Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? (873 Views)

Burial Poster Of 38-Year-Old IPOB Member Shot Dead By Soldiers In Anambra(pics) / Nigeria, The Soft Rich Boy Forced To Befriend Local Bullies For A Peaceful Life / Police Trained On Counter I.E.D Measures Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? by MrEmkaul(m): 6:04am On Mar 26, 2016
So, yesterday on my way from the market, I ran into an exuberant crowd which was impending traffic.. However, unlike the signature frenzy that envelopes a crowd, reacting to an emergency or danger, This crowd was some
how calm and even cheerful and yet not happy.

So I decided to take a look to see what must have drawn such a huge crowd.
Only to get close to discover 4 individuals; all naked, swimming in the gutter and three macho men, all holding whips, dressed in military camouflage looking almost fierce and brave but for their disgraceful bullying attitude

So, I got close to someone and asked, what was the offense of these young men, "They were all in a car that mistakenly hit the car of the soldiers" She replied.

Words fail me to describe my feelings when I heard the cause of this public disgrace.
Why would you get someone naked simply because he "bashed" your car?
How is that even fair?
What saddens me the most is that yesterday's event is not a on-off thing.

It is public knowledge that some certain groups of people are above the law in our beloved country – soldiers are one of them.
An average Nigerian soldier is the plaintiff, the judge and the enforcer in his own case.
He is not afraid to batter anyone (except the person is rich of course) at the slightest provocation.

I don’t know what entails in other states but I have witnessed several instances in and around Lagos. In saner societies, a soldier is synonymous to discipline, service and selfless sacrifice.
That does not seem to be the case in my dear country. Here, it seems being a soldier means you are exempted from the laws that bind civilians. You can punish anyone anyhow provided you think they have done something wrong.

There have been several incidents of Soldiers going on rampage, taking laws in their hands, and most times for being in the wrong.
One does not have to possess divination powers to know that
the continued show of recklessness by some of our soldiers is simply a result of their getting away with it.

While our democratic
government continues to be lackadaisical about curbing the excesses of these soldiers
continues to baffle me. I hope it is not a result of our fear that they might take over the reins of government again.

While I would like to apologise to the soldiers who are quite responsible in their demeanour, I sincerely have no hopes that the powers that be would do any concrete thing in righting the wrong done to us by these bullies whose salary we pay.

Cc; Lalasticlala

Re: Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? by blackfase(m): 6:35am On Mar 26, 2016
Too bad. Fela called them a certain name, someone pls remind me. Think it starts with a Zed or something.....

Bastards!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? by daniska3yaro(m): 6:56am On Mar 26, 2016
Lol
Re: Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 26, 2016
I used to have respect for Soldiers, now its utter hatred. I have never mourned any of them killed by BH, Be he Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba! I just hate them cos they are all wicked and heartless! If the post them to your area, they go as far as molesting girls. Fools!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? by Opinedecandid(m): 7:30am On Mar 26, 2016
#Character Education is the answer
Re: Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? by koboko69: 8:04am On Mar 26, 2016
This OP is a shameless liar!

Just out to redicle the Nigerian Army.

4 people told to go unclad a snd swim in the gutter cos they bashed their car is a lie from the pit of hell.

U posted a pic of only one guy in the gutter...yet u claim there were 4 guys.
Re: Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? by tonychristopher: 8:14am On Mar 26, 2016
MrEmkaul:
So, yesterday on my way from the market, I ran into an exuberant crowd which was impending traffic.. However, unlike the signature frenzy that envelopes a crowd, reacting to an emergency or danger, This crowd was some
how calm and even cheerful and yet not happy.

So I decided to take a look to see what must have drawn such a huge crowd.
Only to get close to discover 4 individuals; all naked, swimming in the gutter and three macho men, all holding whips, dressed in military camouflage looking almost fierce and brave but for their disgraceful bullying attitude

So, I got close to someone and asked, what was the offense of these young men, "They were all in a car that mistakenly hit the car of the soldiers" She replied.

