Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,120 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Advice Needed On Rented Apartment - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advice Needed On Rented Apartment (515 Views)

7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos / Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? / A Room And Parlour sublet For Rent.Decent Lagos Estate. 130k. RENTED!!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Rented Apartment by ugreat(m): 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
Dear friends,
I rented a house at Okota via an agent about 6months ago.I made a mistake of paying for the place without seeing the phcn bill of the previous tenant. There was no electricity when I moved in and they agent said they disconnected it cos nobody was living there and that they were expecting prepaid too. Three weeks after paying for the place,the landlady(who's in charge) and agent hadn't fixed the electric yet. Cos of desperation I had to move in without electricity.Last month,phcn brought prepaid meter and then I eventually saw the bill of the last tenant(above N200,000). The problem now is that the landlady and the agent has refused to go and clear the bill,asking me to go pay for the last charge(which I didn't use). Please I need your advice on how to handle these landlady and the agent.
Re: Advice Needed On Rented Apartment by thesicilian: 3:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
ugreat:
Dear friends,
I rented a house at Okota via an agent about 6months ago.I made a mistake of paying for the place without seeing the phcn bill of the previous tenant. There was no electricity when I moved in and they agent said they disconnected it cos nobody was living there and that they were expecting prepaid too. Three weeks after paying for the place,the landlady(who's in charge) and agent hadn't fixed the electric yet. Cos of desperation I had to move in without electricity.Last month,phcn brought prepaid meter and then I eventually saw the bill of the last tenant(above N200,000). The problem now is that the landlady and the agent has refused to go and clear the bill,asking me to go pay for the last charge(which I didn't use). Please I need your advice on how to handle these landlady and the agent.
Don't bother to drag words wit them.
Just walk into a lawyer's office to find out what your options are. The lawyer will take up the issue on your behalf for an affordable fee
Re: Advice Needed On Rented Apartment by menix(m): 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
Someone asked u go nd pay for a bill u did not use nd u came here for advice

Nwanne, what is wrong in telling them "sorry I can't pay for what I did not use"..

It's 6 month now, so how ve u been coping all this while
Re: Advice Needed On Rented Apartment by madgoat(m): 3:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
Abeg involve a lawyer if ur landlady and agent are proving unreasonable.
Re: Advice Needed On Rented Apartment by ugreat(m): 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thanks guys for your kind response. House I need a lawyer within Isolo/Okota axis at affordable price. These sets of people have refused giving me agreement letter too

(1) (Reply)

An Acre Of Land For Sale At Age - Mowo Badagry At N5m / Two And Three Bedroom Flat For Rent At Gbagada / New Zealand Stone Coated Roofing Sheets {discount Prices}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.