Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266324 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
semid4lyfe: @ all4naija

Why u quote my post if you no get solution?
I wrote something but it is surprising it is not displayed. That's not my fault. I said click on the restore defaults!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2012
all4naija: I wrote something but it is surprising it is not displayed. That's not my fault. I said click on the restore defaults!

You think I hadn't done that before coming here to post?

Anyhow sha, DONE IT AND SHOW HIDDEN FILES CHECKBOX STILL DOESN'T APPEAR cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2012
semid4lyfe:

You think I hadn't done that before coming here to post?

Anyhow sha, DONE IT AND SHOW HIDDEN FILES CHECKBOX STILL DOESN'T APPEAR cry
Try to uninstall programs you installed before the problem and run a registry cleaner. If that doesn't solve it then try a system restore or repair.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 3:39pm On Jun 01, 2012
@semid can you still see the folders faintly or they are totally invisible?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 3:50pm On Jun 01, 2012
all4naija:
Try to uninstall programs you installed before the problem and run a registry cleaner. If that doesn't solve it then try a system restore or repair.

Problem is I can' remember the particular program I installed when the problem started as I didn't notice it immediately and moreover system restore won't work cos there are no restore points on my system as I delete them regularly. undecided

denzel2009:
@semid can you still see the folders faintly or they are totally invisible?

Totally invisible
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Problem is I can' remember the particular program I installed when the problem started as I didn't notice it immediately and moreover system restore won't work cos there are no restore points on my system as I delete them regularly. undecided

Totally invisible

and you have tried these steps?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/show-hidden-files-in-windows-7/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 01, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Totally invisible
If that is the case download aproppriate registry from the internet and try to forestall the show hidden files.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by semid4lyfe(m): 7:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
denzel2009:

and you have tried these steps?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/show-hidden-files-in-windows-7/

Yeap. . .even downloaded, installed and ran the unhide software but still no show embarassed

all4naija: If that is the case download aproppriate registry from the internet and try to forestall the show hidden files.

It'd be nice if you could point me in a direction
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2012
semid4lyfe:

It'd be nice if you could point me in a direction
The link http://www.regedit.us/tag/download-regedit-for-windows-7/. The windows 7 regedit would probably be the one for your system.

On how to use it; once downloaded just copy it to your Windows folder. That is the folder c:\Windows
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:21pm On Jun 01, 2012
all4naija: The link http://www.regedit.us/tag/download-regedit-for-windows-7/. The windows 7 regedit would probably be the one for your system.

On how to use it; once downloaded just copy it to your Windows folder. That is the folder c:\Windows

you dont need to download it

you can access regedit without that software and its not a place for a general novice pc person
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sonyjacobs(m): 9:14am On Jun 02, 2012
please house my pentium 3 laptop is very slow(DELL INSPIRON 4100). is it possible for me to upgrade it to pentuim M?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolugar: 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2012
pls i want to be browsing with two PC at the same time. how will i do it. thants alot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bukason: 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2012
gr8 job gurus..
plz guys am really losin sleep over ma pc not showin anything on d screen wen i power it on, its been like dat 4 days now & i dont knw wat 2 do.. Seriously i still dnt understand why its like dat even wen d power button & keyboard lights are on. plzzz help,, i dont wanna loose doz files. thxx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Relixy2k: 10:39pm On Jun 02, 2012
My window 7 Hp laptop Dvd Rw Drive is only playing vcd/cds and not reading dvd. I t had been reading/playing dvd before. Please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 11:41pm On Jun 02, 2012
Relixy2k: My window 7 Hp laptop Dvd Rw Drive is only playing vcd/cds and not reading dvd. I t had been reading/playing dvd before. Please help
DVD player/burners use separate heads for DVD and CDs, so it's possible that the DVD head has failed, while the CD one continues to work. I'm not sure whether it's possible for a driver issue to produce the same symptoms as that hardware failure.

The obvious thing to do would be to swap drives
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 11:43pm On Jun 02, 2012
tolugar: pls i want to be browsing with two PC at the same time. how will i do it. thants alot.
get a second pc and connect them to a monitor with both a vga and dvi connections.
plug both pc's to the monitor and you can easily swith btwn pc's by pushing the mode button on the monitor. the keyboard and mouse will be a different thing.

