Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,572 members, 7,850,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:25 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1284418 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 9:35am On Jul 28, 2012
juliebest: Ok, I've seen d quote function. OS is win 7, glo modem. It says connected but I can't browse,no webpage opens. I've use firefox,IE,Chrome...can't browse.

check if there is any proxy setting on your browsers. also go to the command prompt and type

ping www.google.com

see if you get a response or a timeout
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juliebest(f): 10:58am On Jul 28, 2012
Thr r no proxy settings. The ping could not locate the host www.google.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 11:37am On Jul 28, 2012
juliebest: Thr r no proxy settings. The ping could not locate the host www.google.com
I would suggest you try the glo modem on another computer to check the fault is not from the modem.Have you checked you have credit in the glo account. That could also be a problem.Also when last did it work for this laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juliebest(f): 11:50am On Jul 28, 2012
I'm currently using the modem on my other laptop (win xp). I just bought this one remember. Anyway thanks for your help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
timowale: i need a serial key for internet download manager software.please help!
what version do you have?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaysalas(m): 10:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
omega25red: malwarebytes is not an anti virus, it is in fact an anti malware. even if you install malwarebytes and run it, you will still need the antivirus you have on your computer.

using malwarebyte with avast on your computer shouldn't cause any issues. as a matter of fact you should use the malwarebytes in safe mode with networking. it has to update for it to be effective.
thanks for the tip man
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:24am On Jul 29, 2012
Kaysalas: thanks to you guys for the tips. i have downloaded the malwarebyte, i however do not want to run it yet as i have one fake avast running on my laptop. i am however confused as to how to uninstall the avast. the setup_avast_free.exe i see on my system when i right click i do not get the uninstall option, opened the programs and features section on my system , aand did not find it there too. kindly help out as usual. pardon my ignorance
Just type in google DOWNLOAD AVAST UNINSTALLER and u will see d results
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Idboyostic(m): 10:50am On Jul 29, 2012
Pls my desktop system unit is avn a fault.....wen I switch it on, d power button @ d front begins 2 mak a noise and d computer wil refuse 2 load. (2)pls d desktop sometimes won't on wit Nepa light but wit a generator.....it wil on anytyme. So am lukn on buyn a ups 4 it,but b4 that I want 2 knw d problem b4 buyn it.....and pls recommend a very gud ups 4 mii and d possible price
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
Idboyostic: Pls my desktop system unit is avn a fault.....wen I switch it on, d power button @ d front begins 2 mak a noise and d computer wil refuse 2 load. (2)pls d desktop sometimes won't on wit Nepa light but wit a generator.....it wil on anytyme. So am lukn on buyn a ups 4 it,but b4 that I want 2 knw d problem b4 buyn it.....and pls recommend a very gud ups 4 mii and d possible price
When u use a desktop system,its always advisable u use ups wit it else u risk the OS corrupt or bad sectors on the hard drive when lights goes off the system..for ups,get original APC(expensive though) or basic bluegate(I think its 5k).more importantly,I'd advise u repair/reload ur OS or 2.regenerate ur hard drive as I'm sure u shd be experiencing 1 ;if not both problems
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by khynxly: 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
My desktop won't boot.it only beeps six times.pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Guddy(m): 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2012
My compaq presario cq56 screen is blank anytime I boot it on. What could be the cause and possible remedy pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 7:01am On Jul 30, 2012
Guddy: My compaq presario cq56 screen is blank anytime I boot it on. What could be the cause and possible remedy pls?
does it show the initial hp or compact display screen ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2012
Idboyostic: Pls my desktop system unit is avn a fault.....wen I switch it on, d power button @ d front begins 2 mak a noise and d computer wil refuse 2 load. (2)pls d desktop sometimes won't on wit Nepa light but wit a generator.....it wil on anytyme. So am lukn on buyn a ups 4 it,but b4 that I want 2 knw d problem b4 buyn it.....and pls recommend a very gud ups 4 mii and d possible price ** 1stly u nid to reload ur CPU & get a UPS,
Guddy: My compaq presario cq56 screen is blank anytime I boot it on. What could be the cause and possible remedy pls?
it could b d processor or d module...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
Help, my laptop is crazy. The battery life after disconnecting from power source always shows different/changing number of hours left.
For instance yesterday it showed 2hrs 30mins left after the power went off, the day before that it showed 7hrs 41mins left and before that 5hrs 20mins and so on and so forth.
Does this mean my battery is faulty? The variation of the times is always at least an hour apart and it has been this way since I was given the laptop (it was supposed to be brand new) so why does that happen? Thanks.
Also, Nickel and Lithium batteries which is better?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Guddy(m): 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2012
dragnet: does it show the initial hp or compact display screen ?

