Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,262 members, 7,829,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers (4507 Views)

After Eliminating 40,000 Ghost Workers We Saved N8billion Monthly – presidency / 43,000 ‘ghost Workers’ Uncovered In Nigerian Security Agencies / 34,000 Ghost Workers: Syndicate Uncovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by Bawsse(m): 3:23am On Mar 26, 2016
Bauchi State Governor, Alhaji Mohammed Abubakar, has set up a panel to investigate the over 10,000 ghost workers in the state civil service, saying they will not escape prosecution.

According to him, 10,000 ghost workers were uncovered during the recent physical verification which made Bank Verification Number a compulsory requirement before workers could receive salaries.

The panel comprises a high ranking lawyer from the Ministry of Justice, a senior detective from the police, another detective from the Department of State Services and one each from the Office of the Accountant-General and the Office of the Auditor-General.

The governor said the BVN was one of the various means adopted by his government to track fraud in the civil service and weed out ghost workers.

Abubakar spoke during an interview with journalists in Abuja after the conferment of an award on him by the Forum of former National Assembly members who served between the First and Fourth Republics.

At the event, the governor called on the international community to assist Bauchi State fix public structures such as hospitals, classrooms and others destroyed by the Boko Haram terror group.

He said, “I have done a lot to checkmate activities of ghost workers in my state; that is the burning issue now in Bauchi State. From January till date, I have embarked on an exercise to clean the payroll of Bauchi State. I started with a physical verification and then I went into BVN and BVN has done a lot for us.

“Till date, we have discovered about 22,000 workers whose existences are doubtful. I don’t want to say they are ghost workers and I do not want to say we have discovered 22, 000 ghost workers because it is give and take. They may be genuine workers that have been caught up with one glitch or the other in the system because technology itself has its glitches.

“So, there may be instances like that but I know for a fact that no matter what, those instances will not surpass 5,000. So, even if those cases with glitches go up to 5,000, we have still discovered upwards of 10,000 ghost workers in Bauchi State.

“As I am speaking to you now, the panel is sitting in Bauchi, scrutinising all the papers in respect of those culprits we have been able to identify as ghost workers.

“There are some cases where you will see a male name with BVN and another female name with the same BVN, meaning that the genuine worker is receiving two salaries, one in respect of his name and the other in respect of the female’s name.”

Abubakar said such people had been brought before the committee for interrogation after which their statements would be recorded.

www.punchng.com/bauchi-sets-up-panel-to-probe-10000-ghost-workers/

Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by KissCODE(m): 3:58am On Mar 26, 2016
Bawsse:
There are some cases where you will see a male
name with BVN and another female name with the
same BVN,
meaning that the genuine worker is
receiving two salaries, one in respect of his name and
the other in respect of the female’s name.”
Bakers please make una tell me is this possible? If it is possible, please tell me what magic did the owner do to be able to link the two accounts to one BVN?
I know this is Nigeria where MAGIC happens. I am asking this question because I witnessed where people couldnt access their accounts because of variation in their birth date... how can a male link his BVN to another account where he/she is a female?

someone help clear my mind here... and if this true, that means someone in a bank should also be prosecuted for aiding fraudulent process... jail should be his/her next point of call

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by Goldencollins: 4:00am On Mar 26, 2016
Buhari is the commander in Chief of Fulani herdsmen,
El rufia is a little devil/sadist who drives joy in making the poor cry.
All these Top apc members secure juicy appointments for their kids in CBN and NNPC while the jobless Sai Buhari chanting Zombie youths wallow in poverty.
As usual the Zombies are free to quote me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by TPAND(f): 5:40am On Mar 26, 2016
Probe! Probe! Probe! Is becoming stale. We are tired of this corruption, corruption noise. Our Economy needs a revival.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by Standing5(m): 6:24am On Mar 26, 2016
Buhari admin is right to priotize blocking of leakages. The theft of public fund is multi-layered and simply to much for the system. In my estimate, 40% of all recurrent bills are leakages.

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by ifyan(m): 6:52am On Mar 26, 2016
Truly corruption is a disease in the country
Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by Bawsse(m): 9:16am On Mar 26, 2016
KissCODE:
Bakers please make una tell me is this possible? If it is possible, please tell me what magic did the owner do to be able to link the two accounts to one BVN?
I know this is Nigeria where MAGIC happens. I am asking this question because I witnessed where people couldnt access their accounts because of variation in their birth date... how can a male link his BVN to another account where he/she is a female?

someone help clear my mind here... and if this true, that means someone in a bank should also be prosecuted for aiding fraudulent process... jail should be his/her next point of call

All These cnt be possible without the management of the bank..

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by Flexherbal(m): 9:51am On Mar 26, 2016
Can't we just be upright for once. Ghost workers everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by sinkhole: 10:21am On Mar 26, 2016
Nawa o, Muazu hunted for tens of thousands of ghost workers and he got them! Yuguda did samething and he got them too and now this government in Bauchi state is doing same and still getting such number.
Please, who exactly is the real human worker in Bauchi State?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by Dee60: 10:39am On Mar 26, 2016
No Comment!

But why are Nigerians so terribly corrupt?

10,000 ghost workers? In a state as poor as bauchi?

3 Likes

Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by missionmex(m): 10:40am On Mar 26, 2016
Nigeria my Nigeria kwarufsion everywhere.
Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by gokay11(m): 10:46am On Mar 26, 2016
Corruption don finish diz country
Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by Ayoswit(f): 10:47am On Mar 26, 2016
K
Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by wasco24: 10:53am On Mar 26, 2016
Is very possible

KissCODE:

Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by babdap: 10:56am On Mar 26, 2016
I wish to be part of the committee

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by 4nobody4every1: 11:08am On Mar 26, 2016
Too many ghost workers in Nigeria, why are they waking up from their graves to collect salary?.....are ghost not suppose to rest in peace with the dead, Oya Obasanjo what do you have to say angry

1 Share

Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 26, 2016
Plz probe the ghost and spirits also continue to wait for Intl organization to build hospitals and schools for u
Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by ilerry007(m): 11:11am On Mar 26, 2016
And some useless fool's will say there is nothing like change or corruption. There is unemployment everywhere still yet we have something or some people calling there self ghost workers. Has for me #Idon'tstand4buhari. #Istand4change #istand4movement in Nigeria I will stand and say NO to corruption because I believe so much in Nigeria and am one of the future of Nigeria
Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by ednut1(m): 11:12am On Mar 26, 2016
Eyah, we have been hearing of ghost workers since God knows when. But when foul yansh open they will never mention d banks and govt staff involved. Thunder fire them all. All the arms of govt are corruption havens. No one pays attention to d 774 LGA. Rubbish country grin
Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 26, 2016
KissCODE:

The bank is involved, i'm talkin bout CBN.
Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by Adesiji77: 1:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
Probe ti take over...
Re: Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
10,000 !!!!!!!!!!

Corruption in high places

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Protest Rocks Abuja Over State Of The Nation (photos) / X / Governor Fayemi Greets Christians At Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.