Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,605 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? (4564 Views)

See The Official State Cars Of Some Of The World's Most Powerful People / Bow To Russia, The Most Powerful Military On Earth [PHOTOS] / The Most Powerful Country In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by ATERI(m): 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
NaijaTalkTown:
In all honesty, USA is still the most powerful both militarily and economically, though it's military parity with Russia's is almost the same. And I see Russia overtaking the USA in the next decade.

Economically I think the US scam is still fetching them enough real monies in exchange for worthless dollars. But China has the largest economy in the world right now though this does not necessarily transform into power. Russia on the other hand do have a great potential to become the economic powerhouse of the world. However, the Russians have chosen not to make an aggressive push of their economy but rather will take a slow and steady route to maximize their potentials just as they are doing with their military.

I don`t know whether it`s a mistake you are making inadvertently or that is what you really mean to say that, Russia is close to the US militarily. Truth is, no other country in the world is close to America when it comes to the military. In fact, America is responsible for almost 40% of the world`s military expenditure, so no-one comes close. It is in economy that China is very close to the USA and everything points to the fact that China would soon become the largest economy in the world. Some people actually believe they are already at par.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by ATERI(m): 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
Tkester2:
In all honesty, I believe America is the most powerful country in the world. America is a blessed land, the land of the brave and home of the free. America is blessed in all measures, in terms of economic power and political influence America comes first, second and third. However, In terms of Military power I will want to give it to the Russians.

But I think the major area of discourse in this trying times is; can America wield such powers in an emerging multi-polar world? for me, I think with the likes Of Vladimir Putin that will be more of a herculean task for America to wield such influence than at anytime during their nationhood

What you said here go a long way in buttressing the point I was making earlier with ogechieku. The reason why you see Russia as a direct threat to America is because of the mentality and personality of Putin. Ask yourself what used to happen to Russia under Yeltsin. I remember an incident during the Kosovo-Albanian war when Yeltsin deployed troops only to be reminded of what that could do to the funds he was expecting from IMF. He quickly withdrew. It`s still the same Russia with a different leader. A leader`s mentality matters. Russia is not close to America when it comes to their military capabilities.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
ATERI:

But how do you think America sees China right now, notwithstanding China`s passive nature?
How she sees china carries 10% of importance while the remaining 90% is exacly what china is. What china is gives china strenght more than what anybody thinks she is. However, it is economically clear that a leader even in business will do every possible think to make sure she is not overthrown.
Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 30, 2016
ATERI:

I don`t know whether it`s a mistake you are making inadvertently or that is what you really mean to say that, Russia is close to the US militarily. Truth is, no other country in the world is close to America when it comes to the military. In fact, America is responsible for almost 40% of the world`s military expenditure, so no-one comes close. It is in economy that China is very close to the USA and everything points to the fact that China would soon become the largest economy in the world. Some people actually believe they are already at par.
Military expenditure does not necessarily translate into military might. It is a known fact that Russia's Amarta T-14 armoured tank is the best tank so far. The S-400 is the best defense system so far. Russia has the largest submarine in the world. Russia is number one when it comes to ECM development. Russian troops are the most battle ready troops in the world at the moment. The $400USD F-35 Jet is yet to be completed up till today and it has already been declared to be a flop. Two days ago, the Pentagon admitted that the US is behind Russia in terms of reconnaissance. What the US could not achieve in Syria in 4 years, Russia achieved in 6 months. The only reason why I said Russia is on parity with US militarily is because of their "reach difference". The US has over 400 military bases across the globe which gives it the advantage of hitting faster. That does not mean the Russians do not have reach too. In fact, Russia can reach anywhere on our planet. All it takes is a sub and a missile but the closer to the target, the better, which is the one advantage US has over Russia but in a full blown out war, The whole world against Russia cannot defeat Russia. Russia has over 10,000 nukes in their arsenal and its military doctrine permits first strike.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 30, 2016
ATERI:

Russia is not close to America when it comes to their military capabilities.
You have erred! Now, seek forgiveness from the Lord. grin
Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 30, 2016
NaijaTalkTown:

The whole world against Russia cannot defeat Russia. Russia has over 10,000 nukes in their arsenal and its military doctrine permits first strike.

I like you already! grin

Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 30, 2016
ATERI:

What you said here go a long way in buttressing the point I was making earlier with ogechieku. The reason why you see Russia as a direct threat to America is because of the mentality and personality of Putin. Ask yourself what used to happen to Russia under Yeltsin. I remember an incident during the Kosovo-Albanian war when Yeltsin deployed troops only to be reminded of what that could do to the funds he was expecting from IMF. He quickly withdrew. It`s still the same Russia with a different leader. A leader`s mentality matters. Russia is not close to America when it comes to their military capabilities.

