Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,709 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

TVC Or Channels? - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TVC Or Channels? (32973 Views)

Citizen Jones Usen Anchors ''Journalists' Hangout'' On TVC / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices / Babajide Ititoju Of TVC Really Unprofessional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TVC Or Channels? by saints2(f): 11:45am On Mar 24, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

You're wrong. I doubt Channels TV has more than two studios, which they use for different programmes. They only change the graphics. On the other hand, TVC has upto seven studios. The picture quality of TVC is far better than that of Channels TV.

Channels has to invest more in studios, John Momoh should stop acting like an Ijebu man and get a state of the art studio, enough of this graphics and he should spend more, after all, they have the money
Re: TVC Or Channels? by UjSizzle(f): 11:47am On Mar 24, 2016
naptu2:

NTA Channel 7, Tejuosho.

Reason: Feyikogbon.
There's a channel 7?
I remember seeing the Tejuosho station (abi studio) but never thought there were more than two NTAs in Lagos. Never seen it on my tv either.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:48am On Mar 24, 2016
Jacko01:
Both are yoruba station propagating yoruba ideology rubbing it in our face
So i choose nta umuahia
Tribalism won't let you see things the way you should see it. Channels TV is owned by John Momoh an Edo man.

1 Like

Re: TVC Or Channels? by Gaskia: 11:51am On Mar 24, 2016
Between TVC and Channels, I prefer AIT

TVC < AIT > CHANNELS
Re: TVC Or Channels? by sped1oro(m): 11:51am On Mar 24, 2016
For wider coverage na TVC and for real political issues na CHANNELS

1 Like

Re: TVC Or Channels? by sabatok(m): 11:55am On Mar 24, 2016
channels remains the best they criticise and praise any 1 in power... But TVC(APC) praises all what there sponsors do: have u ever seen any other guest from opposition party discuss issues on their program.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by DcLords(m): 11:58am On Mar 24, 2016
TVC= APC
CHANNELS= BIASED
AIT=PDP
Re: TVC Or Channels? by naptu2: 11:58am On Mar 24, 2016
UjSizzle:

There's a channel 7?
I remember seeing the Tejuosho station (abi studio) but never thought there were more than two NTAs in Lagos. Never seen it on my tv either.

NTA Channel 7 was a community tv station (Channel 5 was for youths and Channel 10 for adults). Around half of their programmes were in yoruba language and the station was located in Tejuosho (channels 5 and 10 were both at Victoria Island).

Ben Murray-Bruce killed Channel 7 c2001. He said that there was no need for three NTA stations in Lagos. Channel 10 moved over to Tejuosho and the Tejuosho compound is also now the home of NTA's educational services and children's television workshop.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Normosa(m): 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2016
TVC may be biased some may say but i watched their coverage of the Rivers election and i saw how they took to the cleaners both Ameachi and Wike. Could that be said to be biased. I think they are giving channels a serious run for their money. Its all good for the country. NTA a no no , AIT a complete washout... Silverbird, well your guees is as good as mine.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Bro, what about Your views, Fireworks, TVC. Watch those programs you will like it.
I love those programmes. But I want some to run between 7 to 9am.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
I love those programmes. But I want some to run between 7 to 9am.
ok
Re: TVC Or Channels? by tivta(m): 12:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
Continental broadcasting is the most biased media outfit in Nigeria, I am not surprised thou after all Tinubu owns it by proxy...
Re: TVC Or Channels? by NinaMiliano: 12:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
sunshine1974:
My reasons are simple......i ve called in severally during the journalist hang out shows but noticed in left to speak on wenever I criticize former president and his govt, but wenever I take a swipe on the current govt and APC Ayo cuts me off without warning......Ayo hardly even make any meaningful contribution though
Quite correct, I've noticed same too on Journalists' hangout even yesterday.... The Presenter is an APC sympathizer
Re: TVC Or Channels? by deanly: 12:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
I like tvc than channel tv
Re: TVC Or Channels? by blank(f): 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2016
Channels is beginning to sound biased towards Buhari's govt.

I like TVC's coverage of the River's rerun election. Surprisingly quite fair.

1 Like

Re: TVC Or Channels? by aalangel(f): 12:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
When veteran Stella Din was training us in broadcasting, she refused to use both stations as benchmark. So, I won't go with any. But TVC is more biased for obvious reasons.

1 Like

Re: TVC Or Channels? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
TVC here we come
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
Two of them all, no bias news not pro govt no anti govt
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Iwonimi(m): 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
Channels na Baba but dey should cast out dat YEMISI IPAYE for reporting any news cos d girl can spoil language for d owner

Can anybody notice that,(THE ZOO)is about to fall?
Re: TVC Or Channels? by mamaafrik(m): 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
falconey:
OGTV
do u wana join us,news or programme,if u dey for facebook,twitter......,OGTV the people's telly
Re: TVC Or Channels? by gentlezypher: 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
Jacko01:
So i choose nta umuahia
even when its off for almost a year? mine is BCA
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Tvegas(m): 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
I will score TVC 78% while i score Channels 75% both of them are almost at par but TVC is seriously pulling ahead with innovative programs and different style of presenting. I must agree they are a bit in favor of APC but its a common practice in developed economies for example in USA FoxNews is Pro Republican while MSNBC is Pro Democratic party.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
Jacko01:
So i choose nta umuahia
John Momoh is Edo( channels)

1 Like

Re: TVC Or Channels? by duality(m): 12:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
This thread fell flat since people are not giving empirical reasons for their choices.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by ofwest: 12:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
TVC is now Nigeria's CNN,BBC and Aljazeera
Re: TVC Or Channels? by jaymichael(m): 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
sunshine1974:
Personally I still think Channels is the best TV station in the land. TVC for me seem to be too biased when analyzing issues.....what do u think?
Yes, TVC is richer and have better studio. CHANNELS is more objective.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2016
Re: TVC Or Channels? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
naptu2:

NTA Channel 7 was a community tv station (Channel 5 was for youths and Channel 10 for adults). Around half of their programmes were in yoruba language and the station was located in Tejuosho (channels 5 and 10 were both at Victoria Island).

Ben Murray-Bruce killed Channel 7 c2001. He said that there was no need for three NTA stations in Lagos. Channel 10 moved over to Tejuosho and the Tejuosho compound is also now the home of NTA's educational services and children's television workshop.

But states like Oyo, Ogun and Kogi have nothing less than three stations each. Oyo State, in particular, has four, in Ibadan, Oyo, Saki and Ogbomoso.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
tivta:
Continental broadcasting is the most biased media outfit in Nigeria, I am not surprised thou after all Tinubu owns it by proxy...
That is not true. DAAR Communications, owner of AIT and Raypower is. Listen to the political programmes on Raypower, you will be convinced.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
aalangel:
When veteran Stella Din was training us in broadcasting, she refused to use both stations as benchmark. So, I won't go with any. But TVC is more biased for obvious reasons.
Where has this Stella Din worked?
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Nuelstar(m): 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
CHANNELS
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 24, 2016
NinaMiliano:

Quite correct, I've noticed same too on Journalists' hangout even yesterday.... The Presenter is an APC sympathizer
With that attitude they might loose viewers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reminiscence: Checkmate the Popular Nigerian TV Soap Opera Series) / Bbnaija: 5 Reasons Why Tboss Will Most Likely Win - Segun Odejimi / Where Is TSTV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.