Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,533 members, 7,819,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270497 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jonescosmo(m): 6:13pm On Nov 14, 2009
babaoo:

Someone should pls help me with my lappy problem.I tried to download a vpn on my laptop after which i install.Ever since then my laptop has refuse to connect to internet with my moderm.My multilink moderm keep saying -error702:A connection to network computer could not be established.You might need to change the network setting for this connection. My mtn & zain phone moderm also refuse to connect.I have also unistall d vpn software i downloaded stil na samething.Pls make una help me out cause i cant afford to format d lappy.

Simply do System Restore to a time prio to when u installed the VPN software and then try to connect ur network. if they work ok, seek a compatible VPN software.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abariko1(m): 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2009
My Hp 550 in its receipt has bluetooth as one of its features but my system cant connect bluetooth, have accessed the control panel but to no avail. please anyone coversant with this problem help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:10am On Nov 15, 2009
check the device manaer if there is any bluetooth device listed and if the drivers are there. if there is and the drivers are there, then u propably havnt switched it on, there will be a hot key combination on ur key board that will switch it on. usually its the same button that switches on the wireless. may be anor. look at the keys on the board esp the number keys.

if there isnt any hardware for bluetooth listed in dev mgr, then u do not have bluetooth, if there is and it carries an exclamation mark, then u do not have the drivers for it, i hope u have the backup cd for the pc. look for the bluetooth software in it and install.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by teemyfab: 11:00am On Nov 18, 2009
I had a problem when i want to load new hard disc on my desktop actually it recognised the hard disc when it ask me to press f1 for setup and esc for boot i choose f1 and is givin me insert bootable media in appropriate drive and cccmos time and date is not set i changed the cd rom and the bootable cd am using as well but still is giving me the same thing.pls nairalander i need ur help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aladesuyi(m): 11:37am On Nov 18, 2009
my laptop when switched on will only bring up the on light but will not display anything on the screen.pls what shld i do to resolve thid problem.
SUNDAY ON 08064388939
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BoyJesu: 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2009
my system is very slow. how camn i make it fast.its 1g ram processor 80g capacity. phone no 08066743837.waderock01@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aieromon(m): 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2009
I detected W/32/HLLP.Philis.ini, Sal.Folder.Variant Trojan and Smart Antivirus 2010 adware on my lappie using mwav.Unfortunately,i don't have the full version to enable me delete these worms.They've messed up my Avast Pro 4.8.1356 and Malwarebytes which do not work most of the time.Even when my updated Avast locates them and i try to delete or move to chest,the antivirus on-access protection automatically gets deactivated.
I tried installin' Trojan Remover 6.83 but the bloody thing prevents it from full installation.
Way forward?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:19am On Nov 19, 2009
talk2ahmed:

Pls i will like to kno why my sytem gives windows explorer error. when i open a folder; it gives me an error message "windows explorer is not working". I downloaded registry booster 2010; it gave me a lot of registry alerts, how can i fix my registry probem?
The issue started when i realised that all flash drives used on my system end up with -i,-j,-k virus on it(i use Rising Av then), then i uninstalled it and used nod32 4.0, my sytem was restarting . So i ran a repair and all is well now. A frnd said avg wud do, AVG is working wonderful, but the errors in my registry are still there, Any help pls

windows explorer error. do you have google toolbar installed? if so uninstalled it and restart the system

Have you applied any update recently ? if so do a system restore> if need help doing a system restore

give us a shout. Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:20am On Nov 19, 2009
blackweaver:

how do you know that the error is with the registy and not something else? is there some specific message that you get?
if so pls post it in full am sure someone on the internet (if not in nairaland) has encountered that sort of error before

wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:22am On Nov 19, 2009
Boy Jesu:

my system is very slow. how camn i make it fast.its 1g ram processor 80g capacity. phone no 08066743837.waderock01@yahoo.com

Make and Model please. XP or Vista ? Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:25am On Nov 19, 2009
aladesuyi:

my laptop when switched on will only bring up the on light but will not display anything on the screen.pls what shld i do to resolve thid problem.
SUNDAY ON 08064388939

You share the same name as me anyway. simple as, connect your laptop a monitor and see what happens

if display ok on the monitor it means your system is ok. takeout the battery+chrger any pheripherals

and hold your finger down the laptop power button for about 30 seconds to release static build up

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:28am On Nov 19, 2009
teemyfab:

I had a problem when i want to load new hard disc on my desktop actually it recognised the hard disc when it ask me to press f1 for setup and esc for boot i choose f1 and is givin me insert bootable media in appropriate drive and cccmos time and date is not set i changed the cd rom and the bootable cd am using as well but still is giving me the same thing.pls nairalander i need your help.

Do a hard drive test or check Bios if detected.

