Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. (5324 Views)

Christian Life Is Very Difficult / Without God, Your Life Is Empty For God Is Life / 5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 30, 2016

1 Like

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by menesheh(m): 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
Joshthefirst:

You aren't just lying Plaetton, but I've finally seen your true color. You are shallow. You saw this article on bloomberg and didn't even bother to look into details, but blatantly ran away to misrepresent original research in hopes of advertising and confirming your world view.

Scientists did not create life, they engineered a very simple life-form. Did they synthesize its genome from raw-materials? No. Did they design any aspect at all of the engineered organism's cell? No. They essentially did cut and join and removed non-essential genes from the genome of their raw material until they found a functional point.

Scientists engineer a life form and plaetton comes on nairaland to report that life has been created in the lab. Shame on you.

Source

And I can no longer truly take you seriously, you, or any other parader that has come to this thread to pat your back.
I'm truly disappointed in you, and Kay. I know it may not mean anything to you, but I once held you in high esteem as someone who didn't talk falsehoods or misrepresent to promote his beliefs. But that has continued to change of recent, and this thread is the straw that has broken the camels back.
Are you even a scientist in any way? I seriously doubt.

cry

I weep for the way anti-theism has turned normal rational thinking folks into skewed paraders like this.

I have no time for derived mockers who know nothing about science as it seems.

What's anti-theism and what make you think am one. Am a fucking atheist who don't give a rat-ass about disproving theistic claims but waiting patiently for them to meet their burden of prove.

As far as there is still no demonstrated miracle and supernatural causation for claims of supernature, you can't rationally be justified believing any of those miscellaneous labours.

1 Like

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:24am On Apr 06, 2016
menesheh:

What's anti-theism and what make you think am one. Am a fucking atheist who don't give a rat-ass about disproving theistic claims but waiting patiently for them to meet their burden of prove.

As far as there is still no demonstrated miracle and supernatural causation for claims of supernature, you can't rationally be justified believing any of those miscellaneous labours.

Please go back to where you came from with your shallow post of course
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by cloudgoddess(f): 2:45am On Apr 06, 2016
Fadman4real:

Who do you think created the life and gave it the ability to grow or whats the genome created in the lab done by natural forces. The world is extremely complex and to think that such a complex creation was done by luck and without an external force is follishness of the highest order.

It took scientists a cummulative of billions of hours to create a genome and then we are to use that as an evidence that life was created by nothing and just a random movement of electrons and protons. Check out how complex the DNA structure is, Antony Flew a prominent atheist converted after reading about the DNA and how complex the structure is. We are still far from discovering the full complexity of the DNA and would probably take us anoother billions of hours of researchers time to discover it. Yet you would still choose to believe a lie that all this was created by a random body.

That is why the book of Romans says that "For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." - Rom 1:20
The world is extremely complex and to think that such a complex creation was done by luck and without an external force is follishness of the highest order.
How are natural laws of physics & chemistry "luck"? Surely in the relatively short time humans have been doing science, we've seen that things like the formation of planets and other celestial bodies, the growth of planets and animals, and the molding of mountains and earth, all follow rather predictably from natural laws. We don't know everything, of course, but we know enough to conclude that virtually all of what we see around us happens naturally - NOT with magic. No one ever waves a wand and creates a tree, or prays to someone's stomach and POOF a baby. It would not be surprising, then, if the "original cause", the beginning of the universe, or whatever one would like to call it, was also of natural causes. Perhaps natural causes we do not yet fully understand, but natural causes nontheless.

Why would the external force have to be an emotional Jewish God and not the infinite number of other possible external forces that could have possibly lead to the universe? How is it not a huge misstep to jump to the conclusion that the answer must be a human-like supernatural entity of middle-eastern origin who was introduced to Africans by white missionaries?

Check out how complex the DNA structure is, Antony Flew a prominent atheist converted after reading about the DNA and how complex the structure is.
This is silly. Hundreds of thousands of scientists work on DNA every day and are not religious, party because they know how DNA works. It does not defy any laws of chemistry or physics. Just because it's mindblowing, complex, and difficult to understand, doesn't mean it's magic.