ATERI, I like your reasoning, thankfully you don't reason like some idiots on nairaland, most especially miss89 and Luscabalo.

back to the matter, Military strength is not always measured by military Budget. You know the US has a lot of money to throw around and that is why they have over 500 bases world wide. So it is logical for them to maintain such bogus military budget. Also, there is a lot of corruption within the US military industrial complex, I may even safely assume that the US MIC is the most corrupt entity in the world. However, I believe one clear way to measure the military strength of the US and Russia is to look into decades of their proxy wars and see who is winning.

Russia's decapitation of US forces in Syria and Ukraine is a testament that the Ruskies have better machines than big brother. Unknown to many, the US supplied military equipment to the FSA even some US military officers fought along side with the FSA and guess what, they all got smacked by Putin's air power, and I tell you the same thing happened in Ukraine.

Well, we may never be sure who has more capabilities despite the seemingly evidence that Russia has more until they both engage themselves in an all out war.
Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by scully95: 3:15am On Mar 30, 2016
After reading everything and all the comments on here about who is powerful and who is not powerful.

The answer is very simple. America is not the most powerful and has never been. What we have seen after 2nd world war is nothing but U.S cowardice.

Being a coward does not mean you are powerful militarily. In history of all American wars usually with less armed countries.. It has never faced any country as powerful as Russia.

That alone makes U.S look like a petty military Bully. (Point number 1)

Point 2:

The Fiat regime - Now many people do not understand that the Fiat regime has made the real hardworking people look like poor people while those with maximum credit look like rich people.. In other words, Credit means you are rich, while not having massive credit or just running on capitals and getting good ROI for your cost effective service or product means you re poor.

Now this is what had made U.S look big and made it Bugget also big, defense bugget as well. Running on massive credit and the regime they want to continue or to save cos.. Once Dollar is out, War with less armed countries is being taken care of like Syria..

The fiat regime will all collasp and it will mean the collasp of an empty economy..

So when people say Biggest economy... base on what ?What is backing it ?? Useless wars with less armed nations ??

ANd because of this FIaT regime, they need to beat both Russia and CHina.. Is it possible ? Again how, by pushing puppets to encircle Russia and China.. lol. Again another cawardice method employed by the same emty vessels who pronouced itself and even boast about it, as the most powerful. Being powerful is not by attacking. It's by deffending. And even in their brainwash, they say the best form of deffense is to attack.. Total brainwash and opposite to entire real world.

"And nothing has shaped their Empire more than the FIAT. The deformation began in 1971, when the US imposed her Power to re-define the rules of the monetary system for her sole benefit. The ability to print IOU’s in exchange for real value is more clever than theft as we borrow and do not pay back in kind due to inflation. Our enemies, adversaries and vassals must found their financial systems upon the printed dollar which they must purchase with hard earned money. That seizure has financed a vast network of military bases, bribery, assassinations, coup d´états and perpetual war."

Let’s begin by appreciating that the global “FIAT system” is responsible for our moral crisis and departure from virtue. As we embrace further the gods of greed – listen to the masses cheer for Clinton and Trump – we must recall that virtue is knowledge of what is good. We are getting weak because we have forgotten what is good for us.

The root of this evil is our love of easy money, or FIAT money, defined by those with power as “wealth by decree” which places an arbitrary value upon “wealth issued by men” such that buying power has no natural governor, as it did when gold was freely traded along currencies in truly free markets. But whom, may we ask, has the power to decree wealth? And with such great power to do so, who can be trusted with such great responsibility?

No one. That is who.
But nonetheless, governments and monarchies throughout the ages have been entrusted to issue wealth by decree. All have failed, because power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

So in every FIAT timeline we see the more powerful become wealthier and the wealthy become more powerful, because it is they who control the issuance and distribution of wealth. Inequality of Wealth, therefore, always reaches its peak at the end of the FIAT timeline. As social position offers more favours than purpose and production. What has happened is what always happens – you have a system politicized to such an extent that political access – and not profits from innovative new solutions – Become the core of the incentive structure.

