Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas (3538 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) / Austalian Entry Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by naijatoday: 5:13pm On Jul 24, 2009
The Canadian High Commission in Nigeria has denied two Nigerian secondary school students, Adeolu Adeyemi and Oluwaseun Oyewole visas to attend an international competition in Toronto.

The students, both 16 years old from Thomas Adewumi International College, Kwara State were billed to attend the 7th Certiport worldwide competition in the North American country scheduled for July 30-August 1, 2009.

According to the high commission's visa officer, the refusal of the visa applications submitted on July 6, 2009, was based on the children's nationality "which balanced against factors" which might motivate them to stay in Canada.

"You have not satisfied me that you meet the requirements, that you would leave Canada at the end of the temporary period if you were authorised to stay," the visa officer wrote on the application on July 15, 2009.

[b]Olu Adeyemi, Adeolu's father described the development as a disgrace, not only to his family but to Nigeria and all Nigerians. He believes that Nigeria should not allow such affront to go without any reaction from government because what happened to his son could happen to anybody else.

"It's a slap on the country as a whole that Canada will treat Nigerians like that. Having prepared up to this level only to be deprived from competing worldwide amongst his mates, I think it's unfair of Canada," Mr. Adeyemi said.

Ayodele Oyewole, Oluwaseun's father, shared the same view, even as he said that he was yet to tell his daughter that she will not be able to achieve her dreams of representing her country.

"I cannot put myself together to tell my daughter. She has put in her best to ensure she comes home with laurels. How do I start to tell her the Canadian embassy refused her visa? It is a shame because today we are talking about rebranding Nigeria. This would have been a good opportunity," Mr. Oyewole said.

Speaking to NEXT, Moses Abiodun, the children's teacher, who was also denied visa, said he is yet to rationalise the embassy's actions.

"We submitted all relevant documents. But for the embassy to say the children will abscond is unreasonable. We presented evidence that we have travelled abroad before. The children have travelled severally. Myself, I have a UK visa on my passport," Mr. Abiodun said.
[/b]
According to Mr. Abiodun, the Canadians have denied the children the opportunity of showcasing their expertise in Microsoft software applications and portraying the talents that abound in Nigeria.

"The children have been preparing since January for this. They competed and emerged winners against University students from Ahmadu Bello University, Caleb University and Kwara State Polytechnic at the nationwide competition organised in Lagos, only to be denied now. It is unfortunate," he said.

Edna Agusto, Managing Director of Readmanna Ventures Limited, the children's sponsors and organisers of the nationwide competition which the children won said the Canadian embassy's reasons are not tenable.

"We submitted their international passports, bank drafts for visa fees, the company's [Readmanna] certificate of incorporation and bank statement covering all expenses, Certiport letter of invitation to come to Canada, pictures of the nationwide competition published in national dailies and all other relevant documents to merit these children be given visas.

All these, along with the airline return tickets as well as their school and parents' endorsements. Yet they say they will run away. Their action is questionable," Mrs Agusto said.

On the 5th of June 2009, at the nationwide Microsoft Office competition, with students from secondary and tertiary institutions participating, Adeolu Adeyemi scored 941 points out of a maximum of 1000 score to emerge the National winner on Microsoft Word 2003 application; while Oluwaseun Oyewole scored 821 points to become the National winner in the Microsoft Excel 2003 software application.

http://www.234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/5438672-147/Canada_denies_two_Nigerian_kids_entry.csp
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by SexStarved(m): 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2009
them go abscond - Nigerians are crooks - never to be trusted
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Fhemmmy: 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2009
They can appeal.
they can go thru the body that has invited them for the contest and they have to do it fast too.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Thor(m): 5:27pm On Jul 24, 2009
Most Nigerians abroad are illegal and make it hard for honest people to get entry visas angry angry
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2009
Thor:

Most Nigerians abroad are illegal and make it hard for honest people to get entry visas angry angry

Lemme guess, you are the real honest person?
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by SexStarved(m): 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2009
let them rot in Nigeria - these people are the cause of nigeria problem
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Fhemmmy: 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2009
SexStarved:

let them rot in Nigeria - these people are the cause of nigeria problem
Let the kids that worked so hard to win and go and represent Nigeria rot in Nigeria/
How have they caused anything/
Are u on cheap drugs or something?
my guy stay off expired wine oh
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by JustGood(m): 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2009
Its such a shame to disappoint people in that manner especially when they are kids.

However, we must balance it with the truth. . .we are the cause of our own shame and disgrace.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by naijaking1: 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2009
When did denying people visas become news in Nigeria? It happens all the time, what's special about this one
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by SexStarved(m): 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2009
The Sins of the father - the child go chop out of  it -  

sorry kids - but your fathers are Nigerian crooks
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2009
SexStarved,

You are an idiot. You are a disgrace to anybody that called you human. As you hate success and progress in others, make success and progress no cross ur side. Animal.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Becomrich: 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2009
Most Nigerians abroad are illegal and make it hard for honest people to get entry visas

what type of statement is that. You would shock to discovered that statement is not true. Illegal ko, illegal ni. you would be shock to discovery how many nigerian have canadian citizenship. There are more than 100 nigerian churches in canada.

