Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) (40107 Views)

Female Corper Steps Out With A Porsche For Clearance In Abuja (Photos) / Youth Corper Shot Dead In Calabar / The Unique Cake Calabar Corper For Her Passing Out Parade - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by dre11(m): 8:15am On Mar 23, 2016
Mudiaga Affe, Calabar

A lawyer undergoing the one-year National Youth Service Corps scheme in Calabar, Godbless Nnaji, has allegedly stabbed his boss, Donald Archibong, for refusing to sign his monthly clearance form.

Nnaji had reportedly tried to persuade his boss in his private chambers in the Calabar-South axis of the Cross River State capital to sign his letter, but resorted to violence after his persuasion failed.

Archibong alleged that Nnaji broke the centre table in his office and used one of the pieces of glass to stab him on his right arm.

A doctor’s report issued by the Police Hospital in Calabar, dated March 9, 2016 indicated that the cut on his right forearm was as a result of a physical assault.

Southern City News learnt on Tuesday that a petition dated March 9, 2016, had already been written to the Director-General of NYSC through the state coordinator calling for necessary actions against Nnaji.

Narrating his ordeal, Archibong said he absorbed Nnaji to work in his chambers in December 2015 and within the short period observed that the young barrister, who was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2015, had poor attitude towards work.

He narrates, “I decided to write to the Cross River State NYSC secretariat via their zonal coordinator seeking for his recall.

“I decided to give a week of grace whether there would be show of repentance and when none was forthcoming, I sent out the letter on March 9.

“An hour later, Barrister Nnaji barged into my office, demanding for his clearance for the month of March. I informed him that that would be quite impossible as I would not want to contradict myself, having asked for his recall on one hand.

“He demanded that I withdraw the recall letter I sent to NYSC. At that point I asked him to leave my office. This infuriated him and he started using uncouth and extremely abusive words on my person.

“He became extremely violent, threatening my life, saying ‘you cannot destroy my future; I will kill you before you destroy my future’.”

Apart from stabbing him in the process, Archibong alleged that Nnaji took N68, 000 in an envelope in his office that was meant for an arrangement for his late mother’s burial and a GSM phone, which he later dropped.

When contacted, an official in the office of the Head of Rewards and Discipline, NYSC Secretariat, Calabar, who preferred anonymity, confirmed that the unit was in receipt of the petition written by Archibong and was currently investigating the matter.

Nnaji also confirmed in a telephone conversation that the matter was being investigated and would not want to comment on it.

“Do not publish any story because the matter is under investigation. If you want to write on it, wait for the outcome of the investigation. It is not my duty to respond to the allegation,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/corps-member-allegedly-stabs-boss-over-clearance/

Pic: Pieces of a broken glass inside Archibong’s office

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by Chynx(m): 8:21am On Mar 23, 2016
Ghen ghen!
Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by tayebest(m): 8:23am On Mar 23, 2016
some silly boss can be so fraustrating at times! undecided

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by mankan2k7(m): 8:25am On Mar 23, 2016
Even corpers are not smilling, I served in Enugu in 2010, till now my boss is owing me two month salaries, he promised to pay into my account unless he pays tommorrow.

some boss deserve maximum shi shi

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by NiRfreak(m): 8:27am On Mar 23, 2016
Law makers and enforcers are known to be the ist to break the law. Meanwhile corpers don't take allawee lightly....The fear of hunger is the beginning of violence.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by Tee99(m): 8:30am On Mar 23, 2016
picture of the Corper stabbing the boss

7 Likes

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by NiRfreak(m): 8:33am On Mar 23, 2016
"Before you destroy my future i will kill you" means : Before you kill me with hunger next month i will first kill you.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by LessNoise: 8:50am On Mar 23, 2016
Why would you deny the corper his right I don't know why some Nigerians are heartless... To sign common course form you fit wake go lecturer office 10times in a day yet they'll just act like you don't matter or they were never in the system, sign the bloody paper for the man you no gree, how do u expect him to collect allowee then, as he don stab you for 19,800 ur eye don clear... The system was meant to frustrate us...mscheeeeew angry

24 Likes

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by uhalauju(f): 8:53am On Mar 23, 2016
That's one side of the story.. can we get d corper's version??

