Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

File From Torrent Sites Legal Or Illegal? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / File From Torrent Sites Legal Or Illegal? (2041 Views)

Why Vpns Is Illegal In China / Pls How Do I Send Fingerprint Image Directly To Database Without File Upload? / Repairs All Corrupt PST Files In A New File (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

File From Torrent Sites Legal Or Illegal? by Raypawer(m): 1:23am On Mar 26, 2016
just to clear my doubt, i found out that most of the paid apps, videos are actually shared on torrent sites foc, i want to know if these torrent file are actually legal stuffs shared by some individuals or they are illegal stuffs because most of the files after unpacking them, you find info like, if you like this application, go purchase and support the developers...

Anyone to help out?
Re: File From Torrent Sites Legal Or Illegal? by anetuno(m): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2016
Of course you already know they are illegal, the instructors who put time and money to prepare those video tutorials certainly wouldn't have approved of their works being shared for people to download for free, so that's why some uploaders of such materials will admonish you to purchase the material to appreciate the efforts put in by the instructors. It is a completely different thing if somebody prepares an instructional material and chooses to share it for free on torrent sites or even compose music to share for publicity sake. Torrent sites are not illegal but the materials that an uploader may choose to share can infringe on copyrights. So you can be sure that all those Lynda.com videos and so many other materials like PDFs, music, etc are illegal to upload, download and share.
Re: File From Torrent Sites Legal Or Illegal? by Raypawer(m): 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2016
how about some one getting a paid app like Xamarin, and decides to share with friends? is it not the same

Like i have a subscription running at udemy, and the same course is what we are currently on @ school, i decide to give a friend my udemy login is it not the same

anetuno:
Of course you already know they are illegal, the instructors who put time and money to prepare those video tutorials certainly wouldn't have approved of their works being shared for people to download for free, so that's why some uploaders of such materials will admonish you to purchase the material to appreciate the efforts put in by the instructors. It is a completely different thing if somebody prepares an instructional material and chooses to share it for free on torrent sites or even compose music to share for publicity sake. Torrent sites are not illegal but the materials that an uploader may choose to share can infringe on copyrights. So you can be sure that all those Lynda.com videos and so many other materials like PDFs, music, etc are illegal to upload, download and share.
Re: File From Torrent Sites Legal Or Illegal? by anetuno(m): 10:43am On Mar 27, 2016
Raypawer:
how about some one getting a paid app like Xamarin, and decides to share with friends? is it not the same

Like i have a subscription running at udemy, and the same course is what we are currently on @ school, i decide to give a friend my udemy login is it not the same

So if you invest your time and energy to develop an app and somebody buys it and decides to share it with thousands of his friends who could in turn share it with many of their friends all for free, I am sure you will be OK with that?. Look I have told you the way it is but you can decide to twist it to suit whatever purpose you have in mind.
Re: File From Torrent Sites Legal Or Illegal? by tr3y(m): 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
Its illegal and usually contain backdoor(malware).
Re: File From Torrent Sites Legal Or Illegal? by Raypawer(m): 12:12am On Mar 29, 2016
Brother i Appreciate and value you so much, am Glad to see that there are still Real Sincere people out there, i wanted to share my udemy login sometime, but somehow i refrained from doing so, i was now battling with downloading from torrent.. now that you have clearly stated that its a sin, i will share the conviction...

God of Heaven and Earth Bless You

anetuno:

So if you invest your time and energy to develop an app and somebody buys it and decides to share it with thousands of his friends who could in turn share it with many of their friends all for free, I am sure you will be OK with that?. Look I have told you the way it is but you can decide to twist it to suit whatever purpose you have in mind.

(1) (Reply)

Java / Java Programming & Android App Development Tutorials / My Android App For Review - It Encrypts and Decrypts Text and Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.