Notice how productivity declined after Bretton Woods and later when Bretton Woods was abandoned. One of the problems of easy money, not the only one mind you, is the financialization of the economy. Financialization drains key human capital and generates malinvestment. Nuclear engineers are doing MBA’s so that they can work as investment bankers! Trillions of dollars have been invested in real estate developments that provide no productivity gains. Easy money kept fracking companies alive –producing an endless glut of gas that had nowhere to go but heat tar sands in Canada – what waste!

This is the real economic evil of our current monetary system – malinvestment – with two insidious effects:
A halt in fundamental scientific breakthroughs and

The West, apart from Germany and Norway, has run at a loss for decades
If the common man had a say in all this, he would declare his modest holdings to be the pinnacle of wealth, by his decree. He will offer you his apartment for your mansion, his hot dog for your lobster, his bike for your car and so forth. If this sounds ridiculous, then think how absurd it is to offer stacks of paper for these same items, which (based upon the numbers and signatures printed upon them) you would gladly accept, by decree.
- See more at: http://nigeriaproperty-real..com/2016/03/why-we-need-to-beat-russia.html#sthash.Gbil8GBk.dpuf

When we see debt piled on debt just to prolong the dying system, take note that a few monied men enjoy the fruits of this easy money for a time before defaulting … and with no collateral to make lenders whole, many walk away with nothing more than an impaired credit rating – into a waiting system where debt is harshly devalued.

Monsanto can darken the sunflower harvest in the Ukraine, and Allianz can steal a few tranquil Greek islands, but the ambience is never quite the same as when hard working people had their just rewards, and goodness and charity and kind souls rejoiced – with compassion and cooperation – while loving the narrative of a life written while desiring only the product of their work.

The world this Global Reserve Fiat creates is one of misery and strife where evil and greed feeds upon the spirit, and the world becomes an immoral wasteland of modernity. The worker is discriminated against as all pressure and stress is heaped upon his future, as the law discriminates between debts held as an asset vs. debt held as a liability.

For this reason I beg to say that the real Economy, in reality is China. Biggest Economy in the world..

Last pt..

I have said this before..
When it comes to military hardwares.. Again the U.S build hardware to sell. It builds it, creat an artificial war and uses the military gear just to market to its puppets and its puppets do what they do best buy with either more credit distributed by the fiat regime or little from taxes earned by die hard working puppet nation's citizens.. Remember this means just prolonging the death of the Fiat regime which will eventually die. More debts means prolonging..

While Russia is different.. Russia looks into the current situation, proper warfare and builds it military hardware to combat such threat in reality.. For this reason alone, U.S can nerver be regarded as powerful as RUssia..

Never..

There is a reason they hate china.. China does the opposite, it does not leave massive debt burden on countries they deal with and for this reason they hate China cos it's a Natural threat to their fiat regime. So as Russia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 30, 2016
Zoharariel:

I like you already! grin
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by ATERI(m): 7:19am On Mar 30, 2016
Zoharariel:

You have erred! Now, seek forgiveness from the Lord. grin

Rebel leader!! You often express what I have in mind, so sorry to disappoint you this time around.
Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by ATERI(m): 7:53am On Mar 30, 2016
NaijaTalkTown:
Military expenditure does not necessarily translate into military might. It is a known fact that Russia's Amarta T-14 armoured tank is the best tank so far. The S-400 is the best defense system so far. Russia has the largest submarine in the world. Russia is number one when it comes to ECM development. Russian troops are the most battle ready troops in the world at the moment. The $400USD F-35 Jet is yet to be completed up till today and it has already been declared to be a flop. Two days ago, the Pentagon admitted that the US is behind Russia in terms of reconnaissance. What the US could not achieve in Syria in 4 years, Russia achieved in 6 months. The only reason why I said Russia is on parity with US militarily is because of their "reach difference". The US has over 400 military bases across the globe which gives it the advantage of hitting faster. That does not mean the Russians do not have reach too. In fact, Russia can reach anywhere on our planet. All it takes is a sub and a missile but the closer to the target, the better, which is the one advantage US has over Russia but in a full blown out war, The whole world against Russia cannot defeat Russia. Russia has over 10,000 nukes in their arsenal and its military doctrine permits first strike.

