Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,059 members, 7,863,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:34 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1290783 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kio052001(m): 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2011
Please guyz I have this Fujitsu Siemens Laptop Amilo A7620 and i need help with the casing and the battery

can any one help me out here

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2011
go on ebay
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greatfuldead: 2:23am On Apr 05, 2011
jouslaw1
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xsay(m): 4:24am On Apr 05, 2011
I just installed window 7 on my Laptop (I was using Vista Before), i installed it because i want to get reed of some files on my hard drive, after installing it i notice the hard drive is still full, please help

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xsay(m): 4:28am On Apr 05, 2011
What is this?? and how can i delete it

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 5:12am On Apr 05, 2011
@ Xsay

What u did was and upgrade, u need to do a fresh installation of windows 7 before you can

get back ur HD space and also get rid of the Windows.old,

When you insert the windows 7 disc, please choose custom install and not update,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 6:20am On Apr 05, 2011
moonraker:

@ Xsay

What u did was and upgrade, u need to do a fresh installation of windows 7 before you can

get back your HD space and also get rid of the Windows.old,

When you insert the windows 7 disc, please choose custom install and not update,
+1

Make sure you backup your files before you do a clean install 'cause you won't be able to retrieve them anymore.

And, windows.old is your system image on the old OS should you wish to roll back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:57am On Apr 05, 2011
xsay:

What is this?? and how can i delete it

after backing the files you want from old windows you move them to the correct windows by either copy and paste or use the back to upload them to current windows

chose the folder WINDOWS OLD right click then delete you are done
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xsay(m): 11:05am On Apr 05, 2011
@all thank u all for your help, my mistake was that i did not format the hard drive when installing the new window 7,

Thanks cheesy grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greatfuldead: 12:03pm On Apr 05, 2011
Please anybody
I installed DAP accelerator but cannot uninstall it. I have tried from the control panel and even deleting the program file but it just doesn't work. From the program file it says access denied, how else can i get rid of this software please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CrudeOil2(m): 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2011
greatfuldead:

Please anybody
I installed DAP accelerator but cannot uninstall it. I have tried from the control panel and even deleting the program file but it just doesn't work. From the program file it says access denied, how else can i get rid of this software please?

Download Revo uninstaller, (just google it). Uninstall the program from there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greatfuldead: 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2011
Crude Oil
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chrysugo: 8:48pm On Apr 05, 2011
I used IDM 5.0 trial version, the trial period exhausted, I uninstalled it, since then I tried to installed the new 6.0 but it still reminds me that I did not register the previous one and as a result that I must enter the serial key. I went to the program files I found out that IDM's folder is still there while I uninstalled it via control panel. Then did I think that this is why I can not make use of the new version 6.0. Please can u offer me any help on how I can uninstall it from program files and install the newer version.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2011
^^^ even if you delete the program file it wont do you any good the thing you want to delete is the .dll that belongs to that program. The .dll is like a registry entry that stays even after you have uninstalled the program so that you either pay or be stuck.

i wont advice that you do it because if you dont know what you are doing you will kill your computer. Read up online about .dll files and where to find them. You will also need to remeber the day you installed the program because those .dll files are plenty that way you can narrow down on where to find it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esinwaju: 2:09am On Apr 06, 2011
I`ve noticed that my system suddenly hibernates by itself whenever i`m downloading a large file, running a full scan with kaspersky or extracting a file. I want the techies in the house to please tell me why my system is acting this way. Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 2:33am On Apr 06, 2011
or he could use cc cleaner to clean up his registry,

its harmless and i use it regularly,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greatfuldead: 4:56am On Apr 06, 2011
Crude Oil
Revo is magic. Muchas gracias amigo.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:50am On Apr 06, 2011
Esin waju:

I`ve noticed that my system suddenly hibernates by itself whenever i`m downloading a large file, running a full scan with kaspersky or extracting a file. I want the techies in the house to please tell me why my system is acting this way. Thank you.

does it hibernate while you are surfing or doing something or it hibernates while it is downloading and you aint doing anything ?

if it does hibernating while doing nothing except downloading or the rest you mentioned then it is responding normal to settings eg sleep or hibernate if not in use(the mouse not moved ) for 20 mins
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 06, 2011
Chrysugo:

I used IDM 5.0 trial version, the trial period exhausted, I uninstalled it, since then I tried to installed the new 6.0 but it still reminds me that I did not register the previous one and as a result that I must enter the serial key. I went to the program files I found out that IDM's folder is still there while I uninstalled it via control panel. Then did I think that this is why I can not make use of the new version 6.0. Please can u offer me any help on how I can uninstall it from program files and install the newer version.
hello sir
when you install programs it saves some data in your registry,
as per your issue please download cleanse uninstaller pro.
and let in scan your registry for broken keys, and broken programs.
broken programs are programs which did not properly uninstall from your system.

