Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT (2190 Views)

Fayose On AIT: 'I Will Be VP Or President Of Nigeria', Shades Ali Modu Sheriff / Fayose Blasts Buhari, APC And Magu On AIT Today / PDP Mocks Dolapo Osinbajo For Agatu Visit & Donating Only 8 Bags Of Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by IdomaLikita: 11:54am On Mar 24, 2016
I think the Idomas are too conciliatory in their approach.
Kudos to Ordinary Ahmed.

4 Likes

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by IdomaLikita: 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2016
Conveners: Ordinary Ahmed and Paul Edeh(#SAKM,#OneIdomaInitiative)
Opponents: Chairman of Agatu People and Secretary of Miyetti Allah Cattle Rearers Association.
Observers from the Public, NEMA etc.
Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by babasolution: 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
The idoma are a weak n cowardly tribe

4 Likes

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by pet4ril(f): 12:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
:- embarassed
Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by lekkie073(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
E no go last.....d animals will always continue to be animals cool

1 Like

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by IdomaLikita: 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
babasolution:
Going by the actions of Paul Edeh today (kneeling down to beg the Fulanis to retreat from his fatherland is quite reprehensible) I would say you are not wrong in your assertion. Cowardly and weak!

9 Likes

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by Abagworo(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
babasolution:

One going for peace is the brave one IMHO. The important thing is to prevent recurrence while those directly involved are arrested and dealt with lawfully.

Being peaceful doesn't make Agatu or Idoma in general cowards.

2 Likes

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by Maisuya1: 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
I think there is more to the story than the media is reporting. I watched a clip on facebook where 4 humans were being beaten and burnt to death including a woman in the bush by a mob. The poster claimed it happened in Agatu and that those were fulanis being burnt and beating weeks before their incursion into Agatu. Now I cant verify that clip, but I expect our journalists to have gone all out to get the inside story of the Agatu incident (was it an unprovoked attack, was it a reprisal attack e.t.c).

If we really want to get to the bottom of this, then dialoge and not inciteful reporting is the way. The Fulanis may not have the social media to be reporting their part of the story the way the farming communities do, but that don't give them the right to take laws into their hand.

The media should also be fair in reporting not just the stories but putting them in its proper context. Because when all is said and done and the joutnalist are back in Abuja and Lagos, these two communities (farmers and nomards) still have to coexist and only through dialogue can they do that.

And finally, the Fulanis should be made to understand that they are not above the law (beacause they are gradually venturing into other criminal acts like robbery and kidnapping) and that facilitating dialogues is to avoid communual clashes, any other form of criminality will be met with the full wrath of the law.

3 Likes

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by naijapips02: 12:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
they have just sold their birthright. watch How these animals invade their land with impunity. The Fulani always pry on cowardice. ask the Yoruba kwarians

1 Like

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by kokoA(m): 12:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
babasolution:
Only a brave person forgives and forget. An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

1 Like

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by naijapips02: 12:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
kokoA:
Only a brave person forgives and forget. An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

you don't reason with an animal. you return fire for fire Or risk being annihilated. These don't don't understand peace.
Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by IdomaLikita: 12:48pm On Mar 24, 2016
It has ended abruptly after the mic was collected from the chairman, Miyetti Allah in Nassarawa who accused the Agatus of being cattle rustlers and extortionists hence justifying their murder. Lolzzzzzzz! Arrogance at its peak!
Paul Edeh doesn't speak for me!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by naijapips02: 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
IdomaLikita:
It has ended abruptly after the mic was collected from the chairman, Miyetti Allah in Nassarawa who accused the Agatus of being cattle rustlers and extortionists hence justifying their murder. Lolzzzzzzz! Arrogance at its peak!
Paul Edeh doesn't speak for me!

I say you don't meet this people with peace talks. It's useless reasoning with animals. if you show them that you are weak, they will ride you.
Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by IdomaLikita: 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
naijapips02:

I say you don't meet this people with peace talks. It's useless reasoning with animals. if you show them that you are weak, they will ride you.
I swear down. We never learn from history, their antecedents are some of the most documented in African history, yet we choose to jonse. Me no follow them abeg..Hardliner4Life
Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by Greenback: 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2016
Maisuya1:
I think there is more to the story than the media is reporting. I watched a clip on facebook where 4 humans were being beaten and burnt to death including a woman in the bush by a mob. The poster claimed it happened in Agatu and that those were fulanis being burnt and beating weeks before their incursion into Agatu. Now I cant verify that clip, but I expect our journalists to have gone all out to get the inside story of the Agatu incident (was it an unprovoked attack, was it a reprisal attack e.t.c).

If we really want to get to the bottom of this, then dialoge and not inciteful reporting is the way. The Fulanis may not have the social media to be reporting their part of the story the way the farming communities do, but that don't give them the right to take laws into their hand.

The media should also be fair in reporting not just the stories but putting them in its proper context. Because when all is said and done and the joutnalist are back in Abuja and Lagos, these two communities (farmers and nomards) still have to coexist and only through dialogue can they do that.

And finally, the Fulanis should be made to understand that they are not above the law (beacause they are gradually venturing into other criminal acts like robbery and kidnapping) and that facilitating dialogues is to avoid communual clashes, any other form of criminality will be met with the full wrath of the law.

bla bla bla
just like that,ba? Dialogue and everything is settled,including mass murderers set free? Not even a word about consficating their assault and ak47 riffles.

