Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja (40128 Views)

Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members / Ex Corper, Nathaniel Nendi Dies 6 Days After POP / Medlin Chisom, Corper Faces Sexual Assault, Threatenes To Report Her Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by Supremos: 8:00am On Jan 14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oDnC_0q6ZQ

VIDEO: Nigerian Army Personnel Assault Corps Member Who Trekked For 24 Days From Ondo To Abuja To See Tinubu, NYSC Keeps Mum On Whereabouts

A corps member, Abel Tardoo Nathaniel, who embarked on a trek from Ore Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State to deliver a message to President Bola Tinubu has arrived in Abuja after which he was manhandled and arrested by some Nigerian Army personnel on the alleged orders of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

SaharaReporters learnt that the corps member commenced the journey on Friday, December 15, 2023 and arrived in Abuja on Monday January 8, wielding a placard and the National flag.

Meanwhile, on his arrival at the nation's capital, some officials of National Youth Service Corps alongside some soldiers confronted and harassed him, forcing him to stop a live streaming of his trek, as they also seized his mobile phone.

Investigation revealed that the soldiers ambushed him along Dutse Expressway near Kubwa, where he was also picked up.

In the live stream video obtained by SaharaReporters, a soldier was seen harassing and dragging the corps member in an attempt to forcefully collect his mobile phone and the national flag and stop him from staying online.

Nathaniel could be heard saying “I just want to pass a message, except you want to take me with force. So let me complete what I started.”

While responding to a question asked by one of the officials if he informed the NYSC about his trek, Nathaniel said nobody was aware of his plan, including the media.

“Nobody is even aware; including the media and that is why I am doing this just to pass a message. Let me just go there and let the President tell me he doesn't want to hear from me and I will go back. You are telling them to come and carry me with force and you know I am already on a live stream. Oga you want to use force? Oga you want to spoil my phone. People are watching you,” he protested.

SaharaReporters could not yet verify the mission of the corps member who planned to trek to the Aso Rock Villa to visit President Tinubu, but he was eventually forced into the vehicle after they dispossessed him of his phone, placards and flag and whisked to the NYSC Headquarters located in Maitama.

Nathaniel had insisted that the decision to trek to Abuja was an adventure for him and also to make history.

SaharaReporters gathered that the NYSC management was not comfortable with Nathaniel meeting with the president as he also refused to disclose the message he wanted to deliver to the President.

Meanwhile as at time of filing this report Nathaniel's whereabouts is still unknown since he was taken into custody by the NYSC officials.

Recall that Nathaniel had written on his Facebook page shortly after he had embarked on the journey.

He wrote, “𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒈u𝒏 𝒂 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕, 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒊𝒎𝒔 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔, 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕, 𝒊'𝒎 𝒔𝒐 𝒊𝒏𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒌𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒐𝒓𝒚, 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒂 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒅𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒆 , 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒍𝒍, 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒌 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒖𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒆𝒇 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒄𝒆𝒔, 𝒇𝒆𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒐𝒇 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒂 Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu 𝒔𝒐 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔 𝒂 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕

“ 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒐𝒓𝒆, 𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒅𝒊𝒈𝒃𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒄𝒂𝒍 𝒈𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒂 𝒐𝒇 𝑶𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒋𝒐𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒅𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕... 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒐, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒚𝒑𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕, 𝒋𝒐𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒆...𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒃𝒚 𝒂 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚”#fearlesscorp

Effort by SaharaReporters to reach the Director of Press, Eddy Megwa, for reaction proved abortive as repeated calls to his mobile phones were not answered.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/01/13/video-nigerian-army-personnel-assault-corps-member-who-trekked-24-days-ondo-abuja-see

1 Share

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by Supremos: 8:01am On Jan 14
More photos.

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by Supremos: 8:02am On Jan 14
More photos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by Solofresh2: 8:08am On Jan 14
undecided
Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by crossfm: 8:24am On Jan 14
Hehehe.

Make him no gree for army at all grin.

On a serious note,the guy is funny. You want to see the president just like that, without telling the security agencies what your mission is tongue.