when it is done scanning it will help you indentify those registry entries that are not associated with any working program. that way you can clean your system and reinstall the new software.
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FILEBE(m): 4:43pm On Apr 06, 2011
I CANT BROWSE USING MY MODEM. WHENEVER I TRY CONNECTING. I GET THIS REPORT THAT COMPUTER CANNOT CONNECT TO MODEM. I INSTINCTIVELY WENT TO "MY COMPUTER" AND CHECKED MY DRIVERS.  I COULDN'T HELP BUT GET AMAZED AT HOW  MANY  EXCLAMATION MARKS "!" I SAW ON MY NETWORK ADAPTERS. I TRIED UNINSTALLING AND INSTALLING THEM BUT IT WONT EVEN UNINSTALL. SCANS FOR HARDWARE CHANGES AND I TRIED UPDATING FROM A CD.ROM BUT IT TELL ME IT CANT UPDATE TOO EVEN WHEN IT HAS FOUND THE DRIVER.
PLS WAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2011
FILEBE:

I CANT BROWSE USING MY MODEM. WHENEVER I TRY CONNECTING. I GET THIS REPORT THAT COMPUTER CANNOT CONNECT TO MODEM. I INSTINCTIVELY WENT TO "MY COMPUTER" AND CHECKED MY DRIVERS.  I COULDN'T HELP BUT GET AMAZED AT HOW  MANY  EXCLAMATION MARKS "!" I SAW ON MY NETWORK ADAPTERS. I TRIED UNINSTALLING AND INSTALLING THEM BUT IT WONT EVEN UNINSTALL. SCANS FOR HARDWARE CHANGES AND I TRIED UPDATING FROM A CD.ROM BUT IT TELL ME IT CANT UPDATE TOO EVEN WHEN IT HAS FOUND THE DRIVER.
PLS WAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO?

how did you try to uninstall via device manager or programs and features ? which OS do you have

did you try to get the lates driver from the modem manufacturer website ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2011
Plz can i instal windows7 ultimate on a 2g ram? 10x
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2011
steve20114ril:

Plz can i instal windows7 ultimate on a 2g ram? 10x

Yes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ishilove: 4:55am On Apr 07, 2011
I can't access my yahoo account with operamini handler,only with a PC. Since last week each time i try using opera i am told my id/password is invalid. However whenever i use a PC i don't get dis trouble. What could be the problem??!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esinwaju: 8:44am On Apr 07, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

does it hibernate while you are surfing or doing something or it hibernates while it is downloading and you aint doing anything ?

if it does hibernating while doing nothing except downloading or the rest you mentioned then it is responding normal to settings eg sleep or hibernate if not in use(the mouse not moved ) for 20 mins
It does hibernate when i`m doing stuff with it. It just happens all of a sudden and it`s not just once, it keeps happening as long as the downlaod/scanning/extraction is on, so what`s the way out for me here? Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:20am On Apr 07, 2011
Esin waju:

It does hibernate when i`m doing stuff with it. It just happens all of a sudden and it`s not just once, it keeps happening as long as the downlaod/scanning/extraction is on, so what`s the way out for me here? Thanks.

doing stuff do you mean downloading or physically typing or moving the mouse ? i want you to be clear on that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:23am On Apr 07, 2011
Ishilove:

I can't access my yahoo account with operamini handler,only with a PC. Since last week each time i try using opera i am told my id/password is invalid. However whenever i use a PC i don't get dis trouble. What could be the problem??!

are username and password saved for automatic logging or you have to type in each and everytime you log on ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ishilove: 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

are username and password saved for automatic logging or you have to type in each and everytime you log on ?
i bookmarked my inbox page on my opera on my mobile so i wouldnt have to type my password and ID each time i want access my email. Last week when i went to the bookmark i found out that i had been logged out. When i typed in my ID i got the "invalid ID/PASSWORD" response. However when i use a PC i am granted access straightaway
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2011
is it proper to use a repaired laptop charger? some1 told me dat it mite be harmful to the motherboard. plz help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2011
steve20114ril:

is it proper to use a repaired laptop charger? some1 told me dat it mite be harmful to the motherboard. plz help

There's no point repairing a laptop charger, you can get yourself and your laptop burnt easily.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2011
Ishilove:

i bookmarked my inbox page on my opera on my mobile so i wouldnt have to type my password and ID each time i want access my email. Last week when i went to the bookmark i found out that i had been logged out. When i typed in my ID i got the "invalid ID/PASSWORD" response. However when i use a PC i am granted access straightaway

was it working fine before? bookmarking doesnt mean it wont ask you username and password the key is ticking the box to be always logged on or setting up your email properites in your phone

what type and model is your phone?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2011
Ishilove:

why not just remove the old inbox on your phone and re-add it from scratch?

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.