No, please don`t see Syria as a barometer for measuring the balance of power in the world today. Unfortunately, you have pushed me to where it would appear I`m defending America. But it is so unfair to use Syria as our reference point. Western powers have been bombing Syria for ages it has not changed anything because the bombings were sporadic. During this period, Putin was giving all sorts of supports to Assad, didn`t seem to help either. The unfairness I see running through this thread is in what happened next. In our analysis of what happened in Syria we seem to forget the fundamental fact that gave Russia the upper hand.
Putin is smart enough not to confront America, but he didn`t have to. We need to remember that London started the chain of events that led to that victory. David Cameron went to the Parliament to seek a vote in support of military action in Syria and he was defeated. Leaving Obama exposed and isolated. Obama developed cold feet and Americans developed cold feet; everything was pointing to the fact that he would lose in Congress. At that point he resolved not to attack Iraq and used proxy instead. That was the chance Putin had been waiting for and it tell us what we must not forget in our analysis of Syria. Democracy places a serious impediment on a leader and the options available to him/her. Guys Putin does what Putin wants in Russia. He is smart enough to know when to do what. Once London and Washington had been stopped from attacking Syria, Putin had the whole of Syria to himself, so there was no contest from then on. Putin would never commit suicide by engaging in a direct fight with America, trust me it won`t happen. That is his genius, the ability to pick and choose as well as wrong-foot the West when necessary.
Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by ValerianSteel(m): 8:00am On Mar 30, 2016
NaijaTalkTown:
You mean the overrated S-400.Have you heard of David's Sling?

I guess not,do yourself a favor and read up on it.The S-400 has a detection range of 400km.David's Sling has a detection range of 900km using the X-Band radar.While neither of them have shot down a kite from the sky,at least we shouldn't be blind to the details about them.Israel holds the No1 position when it comes to Defense Systems.Only a fool will dispute that.

Russia has the 'largest submarine' and that surmounts to having a very capable Navy o: My goodness,what are you guys fed.No Russian Submarine outmatches the Royal Navy's submarines not to speak of new generation subs from the United States.I know you worship Russia,but read and educate yourself before peddling falsehood.

It is untested that Russia wields unquestionable capabilities with Electronic Counter Measures.We know Russia has upped their game in that area recently same way other militaries have developed resistance technology to ECM on the military crafts.

The F-35 will keep disappointing people like you when you see the first sets in action by the Israeli Air Force later this year.By then you'll point to a Russian fighter jet that can outperform the F-35.

Russia has over 10,000 nukes will never win her a war.With nukes,it's all round assured destruction.Any nuclear power can face Russia with nukes,it matters on who has first strike and who has capabilities of stopping a warhead from it's target.The United States has the capabilities to do so.With anti-ICBM stations around Russia.The US will always have an upper hand as she can successfully shoot down a nuclear warhead even before it leaves Russian airspace.

Three countries possess the world's best anti-ICBM defense systems-The United States,the United Kingdom and Israel.Russian nukes are a guaranteed destruction to any country but those three have capabilities to protect themselves first.

I know we like to amuse ourselves with tales of how powerful Russia has become,but remind yourself,Russia cannot compete with the United States of America in any category.No country can.Remind yourself why America remains the World's only Superpower.It takes more military might to get there.The United States has an Ideological advantage which Russia doesn't share and this will keep getting her favors with her allies around the world.
Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 30, 2016
Tkester2:

ATERI, I like your reasoning, thankfully you don't reason like some idiots on nairaland, most especially miss89 and Luscabalo.
Big budget, big jects, big battallion...are military institutional property which collectively assembled which highly depends on morale of individual personality of the persons concerned. If a soudier asks himself why should i die then it means many have said i dont want to die. you cant force right morale inside them. Dont accuse Russia get prove for everything.
Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by ATERI(m): 8:19am On Mar 30, 2016
scully95:
After reading everything and all the comments on here about who is powerful and who is not powerful.

The answer is very simple. America is not the most powerful and has never been. What we have seen after 2nd world war is nothing but U.S cowardice.

Being a coward does not mean you are powerful militarily. In history of all AMerican wars usually with less armed acountries.. It has never faced any country as powerful as Russian.

That alone makes U.S look like a petty military Bully. (Point number 1)

Point 2:

The Fiat regime - Now many people do not understand that the Fiat regime has made the real hardworking people look like poor people while those with maximum credit look like rich people.. In other words, Credit means you are rich, while not having massive credit or just running on capitals and getting good ROI for your cost effective service or product means you re poor.

Now this is what had made U.S look big and made it Bugget also big, defense buggest as well. Running on massive credit and the regime they want to continue or to save cos.. Once Dollar is out, War with less armed coutries is being taken care of like Syria..

The fiat regime will all collasp and it will mean the collasp of an emty economy..

So when people say Biggest economy... base on what ?What is backing it ?? Useless wars with less armed nations ??

