Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why (1147 Views)

Enugu Teachers Back Governor Ugwuanyi's Second Tenure / 2019: Apc Nec Fails To Endorse President Buhari / Aregbesola Yet To Appoint Cabinet Two Years Into Second Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why by Lenny5k: 1:42am On Mar 25, 2016
Nigeria’s former opposition party APC, which is now the dominant party has said that there will be no vacancy in the Presidency in 2019. The members of the National Caucus of the All Progressives Congress, APC, declared on Tuesday night in a seeming lure to President Muhammadu Buhari to seek a second term. The national caucus, comprising serving and former governors, the National Assembly leadership, and selected members of the national executive of the party, at the meeting said the endorsement of President Buhari for a second term would help to stabilize the polity in the face of what members described as the 16-year rot inherited from Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The caucus has constituted a committee to resolve all pending issues in the party. One of the issues agreed on at the meeting, was that President Buhari should be given opportunity to seek a second term. Though the issue of a second term for the President was generally agreed, caucus members, however, also agreed that it would be too early in the day to kick start a second term campaign for the President.

This particular issue was brought up as a way of resting restiveness among some party leaders, who have been divided over their various aspirations for 2019. The positioning by different party leaders on 2019 has been blamed for the problems that led to the crisis in the National Assembly and also the inability of the party to inaugurate its Board of Trustees till date. “With Buhari contesting in 2019, those who have been squabbling will now have to queue up behind him and put the interest of the party ahead,” a source privy to the development revealed. Also Leading senators in the party on Tuesday night met in Abuja where they also pledged to unify themselves in the face of the prospect of losing their influence to the more united PDP caucus.
more: http://.com/2016/03/24/breaking-apc-endorse-president-buhari-for-a-second-tenure-see-why/

Re: Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why by HungerBAD: 1:43am On Mar 25, 2016
Nice.

No need for too much "GRAMMAR"

Very Nice.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why by freeze001(f): 1:56am On Mar 25, 2016
Sixteen year rot...from where? The rot has been from way back, started from the day some drunken oaf deemed it fit to lump completely different nations under one name. It has been perpetuated by all persons who have run d Nigerian govt in any capacity. It is beyond political party and predecessor blames...

The current Nigerian structure is rigged to fail and breed monumental corruption while at it. If serious efforts are not made to see ds geographical expression have autonomous federating units contributing to the centre with those units sourcing and controlling their resources, no amount of corruption fight will work. It is important to first address and kill d breeding ground otherwise all efforts are mere exercises in futility.

Endorsing Buhari or any other person for 2019 is not what this country needs. She needs a new lease of life! Otherwise the same cycle of corruption, insecurity, restiveness et al will keep repeating itself.
Re: Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why by acenazt: 2:39am On Mar 25, 2016
Hmmmm. Lets watch n see his actions before this tenure ends. I bliv his actions will tell us how to vote next time.
Re: Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why by Tranquill: 2:57am On Mar 25, 2016
acenazt:
Hmmmm. Lets watch n see his actions before this tenure ends. I bliv his actions will tell us how to vote next time.

What makes you think your vote will count "next time"
Re: Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why by acenazt: 3:08am On Mar 25, 2016
Tranquill:

What makes you think your vote will count "next time"
i didnt say my if you read well i said our which is collective

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why by Tranquill: 3:28am On Mar 25, 2016
acenazt:
i didnt say my if you read well i said our which is collective

Yes and I am saying that with all the indices shown by INEC, the desperation and deception of the people now in power, I do not see how people's vote will count in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why by vega84(m): 3:33am On Mar 25, 2016
Some times am ashamed to be a black man, cos most times it seems our brains are made of black charcoal, come to think of it, Pmb has been in power less than one year nw,and if we must tell ourselves the truth he has performed below expect ions @least fr nw! Pls what moral justification does any individual hav to talk abt second term? Second term! When the 1st has jst started! Mstchewwwww! Pls let's finish wit the 1st b4 the second u stupid n selfish motherfvkers! #vegatalks

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why by ibedun: 4:25am On Mar 25, 2016
vega84:
Some times am ashamed to be a black man, cos most times it seems our brains are made of black charcoal, come to think of it, Pmb has been in power less than one year nw,and if we must tell ourselves the truth he has performed below expect ions @least fr nw! Pls what moral justification does any individual hav to talk abt second term? Second term! When the 1st has jst started! Mstchewwwww! Pls let's finish wit the 1st b4 the second u stupid n alsassselfish motherfvkers! #vegatalks

Stop getting emotional, mumu. Buhari will rule you and your father for life. 2nd term for sure.
Re: Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 25, 2016
Only a fool, only psychiatric patients will think in his mind that Buhari will lead for just 4years. Either Buhari perform well or not...
Re: Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why by Mynd44: 4:38am On Mar 25, 2016

(1)

How Much Is A Litter Of Petrol In Your Area Today? / m / Glad The General Is Ruling The Land In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.