Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. (3945 Views)

Man Gifts Wife New Car For Exclusively Breast-Feeding Their Baby For 6 Months / My Guy Has Lost Interest In Sex Since Our Baby's Birth. What Should I Do? / 11-years Without A Child Only To Find Out My Wife Has Been Aborting Our Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by nabiz(m): 6:14am On Mar 24, 2016
I and my wife has made up our mine to stop breast feeding our 1year and 2months old baby. The major problem is that my wife called me and is seriously complaining of breast pain and weight. What do I advice her to do? What drugs if necessary should she take?
Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by Klamour: 6:26am On Mar 24, 2016
Oga, let the baby continue with his breastfeeding ooo. What are you doing with the breast now? It's the baby's turn please, at least for the next four months.

The Baby be like, 'Dad, if you want the breast milk, come and take it'.

So bros, suck the milk, that's what makes it heavy. Good luck!
Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by Ezedon(m): 6:31am On Mar 24, 2016
I'll only support that if you (the man ) will also stop sucking the breast. Breast feed the baby that is his right
Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by nabiz(m): 6:38am On Mar 24, 2016
grin klamour amd ezedon! Two of una now well ooo. For a year and two month? I beg make una pack well

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by RiloKiley: 6:55am On Mar 24, 2016
Congratulations first of all on breastfeeding your baby for so long. It warms my heart to see people who take breastfeeding seriously in this fast and modern age.

That being said there is no scruples in stopping now. Una don try. Don't use any drugs pls. Rather squeeze (or suck )the milk out. Over time when sucking of the breast becomes less regular, the breastmilk will dry up. It's heavy now because of accumulated milk in the breast and if you are not careful it might form a painful abscess.

Use breast pump to suck it out. Or squeeze it out. You can even help yourself to it being the husband, lol. It's very nutritious.
But seriously get the milk out. Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by GodnGold: 7:04am On Mar 24, 2016
The pain is usually unbearable but she can try using palodel tablets.
For me,I take this and just stay in bed and my hubby takes care of the need of the baby
Tell her to hang in there,it will go away in a few days
Palodel is good.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 24, 2016
stopped breastfeeding my baby at 1yr1wk old. the pain was unbearable but it stopped after 3days, no meducation at all. breastpump wil be more painful if u try using it now plus u wont enjoy the sour taste. so hang in there, it will be over soon
Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by greatgod2012(f): 8:54am On Mar 24, 2016
From personal experience, no need for drugs, the pain is temporal, at most, 3-4 days, it will disappear.

What you need to do........... reduce intake of fluids, use your bra always, a tight one, don't remove it at all, even when you want to sleep. Only remove it when you want to bath, and put it on back immediately. It's only an accumulation of milk in the breast, it'll dry up when it's no longer sucked and the pain will subside, but gradually.

6 Likes

Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by Beetle: 9:05am On Mar 24, 2016
Buy cabbage and put in the fridge, then take some of the leaves out and let your wife put in her bra. This will encourage the milk to come out. Change the leaves when wet.
Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by Feranchek(m): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2016
For ALL her 3 kids, my elder sis send them to my mom for at least 1 month. They'll cru. Definitely. Buh after a while, they'll get used to it cos my maale na dia paddy! Lol. I'm sure this will most definitely do the trick.

Success bro (Goodluck don 4cup grin)
Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by byvan03: 11:33am On Mar 24, 2016
You don't stop Breastfeeding abruptly, it hurts real bad. You stop by dropping the feeding times, like from 10 to 8, 8-6,6-4, and so on. The milk production stops naturally, no pain and easier on the baby. I don't know why people prefer this abrupt painful method. Why torture yourself when there is an easy way out?

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
byvan03:
You don't stop Breastfeeding abruptly, it hurts real bad. You stop by dropping the feeding times, like from 10 to 8, 8-6,6-4, and so on. The milk production stops naturally, no pain and easier on the baby. I don't know why people prefer this abrupt painful method. Why torture yourself when there is an easy way out?

+100 Likes!

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by Dyt(f): 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
Over a year?
You be champion ooo
Mine stopped himself 5months or so
And I didn't even feel the pain
Mum said odaju abiayamo nie *mean mother*

But they have given good adviced here sha
I don't have an experience in it and I hope it will be same for my other kids too

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by Evina(f): 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
greatgod2012:
From personal experience, no need for drugs, the pain is temporal, at most, 3-4 days, it will disappear.

What you need to do........... reduce intake of fluids, use your bra always, a tight one, don't remove it at all, even when you want to sleep. Only remove it when you want to bath, and put it on back immediately. It's only an accumulation of milk in the breast, it'll dry up when it's no longer sucked and the pain will subside, but gradually.

Please what does the constant wearing of a right bra accomplish or solve?
Re: Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby. by greatgod2012(f): 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2016
Evina:

Please what does the constant wearing of a right bra accomplish or solve?

It will not give room for sagging and filling up again.
Another thing, it will reduce the heaviness, as we all know that breast filled with milk is usually heavy and heavier when it's left to sag.

Also, it helps to reduce the pain that usually accompany heavy/milk-filled breast.

It promotes good posture and balance during the period.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Beat Me Up And L Collapsed. / Good Morning Fam. Another Successful Morning Of My JOURNEY pics / A Gals Confession On Facebook Dat Blew Everyone Away.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.