ANd because of this FIaT regime, they need to beat both Russia and CHina.. Is it possible ? Again how, by pushing puppets to Encircle Russia and China.. lol. Again another cawardice method employed by the same emty vessels who pronouced itself and even boast about it,as the most powerful. Being powerful is not by attacking. It's by deffending. And even in their brainwash, they say the best form of deffense is to attack.. Total brainwash and opposite to entire real world.

"And nothing has shaped their Empire more than the FIAT. The deformation began in 1971, when the US imposed her Power to re-define the rules of the monetary system for her sole benefit. The ability to print IOU’s in exchange for real value is more clever than theft as we borrow and do not pay back in kind due to inflation. Our enemies, adversaries and vassals must found their financial systems upon the printed dollar which they must purchase with hard earned money. That seizure has financed a vast network of military bases, bribery, assassinations, coup d´états and perpetual war."

When we see debt piled on debt just to prolong the dying system, take note that a few monied men enjoy the fruits of this easy money for a time before defaulting … and with no collateral to make lenders whole, many walk away with nothing more than an impaired credit rating – into a waiting system where debt is harshly devalued.

Monsanto can darken the sunflower harvest in the Ukraine, and Allianz can steal a few tranquil Greek islands, but the ambience is never quite the same as when hard working people had their just rewards, and goodness and charity and kind souls rejoiced – with compassion and cooperation – while loving the narrative of a life written while desiring only the product of their work.

The world this Global Reserve Fiat creates is one of misery and strife where evil and greed feeds upon the spirit, and the world becomes an immoral wasteland of modernity. The worker is discriminated against as all pressure and stress is heaped upon his future, as the law discriminates between debts held as an asset vs. debt held as a liability.

For this reason I beg to say that the real Economy, in reality is China. Biggest Economy in the world..

Last pt..

I have said this before..
When it comes to military hardwares.. Again the U.S build hardware to sell. it builds it, creat an artificial war and uses the military gear just to market to its puppets and its puppets do what they do best buy with either more credit distributed by the fiat regime or little from taxes earned by die hard wrking puppet nation's citizens.. Remember this means just prolonging the death. More debts means prolonging..

While Russia is different.. Russia looks into the current situation, proper warfare and builds it military hardware to combat such threat in reality.. For this reason alone, U.S can nerver be regarded as powerful as RUssia..

Never..

Thanks bro.

Sorry that I created that impression im my post. I`m in total agreement with you on the economy. The psychology of it matters. A creditor is never going to be inferior to his/her debtor, so even if America would not like to hear that, but the fact is that they are living on borrowed money from China today
One clarification is important though, Both after the end of the Second World War and the end of Cold War, America`s Power was to be admired. After the Second World War, America didn`t force herself on Europe, it was Europe that wanted America`s leadership which then set up the ideological competition with the Soviets. Gorbachev chose the suicide that led to the end of the USSR and, from 1989 till the illegal invasion of Iraq, America`s power was total over the world. So if we want to debate anything I think we should not be debating that. Lastly as we continue with this debate, we must not forget that, the fact that America would not be so crazy to the extent of launching an attack on North Korea does not mean that America and North Korea are equal on the military front.
Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by ATERI(m): 8:29am On Mar 30, 2016
ValerianSteel:
You mean the overrated S-400.Have you heard of David's Sling?

I guess not,do yourself a favor and read up on it.The S-400 has a detection range of 400km.David's Sling has a detection range of 900km using the X-Band radar.While neither of them have shot down a kite from the sky,at least we shouldn't be blind to the details about them.Israel holds the No1 position when it comes to Defense Systems.Only a fool will dispute that.

Russia has the 'largest submarine' and that surmounts to having a very capable Navy o: My goodness,what are you guys fed.No Russian Submarine outmatches the Royal Navy's submarines not to speak of new generation subs from the United States.I know you worship Russia,but read and educate yourself before peddling falsehood.

It is untested that Russia wields unquestionable capabilities with Electronic Counter Measures.We know Russia has upped their game in that area recently same way other militaries have developed resistance technology to ECM on the military crafts.

The F-35 will keep disappointing people like you when you see the first sets in action by the Israeli Air Force later this year.By then you'll point to a Russian fighter jet that can outperform the F-35.

Russia has over 10,000 nukes will never win her a war.With nukes,it's all round assured destruction.Any nuclear power can face Russia with nukes,it matters on who has first strike and who has capabilities of stopping a warhead from it's target.The United States has the capabilities to do so.With anti-ICBM stations around Russia.The US will always have an upper hand as she can successfully shoot down a nuclear warhead even before it leaves Russian airspace.

