Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,775 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund (6546 Views)

Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana / Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off / Saudi Prince Flies With His 80 Hawks After Buying Air-flight Tickets For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund by naijacutee(f): 12:20am On Mar 25, 2016
**Disclaimer: I neither work for, nor own a competing airline. I'm not being paid to do this either. However, I do feel that that we as consumers have a huge role to play in setting the standards of service we deem acceptable for businesses to operate by, especially if the said businesses rely on our patronage to stay in business. **

A couple of weeks ago, I made the unfortunate decision of booking a flight with an airline which shall hitherto remain nameless (but rhymes with "Barbaric"wink. Stay with me till the end of the post to find plenty of clues as to the identity of the said airline.

At the airport, I had two choices: Take the 12.30 flight for about ₦21,000 or wait a couple of hours and fly Air Peace for ₦3,000 less. Being in a hurry to get to my destination, I decided to pay the ₦3,000 extra to fly Babaric on the basis that I would arrive in 50 minutes and continue with my business in the destination city. BIG MISTAKE, as I was soon to find out.

Just as it was time to board, a tired sounding member of staff hurriedly announced that the flight I paid ₦3,000 extra to board was being delayed by 2 hours. Okay. 2 hours later, as I watched the last of the Air Peace passengers disappear from the boarding queue, and we were still not boarding. I clenched my fists. After all, I bought the ticket myself, no one had forced me.

FOUR HOURS after our flight was supposed to depart, we were called to board. Fuming, I boarded the flight, and the captain cheerily greeted us with "We will be stopping at Port-Harcourt to by fuel before proceeding..." I'd had enough. Swearing, I stormed off the flight, back to the ticket counter and demanded a refund. Very apologetically, she promised I would get one. One week, two weeks, nothing. I had to take matters into my hands. It took a series of steps to get a refund (and an apology) and if you want to save yourself some headache, internet data and unproductive phone calls, here are the steps I took below:

- Step 1: Put your request in writing. Write your experience and complaints to the customer care service, and then indicate that you are giving them 7 days to respond to your letter, or you will take the matter further. If you have taken note of any members of your staff who might have been involved (like the sales clerk who might have promised a refund, for example), mention them. I can help with a template, but I don't want to waste my time preparing one if you won't find it useful, so please indicate in the comments section if you would find a template helpful.

In the case of Babaric, the complaints team you should write to is:

arik.refunds@arikair.com

Prepare your mind. Think of this as a project, and the end goal is your money back. Don't expect an immediate response at any stage, so keep working on your Plan B's.

- Step 2: If at the end of the 7 day period there has been no response, take it further and write again to the e-mail above. Begin your email with: "Further to my email dated DDMMYYYY, I have not received a response within the 7 day period and I have been forced to take this matter further.."

Copy senior staff members, as well as the Consumer Protection Council.

Here are Barbaric's key emails:

Abiola Shodiya <abiola.shodiya@arikair.com>
Prince Ahuchaogu <Prince.Ahuchaogu@arikair.com>

Louis Okonye <Louis.Okonye@arikair.com>

Michael.Arumemi-Ikhide@arikair.com,
Michael.Arumemi@arikair.com,
Michael.Ikhide@arikair.com,

Copy the CPC: cpc contact@cpc.gov.ng

- Step 3: If after another 7 days, you have heard nothing, submit a direct complaint to the CPC. 99% of consumers would have heard back by now, but in the unlikely event that you have not heard anything, submit a direct complete to the CPC who has the right to sanction the airlines and make them pay.

Here is the direct link for complaints: http://cpc.gov.ng/?page_id=911

These steps will almost certainly work for you as they have worked for me.

All the best, and please share your experiences in the comments section!

Source: http://www.mrpepe.com/service-reports/how-to-successfully-get-a-refund-from-arik-for-a-missed-flight/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund by Fr33born(m): 12:25am On Mar 25, 2016
Ok sir. We must get our money back o.
Re: Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 25, 2016
hand for up
Re: Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund by Flexherbal(m): 4:58am On Mar 25, 2016
Money should be refunded if services are not rendered. Treat customers well.

2 Likes

Re: Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund by chukxie(m): 6:18am On Mar 25, 2016
Very incisive article. Thanks for sharing. This is a very useful article which I hope would make front page.
Re: Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund by naijacutee(f): 4:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thanks!
Re: Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund by abdussalam(m): 7:13am On Mar 26, 2016
Rather than flying Arik on a local flight, try alternative airlines. Arik's poor customer satisfaction show should be looked into by the authorities. They need to be sanctioned.
Re: Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund by naijacutee(f): 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
abdussalam:
Rather than flying Arik on a local flight, try alternative airlines. Arik's poor customer satisfaction show should be looked into by the authorities. They need to be sanctioned.

I agree! There are so many alternative airlines out there, it isn't even worth the hassle. I researched and found the various ticket prices from Lagos to Abuja as a guide to flight prices per airline.

Here's a post on how to save money on bookings: http://www.mrpepe.com/personal-finance/how-to-book-the-cheapest-flight-fares-from-lagos-to-abuja/

Re: Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund by gistcity(m): 2:33am On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund by Dharmyye(f): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2021
Please how can I get my refund back from arik air
Have sent mail to the mail given twice but not response.
Please I need assistance on how to go about it
Re: Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund by aieromon(m): 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2021
Dharmyye:
Please how can I get my refund back from arik air
Have sent mail to the mail given twice but not response.
Please I need assistance on how to go about it

callcentre@arikair.com
arikrefunds@arikair.com
talktous@arikair.com

Make sure you copy all daily until you get a response from the Refunds Unit

Refunds Unit 08077791310 - I never got through

The Refunds Unit will share a form to complete and return. According to the form, refund is supposed to take a minimum of 40 working days to be completed. Mine took 6 months!

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Things About Monaco / Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa / Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.