45 Likes

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by redgem(f): 8:57am On Mar 23, 2016
Hmmmmm... I don't believe the man's story because no sane Corp member will want to kill his career after the years he has spent building it...

My thoughts though.....

The boss saw that the young man has potentials and will be a great lawyer so, he decided to kill his career before it starts. He called the young corp to his private chambers asked for something from him, the Corper refused then, he staged everything...

Some people are destiny killers

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by DGD1(m): 9:24am On Mar 23, 2016
like jude okoye said, there are 3 sides to a story; in this case
1. the boss side
2. the corper'ss side
3. the truth

"frustration maketh a wise man man" - the Holy bible

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by kingphilip(m): 9:27am On Mar 23, 2016
This is really dangerous to the corper's reputation

But I think the boss is hiding something.. What's the reason why he doesn't want to sign the clearance and what attitude did he put up to work that he couldn't state to the press categorically

He should have just signed the clearance for the month since it's required immediately because even if he's recalled and reposted no organization or people will issue him clearance immediately

Nairalanders donate some likes

14 Likes

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by redgem(f): 9:56am On Mar 23, 2016
kingphilip:

But I think the boss is hiding something.. What's the reason why he doesn't want to sign the clearance and what attitude did he put up to work that he couldn't state to the press categorically

He should have just signed the clearance for the month since it's required immediately because even if he's recalled and reposted no organization or people will issue him clearance immediately

Why are you begging for likes?

20 Likes

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by MrKong: 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
I wasn't there but I i know the boss is probably lying about the attitude of the corp member...law corp members are the mostly poorly treated by their bosses, they use them like rag and don't pay them a dime...these corp members still have to pay monthly dues to their association like regular lawyers from their allowee...the corp member probably got tired of slavery and decided not to show at work often hence the poor attitude to work his boss claims.

And about the cut and broken table, it probably as a result of fracas when the boss tried to get him out of his office by force. Lawyers know how to get a medical report cheap, so forget the report.

All these are theories by the way, but a logical one... why would a young man risk his license and youthful career cos of something that stupid?...except he's on drugs

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
lais every where
Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by Deivid10(m): 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
Tort the Rivers State Election is over

1 Like

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by charijee(f): 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
Why did the corper refuse to give his own side of the story?
Clearance form wahala
Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
So....are yhu tellinq me a law graduate did this??......hahaha......which course sev dey quarantee success?...... Charqe n' bail lawyer in the makinq grin grin
Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by pyxon(m): 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
Looks like a set up

1 Like

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
We are waiting to hear from the other party.

1 Like

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by bennynaza(m): 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ha
Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by Dahveydson(m): 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
Of course, this is not the full story.

He probably have frustrated the life of the barrister without paying him a dime and threatened to cause him extension and possible expulsion from the programme.

If you've served, you'll know that private employers can be wicked and heartless to corps members.

Anyway, I await the full story.

6 Likes

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by spartoo: 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
tayebest:
some silly boss can be so fraustrating at times! undecided

aswear... I hav a corper friend who nearly beat up his boss because of this monthly clearance issh

2 Likes

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by kingarizona1(m): 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
uhalauju:
That's one side of the story.. can we get d corper's version??

No we can't ma'am,Coz the law of LIE MOHAMMED states that, when a news is been reported to the public, its account should be on one side of a coin not Two

1 Like

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by Spells(m): 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
I wish da truth has a tongue.... but some bosses can try to frustrate u dat is under e'm

1 Like

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by yekparikpa(m): 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
I sincerely hope it's not true cos he might end up being de-barred from the NBA!
Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
charijee:
Why did the corper refuse to give his own side of the story?
Clearance form wahala
nysc forbids such..

2 Likes

Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by nairagossip: 1:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
mmm
Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by antontech(m): 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
This will be a lesson for others
Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by Sugahylz(f): 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
kingphilip:

Donate likes kwa? undecided
Re: Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) by olafum1(m): 1:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
Some deserves it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corps Member Found Dead In Ilorin With A Broken Skull / Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja / Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.