Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. (5325 Views)

Christian Life Is Very Difficult / Without God, Your Life Is Empty For God Is Life / 5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
plaetton:

My dear friend, thank you for your kind words and insight.

If God exists, I still think that those us of who question and seek understsnding of deep existential questions would be his favorites.

If God imbued us with a mind to think, then I think we owe him an obligation to use it, including questioning his existence and origins.
+100 likes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
^^^
do you question and seek understanding of deep existential questions? or have you made up your mind about everything entirely, and only laugh and mock?
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by paschu: 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
plaetton:

My dear friend, thank you for your kind words and insight.

If God exists, I still think that those us of who question and seek understsnding of deep existential questions would be his favorites.

If God imbued us with a mind to think, then I think we owe him an obligation to use it, including questioning his existence and origins.

Yea, I think you're correct. The only thing I may add is that in your quest about God, it's good to use wisdom, tact and humility. I know nothing about the doctrines of existentialism but I know that God does not ignore true humility. Thus I think a good dose of it (humility) will take you further into deeper discoveries than you can ever imagine - yea, including getting into the realns of personal understanding of the person of God. That's assuming you care to delve into that realm sincerely.

Humans are not limited by ignorance realky, but by arrogance. I tell you, there are tremendous secrets in God waiting to be discovered by those who are humble and iquisitive enough.

To give you an idea into what am talkibg about, what you guys are calling magic, and what many of religious folks call miracles, are the very things the Lord Jesus called WORKS. Do you know why he refered to them as works? It's because they are governed by definite laws. I mean laws as evident as the law of gravity and other natural laws. Unfortunately lots of these laws are not yet discovered by humans due to ignorance induced by arrogance.

I'm talking about laws that can counter both death and gravity itself and enable folks to move at the speed of thought. This may sound insane but it's for real.

And I said that just to say that if scientists will get humble in their quest for understanding and knowledge their advancements will be faster than their wildest imaginations.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Weah96: 10:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
paschu:

Well, it's like you got me wrong entirely. [size=18pt]When I said he won't explain himself to anyone, I was not talking about explaining his personality, preferences or artributes. .[/size]

Bro, he's not explaining his personality to anyone, except his bronze age Hebrew biographers.
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by paschu: 11:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
Weah96:

Bro, he's not explaining his personality to anyone, except his bronze age Hebrew biographers.

Suit yourself bro. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:30am On Mar 28, 2016
paschu:

Suit yourself bro. grin

Don't take that guy serious... I've known him here on Nairaland for long..... He knows nothin'.. Believe me.. nothin'...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by plaetton: 8:10am On Mar 28, 2016
Joshthefirst:
^^^
do you question and seek understanding of deep existential questions? or have you made up your mind about everything entirely, and only laugh and mock?

I am student of life.

I mock those who claim certainty and then live their entire lives pulling out rabbits from their axxes, all in vain attempts to validate the gradually eroding certainties that their faith mortgages them to.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by paschu: 8:46am On Mar 28, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

Don't take that guy serious... I've known him here on Nairaland for long..... He knows nothin'.. Believe me.. nothin'...

My brother. Some folks just argue for arguing sake. No objectivity at all. grin
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:33am On Mar 28, 2016
paschu:

My brother. Some folks just argue for arguing sake. No objectivity at all. grin

Such is the sake of that dude... Plus did I also mention he is a Pathetic Liar..

1 Like

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by paschu: 9:38am On Mar 28, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

Such is the sake of that dude... Plus did I also mention he is a Pathetic Liar..

grin grin grin
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
plaetton:
We atheists of the scientific bend have always argued that life , no matter how unique, no matter how simple or complex, is , at the most basic level, a chemical reaction or a long series of chemical reactions.

On the other side of the divide, the theists have always insisted that no matter how you combine chemicals, you can never get the breath of life because life, they insist, is a spiritual essence unconnected to chemical reactions. They claim that the breath of life is the special prerogative of the omni omni God.

