Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike (1312 Views)

Why Buhari Was ‘Banned’ From Entering U.S. For 15 Years — Atiku / Rivers Re-run: Wike Would Have Gone Had PDP Lost — Okorocha / Rivers Re-run Elections: Live Monitoring And Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
Rivers Re-run: Amaechi came noisily left quietly — Wike

BY JIMITOTA ONOYUME

PORT HARCOURT : GOVERNOR Nyesom Wike on Tuesday lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for distancing himself from the re-run elections in the state, saying he did not interfere with the exercise.

The governor who accused the Minister of Transportation, Mr Chibuike Amaechi of allegedly plotting to rig the elections, said the former governor came into the state noisily and left quietly after results showed he could not deliver his candidates.

Wike spoke in Government House, Port Harcourt while addressing his party faithfuls.

The governor said the will of the people was stronger than any military and police might, adding that some Abuja politicians only came to intimidate the state with the name of Mr President who maintained neutrality all through the rerun elections.
“Amaechi plot to rig the rerun elections was for him to rubbish the Supreme Court Judgement. He came back to the state noisily, but left quietly and shamefully.

“No Army is stronger than the people. No police is stronger than our people. How many times will they cancel elections for the APC. Amaechi is not on ground in Rivers State “.

“Those who were overzealous during the rerun elections did so without the knowledge of the president. “

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/rivers-re-run-amaechi-came-noisily-left-quietly-wike/
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by Opinedecandid(m): 11:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
The sterling twosome qualities of sincerity and frankness is rare to come by in possession of a single individual.

And maybe, in a few times he may have displayed attitudes inversely proportional to the credence capable of being layed by those earlier mentioned qualities.

Blame that on the fact that he is human who is not infallible, yet vulnerable to human related, associated and common errors.

All in all, Governor Wike is right in this.

But come to think of it, can President Muhamadu Buhari be completely and totally absolved of all blames in this event where his subordinate, party man and loyal faithful is alleged to be the one who called the tune for the violence and malpractices that characterised the rerun polls in Rivers State, can he?
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
Mynd44 you cannot close this thread on d basis that d post already existed.

The earlier post focus d headline on amechi coming noisily and leaving quietly. The earlier post did not focus on d most important aspect of wike speech which is President Buhari Neutrality.

The only reason Amaechi left quietly was because Buhari refuse to use impunity in d election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
Buhari Deserve Some Credit Despite Inconclusive Election.

Any objective and sincere mind will commend Buhari govt for inconclusive elections recorded so far as a major positive change in Nigeria recent electoral history. Anybody who believe in law and order, anybody who hate impunity will agree with me. It is a step in d right direction from extreme impunity to law,rule and order.

We should understand dat d major reason why inconclusive election is common today is because Buhari does not want to associate himself with massive rigging done with extreme impunity. And I know for sure, many APC members especially those who cross carpet from PDP are unhappy with Buhari for this. They see him as being Naive or unwise for not using his power to spread the political office held by APC. There are many like Sylva in Bayelsa, who believe Buhari may live to regret it. Many APC members in Bayelsa and Rivers are unhappy with Buhari 4 being too nice to d opposition. Because in those region all they know b4 now is dat power win election not d people.

INEC can chose to declare every election conclusive by just writing results and announcing it. That will be the end. The aggrieved can only go to court. This was d case in some of d concluded elections under previous govt. Under previous govt, Even when people protest that election was not done in their ward or LGA, result will be announced and d election will be concluded.

Case study: Bayelsa Gov Election vs Abia Gov Election.

Bayelsa election was declared inconclusive because Sylva rigged election in Bayelsa south. There was result for the election. The returning officer of Bayelsa south actually submitted result to the REC in which sylva of APC had enough lead to win d election. But INEC knew d result was rigged. After much consultation with Abuja, the REC councelled the Bayelsa South election even though he had no power to do so. if all that was important to be commended was conclusive election, Sylva would have been governor of Bayelsa today. Sylva is still dissapointed in Buhari till today for not aiding him to rig massively.