Words fail me to describe my feelings when I heard the cause of this public disgrace.
Why would you get someone naked simply because he "bashed" your car?
How is that even fair?
What saddens me the most is that yesterday's event is not a on-off thing.

It is public knowledge that some certain groups of people are above the law in our beloved country – soldiers are one of them.
An average Nigerian soldier is the plaintiff, the judge and the enforcer in his own case.
He is not afraid to batter anyone (except the person is rich of course) at the slightest provocation.

I don’t know what entails in other states but I have witnessed several instances in and around Lagos. In saner societies, a soldier is synonymous to discipline, service and selfless sacrifice.
That does not seem to be the case in my dear country. Here, it seems being a soldier means you are exempted from the laws that bind civilians. You can punish anyone anyhow provided you think they have done something wrong.

There have been several incidents of Soldiers going on rampage, taking laws in their hands, and most times for being in the wrong.
One does not have to possess divination powers to know that
the continued show of recklessness by some of our soldiers is simply a result of their getting away with it.

While our democratic
government continues to be lackadaisical about curbing the excesses of these soldiers
continues to baffle me. I hope it is not a result of our fear that they might take over the reins of government again.

While I would like to apologise to the soldiers who are quite responsible in their demeanour, I sincerely have no hopes that the powers that be would do any concrete thing in righting the wrong done to us by these bullies whose salary we pay.

Cc; Lalasticlala

Ogaits in Lagos you can see this thing
My friend has fought a soilder at Onitsha and beat that guy to a stupor...I mean you can't do such in igbo land ...tel a man to strip and roll in water . FOR WHAT

I better die fighting them than to be humiliated by men ...

DIGNITY matters
Re: Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? by MrEmkaul(m): 8:39am On Mar 26, 2016
I can clearly see you're one of them...

They were all at different points in the gutter; each with his own oppressor. You expect me to run the risk of being asked to join them by going to take photos of everyone of them?

I even pretended to be pressing my phone just to take this photo.
koboko69:

4 people told to go unclad a snd swim in the gutter cos they bashed their car is a lie from the pit of hell.

Re: Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? by koboko69: 8:54am On Mar 26, 2016
tonychristopher:

Ogaits in Lagos you can see this thing
My friend has fought a soilder at Onitsha and beat that guy to a stupor...I mean you can't do such in igbo land ...tel a man to strip and roll in water . FOR WHAT

I better die fighting them than to be humiliated by men ...

DIGNITY matters
There they go again. Chest beating....
It was in Lagos some miscreants where shot dead for trying to break Nigeria?
In as much as I don't support such brutality, but this tribalism always spinned to everything is irritating...

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? by mich24(m): 9:06am On Mar 26, 2016
koboko69:

shocked you must be residing in Jupiter grin

Pls when you visit earth try coming to Nigeria cheesy
Re: Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? by tonychristopher: 10:52am On Mar 26, 2016
koboko69:

There they go again. Chest beating....
It was in Lagos some miscreants where shot dead for trying to break Nigeria?
In as much as I don't support such brutality, but this tribalism always spinned to everything is irritating...

Oga this isn't chest beating ..shooting dead is different from bashing a car to lie in gutter

That I can't do. There are stubborn people on earth and I am one of them

I told you my friend has fought a soilder before and this happened at fegge Onitsha ..you can doubt it

There are stubborn people and there are cowards

I am done with you....happy Easter.. Pls don't quote me cos I never quoted you

Damn
Re: Soldiers Or Trained Bullies? by slimfit1(m): 11:01am On Mar 26, 2016
Nigerian soldiers are the least trained in the world don't know the reasons why they do their jobs most of them. They are supposed to protect and defend the weak, but you find them doing the opposite, give them a battle they struggle that's why we are still talking about boko haram.
Most of them don't know their job description starting from the top and I'm talking about the top generals too.
You look at them and you just wonder how we manage to waste money on these monkeys at the top.

(1) (Reply)

"Fear IMN Is Gaining Momentum, Shiites May Takeover Government" / Snapshot Of Message Sent By Chiarman Of Appropriation Commitee Hon Abdulmunin / 2016 Budget: Nigerian Senate Issues Strong Statement,warns Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.