Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

QUESTION: How To Pay Tax On A Limited Company (LTD) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / QUESTION: How To Pay Tax On A Limited Company (LTD) (564 Views)

Business Name, Limited Company And Incorporation Trustee Registration In 3 Weeks / Business Name Vs Limited Company - Which Should You Register? / Dealers Of Abb Products In Lagos Nigeria - Uche Cee Technical Company Ltd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

QUESTION: How To Pay Tax On A Limited Company (LTD) by edmasta01: 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
I registered a LTD for a publishing business 3 years ago. Ever since then, I kept the document without trading.

Last year 2015, I decided I was going to start business, so I approached the tax office to obtain a TIN. I know you get a grace period to register which thereafter, you have to pay penalty.

After haggling with a tax official for quite a while, I was able to obtain a TIN back in July 2015. When filling my form, I chose the 31st December as company end of the year tax year.

Anyway, I didn't do any trade last year, so there was ZERO income for the business.

Does anyone know if I need to still file for tax despite having zero income?

I plan on starting business proper and doing some trade starting the end of March, so want to put all books in place before starting. Anyone with experience on this do kindly help.

NOTE: I did check on Google, but not much information specific to this issue. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Samsu Oil Is Here / Nigeria Must Not Be Consumer Market For Chinese Products — Buhari / Naira Exchange Rate Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.