Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv (65936 Views)

4 Things You Must Do Before That Interview / Benefits Of Professional Courses To Your CV / How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by despam(m): 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
jentezen:
Photo on CV are mostly required so i believe you are wrong

Yes. I disagree with Op on photo on CV too.
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by kingmsookwagh(m): 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
As a matter of fact, my Email is; kingpin_charloti@hotmail.com. And it's been my official mail. It's a mneans through which they can get back at you and should not focus on the style the mail came with....Morality is all about choice and Value o!!!
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by macaranta(m): 4:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
cool ..nice one

Visit my signature
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
jentezen:
Photo on CV are mostly required so i believe you are wrong
shocked
Haba
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Irore: 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
charming1111:
In your search for employment, it is vital for you to know the information that is useful to your employers and present same on your CV.

Without further ado, outlined below is the list of 3 things employers hate to see on your CV.

1. INAPPROPRIATE EMAIL ADRESSESS: Email addresses such as tega2fine@yahoo.com and tinasexy4lagos@hotmail.com, should not be found on your CV. These email addresses does not portray you as a professional and as such, employers hate to see it on your CV. An example of email address that should be found on your CV is adebayojarvis@something.com.

2. DON’T ATTACH YOUR PHOTO TO YOUR CV: Please do not attach your photograph to your CV. Employers are always looking for reasons to screen out applicants; a photograph on your CV might create room for you to be screened out.

However, the exception to this rule is if the employer makes it mandatory that all applicants must affix their photos on their CVs.

3. POOR FORMATING:
All the information on your CV should be typed using the same font. A combination of fonts like century gothic, arial black, times new roman, etc, on one CV, should be avoided because, it won’t look attractive to your employers.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, KINDLY VISIT:http://www.infongr.com/2016/03/4-things-employers-hate-to-see-on-your.html

Contact address is no longer advised on CV's these days. Where is the secondary and primary school portfolio? The owner of the sample cv must be widely travelled.
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by DEBLESSEDMC(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
so if i avoid the four, my name will enlisted on the CBN newly employed staff
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
MadCow1:

Or the ones with Jenny4Love@yahoo.com; UcheDbadGuy@gmail.com; Shakitibobo@ymail.com, Efejokumi@yahoo.co.uk, NkBaby4real@hotmail.com, e.t.c.

And they will be wondering why no company has ever called them.
LOL
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Strongbest(m): 5:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
feels good to be the one in charge though: www.nairaland.com/1798724/
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Bloggz74(m): 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
There are three things I spotted wrong with the sample CV;
*Coloured mail address.
*poor formating(writing in italic)
*duration in your education not needed.(Ie 2001-2005)simply state when u graduated.
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Emudiagaanthony: 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
Am self employed and loving it,no time to wander with CV
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
Some of those in Central Bank didnt write any cv to get the job.
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by sonssyo: 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
charming1111:
In your search for employment, it is vital for you to know the information that is useful to your employers and present same on your CV.

Without further ado, outlined below is the list of 3 things employers hate to see on your CV.

1. INAPPROPRIATE EMAIL ADRESSESS: Email addresses such as tega2fine@yahoo.com and tinasexy4lagos@hotmail.com, should not be found on your CV. These email addresses does not portray you as a professional and as such, employers hate to see it on your CV. An example of email address that should be found on your CV is adebayojarvis@something.com.

2. DON’T ATTACH YOUR PHOTO TO YOUR CV: Please do not attach your photograph to your CV. Employers are always looking for reasons to screen out applicants; a photograph on your CV might create room for you to be screened out.

However, the exception to this rule is if the employer makes it mandatory that all applicants must affix their photos on their CVs.

3. POOR FORMATING:
All the information on your CV should be typed using the same font. A combination of fonts like century gothic, arial black, times new roman, etc, on one CV, should be avoided because, it won’t look attractive to your employers.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, KINDLY VISIT:http://www.infongr.com/2016/03/4-things-employers-hate-to-see-on-your.html

i hope this sample is not for real!!! d owner of that cv might take u to court
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by professore(m): 5:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
this is nice
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
denkyw:
well, that's not my headache for now
Take it now to cure ur headache later undecided
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by barrysome001: 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
Johnnoo:
So many are guilty of these cool

Levels... grin grin

Like selling Video DVD & Recharge cards... grin grin grin
Even If, isn't it better than roaming the streets in search of a job? Isn't it better than learning how to beautify ones' CV? I wish I know a trade so well and could be self employed
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by anumide(f): 5:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ojestas:
No 1. . I v seen something like this before.

A friend wanted to sign up a gmail account . . He asked for Truechelseafan4real@gmail.com. . .I told him, Oga, e be like say na Chelsea go hire you.

3. Lol. . Photo on CV, , na yearbook?
it depends, where I am, it's kind of a norm to have your passport photo affixed
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
thnk you
anumide:

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
thanks
despam:

Yes. I disagree with Op on photo on CV too.
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by nenergy(m): 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
I sent my CV to a UK expert, she gave me an excellent feedback. Want a CV like that? See my signature or PM me. N1,000 only!

First person to quote me gets a free CV review (Not makeover o) grin

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Ojestas(m): 6:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
anumide:

Wow! interesting, but what for?
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by anumide(f): 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ojestas:
Wow! interesting, but what for?
honestly, I don't know.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by nenergy(m): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
Bloggz74:

*duration in your education not needed.(Ie 2001-2005)simply state when u graduated.

I agree!
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by nenergy(m): 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
Sincerely speaking, this CV is boring! Put your skills and experience first, we already know you're a graduate.

Please remove the curriculum Vitae. It's outdated!

Personal data takes too much space!

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Bashmantech: 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Incase anyone is interested in Google Adsense, i have an approved adsense account. I'm looking for who to partner with(I'll use ur website, if it's approved, we share the income). Kindly send me a mail bashman0001@gmail.com or bashmantech@gmail.com. is excluded plz. Tnx
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
kilokeys:
Nice

But that dude cv Na wa.. Im wan die for ogbomoso ni?

I no go employ am o.

Because e must Ave Han haccent.
His accent would be d thick ogbomosho accent grin grin
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Doubleoo(m): 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
This is only valid in Nigeria. I have written a lot of CV for people in the UK, USA, and Australia. Adding email is a must for them.
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by kilokeys(m): 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
nenergy:
I sent my CV to a UK expert, she gave me an excellent feedback. Want a CV like that? See my signature or PM me. N1,000 only!

First person to quote me gets a free CV review (Not makeover o) grin

Oya I yaff quote u
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
"Curriculum Vitae " as the heading is a blunder! Your name should suffice.
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by souljaboi51(m): 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
what kind of cv is this? why does the schools not have corresponding degrees? tautology if you ask me undecided
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by asiwaju87(m): 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nowadays, you know man/person, you get job easily...
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
Johnnoo:
So many are guilty of these cool

Levels... grin grin

Like selling Video DVD & Recharge cards... grin grin grin
come dey help me carry my tripod for "RedCamera"
Re: 4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv by ecgreb(m): 9:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Many employer of labour especially in the fashion world likes to see your passport attached on the CV. Also, if you want to go for a job of personal assistant or personal secretary, please do well to attach your beautiful passport cos it goes along way to qualify.you for the interview.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honeywell Graduate Recruitment. (HEP) / Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 / Hyundai Dealership Employed Dog As Sales Person With I.D, Desk In Brazil(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.