Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. (12931 Views)

GSM Subscribers To Pay More For Data From Dec.1 (1.5gig To Be N3000 Now) / Nigerians To Pay 9% Tax On Calls, SMS, MMS, Data, Others / Pls Help! Jumia Is At It Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by pelumi001(m): 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
I order for a phone on jumia but the terms and condition require me to pay before delivery wherefore some of the information about my ATM debit card was required. So, i thought that I didn't have the full experience about ordering some item on jumia. I wish to seek an advise from the intelligent nairalanders.
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by augster(m): 1:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
Op change the topic... You‘ve not made the order yet and you claimed you‘ve been scammed
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by Ezeanochie(m): 1:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
You have not placed d order and you shouting scam

1 Like

Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by pelumi001(m): 2:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
Am sorry about the headline sir. I only want to confirm maybe it's right or not... Because all I knew about jumia is payment on delivery.
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by Jboynokiaphone(m): 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
pelumi001:
I order for a phone on jumia but the terms and condition require me to pay before delivery wherefore some of the information about my ATM debit card was required. So, i thought that I didn't have the full experience about ordering some item on jumia. I wish to seek an advise from the intelligent nairalanders.

see and feel wat ure paying for. Trust nobody brother,if dey can't accept pay on delivery forget it.one of my guy buy shoe with atm and d shoes la fake.not like d one we see on dere website

4 Likes

Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by augster(m): 3:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
pelumi001:
Am sorry about the headline sir. I only want to confirm maybe it's right or not... Because all I knew about jumia is payment on delivery.
good! Now let‘s talk. The seller of the device you want to buy doesn‘t saty in Nigeria.. He can‘t accept pay on delivery and that doesn‘t mean he is a scammer... I‘m a jumia sales rep and i wouldn‘t advise that... But lemme investigate a lil bit
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by pelumi001(m): 5:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
augster:
good! Now let‘s talk. The seller of the device you want to buy doesn‘t saty in Nigeria.. He can‘t accept pay on delivery and that doesn‘t mean he is a scammer... I‘m a jumia sales rep and i wouldn‘t advise that... But lemme investigate a lil bit
Thank bros... It's a phone homtom HT7
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by jericco1(m): 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
pelumi001:
Thank bros... It's a phone homtom HT7
is that fone really 15k?
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by pelumi001(m): 7:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
jericco1:
is that fone really 15k?
16k plus chipping charge.
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by jericco1(m): 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
pelumi001:
16k plus chipping charge.
shipping charge included in the 16k plus?. Or. . .
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by GENT95(m): 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
me sef. wan order 4 d fone.................but i want am pay on delievery
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
pelumi001:

One thing u don't understand is lots of things sold on jumia and Konga are sold by 3rd party sellers. This is how the world's best shopping stores like Amazon.com operate. Those 3rd party sellers sell through jumia, so when u order for something, jumia notifies them and they make the item available while jumia ships to u while u pay on delivery. Jumia then pay the sellers once it is confirmed they delivered the correct item.

However there are some sellers that are not based in Nigeria. Pay on delivery is not accepted for such orders which is the right right thing to do. I mean how do u explain when jumia orders an item for from an international seller, the item gets shipped and in the end u change ur mind that u are no longer buying... On who's acct will that be? Everyday people order things on jumia and then change their mind because they choose pay on delivery. It is not a bad thing, I've also done it a couple of times, it is understandable if the item is sold in Nigeria, not acceptable when shipped from oversea. This is why jumia don't accept pay on delivery for items shipped from overseas.

Just like the image below, the plane icon means it is shipped from overseas and pay on delivery is not allowed.

4 Likes

Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by pelumi001(m): 10:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
greenhulk:

One thing u don't understand is lots of things sold on jumia and Konga are sold by 3rd party sellers. This is how the world's best kbkines stores like Amazon.com operate. Those 3rd party sellers sell through jumia, so when u order for something, jumia notifies them and they make the item available while jumia ships to u while u pay on delivery. Jumia then pay the sellers once it is confirmed they delivered the correct item.

However there are some sellers that are not based in Nigeria. Pay on delivery is not accepted for such orders which is the right right thing to do. I mean how do u explain when jumia orders an item for from an international seller, the item gets shipped and in the end u change ur mind that u are no longer buying... On who's acct will that be? Everyday people order things on jumia and then change their mind because they choose pay on delivery. It is not a bad thing, I've also done it a couple of times, it is understandable if the item is sold in Nigeria, not acceptable when shipped from oversea. This is why jumia don't accept pay on delivery for items shipped from overseas.

Just like the image below, the plane icon means it is shipped from overseas and pay on delivery is not allowed.
Sir if I place my order with instant payment before delivery... Hope I won't regret it?
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 24, 2016
pelumi001:

Sir if I place my order with instant payment before delivery... Hope I won't regret it?

