Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

What Is The Best Time To Publish Blog Posts? - Blogtyrant. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Best Time To Publish Blog Posts? - Blogtyrant. (839 Views)

10 Tips To Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts / 21 SEO Tips To Boost Your Blog Posts On The Search Engine [Infographic] / On-page SEO: 10 Techniques To Optimize Your Blog Posts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Time To Publish Blog Posts? - Blogtyrant. by klashe(m): 2:48am On Mar 25, 2016
Did you know that that time of day that you publish your blog post articles has a big impact on how well they do on social media, how many comments they get and how many people actually read it?

Yep, the time of day and the day of the week are important parts of your blog posting strategy.

In this post I am going to you when you should post for maximum benefit.

It is actually much more important than you might think.

The best time to publish blog articles
Over the years I have experimented with so many different combinations in regard to the best time of day and the best day of the week to publish blog articles.

What you have to realize is that it doesn’t always work.

Sometimes you will write an amazing post and publish it on a Friday and still see it go viral. Sometimes your posts published at the optimal time will do nothing. Posting at the best times is like giving the article a helping hand, its not an actual traffic strategy.

The best days of the week to post

The best day’s of the week to post your blog articles are Tuesday and Wednesday. I have had dozens of websites and blogs and across all niches it seems that the most traffic is around on a Wednesday followed closely by a Tuesday. I think this has a lot to do with people being at work and bored and looking for something else to do midweek.

The best time of day to post

The best time to publish your blog posts, for most blogs, is between 9:30am and 11am USA East Coast time.

This is the time when most people are online or about to come online. The reasons I post at 9:30am and no 9:00am is because at the earlier time people are still reading all their other feeds and emails. I want my post to appear while the are online, I don’t want it to be there when they turn on the computer.

If your blog is about entertainment or provides some sort of entertaining content you will also find that posting towards the end of the East Coast work day does quite well. By that time most people are finished working and are on Facebook sharing videos, funny cat pictures and so on.

Please make sure you test your own blog posting schedule as every niche and blog topic varies little bits here and there.

Social media traction

One of the reasons you need to publish at these times is because it is essential for gaining social media traction. Some bookmarking websites like Delicious.com (which I hit the front page for) and Digg.com require a certain number of bookmarks in a short space of time to gain traction. If you publish while everyone is asleep you miss out on this traffic in a big way.

What do you think?

In my experience these times are the best for posting. That being said, I’m sure there are other opinions out there. Please leave a comment and let me know when you publish your blog articles and why. Do you notice differences in traffic and social media uptake at different times? I’d love to know.
Re: What Is The Best Time To Publish Blog Posts? - Blogtyrant. by ajasay3030(m): 8:05pm On May 05, 2023
While you can easily generate more traffic with daily blogging, not everyone has the time and resources to blog everyday.

However, no matter how busy you are, try and add a blog post to your website every week.

https://writeseoblogs.com/how-often-to-blog-for-seo-daily-or-weekly/

Here is another guide on how long your blog posts should be for SEO:

https://writeseoblogs.com/how-long-should-a-blog-post-be-for-seo-what-works-for-us/

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Blogger Or Webmaster? You're Missing A Lot If You're Not Here. / How Can I Earn Money From Posting Tutorial Video On YOUTUBE / Search Engine Optimization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.