Three countries possess the world's best anti-ICBM defense systems-The United States,the United Kingdom and Israel.Russian nukes are a guaranteed destruction to any country but those three have capabilities to protect themselves first.

I know we like to amuse ourselves with tales of how powerful Russia has become,but remind yourself,Russia cannot compete with the United States of America in any category.No country can.Remind yourself why America remains the World's only Superpower.It takes more military might to get there.The United States has an Ideological advantage which Russia doesn't share and this will keep getting her favors with her allies around the world.

Nice
Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 30, 2016
ATERI:

No, please don`t see Syria as a barometer for measuring the balance of power in the world today. Unfortunately, you have pushed me to where it would appear I`m defending America. But it is so unfair to use Syria as our reference point. Western powers have been bombing Syria for ages it has not changed anything because the bombings were sporadic. During this period, Putin was giving all sorts of supports to Assad, didn`t seem to help either. The unfairness I see running through this thread is in what happened next. In our analysis of what happened in Syria we seem to forget the fundamental fact that gave Russia the upper hand.
Putin is smart enough not to confront America, but he didn`t have to. We need to remember that London started the chain of events that led to that victory. David Cameron went to the Parliament to seek a vote in support of military action in Syria and he was defeated. Leaving Obama exposed and isolated. Obama developed cold feet and Americans developed cold feet; everything was pointing to the fact that he would lose in Congress. At that point he resolved not to attack Iraq and used proxy instead. That was the chance Putin had been waiting for and it tell us what we must not forget in our analysis of Syria. Democracy places a serious impediment on a leader and the options available to him/her. Guys Putin does what Putin wants in Russia. He is smart enough to know when to do what. Once London and Washington had been stopped from attacking Syria, Putin had the whole of Syria to himself, so there was no contest from then on. Putin would never commit suicide by engaging in a direct fight with America, trust me it won`t happen. That is his genius, the ability to pick and choose as well as wrong-foot the West when necessary.
I like your logic and reasoning. I also like how you argue.

But if you know anything at all about Russia, you would know that Syria and Ukraine are Russia's red lines that know one crosses. Whoever crosses these red lines will be humiliated. Trying to attribute Russia's military capabilities to Putin's political masterclass simply amounts to underrating Russia (I.e succumbing to Western Anti-Russian propaganda) and also trying to distort facts. Putin plays the diplomatic card because that's the only way he can "market" Russia to the world in other to achieve a multipolar world but where it is needed, he employs the military card. Do you think diplomacy was what Putin banked on before he attended the UN's 70th anniversary to warn Obama and his puppets? Now listen, diplomacy is not the reason why Israel stopped violating Syrian airspace the moment Russia went in. Diplomacy is not the reason why US refused to fly their jets close to Russian jets in Syria. Military might is the reason why all these happened. Let me tell you what Russian diplomacy achieved in Syria:

1). Russian diplomacy has been able to divide the evil empires, that is, US-Turkey relations has been severed.

2). Saudi is now pursuing a policy that is independent of the US in other to maintain its own status in the MENA.

3). US can no longer control it's own puppets in the ME because they have become over ambitious and desperate to save their dwindling status while Russia, Iran and Syria continue to rise.

4). Europeans now sees America as a dictator and Russia as the good guys thanks to Putin's popularity and Russian diplomacy.

5). Russian diplomacy has helped market Russia to the world and as well has drawn a lot of support for a multipolar world (I didn't care about Russia and Putin until recently).

6). This is mostly due to Putin's popularity but with the combination of diplomacy, Russia outshone Western propaganda and Russia's popularity will keep growing until 2024.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 30, 2016
One question, can anyone name a single US ally that will go to war with US against Russia in an all out war? I used to think Isreal but 2 days after Russia went to Syria, Netanyahu went to Moscow and six months later, it seems Isreal never went to Syria gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by ValerianSteel(m): 9:49am On Mar 30, 2016
NaijaTalkTown:
One question, can anyone name a single US ally that will go to war with US against Russia in an all out war? I used to think Isreal but 2 days after Russia went to Syria, Netanyahu went to Moscow and six months later, it seems Isreal never went to Syria gringringrin
Ermm,did you just relocate from Jupiter or what?

Though Israel supports an Assad ouster,she was subtle on intervention,Israel only supported the coalition against ISIS with Israeli Intelligence providing necessary information about terrorists activities.Israel never gave a full fledged support to the opposition forces or took an active role to remove Assad.Though Israel could have done all this way longer before Russia stepped in.