I don't work for jumia so I wouldn't know. If u are not comfortable with putting ur debit card online then walk away look for another alternative. But jumia is a well known name and they have their warehouse in adeniyi Jones Ikeja. I'm sure they wouldn't want to soil their reputation because of a small order u are making with them. Some people order things worth hundreds of thousands with their bank cards. If u still want to use ur card, my advice is to to put the exact amount u need into ur checking acct (most of these international transactions are done with the checking acct) and leave the rest of ur money in ur savings acct which cannot be touched. Ur card will be charged from ur checking acct (at least that is how gt bank MasterCard works).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2017
augster:
Op change the topic... You‘ve not made the order yet and you claimed you‘ve been scammed

I try to purchase a shoe but I don't see pay-on-delivery. Has Jumia stopped pay-on-delivery?
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by augster(m): 7:06pm On Nov 24, 2017
BiggyB242:

I try to purchase a shoe but I don't see pay-on-delivery. Has Jumia stopped pay-on-delivery?
maybe the product is shipped from overseas
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by Beautymc(f): 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
No regret at all. I am saying from experience. I have ordered a lot of pay before delivery from Jumia and the items were shipped from oversea. Your payment will be confirmed immediately
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 25, 2017
augster:

Okay, thank you but do you still work with them.
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by Phembodintl: 11:26am On Dec 01, 2017
I thfink its dangerous to buy with Ur credit card details. I ordered for
EARPHONES AND HEADSETS
ALLWIN Bluetooth Wireless HandFree Sports Stereo Headset Earphone For IPhone Black, thank God there was no much in my acct. That very morning, 3k was transferred to me and I had a balance of 3,281.27 @ 6.29am

Acct: 0109029695
Amt: NGN3,000.00 CR
Desc: -- -IKOYI CLUB TRM LAGOS LANG
Avail Bal: NGN3,281.27

I made this order when I got to my office that same morning n the message below was received from Jumia.

Dear Samuel Daniel,
A payment was successfully completed with your JumiaPay account, and here is the summary of the transaction:
Merchant: Jumia Nigeria
Amount of the transaction: NGN 2,090.00
- of which paid with your Mastercard XXXX-5628: NGN 2,090.00
Reference Number: 331755352.

Without using my ATM that day anymore, I just woke up at midnight to see an alert of the remaining withdrawable cash withdrawn. See message as shown below

Amt: NGN1,000.00 DR
Desc: SI TRANSACTION (DIFFERENT CUSTOMERS)
Avail Bal: NGN187.09

I really just felt like giving Jumia a trial. They wrote that my credit card details was safe, so how come it was not? I still thank God, I didn't av more than that in the account. Meanwhile, I still need to take this up wt them.

SO, PLS DO NOT RELEASE UR CREDIT CARD DETAILS IF U DON'T WANT TO CRY
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by ray48: 5:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
Phembodintl:
EARPHONES AND HEADSETS
ALLWIN Bluetooth Wireless HandFree Sports Stereo Headset Earphone For IPhone Black, thank God there was no much in my acct. That very morning, 3k was transferred to me and I had a balance of 3,281.27 @ 6.29am

I made this order when I got to my office that same morning n the message below was received from Jumia.

Dear Samuel Daniel,
A payment was successfully completed with your JumiaPay account, and here is the summary of the transaction:

Without using my ATM that day anymore, I just woke up at midnight to see an alert of the remaining withdrawable cash withdrawn. See message as shown below

I really just felt like giving Jumia a trial. They wrote that my credit card details was safe, so how come it was not? I still thank God, I didn't av more than that in the account. Meanwhile, I still need to take this up wt them.

This is very serious. U shld be taken this up with Jumia
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by Phembodintl: 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2017
I'm sorry this post has bn made before clarification came from my Bank that the withdrawal was for my ATM charges/card renewal. So, Jumia Pay is actually safe for transaction. Thanks
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by Phembodintl: 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2017
Phembodintl:
EARPHONES AND HEADSETS

Dear Samuel Daniel,

I'm sorry this post has bn made before clarification came from my Bank that the withdrawal was for my ATM charges/card renewal. So, Jumia Pay is actually safe for transaction. Thanks

1 Like

Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by anaton(m): 11:34am On Dec 10, 2017
pelumi001:

Before nko!Pay before service.

1 Like

Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by Ofemmanu1: 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
augster:

Hi, are you still with Jumia?

1 Like

Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by augster(m): 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2018
Ofemmanu1:

Hi, are you still with Jumia?
No sir

1 Like

Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by alexarelano(m): 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2018
augster:
No sir
Why sir?
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
So many kids online. U guys jump to social media without any proper investigation and consultations, bashing company brands without excuses and reservations. If Jumia sue U now U will be shouting foul.

Two reasons Jumia don't always put POD.
1. U may not be residing around d city, that is ur place of residence is quit far from a popular location.
2. Item maybe be shipped from oversee.

Before U start shouting because of a product of 15k, have U tries AliExpress or Amazon or Ebay? Can U buy a product without paying with you card details. Una new to e-commerce sha
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
Phembodintl:
EARPHONES AND HEADSETS

Dear Samuel Daniel,

I do freely with my gtbank master card, highly secured thru hard token
Re: please help! jumia want me to pay before delivery. by uyompe: 1:24am On Jun 24, 2019
Its only residents in Lagos that pay on delivery
augster:

(1) (Reply)

How To Share Apk Files (android App Files) Via Whatsapp Messenger / Airtel CUG Lines And Postpaid Packages / Itel 1505 Vision Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.