Yet you would still choose to believe a lie that all this was created by a random body.
This is creating a false dichotomy. The only two options are not either "Jewish humanoid supernatural entity called Yahweh" or "a completely random jumbling of chemicals (which btw is not even what the big bang claims, if that's what you were referring to)". There is an entire spectrum of possible answers for that question (in no particular order):
- any of the 4,000+ gods that have been created and worshipped throughout human history (including but by no means limited to yahweh)
- a different god which no human has named yet
- natural laws that have always been in existence in some form, changing gradually as eons pass (most of what we know scientifically points to this answer)
- unicorns
- goblins
- aliens

The list goes on. The amount of possible answers is vast, and the only reason you particularly accept Yahweh is because it's what you were raised to accept, or at the very least, it's one of the very few options your society has lead you to accept (Yahweh or Allah, in terms of most of Nigeria).

1 Like

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by menesheh(m): 12:44am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Please go back to where you came from with your shallow post of course

What an amazingly stupid comment. Say something as regards to the comment, no way but always looking for who to lure and kindle some kiddie argument with.

1 Like

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Joshthefirst(m): 1:52am On Apr 07, 2016
menesheh:

What an amazingly stupid comment. Say something as regards to the comment, no way but always looking for who to lure and kindle some kiddie argument with.

sorry abeg bros. No vex. grin
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Fadman4real(m): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2016
cloudgoddess:

The world is extremely complex and to think that such a complex creation was done by luck and without an external force is follishness of the highest order.
How are natural laws of physics & chemistry "luck"? Surely in the relatively short time humans have been doing science, we've seen that things like the formation of planets and other celestial bodies, the growth of planets and animals, and the molding of mountains and earth, all follow rather predictably from natural laws. We don't know everything, of course, but we know enough to conclude that virtually all of what we see around us happens naturally - NOT with magic. No one ever waves a wand and creates a tree, or prays to someone's stomach and POOF a baby. It would not be surprising, then, if the "original cause", the beginning of the universe, or whatever one would like to call it, was also of natural causes. Perhaps natural causes we do not yet fully understand, but natural causes nontheless.

This is really funny, the bible clearly says that God is not a magician, now let me give you an example, I am a computer scientist, if i should create an A.I. and give the program ability to learn and improve itself without my aid does that mean the machine created itself?

Look at an ant, they are very tiny, yet they know that they are supposed to store food during dry season and build a house to prevent rain from destroying them likewise every single animal has inbuilt survival tactics. There is no way these things could just come to be without an intelligent being behind it, people would love to believe there is no God as it gives you the freedom you desire to do as you wish but it is foolishness.

Science is the greatest proof that there is God, everyday we discover amazing things about this planet and yet you claim that it was created without an intelligent being. Have you ever seen a painting without a painter.

Why would the external force have to be an emotional Jewish God and not the infinite number of other possible external forces that could have possibly lead to the universe? How is it not a huge misstep to jump to the conclusion that the answer must be a human-like supernatural entity of middle-eastern origin who was introduced to Africans by white missionaries?

Why is 2 + 2 = 4 and not one of the infinitely numbers available, you cant argue something is a lie just because there are other options. I have discovered that the Christian God is the true God, that would be an arguement for another day but you should know that just because there are other gods does not mean there is no true God. That arguement is faulty in many ways.

Check out how complex the DNA structure is, Antony Flew a prominent atheist converted after reading about the DNA and how complex the structure is.
This is silly. Hundreds of thousands of scientists work on DNA every day and are not religious, party because they know how DNA works. It does not defy any laws of chemistry or physics. Just because it's mindblowing, complex, and difficult to understand, doesn't mean it's magic.

Do you know that it has been discoverd that you can store data that would fill like three story building using the tech we have today in just one cube of DNA?

How much research and human knowledge was used to get to the level of technology we achieved today billions and billions of hours of cummulative research and funny enough we never created a new thing just used the resources we found on this earth. why didnt these things develop themselves yet something more complex than it all created itself. Your logic is faulty

Yet you would still choose to believe a lie that all this was created by a random body.
This is creating a false dichotomy. The only two options are not either "Jewish humanoid supernatural entity called Yahweh" or "a completely random jumbling of chemicals (which btw is not even what the big bang claims, if that's what you were referring to)". There is an entire spectrum of possible answers for that question (in no particular order):
- any of the 4,000+ gods that have been created and worshipped throughout human history (including but by no means limited to yahweh)
- a different god which no human has named yet
- natural laws that have always been in existence in some form, changing gradually as eons pass (most of what we know scientifically points to this answer)
- unicorns
- goblins
- aliens

The list goes on. The amount of possible answers is vast, and the only reason you particularly accept Yahweh is because it's what you were raised to accept, or at the very least, it's one of the very few options your society has lead you to accept (Yahweh or Allah, in terms of most of Nigeria).