No it dosn't. It is totally blank when booted but the power button light do blink continually.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 5:39am On Jul 31, 2012
Guddy:

No it dosn't. It is totally blank when booted but the power button light do blink continually.
does the caps lock or num lock light blink ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 5:43am On Jul 31, 2012
fellis: Help, my laptop is crazy. The battery life after disconnecting from power source always shows different/changing number of hours left.
For instance yesterday it showed 2hrs 30mins left after the power went off, the day before that it showed 7hrs 41mins left and before that 5hrs 20mins and so on and so forth.
Does this mean my battery is faulty? The variation of the times is always at least an hour apart and it has been this way since I was given the laptop (it was supposed to be brand new) so why does that happen? Thanks.
Also, Nickel and Lithium batteries which is better?
Do this..... Charge your battery till its full, disconnect the charger then use the laptop till the battery drains without charging, charge it till its full again and use till it drains..repeat this process five times and I hope your battery would be well calibrated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 31, 2012
Thank you dragnet. Much appreciation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pabloworld: 7:52am On Jul 31, 2012
Please, i want the house to help me out wityh this my computer problem.....The system just started saying.....You may be a victim of softeare counterfeiting.This copy of windows did not pass geniune window validation. Ask for genuine microsoft software. Pls...what i my going to do...thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 8:04am On Jul 31, 2012
pabloworld: Please, i want the house to help me out wityh this my computer problem.....The system just started saying.....You may be a victim of softeare counterfeiting.This copy of windows did not pass geniune window validation. Ask for genuine microsoft software. Pls...what i my going to do...thank you
which os ?..xp ? Win 7 ?

fellis: Thank you dragnet. Much appreciation.
you'r welcome...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
pabloworld: Please, i want the house to help me out wityh this my computer problem.....The system just started saying.....You may be a victim of softeare counterfeiting.This copy of windows did not pass geniune window validation. Ask for genuine microsoft software. Pls...what i my going to do...thank you
This can only be fixed by getting a geniune windows key. if you try to use those validation cracker it will mess up your computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2012
fellis: Also, Nickel and Lithium batteries which is better?
Lthium ion batteries are hands down better
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2012
omega25red: Lthium ion batteries are hands down better
Can you explain why they are better? Kind gentleman that took the trouble to answer me?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2012
fellis:
Can you explain why they are better? Kind gentleman that took the trouble to answer me?

That's why http://www.global-battery.co.uk/faq-about-memory-effect.htm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2012
omega25red: This can only be fixed by getting a geniune windows key. if you try to use those validation cracker it will mess up your computer
Pls don't misinform the public!!!its either u can't do it or u won't do it.as for me:what I say I do and I'll do-I DO VERY WELL!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
Call me on 08061679732 and state what OS and Build
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skywalker5(m): 9:10am On Aug 01, 2012
sameolg616:
Pls don't misinform the public!!!its either u can't do it or u won't do it.as for me:what I say I do and I'll do-I DO VERY WELL!

hmmm....hack it i guess lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 1:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
sameolg616:
Im not going to argue with you but your statement made no sense. "what i say i'll do i do very well"

Anyway i spoke from experience about the cracker software that allows windows7 to show geniune. I once used such a software and it worked for the initial time that it asked me to restart my computer. after that, it completely messed up my computer's registry. I ended up reinstalling with an actual key. I just gave an answer from experience not hear say. So Mr, i guess you have a way of doing this right? share with me so i can be enlightened. or would i have to pay a fee?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tedmovie84: 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2012
tell me from where i can get drivers, valid for all motherboards....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:32pm On Aug 01, 2012
omega25red: Im not going to argue with you but your statement made no sense. "what i say i'll do i do very well"

Anyway i spoke from experience about the cracker software that allows windows7 to show geniune. I once used such a software and it worked for the initial time that it asked me to restart my computer. after that, it completely messed up my computer's registry. I ended up reinstalling with an actual key. I just gave an answer from experience not hear say. So Mr, i guess you have a way of doing this right? share with me so i can be enlightened. or would i have to pay a fee?
Dude,no offence.just dint want u to limit POSSIBILITIES to ur experience.if God has blessed LARRY PAGE to provide us IFA(google)then there are no impossibilities.just be IMAGINATIVE,CREATIVE and ask ifa then dedicate time to study procedures and u will surely be ranked wit d best.dats wat PROFESSIONALS charge for.here is d deal,I will only provide u d keyword 'DAZ' for ur study using all d points above.also,only a few cracks allow updates else disable automatic updates or choose download but allow me to choose which update to install..goodluck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:49pm On Aug 01, 2012
tedmovie84: tell me from where i can get drivers, valid for all motherboards....
Truthfully,d most preferred site would be d manufacturers site like hp.com for hp but here's an observation;some manufacturers don't support d use of some latest drivers or updates on older systems(xp) eg a system designed for xp,the hardware may not really support or function well with windows 7 so wen u upgrade or make a clean format,u'd notice when u wan download the drivers for the model,u may not find windows 7 listed in the OS(that doesn't mean it won't eventually work).this is where your experience comes into play.either u EXTRACT the drivers be4 a clean format or u upgrade so u can do d compactibility test else I use drivers from my collection..try also these sites DRP.SU or DRiVERCOLLECTION.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (1224) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.