The mystery of the origins of life in the universe is one that has defied simple scientific explanations.

But undeterred, science has, typical of its very nature, continued to ask and search , starting from positions of uncertainty to ever increasing positions of certainty.

Now, a new breakthrough is threatening to confirm the position that we have always held; that when the right chemical and environmental threshold is attained, anything is possible, including life.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-24/scientists-create-tiniest-life-form-yet-not-sure-what-it-is
It's called genetic engineering. I see no difference.

Probably the decease causing bacteria that will cause an outbreak in the dark continent like AIDS and EBOLA in a few years.

Most of the food we eat and domestic animals are genetically engineered the same way. They take DNA here and inject it there.

It's modification. They used already occuring DNA and bacteria cell.
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by plaetton: 12:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
Muafrika2:

Probably the decease causing bacteria that will cause an outbreak in the dark continent like AIDS and EBOLA in a few years.

Most of the food we eat and domestic animals are genetically engineered the same way. They take DNA here and inject it there.

Nope.

Pls read the article again.
They didn't create a hybrid creature.

They created life, a new life form, a feat that had hitherto been the sole prerogative of the omni omni God.
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
If that's true it explains where rudimentary decease causing animals came from. It's probably not the first time in human history it's happening.
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
plaetton:

Nope.

Pls read the article again.
They didn't create a hybrid creature.

They created life, a new life form, a feat that had hitherto been the sole prerogative of the omni omni God.

It will always be .

But its rather shameful that after the preponderance of evidences cited against your claims - life was created during the experiment - by JoshTheFirst , you still hold unto them.

But did this elude you : Life was "created" by an intelligent designer - I think I have seen that somewhere wink

Oh . Even if scientists manage to do create life from the non living - if God permits - it still proves that such process requires an intelligent designer . Its a win win for the theists anyway .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Joshthefirst(m): 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
Muafrika2:

That plaetton can still get away with this story of a thread even after it has been debunked and shown to be a lie shows that there is deep-seated indoctrination and dogma among the atheistic 'students of life'.

A living genome was reduced and it equates to creating life.

2 Likes

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by plaetton: 4:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
Joshthefirst:
That plaetton can still get away with this story of a thread even after it has been debunked and shown to be a lie shows that there is deep-seated indoctrination and dogma among the atheistic 'students of life'.

A living genome was reduced and it equates to creating life.

Who debunked it ?

Show me the link?
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by plaetton: 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

It will always be .

But its rather shameful that after the preponderance of evidences cited against your claims - life was created during the experiment - by JoshTheFirst , you still hold unto them.

But did this elude you : Life was "created" by an intelligent designer - I think I have seen that somewhere wink

Oh . Even if scientists manage to do create life from the non living - if God permits - it still proves that such process requires an intelligent designer . Its a win win for the theists anyway .

Lol.
Religious nuts, by default, are the natural debunkers of scientific facts and theories.

Debunking scientific facts with Sunday school logic is still far way being credible.
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Fadman4real(m): 5:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
Aw do you call a sythensized genome life, it is kind of shameful the things biologists and evolutionarists boast of these days

2 Likes

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by ElCount: 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
plaetton:
We atheists of the scientific bend have always argued that life , no matter how unique, no matter how simple or complex, is , at the most basic level, a chemical reaction or a long series of chemical reactions.

On the other side of the divide, the theists have always insisted that no matter how you combine chemicals, you can never get the breath of life because life, they insist, is a spiritual essence unconnected to chemical reactions. They claim that the breath of life is the special prerogative of the omni omni God.

The mystery of the origins of life in the universe is one that has defied simple scientific explanations.

But undeterred, science has, typical of its very nature, continued to ask and search , starting from positions of uncertainty to ever increasing positions of certainty.

Now, a new breakthrough is threatening to confirm the position that we have always held; that when the right chemical and environmental threshold is attained, anything is possible, including life.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-24/scientists-create-tiniest-life-form-yet-not-sure-what-it-is
Do you realize the absurdity of the conundrum that article presents? The topic says "scientist create tiniest life form yet not sure what it is"
How do you know its a life form when you aren't sure of what it is, that is to say you actually want to convince people of something you aren't sure of, that fails like 100% of the time

3 Likes

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
plaetton:

Who debunked it ?