If it is unarmed and peaceful biafran surporters now,it wud be "kill them all".
God will descend on and judge u all.

5 Likes

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by HammerTheirPapa(f): 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
Anybody who begs fulanis for peace have invited them to either send his people into extinction or acculturate them.

In few years they will either be contesting for Governorship like they do in nothern yorubaland or you all will be killed.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by utytill(m): 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2016
Waiting to hear from Akume,Gemade and Ortom. Thier change agent is fulani.

1 Like

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by Nomswag: 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
SOME TRIBE ARE WEAK ....abi na women full there pass
Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by ElCount: 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
the fulani herdsmen are terrorists, the reason why they are not treated as such is beyond logic. How can you kill people for fun and rather than getting punished for it we are talking about negotiations. Buhari has not even condemned the acts of these guys like he should of course why would he they are his relations and family members from daura carrying out the plan of islamizing nigeria. Perhaps tomorrow we will be hearing emir of benue

1 Like

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by ProfessorPeter(m): 3:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
kokoA:
"resist the devil and he will flee from you" why is Plateau State calm now? Na operations kill Fulani anywhere and anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by hinwazaka: 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2016
Tomorrow, they will continue with their unholy jihad. Ortom will see craze, he will run for his dear life

2 Likes

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by IdomaLikita: 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
Anybody who begs fulanis for peace have invited them to either send his people into extinction or acculturate them.

In few years they will either be contesting for Governorship like they do in nothern yorubaland or you all will be killed.

I just weak.
Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by obailala(m): 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
IdomaLikita:

Going by the actions of Paul Edeh today (kneeling down to beg the Fulanis to retreat from his fatherland is quite reprehensible) I would say you are not wrong in your assertion. Cowardly and weak!
babasolution:
Seeking for peace is never a cowardly act.

1 Like

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by MansaMoussa: 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
obailala:
Seeking for peace is never a cowardly act.

I disagree sir. Peace without dignity is reserved only in cases of unconditional surrender or complete defeat. All evidence point at the Fulanis as the aggressors, yet it is the aggrieved that are seeking for peace. Soon the Fulanis will give their terms for peace as the following:
1. Ceding of all lands along the Benue river to the herdsmen for grazing.

2. Payment of yearly tribute of 100000tubers of yam.

3. Provision of Idoma women to meet the Conjugal needs of Fulani herdsmen.

Then the PEACE LOVING Idomas will embrace these terms for peace to reign since they lack men.

Imagine a grown ass man kneeling down on TV to beg an aggressor to vacate his land...God forbid some things!
What message is he passing across to his children? To beg for mercy when their rights are trample upon instead of standing their ground.
Tufiakwa!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by Lusola15: 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
Observing
Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by HammerTheirPapa(f): 7:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
MansaMoussa:

I disagree sir. Peace without dignity is reserved only in cases of unconditional surrender or complete defeat. All evidence point at the Fulanis as the aggressors, yet it is the aggrieved that are seeking for peace. Soon the Fulanis will give their terms for peace as the following:
1. Ceding of all lands along the Benue river to the herdsmen for grazing.

2. Payment of yearly tribute of 100000tubers of yam.

3. Provision of Idoma women to meet the Conjugal needs of Fulani herdsmen.

Then the PEACE LOVING Idomas will embrace these terms for peace to reign since they lack men.

Imagine a grown ass man kneeling down on TV to beg an aggressor to vacate his land...God forbid some things!
What message is he passing across to his children? To beg for mercy when their rights are trample upon instead of standing their ground.
Tufiakwa!

This was how they conquered our land in kwara, today Islam is more respected than yoruba culture in kwara. Yoruba traditionalists and christians are seen as heathens in Kwara. Even Oyedepo a native kwaran doesn't feel safe in his home state. It's a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
. Chai. They literally had to beg. Hay! I've seen things.
Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
MansaMoussa:

Imagine a grown ass man kneeling down on TV to beg an aggressor to vacate his land...God forbid some things!....
. God forbid o. The man's action sends chills down the spine...
Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by IdomaLikita: 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
SlayerReborn:

. God forbid o. The man's action sends chills down the spine...

Guy! I have never felt more humiliated in my life. After leaving my Job to travel from Abuja to Apa and Agatu with my relief supplies bought with my meagre salary, drumming up support for Agatu people, only for some Guy to be carried away by Sensationalism and kneel down before the Leaders of the 4th Deadliest Terrorist group in the world to beg for peace. How can I ever explain this to my son in future?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by Ecoplexus: 9:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
It is very pathetic to beg the Fulanis, peace can never reign when mutual respect is lacking. The Agatu peeps have just sold their respect to the ever aggressive Fulanis.

2 Likes

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by idupaul: 9:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
Maisuya1:

Did that place look like Nigeria to U ? Did those people look like Fulanis to U....it happened in some other African country in 2013

1 Like

Re: Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT by idupaul: 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
babasolution:

Idomas are only tough against one another it seems

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 10 Biggest Oil Refining Countries Compared With Nigeria / Amazing Footage Of A British Family Trapped In Biafra During The Civil War !!!!! / Ongoing Construction Of Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.