Do you know that the big bang theory actually agrees with the bible's claim of how the world was created.

According to big bang theory there was nothing the world was empty until out of a sudden within the twinkle of an eye, in micro seconds the world came to be everything that needed to be created was created in that one second.

The same with what the bible says in Genesis The world was empty and void, God said let there be light and there was light, that happened in a twinkle of an eye.

There are many options quite alright but no doubt the most foolish of those options is the one that says earth just came to be and was created by protons etc. the fact that there are natural laws only points more to an intelligent being, it is left for you to discover the being. Do you think natural laws just came to be and were created by the movement of protons and electrons who had a meeting place. There is no way science would be able to explain the origins of the natural laws or how they came to be which is because this things are too complex to be explained by jumping protons and electrons.
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 30, 2016
UyiIredia:

Crap. There is nil scientific evidence for angiogenesis and evolution. The only proof is the blind faith evolutionists like yourself have. Bring your so-called evidence and watch me scatter it to smithereens.
I wonder why you're yet to scatter all the evidences backing evolution into smithereens and get a Nobel Prize. All you can do is come here on nairaland to spew heap of bullocks as always... mtchew...
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 30, 2016
Weah96:

I fixed it for you.
LOL...
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
Weah96:

Hahaha. Don't deceive yourself, nothing is talking to you. I can bet money.

I told you before that you sabi lie very well.

And I told you you got a big problem. You always lack points. The only things you ever say is talking god, book writer god, why write a book?. You know nothing than those. You always insinuate on the bible or say "God is a mind reader" or you always say "why did God write a book?" It seems you get stupider and more frustrated by the day.
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:58am On May 01, 2016
Ayomikun37:
I wonder why you're yet to scatter all the evidences backing evolution into smithereens and get a Nobel Prize. All you can do is come here on nairaland to spew heap of bullocks as always... mtchew...

You mean the putative ancestors are not enough to prove evolution is guess work ?
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Weah96: 12:31pm On May 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

And I told you you got a big problem. You always lack points. The only things you ever say is talking god, book writer god, why write a book?. You know nothing than those. You always insinuate on the bible or say "God is a mind reader" or you always say "why did God write a book?" It seems you get stupider and more frustrated by the day.

The truth is uncomfortable, deal with it. Your god is imaginary and fake.
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 03, 2016
Weah96:

The truth is uncomfortable, deal with it. Your god is imaginary and fake.

All atheists on NL always have good points to give but you lack points, you always insinuate on just a point, a stupid question like "why did God write a book?"

1 Like

Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Weah96: 5:48pm On May 03, 2016
lordnicklaus:

All atheists on NL always have good points to give but you lack points, you always insinuate on just a point, a stupid question like "why did God write a book?"

Your god is a book writer or not? LOL. Why are you getting your drawers in a bunch? There is no such thing as God. That word is meaningless and ambiguous. Book writing god is more accurate and better describes the ghost you worship.
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 03, 2016
Weah96:

Your god is a book writer or not? LOL. Why are you getting your drawers in a bunch? There is no such thing as God. That word is meaningless and ambiguous. Book writing god is more accurate and better describes the ghost you worship.

My question is, was it God that wrote the bible or men like us? You claim that God wrote a book when it was actually eye-witness to the works of God who actually wrote the good book. To me it seems you got a hole in your brain.
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Weah96: 1:52pm On May 04, 2016
lordnicklaus:

My question is, was it God that wrote the bible or men like us? You claim that God wrote a book when it was actually eye-witness to the works of God who actually wrote the good book. To me it seems you got a hole in your brain.

God, as in the source of the universe, allegedly spoke to humans and told them to write a collection of rules and regulations. Which part is not accurate?
Re: Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 04, 2016
Weah96:

God, as in the source of the universe, allegedly spoke to humans and told them to write a collection of rules and regulations. Which part is not accurate?

Well, wallow in your stupidity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Phone Contacts For Booking Of These Gospel Artists / Why Do People Lie Against God? / Jehovah's Witnesses Going From House To House Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.