Show me the link?
Done that already. I don't have time to play games.
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by plaetton: 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fadman4real:
Aw do you call a sythensized genome life, it is kind of shameful the things biologists and evolutionarists boast of these days

Depends on your definition of life.
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Fadman4real(m): 6:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
plaetton:

Depends on your definition of life.

Life as we understand must be able to grow on his own and reproduce his kind. This stuff d biologists did is like a guy writing an helloworld program and challenging Google that he has created a program mtshew

1 Like

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by plaetton: 7:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fadman4real:

Life as we understand must be able to grow on his own and reproduce his kind. This stuff d biologists did is like a guy writing an helloworld program and challenging Google that he has created a program mtshew

If life can grow on its own , then who needs god?
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
plaetton:

Because it was designed that way . It didn't just wake up one morning and then decide to grow on its own

2 Likes

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Joshthefirst:
^^^

I think uncle plaetton has decided that God does not exist and there is no proof to explain God's existence- atheism . So its a blatant lie calling himself a "student for life " with such close-mindedness .

He's just good at twisting words to deceive the gullible cool

Sir , I dey lie ?

2 Likes

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I think uncle plaetton has decided that God does not exist and there is no proof to explain God's existence- atheism . So its a blatant lie calling himself a "student for life " with such close-mindedness .

He's just good at twisting words to deceive the gullible cool

Sir , I dey lie ?
He might say he is an open student of life, so might many others like him, but unfortunately they act like they have beliefs to fight for. And they fight eloquently and valiantly, and aggressively. Without the basic tolerance for anything else. Like a bully in a playground.

He may say we're behind a wall of beliefs, but he is behind his own wall, shooting arrows at opponents, and waiting for life or science to validate his worldview, not the other way round

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by jimmynauty: 11:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
plaetton:
[b]We atheists of the scientific bend [/b]have always argued that life , no matter how unique, no matter how simple or complex, is , at the most basic level, a chemical reaction or a long series of chemical reactions.

while we gave non scientific athiest like ifeness
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by DrLazDevitan: 10:12am On Mar 29, 2016
UyiIredia:
This is plaetton being foolish. Life being designed in the lab doesn't prove evolution or abiogenesisis. It instead proves that to get something as complex as life requires intelligent input. This supports a creationist or ID position.

Though an Atheist,i didn't see any reason to toothpick this gingival debris out of my rational masticulation.

Plaeton's melted in your cloud!
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:15am On Mar 29, 2016
DrLazDevitan:

Though an Atheist,i didn't see any reason to toothpick this gingival debris out of my rational masticulation.

Plaeton's melted in your cloud!

Patrick obahiaghon?
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Fadman4real(m): 11:41am On Mar 29, 2016
plaetton:

Who do you think created the life and gave it the ability to grow or whats the genome created in the lab done by natural forces. The world is extremely complex and to think that such a complex creation was done by luck and without an external force is follishness of the highest order.

It took scientists a cummulative of billions of hours to create a genome and then we are to use that as an evidence that life was created by nothing and just a random movement of electrons and protons. Check out how complex the DNA structure is, Antony Flew a prominent atheist converted after reading about the DNA and how complex the structure is. We are still far from discovering the full complexity of the DNA and would probably take us anoother billions of hours of researchers time to discover it. Yet you would still choose to believe a lie that all this was created by a random body.

That is why the book of Romans says that "For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." - Rom 1:20
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 29, 2016
Joshthefirst:

Patrick obahiaghon?
grin grin
Might be a family member. grin

1 Like

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

grin grin
Might be a family member. grin

grin lwtmb ... it could be him wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Phone Contacts For Booking Of These Gospel Artists / Why Do People Lie Against God? / The Truth Concerning Temptation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.