Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? (11640 Views)

7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos / Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas / Prices Of Apartments Of The Lagos State Housing Mortgage Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by sade1994(f): 2:00am On Aug 23, 2016
It baffles me how people have this "I don't care" attitude towards other people's property. And here I'm talking about occupants of rented apartments.

There is this compound of eight flats beside where I live and people occupying the flats are all adults.

Guys, you can't believe that for the past two weeks their pumping machine had been pumping water continuously stopping only when the light is ceased( I'm not exaggerating) . And here we enjoy constant electricity at least 20 hours per day.
They come out of their flats, see the compound filled with water and they don't care.
The drainage is filled with their refuse and water and it's pretty annoying.

What kind of life is that? The thing just dey pepper me! Just because they don't own the house!
As I'm typing now, water is running continuously!

Chei! This man house don suffer ooo.
Why are people life this sef?
Person property!

Please change your mentality if u are guilty of this kinda attitude! Coz one day one day you'll become a landlord and you'll know how it feels.

N/B.. Their gateman ran away about a month ago!

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by cindyrocks(f): 2:41am On Aug 23, 2016
You are right.

Most tenants do not take care of their rented apartments, especially the compounds.

So bad.

26 Likes

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 23, 2016
I refuse to get into owning rental properties because of this horror stories I hear.

I am building a personal residence for myself and will continue to leave my investments safe in the USA.

If you have rented properties you should at least have a manager.

Shame.

11 Likes

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by veekid(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2016
Gateman ran away? Why?
Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 23, 2016
Probably because some of d landlords are thieving ba$tards

1 Like

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by niggi4life(m): 6:51am On Aug 23, 2016
You are right though not Every tenant.
At the place where i currently stay, the older tenants had this same attitude until i and some newer and educated tenants moved in, we forced them to change their mentality about the IDK way of doing things, how can a family filled with grown up kids just wake up in the morning without even sweeping thier own rooms.
Chaiii some people dirty no b small.

10 Likes

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by Goldenheart(m): 6:52am On Aug 23, 2016
Note taken
Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by magicminister: 6:53am On Aug 23, 2016
There is a way to go about this.
As a landlord, i take a deposit of 100,000 from every tenant moving into my building.

This 100k would be returned to the tenant when they are moving out if the apartment is in good conditions just like the way it was when they moved in.

The term "good condition" was clearly defined in the landlord tenant agreement.

So far, I haven't had any issue with any tenants and my property has always been in good shape.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by eleojo23: 6:53am On Aug 23, 2016
undecided
Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by dayosaurus(m): 6:53am On Aug 23, 2016
Typical Nigerian attitude. sad
Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by martineinstein(m): 6:53am On Aug 23, 2016
its really baffling.this same set of people will take front seat every sunday service.

Its one of the reasons than made me leave school hostel to a private apartment during my schooling in uniben:i was tired of turning runing tap off,seeing toilets unflushed after usage and untidiness.

Its this same attitude dey portray when they are with children that arent theirs.they only care about their own children.
Some nigerians are very wicked

I'm very happy that we dont have those set of ppl in my father's house.

10 Likes

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by Dexpro: 6:53am On Aug 23, 2016
Because its not theirs undecided
Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by edlion57(m): 6:53am On Aug 23, 2016
Because landlord should not chop everything
Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by Youngpo413: 6:54am On Aug 23, 2016
Caretaker
Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by Histrings08(m): 6:54am On Aug 23, 2016
Most of them don't know how it feels until they av their own

2 Likes

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by Ibj50(m): 6:54am On Aug 23, 2016
Friggin' true angry
Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by MadCow1: 6:54am On Aug 23, 2016
Because it does not not matter how well you take care of the property, most fhucking landlords will never refund you you damage deposit.

My first rented apartment which I paid 2 years for and made so much upgrades to the fake and halfassed fittings the fhucking landlord put in and only lived for 6 months inside due to a relocation from Port Harcourt to Lagos, the landlord still refused to return my damage deposit despite the house being in the same pristine condition I rented it.

I told the fhucker I wished I did some damage because he is an absolute arsshole.

With regards to the situation you described, chances are the place is semi-serviced and it's the Landlords employee that isn't doing his job of manning the pumps.

1 Like

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by gist4kidsblog: 6:56am On Aug 23, 2016
Ok

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 23, 2016
They must be ofe mmanu peeps. Cuz dem and dirt are like 5&6.

