Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,657 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Lol! 6 Common Words Most Of Us Pronounce Wrongly - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lol! 6 Common Words Most Of Us Pronounce Wrongly (1274 Views)

10 Common Words Nigerians Use Everyday That Don't Exist / 8 Words We Pronounce Wrongly Everyday – Everyone Is Guilty Of No 5 / 10 Common Words Nigerians Use Everyday Which Don't Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lol! 6 Common Words Most Of Us Pronounce Wrongly by emperor1love: 3:56am On Mar 23, 2016
If there is one thing Nigerians can do very well, that would be twisting foreign words to fit their own pattern. below are those words.

1. WhatsApp:
Some people have renamed this app to wazzap or even wuzzup and they say it with so much authority as though they are saying the right thing. You wonder whether they have a conscience or not. Send it to me via wazzap you hear them say..LOL
2. Google:
There is also google which is unapologetially pronounced as gorgle. They say it with all courage and pride like they made the word.
READ MORE http://www.bookspen.com/2016/03/23/lol-6-words-us-pronounce-wrong/

1 Like

Re: Lol! 6 Common Words Most Of Us Pronounce Wrongly by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 23, 2016
Seen
Re: Lol! 6 Common Words Most Of Us Pronounce Wrongly by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 23, 2016
Complete it na
Re: Lol! 6 Common Words Most Of Us Pronounce Wrongly by Akosxxx(m): 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
Especially that ' Google'..
Sometimes, it depends on audience, when one is in midst of highly educated folks we tend to pronounce it right but when in lets say informal gathering, we just gorgle & gorgle
Re: Lol! 6 Common Words Most Of Us Pronounce Wrongly by Efostick(m): 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
Akosxxx:
Sometimes, it depends on audience, when one is in midst of highly educated folks we tend to pronounce it right but when in lets say informal gathering, we just gorgle & gorgle

Ikr, i do that most times too. lipsrsealed
Re: Lol! 6 Common Words Most Of Us Pronounce Wrongly by xreal: 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
Akosxxx:

you are very correct.
I pronounce word correctly when I am communicating formally with the educated ones.
Else, I don't; even if my audience are highly educated and we are communicating on an informal ground, I even pronounce english words with a streak of my native accent in it (intentionally).

(1) (Reply)

How To Tell If A Number Is Divisible By Another Number / Latest Current Affairs Info For Your Upcoming Job Test. / 2017:Waec Registration In Progress-Distinctions Guaranteed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.