Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,100 members, 7,825,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist (6566 Views)

Nigeria Excluded From List Of UK Fast Track Visa Partners / South Africa Issues Travel Ban On Ebola-hit Countries, Nigeria Excluded / French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by miteolu(m): 9:34am On Jul 20, 2012
Worried by aviation safety in Africa, the European Union has continued to expand its list of African airlines that are not permitted to operate into its airspace.

The new list has 284 airlines from 24 countries worldwide currently barred from flying into Europe. Out of the 24 countries worldwide with airlines on the banned list, 17 of them or over 70 per cent are from Africa. This means that about a third of all African countries are on the banned list.

But the good news is that no Nigerian airline featured on the list, which observers had described as image damaging.

Top on the list in Africa is Democratic Republic of Congo with 36 carriers, while Sudan has 14 and Mozambique and Angola had 13 each.

Others are Sao Tome and Principe 10, Benin Republic 8, Gabon 7, Sierra Leone 7, Republic of Congo 5, Ghana 1, Rwanda 1, Djibouti 1, Zambia 1, and Mauritania1.

The new list, which was published in April this year, was the subject of debate at the on-going International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) African Ministerial Meeting on Aviation Safety taking place in Abuja.

Experts are curious that currently, no African country had ever been removed from the list even as they insisted that there had been general improvement of aviation safety on the continent, adding that a number of countries on the list had rectified several safety deficiencies identified through ICAO audits.

They accused EU of including many African carriers on the list to expand their operations into the continent, just as they admitted that the continent’s carriers still needed to maintain high aviation safety and work towards exiting the list.

http://news.naij.com/3286.html
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by henrychubayo: 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2012
This is good news. At least, it shows that our aviation sector has improved dramatically. I only hope we can reciprocate these locally in nigeria. Hearing such good news makes ppl traveling to stay at ease in the aircraft. Please we need more of such good news and i beg our ppl hear not to always criticize good news like these. It gladings my hat to hear good things happening to nigeria
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by mikolo08(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2012
miteolu: Worried by aviation safety in Africa, the European Union has continued to expand its list of African airlines that are not permitted to operate into its airspace.

The new list has 284 airlines from 24 countries worldwide currently barred from flying into Europe. Out of the 24 countries worldwide with airlines on the banned list, 17 of them or over 70 per cent are from Africa. This means that about a third of all African countries are on the banned list.

But the good news is that no Nigerian airline featured on the list, which observers had described as image damaging.

Top on the list in Africa is Democratic Republic of Congo with 36 carriers, while Sudan has 14 and Mozambique and Angola had 13 each.

Others are Sao Tome and Principe 10, Benin Republic 8, Gabon 7, Sierra Leone 7, Republic of Congo 5, Ghana 1, Rwanda 1, Djibouti 1, Zambia 1, and Mauritania1.

The new list, which was published in April this year, was the subject of debate at the on-going International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) African Ministerial Meeting on Aviation Safety taking place in Abuja.

Experts are curious that currently, no African country had ever been removed from the list even as they insisted that there had been general improvement of aviation safety on the continent, adding that a number of countries on the list had rectified several safety deficiencies identified through ICAO audits.

They accused EU of including many African carriers on the list to expand their operations into the continent, just as they admitted that the continent’s carriers still needed to maintain high aviation safety and work towards exiting the list.

http://news.naij.com/3286.html

This list is so bogus,the EU and Naij.com should keep quiet. How can the Congo Dr have 36 Air carriers?,even if you add the two Congo together they don't have up to 20 Airliners. The same goes to the rest,Some even have 1 Airline operating in the country,not to talk of flying the EU Airspace.They should park well joor!!!.
www.planespotters.net/Airline/Country/ for more Info.

Soft.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by timmy1999(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2012
OLD NEWS..
Make I light my cigar d weather cold coolOLD NEWS..
Make I light my cigar d weather cold
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by Ekans: 10:54am On Jul 22, 2012
Mikolo.007 must you re-quote the whole post again?.Why is it that most naira landers are so daft?.
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 22, 2012
After looting Africa via Colonialism and trade imbalances, Africa is still ousted from Economic growth in the name of "Standard Procedure"; Africa will remain perceptually the slave of the so called "advanced races" unless we stop globe trotting to the West. We need to put our ass down and advance Africa.
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 22, 2012
http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/list_en.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_air_carriers_banned_in_the_European_Union

the document was published in april

its getting coverage now after dana and ariks close calls

looks like a desperate whitewash job for madam minister

btw, how many intercontinental airlines does nigeria have?
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by waja(m): 11:06am On Jul 22, 2012
Good news, Dana air for want tarnish our Image.
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by olumidazz: 11:28am On Jul 22, 2012
Na lie naija don go bribe them make them no include our airlines for the list, in this regard that report of those safe airlines in not credible and should therefore be disregarded. haaaaa ask lawan and otedola.
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by Mckayla: 11:44am On Jul 22, 2012
Nigeria in not on the list because our airlines don't fly to Europe, if they did, they would be on the list.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by StarrMatthieu: 11:45am On Jul 22, 2012
Well
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by ifihearam: 11:48am On Jul 22, 2012
Why won't they exclude nigeria,when they make kool cash frm naija,the amount they make daily from naija equals what they make in every other african country na. Una tink say dem be mugu? Upon all the crashes upon crashes.
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by Tinyemeka(m): 11:59am On Jul 22, 2012
mikolo.007:

This list is so bogus,the EU and Naij.com should keep quiet. How can the Congo Dr have 36 Air carriers?,even if you add the two Congo together they don't have up to 20 Airliners. The same goes to the rest,Some even have 1 Airline operating in the country,not to talk of flying the EU Airspace.They should park well joor!!!.
www.planespotters.net/Airline/Country/ for more Info.