The army on the other hand should have been professional in handling the issue,oh I forgot, professionalism is not in the dictionary of our security agencies in Nigeria.

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by madridguy(m): 8:26am On Jan 14
The Army officer should have use his muscle to help us rescue Najeebah and her sisters from their kidnappers.

187 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by Wawelexy(m): 8:29am On Jan 14
Why harassing the young man? Shebi na him get the leg wey him use dey trek.... Btw, which kain cap himself come wear na 😁

127 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by Botragelad: 8:31am On Jan 14
Can anyone confirm. Do they really walk such distance or it's all for the fame?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by jmoore(m): 8:35am On Jan 14
Bandits dey attack Abuja but army never ambush them. Na innocent corp member be their priority.

138 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by Supremos: 8:39am On Jan 14
Botragelad:
Can anyone confirm. Do they really walk such distance or it's all for the fame?
I'm also eager to know if they truly do.

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by Generalmystic: 8:42am On Jan 14
jmoore:
Bandits dey attack Abuja but army never ambush them. Na innocent corp member be their priority.
exactly my thought. They won't go and attack bendits and Boko Haram

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by FaceTanke: 8:54am On Jan 14
Stupid Otondo

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by MrALIVE: 9:00am On Jan 14
If you speak against this guy then you must be a FOO*OOOOL....honestly

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by AntiChristian: 9:12am On Jan 14
So youth still dey trek interstate like this in 2024?

Una go get sense soon!

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by Seunpapa65: 9:13am On Jan 14
No gree for anybody
But make I talk Sha this guy no trek anything cheesy cheesy grin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by ipobarecriminals: 9:13am On Jan 14
angry
Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by ekelebeXstunner: 9:13am On Jan 14
Assault, assault. That is all the military knows. This one NYSC is part of his captors, what is happening?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by Writer50: 9:13am On Jan 14
Stressing yourself for nothing,you are not even sure Nigerian will give you a job after all the years you spent in school.

Contact me to write any of your school assignment (projects, thesis, proposal, PowerPoint, dissertation), plagiarism check etc.
You can check my signature for details

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by GOFRONT(m): 9:14am On Jan 14
If the Army is not sexually harrasing their beautiful female Army officers in the office, then they are Assaulting the Armless Youth corper who only chose to go on a free Roadwork.

See Army barrack close to that Roundabout in bwari, see kidnappers coming out freely to have a funfilled day within the same bwari.........We read it everyday on Nairaland

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:15am On Jan 14
Usual behaviour from fools on uniform. We have a lot of idiots in charge of our security. I hope these ones are thoroughly dealt with.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:15am On Jan 14
Please Officer be understanding with him

Can't you see he is creating something. Don't kill the idea. grin grin

It is not easy to be creative. To create something out of nothing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by youngberry001(m): 9:15am On Jan 14
uhmmm

#military
Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by allen113: 9:15am On Jan 14
Nice one from the military, the werey no know say him be nysc property for 1 year and if anything should happen to him, the nysc has a question to answer.

Make them check am well sha him fit get small mental problem grin

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by Olarewaju89: 9:16am On Jan 14
This madness have start again undecided

Trekking for 24 days in order to see a failure. Mumu!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by Bluezy13(m): 9:16am On Jan 14
MrALIVE:
If you speak against this guy then you must be a FOO*OOOOL....honestly

You must be a big FOOL to think that everyone must think the way you think.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by olisaEze(m): 9:16am On Jan 14
If Corpers can be nominated for Commissioner/Ministerial appointments, I don't see what this young man has done to be harassed by soldiers on the orders of the NYSC. Gone are the days when Youth Corp members were called govt pikin and treated like sacred cows by their host communities. Since this Party came to power in 2015, Nigerian youths have been treated like the enemy! undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja by kalemy(m): 9:17am On Jan 14
Who send am message? We like to chase clout in this country and it's becoming very annoying.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Corps Member Found Dead In Ilorin With A Broken Skull / Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) / 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.