Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,798 members, 7,841,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President (25997 Views)

Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala / Impeachment Threat: Pro, Anti-saraki Forces Set For Showdown / Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by chigoizie7(m): 12:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
seunmsg:
This won't stop Saraki's trial in any way. In fact, this new unity is in preparation for the outcome of Saraki's trial. The APC needs to be united to produce the next senate leadership if Saraki is eventually found guilty and that is the basis for this new unity. PDP wailers should not see this as a victory.

U re really smart my brother.

But, let me remind u that if they succeed in convicting saraki, then, they should forget about the seat of the senate president.

Initially, they thought they are killing only saraki, from the turn of events, if saraki goes down, APC is going down with him.

Let us tell ourselves the truth, and then, ceteris peribus, how many senators do u think pdp has now, how many are waiting for re-run? Those re-run, who do u think has its district as a stronghold? PDP or APC?

Anambra 2, rivers 3, imo 1, kogi 1.

Senate needs a 2/3rd vote, can they pull that up with 56 senators?

Best bet, they should do anything humanly possible to make sure saraki does not go down, else, APC and presidency go hear am.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by muller101(m): 12:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
tomakint:
Will this stop his trial at the CCT tomorrow? NO!
the case will be adjourned
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by chigoizie7(m): 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
odave:
Mehn, see strategies being put in place o

Their three outcome only points to their preparedness for the outcome of ABS travail @ CCB

1. If he wins, they will reconstitute the committes in the house to favour APC senators which means some PDP senators will have to give way for some APc senators..forcing saraki's hand down to do their bidding.

2. If he loses, they (APC senators) will unite as a single cacus to present next senate president

3. What I can deduce from their statements is that party interest comes first now...

That's 2 - 1 ...obviously Saraki is a 'gonner'

Then the meeting is not for saraki but for APC as a party...the party wins @ last

Power attracts the worst and corrupt the best...power shift is imminent in the sanate

With ike ekweremadu as d DSP, and saraki gone, out of 109 senators, and APC 56, can 56 pull up the 2/3rd vote to elect the next senate president?

1 Like

Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by chigoizie7(m): 12:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
muller101:
the case will be adjourned

Not only adjourned, but, indefinitely.

Infact till 2019.
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by authority4mmaku: 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
Only apc zombies can't impeach the god saraki cause they need two third, apc nite mare continues as plans to impeach his has been proven abortive, gathering of old fools

1 Like

Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by zurine(f): 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
wow
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by Addme: 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Outcome of yesterday's meeting manifesting..
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by tuniski: 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
tomakint:
The case is dead longtime ago. Only those still trusting govt are the ones thinking there is a case. It is all paddy paddy afterall it was never a genuine war on corruption but, persecution on corruption.
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by Goke7: 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
chigoizie7:

With ike ekweremadu as d DSP, and saraki gone, out of 109 senators, and APC 56, can 56 pull up the 2/3rd vote to elect the next senate president?

election of senate president is by majority vote not 2/3 but you need the 2/3 to impeach
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by olutunde12(m): 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
seunmsg:
This won't stop Saraki's trial in any way. In fact, this new unity is in preparation for the outcome of Saraki's trial. The APC needs to be united to produce the next senate leadership if Saraki is eventually found guilty and that is the basis for this new unity. PDP wailers should not see this as a victory.

A confused set of people. They try to explain each news headline. Saraki is goingno where! Go and write it down and it has no good meaning to ac either. Meanwhile what is inutimbu saying?
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by Goke7: 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
olutunde12:

A confused set of people. They try to explain each news headline. Saraki is goingno where! Go and write it down and it has no good meaning to ac either. Meanwhile what is inutimbu saying?

unfortunately saraki may be the one making peace here, he's not as strong as you believe, he looks strong cos of atiku, is atiku stronger than PMB?
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by thundafire: 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
scaed of PDP look at their faces dis re part of the crops of crooks poiling dis nation
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by chigoizie7(m): 12:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
Goke7:

election of senate president is by majority vote not 2/3 but you need the 2/3 to impeach

Ok

I pray 56 out of 109 can pull that up. - saraki once convicted.
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by mideactive: 12:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
Once a traitor 'l always be a traitor.Saraki cannot b trusted,he might bring about d end of apc.Saraki can sell out @ anytime,as long as it 'l profit him.I think d only basics 4 settlement is 4 him 2 step down.u cannot put fire on ur roof n sleep off..
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by utytill(m): 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
I don't see saraki going with windows of appeal available and some auxiliary cases that may spring up later.
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by yarimo(m): 1:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
In tinubu`s voice saraki u are a gorner
TANTUMERGO007:
grin saraki is the god of Nigeria grin
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by yarimo(m): 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
In tinubu`s voice saraki u are a gorner angry
TANTUMERGO007:
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by slimfit1(m): 1:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
Thieves always work hard to steal . When are they going to meet to talk about PIB bill and laws for job creation Hausa people and their pointless meetings.
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by Thescienceprof(m): 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Senators aligning in their own interests. Every one here supporting or otherwise any party is mindless and uninformed
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by yarimo(m): 1:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
God of Nigeria ko criminal of Nigeria ni
TANTUMERGO007:
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by yaki84: 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
seunmsg:

