Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps (1566 Views)

Ayodele Dada Honoured By House Of Reps (Photos) / UNILAG's Daniel-Dada Ayodele Gets N500,000 / Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by viviangist2: 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ayodele Daniel Dada, the 29-year-old Psychology graduate from the University of Lagos, who had an outstanding 5.0 Cumulative Grade Point Aggregate (CGPA), has been honoured by the Nigerian House of Representatives. The parliament awarded him the rare privilege of admittance to its plenary session.

While commending the scholar, sponsor of the motion, Femi Gbajabiamila, said the act was a dream come true which should be shown to other Nigerians, while stating that the federal government needed to tap into Dada’s potential. It is possible that Gbajabiamila sponsored the motion as a result of the activism several young Nigerians undertook on social media platform, Twitter, saying the young man deserved a national honour or an endorsement deal as an ambassador of the country’s failing education sector.

One of the major challenges millennials currently face is an ‘information overload’ as well as often being accused of only addressing everyday issues through social media platforms. However, this has shown it does not matter that young people are constantly mocked for having no real influence over society as social media awareness has helped tremendously in this case.

The House of Representatives’ recognition may be the starting point for proper integration of the country’s scholars into positions of note in Nigeria. This is a major issue as many reputable Nigerian experts have been adopted by western countries while the country languishes in a myriad of socio-economic problems that could easily be solved by these people.

Dada was encouraged by several lawmakers to live a life worthy of emulation as well as being a role model to younger Nigerians.

Although there was no monetary reward (which is something many Nigerians were expecting for Dada), the invite by the House of Representatives could be the much needed jump start he needs to begin making a positive impact in the country.

Source http://www.viviangist.com/record-breaker-daniel-ayodele-dada-has-been-honoured-by-house-of-reps

Cc; lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by lekan008(m): 10:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by viviangist2: 10:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
Congrats To Him
Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by Ecoplexus: 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nice move
Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by pendusky(m): 10:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
Congrats bro...
Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by osualaernest(m): 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
ok o
Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by faray: 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
Gøød
Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by 2sexynet: 10:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
All these photoshoot no move me ooo. I want to see the dude with a house and car. It's high time we stopped making celebrity lifestyle the ONLY way to "hammer"

In Nigeria today, scholars are given miserly 400k or less for their academic excellence but those who grace and win gulder ultimate search, MTN project fame, beauty pageant are given millions of Naira.

Why won't student feel lazy to read? We do not know the effect this is having on students and it's these same people that will turn around and say Nigerian graduates are unemployable blah blah.

Kenneth Iheanetu was my very good mentor when I was growing up, he laid the foundation for my numeric skills and understanding of mathematics. He was an exceptional student and wrote jamb in one sitting back then. straight As in WAEC. But before I left the area, he had started hanging out with bad boys, that coupled with guys who had travelled out of the country. He started smoking hemp, drinking, even tried travelling out of the country. Eventually he lost focus. In 2009, I learned from his sister that he died after an illness and another friend told me he had swollen up and nobody knew what happened until he died.

Kenneth was an inspiration to me... so many Kenneth have died and more are dying.
Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by xender(m): 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
so this guy call e real age no football age .
Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by micfoley: 11:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
Good
Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by B9official(m): 12:18am On Mar 24, 2016
Give honour to whom honour is due
Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by dandydrey(m): 1:28am On Mar 24, 2016
Gradually..
Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by Flyingngel(m): 2:16am On Mar 24, 2016
Afon etieti

1 Like

Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by uhalauju(f): 2:56am On Mar 24, 2016
Nice one, I feel dey shld av done better.
Re: Record Breaker Daniel Ayodele Dada Has Been Honoured By House Of Reps by viviangist2: 12:48pm On Mar 24, 2016
Cc; lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Waec 2016/17 Runs / Can He Study Engineering With This Type Of Result?! / Fuotuoke Aspirants Whatsapp Group 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.