4 Likes

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by donbenedict(m): 7:00am On Aug 23, 2016
All boils down to one's character....

2 Likes

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by martineinstein(m): 7:00am On Aug 23, 2016
magicminister:
There is a way to go about this.
As a landlord, i take a deposit of 100,000 from every tenant moving into my building.

This 100k would be returned to the tenant when they are moving out if the apartment is in good conditions just like the way it was when they moved in.

The term "good condition" was clearly defined in the landlord tenant agreement.

So far, I haven't had any issue with any tenants and my property has always been in good shape.

ours is 50k...it has really help my father's property....the tenants are well behaved

1 Like

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by lonelydora: 7:00am On Aug 23, 2016
It is a serious issues.
Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by austinbrown: 7:01am On Aug 23, 2016
Op mind Ur business, what of my building that contributed 10k each flat for our landlord to open another borehole for use cos the old one sank and he ate our money?

1 Like

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by Mznaett: 7:01am On Aug 23, 2016
Simply because it's not theirs.....

1 Like

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by magicminister: 7:01am On Aug 23, 2016
MadCow1:
Because it does not not matter how well you take care of the property, most fhucking landlords will never refund you you damage deposit.

My first rented apartment which I paid 2 years for and made so much upgrades to the fake and halfassed fittings the fhucking landlord put in and only lived for 6 months inside due to a relocation from Port Harcourt to Lagos, the landlord still refused to return my damage deposit despite the house being in the same pristine condition I rented it.

I told the fhucker I wished I did some damage because he is an absolute arsshole.

With regards to the situation you described, chances are the place is semi-serviced and it's the Landlords employee that isn't doing his job of manning the pumps.

I always encourage tenants to take a snap shot of the apartment before they move in.
If you did any major renovation to the apartment without permission, that also consists of damages and will result in your deposit being withheld.

Personally, I always pay back the damage deposit unless there are actual damages in the apartment.
Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by ChappyChase: 7:02am On Aug 23, 2016
Cause they believe its not their property and its a waste of resource maintaining! Same goes for government property eg police Van!
Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by whyx06(m): 7:02am On Aug 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by passionate88: 7:03am On Aug 23, 2016
sad

Please change your mentality if u are guilty of this kinda attitude! Coz one day one day you'll become a landlord and you'll know how it feels
. @sade1994 When the presidiot refuses to change why expect the people to change?

2 Likes

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by ziggy3579: 7:04am On Aug 23, 2016
It's d Nigerian attitude in us( No b my property attitude), an average Nigerian will eat gala and throw the wrap on the road. The right attitude affects all spheres of life.

6 Likes

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 23, 2016
aikluck007:
Probably because some of d landlords are thieving ba$tards
Are u a landlord or related to one?

1 Like

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by nonjebose(m): 7:05am On Aug 23, 2016
sade1994:
It baffles me how people have this "I don't care" attitude towards other people's property. And here I'm talking about occupants of rented apartments.

There is this compound of eight flats beside where I live and people occupying the flats are all adults.

Guys, you can't believe that for the past two weeks their pumping machine had been pumping water continuously stopping only when the light is ceased( I'm not exaggerating) . And here we enjoy constant electricity at least 20 hours per day.
They come out of their flats, see the compound filled with water and they don't care.
The drainage is filled with their refuse and water and it's pretty annoying.

What kind of life is that? The thing just dey pepper me! Just because they don't own the house!
As I'm typing now, water is running continuously!

Chei! This man house don suffer ooo.
Why are people life this sef?
Person property!

Please change your mentality if u are guilty of this kinda attitude! Coz one day one day you'll become a landlord and you'll know how it feels.

N/B.. Their gateman ran away about a month ago!
Probably the gateman was the one in charge of the water department also. Some tenants are like that really. In some cases, the pumping machine get bad and some tenants will feel unconcerned about it, even when others are making efforts to do something about it.

2 Likes

Re: Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? by irunoko(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2016
EgunMogaji:
I refuse to get into owning rental properties because of this horror stories I hear.

I am building a personal residence for myself and will continue to leave my investments safe in the USA.

If you have rented properties you should at least have a manager.

Shame.

That's why landlords employ caretakers to monitor and oversee whatever they do so they don't mess up the landlords house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Accident Occur At Shibiri Ojo, Lagos (photos) / Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos / Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.