will d cct just pronounce him guilty without him defending himself?
how una dey reason sef?
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by lexyclasy: 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
tomakint:
That trial at CCT is a goner dont expect anything good from that case APC can never allow SARAKI to go down having known that PDP in senate are united with challenging numbers as at now 57 VS 46 with outstanding 6seats at-least 4 to favour PDP so if SARAKI go down in CCT SARAKI followers in like mind group will tend to strike a pay back by frustrating unity forum So for the interest of peace they need to sheath their sword and allow SARAKI to be period
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by Sheggy13(m): 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
pyxon:
No sophisticated zombie senator in APC is relevant enough to attend such a meeting. Obviously the TRIBE OF JUDAS are not APC enough to be involved in anything done in the party these days. Tinubu have been sidelined, same as Osinbajo. Now its the senators. I don't see the future being any better sef
Your hate for Yoruba has made you so stupid not to be able read posts carefully again before you show your half-education. Remind me again where Senator Gbenga Ashafa is from, clueless IPod youth.
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by pyxon(m): 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2016
Sheggy13:

Your hate for Yoruba has made you so stupid not to be able read posts carefully again before you show your half-education. Remind me again where Senator Gbenga Ashafa is from, clueless IPod youth.

Irrelevance and anger. You are so learned with all sophistication and yet illiterate Arewa products have always used you as pawns in their power games. I'm ipob. I agree. I rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
Saraki is becoming powerful
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by Sheggy13(m): 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
pyxon:

Irrelevance and anger. You are so learned with all sophistication and yet illiterate Arewa products have always used you as pawns in their power games. I'm ipob. I agree. I rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
I guess Arewa used us as pawns when Obj was president of this country for good eight years. The bad ass man even had the temerity to push for a third term. That's how formidable he was. When that didn't fall through, he ensured he singlehandly installed his Arewa Godson Yar'Adua. Osibanjo is currently the number 2 citizen of this country. So who's been used. The joke is on you bro.
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by OAFMods: 12:41am On Mar 24, 2016
chigoizie7:

It's a shame you have the effontary or should I say the foolishness to make an assertive pronouncement with your myopic intellingence.

If the 56 which is the majority can not elect the senate president shouldn't your brian automatically tell you that the PDP senators that are not up 56 will likewise not be able to elect their own into the position as well ?

Yet you litter NL with the same hokum of an argument ignoring the fact that not everyone will be as foolish as you have chosen to deride your soul.

How old are you n when do you plan to stop being senseless ? Why do you derive so much joy in being senseless ?
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by OAFMods: 12:48am On Mar 24, 2016
pyxon:
I agree. I rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

This were the exact word of the 2 million Igbo's that perished in the Biafran war only to blame Awo for not feeding them while they were at war with him.

Na Igbo man I sabi go dey fight you and still expect you to grant him favours.
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by chigoizie7(m): 7:05am On Mar 24, 2016
OAFMods:

It's a shame you have the effontary or should I say the foolishness to make an assertive pronouncement with your myopic intellingence.

If the 56 which is the majority can not elect the senate president shouldn't your brian automatically tell you that the PDP senators that are not up 56 will likewise not be able to elect their own into the position as well ?

Yet you litter NL with the same hokum of an argument ignoring the fact that not everyone will be as foolish as you have chosen to deride your soul.

How old are you n when do you plan to stop being senseless ? Why do you derive so much joy in being senseless ?

Did u see d question mark there?

If u did and then decide to type what u typed, then, I ve nothing to say to u.
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by TijaniAbu: 8:18am On Mar 24, 2016
They have seen the light of separation of powers. Senators against dictatorship. Stand against Chains
Re: Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President by pyxon(m): 7:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
OAFMods:

This were the exact word of the 2 million Igbo's that perished in the Biafran war only to blame Awo for not feeding them while they were at war with him.

Na Igbo man I sabi go dey fight you and still expect you to grant him favours.

Hausas fought the war, Awo took the blame. Abiola died for nothing, even democracy day, they didn't make June 12. Shonekan is a joke in Nigerian history. Diya same Tinubu is just another pawn. All your political maneuvers have led you to this point - losing the trust of your Southern brothers and being treated like second fiddle by the north. Jungle don mature

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vigilante Leader, Victor Asikolo, Shot Dead In Delta State (Photo) / Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... / Senator Omo-agege Withdraws From Resumption At Nigerian Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.