopes of an opportunity.

I am a corper like you and I work in a recruitment firm. passing out in April.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ibukun003(m): 9:39am On Mar 25, 2016
TeddyPendergrass:

Lmao Hahahahahahahaha

your man submitted two CVs and he is hoping to get a call back. That's cute.

there is a possibility that the paper you printed your CV on you will still print your CV on that paper again because your CV is going straight to the bin and then to the recycling plant where it will be processed back into paper again.

man you are going to have to do this a couple more times for it to work.

my advice is try to connect with heads of departments you are interested in and HR managers through LinkedIn and reach out to them about vacancies you read about or just about connecting with them in hopes of an opportunity.

I am a corper like you and I work in a recruitment firm. passing out in April.
In a recruiting firm?
That's interesting...
In Lagos?
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by TeddyPendergrass(m): 11:15am On Mar 25, 2016
Ibukun003:
In a recruiting firm? That's interesting... In Lagos?
Lool can't answer that question for privacy and security reasons
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by butanep(m): 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
Don't waste your time to keep dropping CVS and waiting for jobs. Those jobs can't earn you more than 50k per month.

Think of what you can do or service you can render to be paid in return. Start developing such skills.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This USA Conference Invitation Genuine? / 2 Job Openings At The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Nigeria / Mckinsey Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.