Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas (3546 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) / Austalian Entry Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by concrete: 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2009
i personally know 5 different nigerian athletes that came here 7 years ago for a competition (track and field) and never returned

it really wouldn't be THAT uncommon for nigerians (young and old) to come to canada for legit reasons but then refuse to return upon completion of said purpose of the "visit"
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by texazzpete(m): 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2009
These people are paying for the sins of other Nigerians before them. I feel sorry for them, but i cannot put much blame on the Canadian embassy, who are only doing what they think right. We've had accredited members of football teams abscond overseas from soccer competitions. Hundreds/thousands more travel out with a plethora of papers, yet vanish into thin air.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Fhemmmy: 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2009
concrete:

i personally know 5 different nigerian athletes that came here 7 years ago for a competition (track and field) and never returned

it really wouldn't be THAT uncommon for nigerians (young and old) to come to canada for legit reasons but then refuse to return upon completion of said purpose of  the "visit"

i know a lot of them.
Some now even uses gay ism and lesbianism as a way to get a paper now.
But they need to find a way to determine some solutions, these are kids that wanna go and represent Nigeria in a contest.
Just 2 weeks ago, some 3 Chinese exchange students were on the run, 1 has been caught and 2 still on the lose, would that be enuf to stop giving Chinese visa?
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by asha80(m): 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i know a lot of them.
Some now even uses gay ism and lesbianism as a way to get a paper now.
But they need to find a way to determine some solutions, these are kids that wanna go and represent Nigeria in a contest.
Just 2 weeks ago, some 3 Chinese exchange students were on the run, 1 has been caught and 2 still on the lose, would that be enuf to stop giving Chinese visa?

shocked
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by dinggle: 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2009
I feel sorry for the cute children, eya, their trip to canada would have added glamour to their resume in future. But we cant blame the canada embassy, infact they took the right decision. The west are not like Nigeria, they have datas to back up their refusal. They no how many Nigerians have gone there to study or for sport and never return but to seek frivolous asylum. The best thing is for the president to weigh into the matter and stand as guarrantor for the children, Or for Nigeria to post 1Billion naira bond after all they are going to represent the nation. Canada is not like Yankee. Their immigration system can be taken advantage of just like in New-zealand. All you need do is arrive at the airport and you can claim anything to stay. They do not have forceful removal system as is done in U.S, UK or Europe so that make them very weak.

If Nigeria post 1 billion naira bond and any of the kids refuse to come back alive, we loose the money, Even if anything happens to one of them like accident and God forbid anyone does not come back alive we loose the money, lol grin. see deliberation for senate floor. Senators go dey throw blows. Hausa man go say kei, we dont need this, let them stay and chop eba for Nigeria. Or if they wanna see fine sky scapper let them come to Abuja. Even Yaradua will say lets organise our own competition here and invite canada na same thing  grin  grin grin
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Becomrich: 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2009
concrete , you have no point. You judge everybody based on thier merit. Look I can tell you this that over $100 billion of Nigeria money stolen by person who are part of nigeria govt were help by white people. And more than 50% of those money end up into the hand of others nation. Do we we assume that all white people a thief. Answer is No. You have criminal in every nation.

I have lived in canada for more than a decade and many years now,  I can tell you that even here in canada or the USA they have criminals, but if you ask me what percentage of canadian that have criminal tendency I would tell you less than 15%. Will I now because of less than 15% say canadian are criminal. Noway. There are more honest canadain than there are criminal.

Go and check my record. I have never commited a crime in canada. So are thousand of Nigerian who do not have criminal record in canada. Yes, I have been set up several times but I have falling to crime, No. Been a criminal is not for everybody. I would rather die a poor man than a rich thief. This is the way my family upbring is. You see you have come to this world with nothing and you would live with nothing. People would kill themself over wealth are fools.

Femi Otedola or dangote would live this world without anything. or thier million is worth nothing. and the rest of the world would take thier money.

Look many nigerian sport have been here and they went back to nigeria. Some remain which is true. But they end up representing canada. Who is the loser in sure a situation? Is it Nigeria or canada. It is Nigeria that is the big fool who does not know how to keep its best brain home.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Fhemmmy: 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2009
dinggle:

I feel sorry for the cute children, eya, their trip to canada would have added glamour to their resume in future. But we cant blame the canada embassy, infact they took the right decision. The west are not like Nigeria, they have datas to back up their refusal. They no how many Nigerians have gone there to study or for sport and never return but to seek frivolous asylum. The best thing is for the president to weigh into the matter and stand as guarrantor for the children, Or for Nigeria to post 1Billion naira bond after all they are going to represent the nation. Canada is not like Yankee. Their immigration system can be taken advantage of just like in New-zealand. All you need do is arrive at the airport and you can claim anything to stay. They do not have forceful removal system as is done in U.S, UK or Europe so that make them very weak.