Israel's priorities in Syria had nothing to do with the Syrian crisis.Israel's concern was to get rid of Hamas and Hezbollah factions that seek refuge in Syria alongside ISIS and other terrorist outfit that are a threat to Israel's sovereignty.Israel never stopped air operations in Syria even upon Russian entry.Up till this moment,Israeli F-15I's and F-16I's fly into Syria.

Russia was not a threat to Israel same way Israel was not a threat to Russian presence in Syria even though she could have been.Both parties worked out differences and came to an understanding that had no effect on the policies of either parties.

I'll remind you Russia knows where to put it's feet when it entered Syria.Israel wields the most military power in the Middle-East.Being far from home,Russia would have suffered terrible defeat at the hands of Israel had Russia not been wise upon entry in Syria.
Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by ValerianSteel(m): 10:18am On Mar 30, 2016
NaijaTalkTown:
Ermm,where have you been?I guess you just relocated from Jupiterundecided

Though Israel supports every efforts to remove Assad from power.It is worthy of note that Israel never lent a full fledged support to opposition forces like the UK,US,and France did.Israel's priority in Syria remained stopping potential and recognized threats to Israeli sovereignty.

The only point at which Israel became actively involved in Syria was when the coalition against ISIS was formed.Israeli Intelligence was needed against ISIS which Israel freely offered.

Prior to the Syrian Crisis,Israel conducts frequent airstrikes against Hezbollah and Hamas factions that took refuge within Syria.

Upon Russian entry,Israel and Russia reached an undertstanding that benefited the policies of either party in Syria,hence there was no conflict of interest between Israel and Russia which is why up till this moment,Israel never stopped flying missions into Syria despite the so-called no fly zone imposed by Russia.

Russia is not a threat to Israel,neither was Israel a threat to Russian efforts in Syria.It was a symbiotic relationship for both countries.Seeing Israel wields the most military power in the Middle-East,Russia would have suffered a very terrible defeat from Israel if Russia had pursued a contrary objective that blocked Israel's interests in Syria.Basically Russia and Israel succeeded in avoiding direct confrontations resulting from their desired missions in Syria.
Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 30, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Ermm,where have you been?I guess you just relocated from Jupiterundecided

Though Israel supports every efforts to remove Assad from power.It is worthy of note that Israel never lent a full fledged support to opposition forces like the UK,US,and France did.Israel's priority in Syria remained stopping potential and recognized threats to Israeli sovereignty.

The only point at which Israel became actively involved in Syria was when the coalition against ISIS was formed.Israeli Intelligence was needed against ISIS which Israel freely offered.

Prior to the Syrian Crisis,Israel conducts frequent airstrikes against Hezbollah and Hamas factions that took refuge within Syria.

Upon Russian entry,Israel and Russia reached an undertstanding that benefited the policies of either party in Syria,hence there was no conflict of interest between Israel and Russia which is why up till this moment,Israel never stopped flying missions into Syria despite the so-called no fly zone imposed by Russia.

Russia is not a threat to Israel,neither was Israel a threat to Russian efforts in Syria.It was a symbiotic relationship for both countries.Seeing Israel wields the most military power in the Middle-East,Russia would have suffered a very terrible defeat from Israel if Russia had pursued a contrary objective that blocked Israel's interests in Syria.Basically Russia and Israel succeeded in avoiding direct confrontations resulting from their desired missions in Syria.
I don't argue with people whose logics are based on assumptions and their minds are closed to objective reasoning. Please don't ever quote me again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by ValerianSteel(m): 11:07am On Mar 30, 2016
NaijaTalkTown:
I don't argue with people whose logics are based on assumptions and their minds are closed to objective reasoning. Please don't ever quote me again.
Scared I called out your falsehood peddling undecided You are just the same as the rest of the Kremlin clowns here,you present illogical distorted opinions,when countered,you take the coward's way out.
Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by scully95: 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
I love countering your maximum stupidty each time I see one and I will continue to do so.

ValerianSteel:

You mean the overrated S-400. Have you heard of David's Sling?

