Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria (1273 Views)

Sango The God Of Thunder Was Raised By Nupe People / 12 Things To Remember In Life / Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria by uncleFola(m): 11:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
A little nostalgia has never killed anyone.

When we were younger, there were some funny things we did and now that I think about it, we had some crazy funny reasons for doing them. We somehow believed that these things helped us one way or the other.

1. Writing your name in your pen so that it doesn’t get stolen

It eventually got stolen most times but well, we kept writing.

2. Throwing your teeth on top of the roof for a lizard to pick

Because if you don’t throw your teeth, no teeth from father Lizard.

3. Waving at doves for white fingers

Leke leke, give me white finger.

4. Removing strands of your eyelashes and putting them at the door for your punishable offense to be forgotten

Until you hear your name and the next thing is a slap in your face

5. Reshape the bottle cap, put it inside the bottle and shake it

Because somehow we were convinced that the drink increased when we did that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria by ify2nyce(f): 11:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
hehe cheesy
Re: 5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria by Tascocent(m): 11:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
4. Removing strands of your eyelashes and putting them at the door for your punishable offense to be forgotten
Until you hear your name and the next thing is a slap in your face............ I do this one tire I swear #GoodOldDays
Re: 5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria by uncleFola(m): 11:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
uncleFola:

When we were younger, there were some funny things we did and now that I think about it, we had some crazy funny reasons for doing them. We somehow believed that these things helped us one way or the other.

Re: 5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria by Twerky101(f): 11:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
Did all except number 4

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria by jubeez(m): 12:01am On Mar 26, 2016
uncleFola:

Did all except 3 & 5
Re: 5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria by Cavenchy(m): 3:32am On Mar 26, 2016
Did 1 and 3, except in 3, they weren't doves but Egrets.
Re: 5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria by jubeez(m): 5:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
Twerky101:
Did all except number 4

Did all except 3 & 5
Re: 5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria by preetyb(f): 8:16am On Mar 27, 2016
The leke leke give me white finger actually works. I always ve a white stain to my nails whenever i sing that song back then.
Re: 5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria by jubeez(m): 9:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
Twerky101:
Did all except number 4

Kindly ff back on NL or ff on twitter @larryleojubeez or Facebook: Larry Leo
Re: 5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria by Idydarling(f): 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
did 1-3, never heard of 4, watched others do 5, but didn't do it myself
Re: 5 Things You Only Remember Doing If You Were Raised In Nigeria by seunny4lif(m): 10:18am On Mar 28, 2016
sad angry

(1) (Reply)

YEN & Ooni Of Ife To Host Youth Empowerment Summit 2017 To Empower 8000 Youths / How Lagos Yoruba Dialect Developed / Unveiling Nigerian Personalities By States Of The Federation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.