Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Nigeria Shrinks, As Foreign Investors Withdrew N31.84bn From Stock Market - NSE - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Shrinks, As Foreign Investors Withdrew N31.84bn From Stock Market - NSE (613 Views)

How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card / Why I Withdrew My Suit Against EFCC — Innoson CEO Innocent Chukwuma / Lady Flaunts Money She Withdrew From ATM, Says "I'm A Money Spender" (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Shrinks, As Foreign Investors Withdrew N31.84bn From Stock Market - NSE by LudaChriz(m): 10:09am On Mar 25, 2016
Foreign investors withdrew a total of N31.84 billion from the country last month as they continue to sell their interest in the Nigerian Stock Exchange, NSE.

According to a data from the NSE, foreign outflows during the period increased by 20.79 per cent from N26.36 billion in January 2016 to N31.84 billion, consistent with the trend in 2015.

On the contrary, foreign inflows decreased by 35.68 per cent from N17.01 billion in January 2016 to N10.94 billion in February 2016.

Year-to-date, the total foreign investment outflow from the market stood at N58.20 billion, representing an increase of over N27.95 billion inflow within the same period.

Meanwhile, analysts at Ezcellon Capital have said that the decision by the Monetary Policy Committee of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, to increase the benchmark rate from 11 per cent to 12 per cent and hike the Cash Reserve Ratio, CRR, for banks to 22.5 per cent from 20 per cent would not have anticipated impact in increasing foreign investment inflow into the country.

They observed that except a proper guidance was provided on the nation’s foreign exchange policy guidelines, investors would continue their “wait and look” stance on the Nigerian economy.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/foreign-investors-withdrew-n31-84bn-stock-market-feb-nse/

Re: Nigeria Shrinks, As Foreign Investors Withdrew N31.84bn From Stock Market - NSE by ozoigbondu: 10:14am On Mar 25, 2016
Blame Bubu body odor for choking the economy
Re: Nigeria Shrinks, As Foreign Investors Withdrew N31.84bn From Stock Market - NSE by LudaChriz(m): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2016
Can anything good come out of this skull below?
The answer is NO

Re: Nigeria Shrinks, As Foreign Investors Withdrew N31.84bn From Stock Market - NSE by GudluckIBB(m): 10:18am On Mar 25, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Blame Bubu body odor for choking the economy

Why not get ur facts right before commenting?

Market closed for the easter break positively with over 50 billion naira and it was as a result of the monetary policy.I'm a trader on the floor and for the past one month, my company has realised over 80 million naira profit. What will you call that,?

The earlier we allow foreign investors leave, the better for us.

Pls always get understanding next time before you comment so that you don't sound stupid
Re: Nigeria Shrinks, As Foreign Investors Withdrew N31.84bn From Stock Market - NSE by Montaque(m): 10:19am On Mar 25, 2016
Economics.
Buhari 's albatross
Re: Nigeria Shrinks, As Foreign Investors Withdrew N31.84bn From Stock Market - NSE by mohaMADbuari: 10:21am On Mar 25, 2016
As Buhari shrivels our economy thus increasing the rate of poverty and unemployment, may the black and uncircumcised manhood dangling between his lanky legs shrivel as well.
Re: Nigeria Shrinks, As Foreign Investors Withdrew N31.84bn From Stock Market - NSE by LudaChriz(m): 10:32am On Mar 25, 2016
GudluckIBB:

Market closed for the easter break positively with over 50 billion naira and it was as a result of the monetary policy.I'm a trader on the floor and for the past one month, my company has realised over 80 million naira profit. What will you call that,?

Pls always get understanding next time before you comment so that you don't sound stupid

So if foreign investors leave, it will be better for us?

My friend tell us you are one of the touts in Surulere and stop telling us u ar a trader on the floor of my ass
Re: Nigeria Shrinks, As Foreign Investors Withdrew N31.84bn From Stock Market - NSE by GudluckIBB(m): 10:55am On Mar 25, 2016
LudaChriz:

So if foreign investors leave, it will be better for us?

My friend tell us you are one of the touts in Surulere and stop telling us u ar a trader on the floor of my ass

You still didn't make sense.
Try harder!
Re: Nigeria Shrinks, As Foreign Investors Withdrew N31.84bn From Stock Market - NSE by chaloner(m): 11:12am On Mar 25, 2016
GudluckIBB:

whats the name of your company?
Re: Nigeria Shrinks, As Foreign Investors Withdrew N31.84bn From Stock Market - NSE by LudaChriz(m): 11:29am On Mar 25, 2016
chaloner:
whats the name of your company?
You de mind the zombie

(1) (Reply)

The Rise And Rise Of Dangote In Africa Cement Production / Ibe Kachikwu Confirms Fuel To Now Sell For N145 / House As A Collateral For Loan Please Come In If You Have An Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.