Soft.

Hmm. Nigeria doesn't even have half that number of airlines quoted for DRC. I wonder how the list was compiled.
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by Judeoxide(m): 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
can you pls imagin how nigerians reson??we are not in d list..is dat not a good new??nd some unreasonable and usless naira landers are still fixin nigeria on d list.had it been we are on d list den day will balance nd criticis us..ghana is dia nd i have not seen any ghanian making any cument on it..like i formerly siad onless we d citizes change even if d government change we will still have problems...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by ebamma(m): 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
wetin concern me for dia,next topic please
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by boyendowed(m): 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
Look at the way they said no Nigerian airline was listed as if any flies to Europe apart from Arik
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by Ashawoboi: 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2012
Afta d quanta wit BA n SA, Dem no want play with us, ODUAH go surely reciprocate!
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by ceejay80s(m): 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2012
Judeoxide: can you pls imagin how nigerians reson??we are not in d list..is dat not a good new??nd some unreasonable and usless naira landers are still fixin nigeria on d list.had it been we are on d list den day will balance nd criticis us..ghana is dia nd i have not seen any ghanian making any cument on it..like i formerly siad onless we d citizes change even if d government change we will still have problems...
guy try and improve, i don almost blind say i dey read ur post! Na by force to write in english?
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by hammedkola(m): 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2012
Ekans: Mikolo.007 must you re-quote the whole post again?.Why is it that most naira landers are so daft?.

Not that some NLers are daft, but they don't know how to quote the exact line they want from the original post
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
Okay
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by ikachi1: 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2012
What do you guys think would have happened if they extended the ban to Niger airlines? Going by the volume of transportation business that goes on in Niger, there would have been sure reciprocation of their unkind gesture from our Niger side. Trust Oyibos! They think outside the box most of the time. In diplomacy, there are no permanent friends but permanent interest.
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by Enlightened1: 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2012
Lol lame post... Should be sent to the dumpster smiley

I am going to the Religion section, that section remains the best, highly educative. I learn new interesting things every day.

Black is Beauty,Pride and Royalty. No matter how the corrupt white supremacist race try to twist fact and history to make us feel inferior. We African will resist and will fight collectively for the unification of Africa and our common wealth.

Long live Africa,
Long live NL & Nlander
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by Ninilowo(m): 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2012
It is only d local aircrafts that are flying coffins not the ones f.lying international routes
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by otokx(m): 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2012
Is Egypt there? Is Ethiopia there? Is Kenya there? Is South Africa there? Why should Nigeria be there?
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by Elueme: 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
I would have been surprised if any of our carrier is on the list.. We have met the criteria for a world class aviation safety and standard.. ANOTHER GEJ WORLD CLASS ACHIEVEMENT O.. Though some are looking for the ones they have commissioned, lack of insight, lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by adamscuti(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2012
henrychubayo: This is good news. At least, it shows that our aviation sector has improved dramatically. I only hope we can reciprocate these locally in nigeria. Hearing such good news makes ppl traveling to stay at ease in the aircraft. Please we need more of such good news and i beg our ppl hear not to always criticize good news like these. It gladings my hat to hear good things happening to nigeria
hahahaha even ghana d their my brother upon all d mouth were their d make mtcheeeew jor.back 2 serious matter,it is a very good develop and we can proudly say our avaition sector has improved alot and we are far above d likes of small ghana and d rest.pls ghana pple dnt b offended bt is d truth.THUMBS UP 9JA TILL I DIE!
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by Abrantie: 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
Ghana doesn't even have an international airline. That list I think includes past international airlines of the countries. That may explain DRC's huge number of planes, but that's still a large number of planes for DRC.
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by OmoTier1(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2012
What a way by the EU to get their home state airlines to continue to dominate the Africa skies! Instead of banning these airliners from flying into Europe, how about setting up a fund that can help them get new planes or lease fairly new ones
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by kelvinnn(m): 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
I see that omission as a miracle....
Re: Nigeria Excluded In EU Airline Blacklist by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
Mckayla: Nigeria in not on the list because our airlines don't fly to Europe, if they did, they would be on the list.

Arik Air flies to Europe so please keep your mouth closed. angry

(1) (Reply)

Ghana For My Honeymoon / Here's The Easiest Way To Chase An Arik Air Flight Refund / Water Transportation: Lagos Govt Assures Local Boats Manufacturers Of Patronage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.