In Abia State in Aprill 11 election, the returning officers submitted result highly inflated in 3 LGA in order to cancel all d lead of APGA candidates in more than 7 LGA. The REC announce on live TV that result was cancelled. The governor of Abia State, Olisa Metuh and other PDP big win storm d collation centre with support from Abuja, the REC revised himself and declared d result he already cancelled on live TV.

Leave politics aside, we are only seeing inconclusive election because Buhari has some more degree of integrity compared to previous Nigeris govt. Buhari is not 100% perfect. I strongly believe Buhari can tolerate subtle rigging which can be at d level of some irregularities. But when it is massive and glaring like in d case of PDP in Abia state and APC in Bayelsa state, he wont tolerate it.

Case study 2: Kogi Election
In d case of kogi, d election was already clearly decided. It was declared inconclusive to fulfill all righteousness by following the rule to d letter. It could have been declared conclusive by d REC if he wanted to just d way d final result of Bayelsa was declared despite dat d margin of victory recorded by Dickson (PDP) is less than d total cancelled votes.

We should understand that reforms bring changes slowly. We should sometimes see beyond party politics and commend good tins when we see one. People who condemning PMB for inconclusive elections, may end doing themselves dis service because we all know all it takes for election to be conclusive is for the returning officer to announce result whether people voted or not. The practice announcing fake result is what made most elections in d past conclusive.

in as much we all would be happier with a perfect concluded election which is free and fair, we also should also agree that inconclusive election which lead to d will of d people is better than concluded election where d will of d people is stolen from them with total impunity.

Any non partisan Nigeria who love truth, will see truth in my article.

Is time we recognise reduction of Evil is good and positive. Because positive dont come only by increasing what is good it also come by reducing what is bad.

With impunity, to conclude election is d easiest thing. We must not forget where we are coming from when assessing where we are today and while assessing where we are going to.

Note: I am not a member of any political party. Aisha, APC or Buhari dont even know I exist. But i know positive good changes when i see one.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by chriskosherbal(m): 11:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
That is how it is supposed to be like ( neutral)
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by feldido(m): 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
True... Amaechi has gone too far to rubbish Rivers People.

Let demand declare the results so we can be in peace abeg.
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by vicstar(m): 11:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
wike using his common sense undecided

#the_sadist angry
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 23, 2016
Yeah he was physically absent but his Body Language was actively in service lipsrsealed shocked undecided
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 23, 2016
Wike is actually 'pe were ni oko iyawo, ko le baa je ka rona lo'
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by mideactive: 1:01am On Mar 23, 2016
I think Fayose can see hw much he has fooled himself,pmb is nt dat kind of man.ppl ar just to hard on him,I think he means well n deserve ou support.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by kosewu: 6:00am On Mar 23, 2016
Wike is telling everyone that he's different from that useless bigot in Ekiti. thou, both are thugs but one is sensible and the other is senseless.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by opalu: 6:02am On Mar 23, 2016
People can be so engrossed on the happenings on this earth that they forget that there is eternity. Truth is that whatever happens on earth is a shadow of the spiritual. In the physical world, politics is all about how people ascend to and descend from power. In the spiritual, it means how Christ or Satan ascend or descend from being in control of a life, family or territory.
You have a vote. If you vote for Christ you get peace and righteousness, but if you vote for Satan, you get oppression and wickedness.
Those who vote for Christ get elected with Christ to reign for eternity. Hence the bible call them the ELECT.
The physical is a shadow of the spiritual. Choose today if you want to be engrossed in the shadow or operate from the real realm of the spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by Frankiss44(m): 6:43am On Mar 23, 2016
This is just Wike being modest.. We all know the Presidency wasn't neutral in this election. He is the commander of the armed forces of Nigeria. And the scenario that played itself in Rivers State was very shameful. Movements were restricted in Rivers state during the elections yet a small boy, DG of Nimasa was moving around with about 100 soldiers, another small girl, "acting" director of NDDC was on tour throughout the state with her own 100 soldiers, then a big lizard, Ameachi was intimidating voters with about 400 soldiers while the state governor, the chief security officer of the state was left at the mercy of just 8 police officers. How can the head claim neutral when the body has been compromised?