There are third generation nigeria canadian. Some of lived in canada for 35 years or 40 years in some cases.

The problem with this people case , they have 7 days to go to the competition. Thier chance on getting call in 4 ays is slim. They should have post the information when it happened. Not when it look too late. They only have 4 days monday to thursday.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by blacksta(m): 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2009
nobilia:

SexStarved,

You are an idiot. You are a disgrace to anybody that called you human. As you hate success and progress in others, make success and progress no cross ur side. Animal.

Omo how far easy on the e pe .
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by blacksta(m): 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2009
But it true - i remember a time when nigerians did not need visa - but same Nigerians abused the system.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Becomrich: 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2009

Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Thor(m): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2009
In reality what do the kids want to do in Canada?

Seems like a typical scam to me angry
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Rebarobyn: 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2009
what a shame, a big opportunity just wasted like that because of our recklessness and corruption, it must have been painful for those kids,
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Fhemmmy: 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2009
Thor:

In reality what do the kids want to do in Canada?

Seems like a typical scam to me  angry

They were going to represent Nigeria in some competition, so how could that be a scam?

here is the site of the competition's organizer
http://www.officecompetition.com/
It is a yearly thing and here is some info from the site.
Compete in the 2009 Worldwide Competition on Microsoft Office today!
This year Certiport is once again searching the globe for students with the best Microsoft Word and Excel skills. Countries all around the world will host local competitions to determine country and regional representatives who will compete for the title of "World Champion" at Microsoft Word and Excel and win prizes worth $6,500 USD at the World Championships held Summer 2009 in Toronto, Canada.

So before we just yarn, let us look well.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Becomrich: 6:06pm On Jul 24, 2009
When we told you people to move to benin republic. You think we are joking. THE Name Nigeria is worthless in the internation community. The word Toilet is more prefer than the word Nigeria. Nigeria is a bad name. The moment they hear that name nigeria. Na problem for you. People would believe you are a thief or criminal. Benin republic is the solution for we yorubas.

Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by strangleyo: 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2009
Nigeria is terrible. I hope they start denying our leaders VISAs too. That will be the day.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Thor(m): 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2009
If they kept them handcuffed to Canadian police officers for the duration of their stay I do not see an issue with them going or being allowed a visa smiley
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by asha80(m): 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2009
That means nigeria is no longer a saleable name lipsrsealed
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by blacksta(m): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2009
Thor:

If they kept them handcuffed to Canadian police officers for the duration of their stay I do not see an issue with them going or being allowed a visa  smiley

lol

I am very sure a lot of Nigerians will prefer to handcuffed to a canadian police for the purpose of travelling . very sad for Nigeria.

kids have started chopping out of our problems
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by naijaking1: 6:21pm On Jul 24, 2009
asha 80:

That means nigeria is no longer a saleable name lipsrsealed

My dear, that happened a long time ago.
You could get yourself jailed by simply identifying yourself as a Nigerian in many situations here in the US
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Becomrich: 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2009
You can say that again. Do you know how many nigerian they have unlawfully arrested and jailed abroad for just been nigerian. The statistics would shock you. You are guilt upon identifying yourself as a nigerian abroad even without prove. Some nigerian have even committed suicide have sure incident. We all bear our scar. We hold inside not to tell our story.

Nigeria no be better name, my brother. The innocent get punish for been a nigerian.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by asha80(m): 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2009
naijaking1:

My dear, that happened a long time ago.
You could get yourself jailed by simply identifying yourself as a Nigerian in many situations here in the US

Maybe i will start identifying myself as a biafran as far as documents are not needed. lipsrsealed
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by naijaking1: 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2009
asha 80:

Maybe i will start identifying myself as a biafran as far as documents are not needed. lipsrsealed

I never thought of that wink
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Fhemmmy: 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2009
Becomrich:

You can say that again. Do you know how many nigerian they have unlawfully arrested and jailed abroad for just been nigerian. The statistics would shock you. You are guilt upon identifying yourself as a nigerian abroad even without prove. Some nigerian have even committed suicide have sure incident. We all bear our scar. We hold inside not to tell our story.

Nigeria no be better name, my brother. The innocent get punish for been a nigerian.

Tell me of any Nigerian you know that has been arrested, simply because they are Nigerians.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by bawomolo(m): 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2009
asha 80:

refers asha to the SS.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by bawomolo(m): 7:04pm On Jul 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Tell me of any Nigerian you know that has been arrested, simply because they are Nigerians.

pls don't get him started
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by asha80(m): 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2009
bawomolo:

refers asha to the SS.

SS themselves wey dey look for wey to escape naija lipsrsealed
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Becomrich: 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2009
Fhemmmy do you have a nigeria passport. We can perform the experiment. And you would carry your nigeria passport and hi a camera and go thru most countries immigration service. see how dey treat you even with valid document. I can promise you would end up in jail before your 5th country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Giving Birth In Brazil From Nigeria / Getting A Georgia Visa / 5 Years Working Parmit To Qatar With Appointment Letter In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.