This is not overated and I have countered you in the past. The funniest thing is Pentagon is now looking for who can break into Russia's D1/D2 area denial code and re-enforce its own. Lol to the local chapmion. Very outdated

ValerianSteel:

Again when you talk, you should add a little bit of sense. Submarines cannot be compared to submarines.. Subs do what they do best, that is sunk deep into the Ocean near the Enemy and Either fire its missiles while under sea or up. Again when you want to speak of subs, you speak of anti-submarines.. You see now that you just argue without no miltary brain, no normal analysing factor..Russia does not only have Nuclear submarines , it has more diesel subs that is even more dangerious because it's hard to detect due to sound, it makes almost no sound at all and does not leave any signature. So when you talk of Subs, you speak of ability to detect one and quickly torpedo it. Olodo... As if the subs will be firing themseleves in water like Tanks. Ode

ValerianSteel:

You see another ode talk. Goergian war.. What the Goergian army complained the most was different types of Electronic warefare being used.. The same thing in Ukraine. Infact the American counterpart was in Ukraine 'trainning' Ukronazis, was actually studying russia's Electronic warfare that it lacks behind like say 10 years. SO forget you stupid talk.

ValerianSteel:

Another Ode that you are.. F-35 was just a shame.. It was used to test and research future Weapons that will be used eventually but F-35 is just the joke of the century.

ValerianSteel:

Russia has over 10,000 nukes will never win her a war.With nukes,it's all round assured destruction.Any nuclear power can face Russia with nukes,it matters on who has first strike and who has capabilities of stopping a warhead from it's target.The United States has the capabilities to do so. With anti-ICBM stations around Russia.The US will always have an upper hand as she can successfully shoot down a nuclear warhead even before it leaves Russian airspace.
The U.S will always have an upper hand.. You are just a stupid kid for saying thing. I won't say anything about Nukes. Except use common sense.
As it is now. Putin has said, forget about missile defense system, it has what could penetrate any missile defense system. I don;t need to argue with Such a person cos he's a person that says A and you will meet A. Again by the definition of the west in building Military gear that I have explained above. No military gear in the history of human has come close to a Russia military gear. You want to talk of the recent T-90 that is deflecting tow missiles? Or the latest Armata with higher specs that even the Jagvlin missiles, eye detect can't near ? Or you want to speak of the old Kalashinikov that is even worldwide legendary weapon ? So please just cut it there..

ValerianSteel:

You see when propaganda is too much, the propagandists even start believing in their own propaganda.. This is what lead Isreal to even disgrace itself in the its war with odinnary Tier 1, National resisteance forces, hezbola of Lebanon. It was sad it could not even penetrate tier 2. it was a ugly defeat for the Isrealis back in the day. And again all the irondomes, Arrow 1-arrow1 million rubbish in reality has only managed to shoot down hamas rockets. Which is not all. Some landed.

I have seen a baslistic missile being shut down or intercepted in eastern Ukraine. What shut it down, I don't know till now. Whatever it is.. it was shut down.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Powerful Country In The World? by ATERI(m): 4:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
I have truly enjoyed the fire-works this thread provided

I hope I`m not alone in thinking that, in a small way, we have done our best to establish who the Super-powers are and how they affect our lives. I`ve always believed that you cannot be described as a Super-power if you are not world`s number one in the economic or military domain. That is why I enjoyed the end of the Cold War till 2003. For the first time in my life-time, America was leading politically, militarily, economically as well as in popular culture. Truly the only indisputable Super-power in the world. Well, that is history now. I think there is a near consensus here that, this is now a multi-polar world led by America, China and Russia.

So what are my fear for the future?

In the first place, I`m excited! There are just too many variables to make the future an exciting one.

Putin is the only name in the world today that sends shivers down the spine of the megalomaniacs in Washington and Europe. But we also know that Russia is a one-man show; it never last for-ever. So what happens after Putin? By the way, we used to say the same thing about Singapore

Interestingly, we have not mentioned Germany once through-out our analyses. A new generation of politicians is gradually taking over in Germany. That generation would not be too pre-occupied with what Adolf Hitler did. Today, Germany is the most important political and economic power in Western Europe. Would she decide to add some military muscle?

And there is ubiquitous China. China may be loved around the world, but is her global ambitions going down well with Japan. Could America choose to trouble China by encouraging Japan to arm herself?

And there is the Middle-East and the lust for the resources there by the West; how is that going to play out in Iran and Russia, for instance?

Hopefully, as this multi-polar world unfold around us, our Africa would not be a consuming by-stander, as usual.

(1) (2) (Reply)

After 142 Years Of Dominance, China Overtakes U.S As World's Largest Economy / 10 Countries Missing Things You Thought Would Be Impossible / BREAKING NEWS: Military Coup Is Going On In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.