Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264061 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:56am On Jul 25, 2009
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux

35 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ochukookorare(m): 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2009
Pls kindly send me your freedom configuration settings. I have downloaded the software,just remaining the settings. Send to ochuko_okorare@yahoo.co.uk,thanks

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 12:24am On Jul 26, 2009
Looks like you're new here. I wouldn't want to broadcast my email to a newbie yet. First you need to open an account with freedom. Just go to your-freedom.net and register. Open the settings and go to proxy settings. Change the server to 78.46.255.91 and the port to 53. Change the connection type to socks 5. Change the ems01 in server settings to any value between 02 and 18. Enter your account info in the user settings. That's all.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stancozy(m): 1:40am On Jul 26, 2009
Why does my system unable to convert wm to mp3 ?? I do with my friends lapi but just unable on my pc. .dont know if the proccessor is bad or what? The pc also cant format any xternat drive like flash

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femus: 11:52am On Jul 27, 2009
My computer is displaying afghanistan IP how did osama bin laden know me.

32 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stancozy(m): 12:29am On Jul 28, 2009
Hmmm angry

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:27am On Jul 29, 2009
I've been very busy,
@stan: pls give me more details. What error messages does it give? What does it do when you try to convert? Do other converters work? Your formatting problem is typically that of a virus problem. A virus can hook files in a removable drive and work with it, thus you are unable to eject it or format it. It is no use formatting a drive on a virus infected computer. Because immediately after that, the virus rehooks. Open command prompt and type 'control folders'. A window will popup. Click the view tab. Scroll and check view hidden files and folders. uncheck the hide system files and hide known file extensions. This will enable you to see hidden viruses in your flash. Alternatively, you can write 'attrib -h -s E:\*.*' where E is the label of your removable drive.

@ochuko: I've sent you d settings, r u so ungrateful

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:28am On Jul 29, 2009
I've been very busy,
@stan: pls give me more details. What error messages does it give? What does it do when you try to convert? Do other converters work? Your formatting problem is typically that of a virus problem. A virus can hook files in a removable drive and work with it, thus you are unable to eject it or format it. It is no use formatting a drive on a virus infected computer. Because immediately after that, the virus rehooks. Open command prompt and type 'control folders'. A window will popup. Click the view tab. Scroll and check view hidden files and folders. uncheck the hide system files and hide known file extensions. This will enable you to see hidden viruses in your flash. Alternatively, you can write 'attrib -h -s E:\*.*' where E is the label of your removable drive.

@ochuko: I've sent you d settings, r u so ungrateful

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BigStar1(m): 11:04am On Jul 29, 2009
@poster
what do you know about compaq wireless connection that disappeared
I use broadcom wireless driver

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2009
@bigstar: you may as well ask me what I know about a mouse that disappeared from its cage. You should phrase your questions properly. Is it your wireless connection tray icon that disappeared? Or has your wireless adapter stopped working? Or you can't configure your wireless connection again? Or your computer cannot detect your wireless device? What do you mean you use broadcomm driver? Is it that your original driver stopped working and you loaded a broadcomm instead. It should work though, because compaq no longer exists. HP bought compaq about two years ago, and HP makes broadcomm drivers.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ec3l(m): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2009
Hi,
my laptop's a compaq,pentium 4,windows xp,ram 512.
i cant seem to run games and some programes.
I installed a driver 4 game,cracked it,then tried to configure it,i got a message "no 3D devices detected" so i couldn't run the game.
I also tried to instal a fruity loop 7,but i got the message fl.exe has encountered an error.
I just dont know what to do.
Any tip?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stancozy(m): 12:08am On Jul 30, 2009
@sky dancer, thanks man. . About d converting stuv, if i use TVC, it will just hang and will not convert. . If i use Nokia Music manager, it will convert but would not play and will reduce d size of the file to like 2mb to 3kb . . Dont know wtf is wrong with it

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stancozy(m): 12:10am On Jul 30, 2009
@ec3l, first, check d spec of the game you are tryna play. . The memory and its ram compatibility, and if you plat form supports the d game, have had stuff like that before. . U can tryna redownload the loop 7 again. . Hope that helped. . LoL

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ec3l(m): 3:54am On Jul 30, 2009
Thankz Stan,
i check those stuffs before i buy cds aight?
They instal,crack but shows something like "instal.exe did not open properly" or "has encountered a problem" or "no 3D devices detected"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stancozy(m): 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2009
LoL. . I would have helped with the ''install.exe'' if it were a mobile phone. . Dont have any solution to a pc error like that, maybe skydancer would help out on that. . LoL

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigafees: 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2009
pls why my computer refuse to install visual studio.Net 2008

P3 with 20G harddisk and 379 RAM, XP unlimited

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ec3l(m): 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2009
Skydancer you think you can help me with the problem?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2009
@Stan: If it's wma format you are trying to convert, that may give a hint of your problems. if the previous bitrate is not regular(32kbps, 64, 128, 192) and so on, that may be the reason. Nokia converter is not so fantastic. It will first try to copy the first bytes of data, only to find out that it cannot continue. An error will occur in the program leading to abrubt stop which results to something like 2 kb or even 1 byte grin Try something like Aldensoft mp3 converter or fairstars. You can google it up from rapidlibrary or 4shared.