The best way to solve this will be to get a KVM switch (look it up). i think the basic one comes with 2 ports meaning you can run 2 computers at the same time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 11:54pm On Jun 02, 2012
sonyjacobs: please house my pentium 3 laptop is very slow(DELL INSPIRON 4100). is it possible for me to upgrade it to pentuim M?
buy more RAM do virus scan stop your anti virus from starting when you booth up, defrag, clean, fix your registry.

mostly buy RAM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:30am On Jun 03, 2012
ZIM DRILL:

you dont need to download it

you can access regedit without that software and its not a place for a general novice pc person
Sorry! You are not in-line with the whole issue. So, I would take that from you as improvise!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by debedebe(m): 8:23pm On Jun 03, 2012
Pls i need avast7 antivirus license key
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ibaku(m): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2012
Pls, I connected my vodafone wireless network (router+modem )to my pc, how can I configure it to have a password.thank u.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ultraGM: 10:07am On Jun 04, 2012
semid4lyfe: HELP- CAN'T UNHIDE FILES ON MY WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32-bit OS

^^
Got a little problem.

I hid some files on my system (a Windows 7 Ultimate OS) sometime ago and now that I need to retrieve the files, the show hidden files checkbox in the folder options advanced settings menu which will enable me to unhide the files is not appearing and I'm in a big fix.

N.B - the show hidden files checkbox used to be present and I've used it from time to time but now it's completely gone off the radar.

Googled online for solution but no luck hence my post here. Any Nairalander knows how I can unhide the files? See screenshot of my folder options advanced settings menu to see what I'm talking about

I don't know if you have got solution to the problem, if not try this in command prompt
<> In command prompt CD ../ back to the root directory i.e. your C:/
<> Then type the following: attirb -s -h \*.* /s /d
<> so you command will look like this C:/attirb -s -h \*.* /s /d

The command should unhide all the folders/files in that Drive but it will take some time depending on number folders and files for more info in attrib command type attrib/?
I hope it will work
Regards
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hayzedutd(m): 6:12am On Jun 05, 2012
Pls some buttons are not working on my HP 635 laptop.
I just bought d system less than a month ago.
I use d system last nite before going to bed and when I wake up in d morning, I put it on and discovered that some buttons on d same row are not working when u press it...
Please what can I do to d system...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BARTY(m): 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
winzip 9.0 key pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2012
hayzed_utd: Pls some buttons are not working on my HP 635 laptop.
I just bought d system less than a month ago.
I use d system last nite before going to bed and when I wake up in d morning, I put it on and discovered that some buttons on d same row are not working when u press it...
Please what can I do to d system...
take it back to where you go it so they can either replace the keyboard or replace the computer.

Keyboards get a short out sometimes and when that happenes, the usual thing to do is to replace the hardwear because it's not sofware that is the issue. Also, some times the connector may have slipped out of its socket. if this happens you will just have to open the laptop, unplugg the keyboard and plug it back in. of course you want someone who knows what they are doing to handle that for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okponee: 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
Hi friends!
Kindly help me resolve this problem: My 'sound' laptop doesn't permit me to log into the cpanel of my website. The cpanel opens quite alright, but the login button is not highlighted and as such, it doesn't permit me to login, even after I have put the right Username and password. It however opens in others systems. What should I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by andreey(m): 10:57pm On Jun 05, 2012
Who knows how much it takes to replace the keyboard of a HP compaq? Urgent answers pls!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2012
Okponee: Hi friends!
Kindly help me resolve this problem: My 'sound' laptop doesn't permit me to log into the cpanel of my website. The cpanel opens quite alright, but the login button is not highlighted and as such, it doesn't permit me to login, even after I have put the right Username and password. It however opens in others systems. What should I do?
could be that the account you use, does not have full admin rights. you might want to enable the built in admin account on the computer and try that one. Also, sometimes when you have having issues with logging on or running a program online, its good to clean out the computers cache and history because the initial error might still be manifesting through the cache on the computer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Beautiful4u(m): 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2012
pls, i need any software that i can use to recover windows vista password. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2012
Hello,

My laptop (DELL Inspiron 1525) started Over Heating this days and it Automatically Shutdown/Trip Off anytime i am surfing the Net. Please what do i do to resolve this problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
C_Collins: Hello,

My laptop (DELL Inspiron 1525) started Over Heating this days and it Automatically Shutdown/Trip Off anytime i am surfing the Net. Please what do i do to resolve this problem
you will need compressed air duster to dust the laptop. you will have to air dust the fan and vents. also when you are using the computer make sure you dont put it on a soft surface like your bed or pillow. always have the computer on a hard surface that would permit some clearance for air circulation. Or it could just be that the fan in the computer stopped working whic would require you to get the fan fixed before more permanent damage is done

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.