Seems you need to insert Windows XP/Vista disk

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valto(m): 12:34am On Nov 20, 2009
pc guru in da house pls help meoooooo.my hp latop recently developed a fault of crashing to black screen then it will reboot .note i dont want to format it .i have tried everything to solved the problem from virusremover,malwareremover,spywareremover all of them updated tothe lastest definition,still they cannot detect any single virus.my hp laptop is dualcore-2 320gig 2gig ram. pls help cos it crash any time.it started crashing since i updated windows which it says dat is not genuine,since then i have removed & delected everything 4rm >windows validation exe,genuine exe or other tins dat may caused it but still crashes freguently.secondly the taskbar also blinks/flickering/distortion,even when the pc is booting.pls help .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valto(m): 12:40am On Nov 20, 2009
i mean the lower end of the pc screen blinks allways even when booting.waiting 4ur reply .i sent this message 4rm the laptop.before itried to send this message it crashed more than 4 to 5times.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 2:30am On Nov 21, 2009
you can try repairing windows from the installation cd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adikachi(m): 9:17am On Nov 21, 2009
My laptop does not charge even though my charger is good.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:41am On Nov 23, 2009
@ flickering screen, its a known issue with hp/compaq. not sure but it seems to be a problem with the board and flex, i dont know for a fact that its repairable. see a tech who says he can, dont pay him unless he actually does rectify it.

@laptop charger i take it that you have tested the charger elswhere for u to be so sure? if so, y not test the battery elsewhere too. if batt too is ok, u need to examine the port where the chager plugs in on the board, u may have a loose leg on the board.

otherwise, the charging circuit on the board is messed up, u have a dead component that must be changed, either way, talk to a competent techie, this is not sumtin u can do on ur own. if the batt does not charge elsewhere, i think u knw the answer. OR ARE U SAYING THE BATT DOES NOT HOLD A CHARGE? in that case the batt has to be replaced.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2009
Hi 4llerbe whatsup smiley Long time. Check out this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CAnq5DyNG0
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:31pm On Nov 29, 2009
adikachi:

My laptop does not charge even though my charger is good.

Has the charger been tested ?

Any LED lights on the laptop ?

e.g. Orange or green light

Good luck

and thanks

for enquiring
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TheSeeker(m): 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2009
^^^ I think his battery may have gone extinct.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lightwalk(m): 1:06am On Nov 30, 2009
New generations of machines! Nice one!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aboxphem: 12:13am On Dec 03, 2009
please how can i print my computer screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TheSeeker(m): 6:34am On Dec 03, 2009
aboxphem:

please how can i print my computer screen?
Find the PRNTSCRN button on your keyboard, press it once. Open Microsoft Word and paste it there, save and you're done. But if you have some imaging software, you can paste it directly on them and save as a picture
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tinutayo1: 7:51am On Dec 03, 2009
Pls engineers in the house, my hp laptop keyboard doesnt respond again and sometimes the '\' key presses down
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moh(m): 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2009
hi !!! pls i just got this new laptop, hp touch screen with finger print.
but i really dnt knw wat i have tampered with dat i ca no longer the
keyboard on the system but only the 1 on the screen dat i can use
pls i need help on wat to do.
tanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by soolari(m): 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2009
hELP meeeoooooo my hP-530 lappi is showing black stuff at the edge of the screen shocked

wat can i do to it and i dnt put load on it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mamagee3(f): 1:45am On Dec 04, 2009
I have never heard computer troubles. tongue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hebewhome(f): 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2009
Please, how can i get read of Ahsan virus on my PC, it has been giving me headache
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:43pm On Dec 04, 2009
mama-gee:

I have never heard computer troubles. tongue

well, you are now. wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2009
soolari:

hELP meeeoooooo my hP-530 lappi is showing black stuff at the edge of the screen  shocked

wat can i do to it and i dnt put load on it

I use HP 530 myself. I take is Vista Basic as mine is Ultimate. Here's your diags

Turn off please and back on

Repeatedly pressing F10

Blue screen should appear

Is it same on that screen ?

If yes then is likely a fault

if No then is a something else

connect to external monitor

and see what happens ?

get to device manager
use google to find how to
verify your display adaptor
by double clicking should
says these device is working
properly or does it have any
error code, after that go back
to display adaptor and click on +
sign right click update should say
best drive already installed

try uninstalling it and make
sure noteboets ok is restarted for
changes to register should be ok

Could you please let me know
how you get on as this reinforce
what have already know and
increases my knowledge in
becoming a better tec.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kizi: 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2009
Error message from my msn messenger 'Error code: 8100030d and 80048820'
Can't log in to messenger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:00pm On Dec 04, 2009
kizi:

Error message from my msn messenger 'Error code: 8100030d and 80048820'
Can't log in to messenger 

Kizi. I am sorry to hear about this.

I hope we can help ourselves. Here's your diags

Keep this for future reference. I rated it 10/10

http://msn-errorshelp..com/2009/02/msn-error-code-8100030d-fix.html

Could you please let me know
how you get on as this re-enforce
what have already know and
increases my knowledge in
becoming a better tec.

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.