@ec3l: Your graphics adapter driver is not installed. I would have easily helped with dell but I am not sure of compaq. There are two ways to solve your problem:

The first is to find out the model of your laptop and download the driver from the customer support website.
Another one is to search for an inbuilt compatible driver:
1.open command prompt(u can also use run)
2.type 'start devmgmt.msc' (remove the start in run)
3.you will find out that your display adapter is marked yellow or is not there at all.
if it is marked yello, right click it and select update driver.
A the hadware update wizard will pop up. Select 'install from a specific location' and click next
Select 'Don't search I will choose a driver to install'
Your real adapter should be either intel or compaq. Just look for the company with the largest number of drivers.
Look for simple names like mobile chipset, radeon express(drivers that appear as if they cover a wide range not those designed for a specific system. Click next. It will ask for confirmation. Just confirm and continue everything. If after installation, it reports a device code error, then you were not succesful. Continue doing this until you find a good one(You may still not be able to find one but unlimited and xp 2005 svc pack 2 have a lot of drivers included unlike vista)

The fruity loops problem may be a sound device problem. Can you play music with your system? If yes then it may be from the software package. If it is still happening, when it encounters the error and requires you to send it to the internet, click details, copy out the error code and post it here

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2009
@Stan: If it's wma format you are trying to convert, that may give a hint of your problems. if the previous bitrate is not regular(32kbps, 64, 128, 192) and so on, that may be the reason. Nokia converter is not so fantastic. It will first try to copy the first bytes of data, only to find out that it cannot continue. An error will occur in the program leading to abrubt stop which results to something like 2 kb or even 1 byte grin Try something like Aldensoft mp3 converter or fairstars. You can google it up from rapidlibrary or 4shared.

@ec3l: Your graphics adapter driver is not installed. I would have easily helped with dell but I am not sure of compaq. There are two ways to solve your problem:

The first is to find out the model of your laptop and download the driver from the customer support website.
Another one is to search for an inbuilt compatible driver:
1.open command prompt(u can also use run)
2.type 'start devmgmt.msc' (remove the start in run)
3.you will find out that your display adapter is marked yellow or is not there at all.
if it is marked yello, right click it and select update driver.
A the hadware update wizard will pop up. Select 'install from a specific location' and click next
Select 'Don't search I will choose a driver to install'
Your real adapter should be either intel or compaq. Just look for the company with the largest number of drivers.
Look for simple names like mobile chipset, radeon express(drivers that appear as if they cover a wide range not those designed for a specific system. Click next. It will ask for confirmation. Just confirm and continue everything. If after installation, it reports a device code error, then you were not succesful. Continue doing this until you find a good one(You may still not be able to find one but unlimited and xp 2005 svc pack 2 have a lot of drivers included unlike vista)

The fruity loops problem may be a sound device problem. Can you play music with your system? If yes then it may be from the software package. If it is still happening, when it encounters the error and requires you to send it to the internet, click details, copy out the error code and post it here

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 6:52am On Aug 01, 2009
I don't know what's happened lately. I am quite sure I replied this topic before but I don't know what happened to it. Busy as usual but I wll still repost my answer when I can. Anyway for the main time you can try and check the compaq support website for your display adapter driver. You only need to know the model of your laptop.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 6:54am On Aug 01, 2009
Bigafees whats the speed of your processor? If you don't know, you can easily find it by typing sysdm.cpl or msinfo32 in run

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 6:57am On Aug 01, 2009
I don't even understand what is happening here. This is the third time I'm replying you ec I just don't know the problem. Anyway for the main time, try and download the display driver for your laptop from compaq website. If you can't find it, notify me so I resupply the full details.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 01, 2009
skydancer, somehow the antispam bot is blocking your posts. I will resolve them very soon.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ec3l(m): 6:18pm On Aug 01, 2009
Thanks Sky d,
i'll do that,man

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tobilinoP(m): 6:43am On Aug 04, 2009
Hello skydancer,
pls i am doing some work with a hospitality establishment. They have wireless internet facilities but the want to manage it so that they can provide the access only for recognised members.
Is there any software u know that can be used to acheive this.??
Thanx

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stancozy(m): 8:18am On Aug 04, 2009
@last poster, what you gotta do is Password the wlan. . And give d pass to only recognise members

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2009
@tobilino: Well stancozy gave you an option. I don't fully understand what you mean by passwording it but if you mean securing the connection, that's what you should do. If you want to use the wireless to provide services to people. The best option is to use a wireless hotspot service. This is achieved with an internet based software and a router. This is only better if you are doing it for business purposes which I don't think applies here.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by colonel20: 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2009
Hi skydancer. Pls can u help me with a windows vista ultimate activation key.keep up ur good work.thumbs up

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bootycall(f): 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2009
cool thread.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mase14: 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2009
Please Skydancer, if u know much abt MDaemon email software, i will like u to help me on it, i have been on it for some time now.

it receives email bt doesn't send mails out , it gives winsock error 100061, the host refused to connect to you on that port or host is down.

what can i do?

thanks

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2009
@colonel: welcome;-). I thought you would have found the crack by now. I'll upload it for you as soon as I can.
@Mdaemon user: socket errors are not uncommon in network applications. I've not used mdaemon but it sounds like a bulk emailer or a high security emailer. The problem may be with the type of network connection you are using, in which case the best solution is to use a cafe. The problem may also be from the software. You can try to download a newer version if possible. There are also socket diagnosing and repairing softwares like winsock repair. It may help. If none of these work, get back to me.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by scantee(m): 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2009
good thread
@skydancer
please can you help me with corel x4 activation key, i have the serial keys but is requesting for activation keys before i can use it, i will be grateful,

9 Likes 17 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.