If Nigeria post 1 billion naira bond and any of the kids refuse to come back alive, we loose the money, Even if anything happens to one of them like accident and God forbid anyone does not come back alive we loose the money, lol grin. see deliberation for senate floor. Senators go dey throw blows. Hausa man go say kei, we dont need this, let them stay and chop eba for Nigeria. Or if they wanna see fine sky scapper let them come to Abuja. Even Yaradua will say lets organise our own competition here and invite canada na same thing  grin  grin grin

Inasmuch as i do agree with you on your statement, it is not enuf to now assume that everyone else will not come back.
These are kids that are going for a contest and chances are they might come back.
According to Canadian immigration, they cant refuse them without enuf evidence to show that they will not come back, there is probably a chance that the kids said they knew pple in canada and that is a surety that, they might not come back
But Canada being a nation that like to support brain in kids, it is important that they get more info and give the kids opportunity to go and rub head and shoulder with other kids in the world.
I will say, it is better for the kids to quickly appeal and have a speedy hearing if possible.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by dinggle: 8:14pm On Jul 24, 2009
@Becomrich
How can we check your record when canada wont even give us the visa to reach there. Your name sef is suspicious becomrich how?? you didnt complete it by hard work or by fraud. Pls i want to come and check your record so ask them to give me the visa so i can check and see if it is true that all Nigerians in canada are not criminal, because we really need to confirm it. Anything i do after checking ur record na for me and canada immigration. No conclude oh!, i never say i go run. But when i reach i go decide, make i reach first.
For now i am certain i will return to naija after checking your record, but you know say my mind fit change sha, but e never change yet! Maybe when i see skyscappers, clean road and 24hrs electricity my mind go change.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Fhemmmy: 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2009
dinggle:

@Becomrich
How can we check your record when canada wont even give us the visa to reach there. Your name sef is suspicious becomrich how?? you didnt complete it by hard work or by fraud. Pls i want to come and check your record so ask them to give me the visa so i can check and see if it is true that all Nigerians in canada are not criminal, because we really need to confirm it. Anything i do after checking ur record na for me and canada immigration. No conclude oh!, i never say i go run. But when i reach i go decide, make i reach first.
For now i am certain i will return to naija after checking your record, but you know say my mind fit change sha, but e never change yet! Maybe when i see skyscappers, clean road and 24hrs electricity my mind go change.

Immigration has been one of the source of populating any developed nation apart from china and india oh, cos they can make babies more than than rats.
Canada is not stopping pple from migrating to their nation, but all they saying is doing it the right way.
But as for this kids, i will like to know how they can be helped for them to be able to make the trip and do us proud.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by MrCrackles(m): 8:22pm On Jul 24, 2009
I feel for the kids. . .
What has surely worked against them is pretty much the notoriety of Nigerians for absconding and bad reputation all over the world! sad
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Fhemmmy: 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

I feel for the kids. . .
What has surely worked against them is pretty much the notoriety of Nigerians for absconding and bad reputation all over the world! sad

well said, but hope something can still be done to give them a chance,,,,,,,,,but it is almost too late
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Becomrich: 8:30pm On Jul 24, 2009
dinggle , I would post my record for you. so sit in nigeria. when i scan it.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Fhemmmy: 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2009
Becomrich:

dinggle , I would post my record for you. so sit in nigeria. when i scan it.

you wicked oh, the dude wanna come and check out canada and you now wanna scan to am, invite him to come and visit you now and show am your record
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by Tats(m): 12:03am On Jul 25, 2009
Some posters here write as if they are the only legal ones who live overseas!
Some of you have absolutely no understanding of the background of these kids. Granted that many Nigerians have debased our reputation (even in Canada) and most of us overseas have suffered for it. However, if the canadians will continue to refuse Nigerians visas then they should stop operating a visa service in Nigeria and just maintain a strictly political consulate. I believe that if these kids were going for a similar activity in the U.S or UK, they would have been given visas.

Just last year there was an article on the treatment of Nigerians by the Canadian embassy.
http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/babsajayi/081108.html
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by dinggle: 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2009
Pls dont blame the canadian embassy, Canada and New zealand are the most accepting nations in the world. All u need do is find a way to arrive at the airport, Our people bleeped up big time, only recently a naija man was granted assylum in canada under treat to his life in naija only to be caught few months later scamming with credit cards. When he was taking to the immigrations court for deportation, see smart man dey cry, lol.

An old man u think has no reason to run in canada will run, even a day old baby will refuse to return to naija, not to talk of guys that have a high IQ. But that is not to say they had the intention of not returning they were simply caught up in the mix.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by TheSeeker(m): 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2009
I wouldn't blame the Canadian embassy for such actions, but when there're enough proofs to negate their premonition on Nigerians, they should have allowed them entry. This is a worldwide competition and they are students too, so what the heck is the problem? This is not right and Nigerian government are busy sitting down, watching and wasting away. Yeah right, Nigerians abused the system but are all Nigerians that way? This is nonsense at the highest order.
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by sley4life(m): 11:54pm On Jul 25, 2009
maybe the canadian embassy believed they are aged cheats and they will flea after the competition
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2009
YES you can blame the Canadian embassy/government. So many people are being denied visa's not just Nigerians.

The Conservative party run government is not too keen on new immigrants, recently they have enacted laws that force Mexicans/Czechs to have visa papers when traveling to Canada, this was not the case under the Liberal party and it will surely hurt their tourism industry.

Furthermore, currently there is a Canadian/Somalian trapped in Kenya and the Canadian government is slow in helping her. It's not just Nigerians who are getting the dirty end of the stick
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by ojdollars(m): 11:54pm On Sep 29, 2011
This is too Bad, what for?
Re: Canada Denies Two Nigerian Kids Entry Visas by N101: 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2011
Fhemmmy:

i know a lot of them.
Some now even uses man-lover ism and lesbianism as a way to get a paper now.

The difference between China and Nigeria is that the former is known to have oppressive government policies and is a so-called communist country. Nigeria on the other hand is supposedly a democratic country, albeit a dysfunctional one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Distance Between Lagos And Ibadan? / No Matter What You Achieve Abroad You Are Nobody / 5 Years Working Parmit To Qatar With Appointment Letter In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.