If not for the resilience of the Rivers People, APC would have just typed results for us, because even INEC is another toothless bulldog that has been compromised by this administration.
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by Standing5(m): 6:52am On Mar 23, 2016
All we need is his neutrality in matters like these. He didn't impose anyone and then ask that person to deliver South-South votes to him in 2019 like some IB did in 2015. His netrality will be needed when it is time for a secon re-run
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by mrphysics(m): 6:54am On Mar 23, 2016
Wike, who gave Amechi N5bn for the rerun election? You are confused.
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by SleekMallam: 6:58am On Mar 23, 2016
Wike did a carrot and stick approach on Buhari. He strategically used a single stone to vanquish Udele Ameachi and Buhari. udele ameachi is not happy with Buhari and would be vocal in due time.
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 23, 2016
Frankiss44:
This is just Wike being modest.. We all know the Presidency wasn't neutral in this election. He is the commander of the armed forces of Nigeria. And the scenario that played itself in Rivers State was very shameful. Movements were restricted in Rivers state during the elections yet a small boy, DG of Nimasa was moving around with about 100 soldiers, another small girl, "acting" director of NDDC was on tour throughout the state with her own 100 soldiers, then a big lizard, Ameachi was intimidating voters with about 400 soldiers while the state governor, the chief security officer of the state was left at the mercy of just 8 police officers. How can the head claim neutral when the body has been compromised?

If not for the resilience of the Rivers People, APC would have just typed results for us, because even INEC is another toothless bulldog that has been compromised by this administration.

Wike was being truthful and sincere. Wike has seen federal might used in the past. Wike himself have used federal might. wike knows what federal might can do if fully deployed with total impunity.

let me give a clear example. in 2007 in edo state, Oshiomole massively won the election in all the Local govt Area in Edo state. The collation officers in all the local government have already given the copy of the result to party agent in each local government. Edo people knew the result. There were more than 5000 youth doing vigil in Ikpoba hill in INEC office to ensure the results is not reversed. Despite dat OBJ called the INEC REC to announce the result in a reverse way and declare PDP winner. INEC declare PDP winner. There was massive riot in edo state for almost a week. But it didnt change anything. The PDP candidate became Governor for ONE and a Half year. Oshimole only wn in court because Yar adua wanted him to win because yar adua wanted fairness and refuse to use federal might.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by NobleAngell(f): 7:32am On Mar 23, 2016
How do u knw? Are you in his mind? Where do you think Amaechi's confidence came from?
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by Mckennedy: 7:42am On Mar 23, 2016
tuale4u:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/rivers-re-run-amaechi-came-noisily-left-quietly-wike/

Your provided link read a different thing...stop peddling lies.
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by malton: 8:02am On Mar 23, 2016
I imagine the conversation between Mr president and Amaechi pre-election to have gone thus:

Amaechi: Mr president, it's election time, the moment we've all been waiting for to stamp our party's foot in rivers and shut those touts for good, pay them back in their own coin!

Buhari: oh wow, I see. Is there any way I can help achieve that?

Amaechi: Yes, there is, sir. Actually, I'll be needing some form of cash and army presence. Those will do just fine.

Buhari: You've given so much to ensure that we get to this place, I couldn't refuse you anything. I owe you that and even more. You can have whatever you like, but in all of it, remember it's not a do or die affair-- your boys can always get appointed in some other capacity as compensation.

Amaechi: Thank you so much, sir, that will be more than enough. I'll see you when I return?

Buhari: Yeah, sure, my door is always open. I wish you luck!

Amaechi: Thanks, sir. Bye.

Buhari: Bye.

Remember Ekiti gate? That's what Federal might seems like. What played out in Rivers was just the 'overzealousness' of some scumbags acting on pre election hate speeches and in the heat of the moment.

Lord rest the departed!
Re: Buhari Was Neutral In Rivers Re-run- Wike by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 23, 2016
Mckennedy:

Your provided link read a different thing...stop peddling lies.

what are you saying, read the news in the link you stated. Stop reading only headlines.
Anything can be headlines. Please learn to read.

(1) (Reply)

Senate Moves To Save ‘embattled’ Saraki Against CCB / Do Igbo Really Hate Themselves As Others Opined ? / What Is Recession And How To Curb It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.