Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,882 members, 7,848,569 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:20 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1283109 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nayalee(m): 12:19am On Jan 26, 2010
MYY LAPTOP DELL XPS M1330 IS NO LONGER PLAYING DVD/CD, MY WINDOW VISTA IS EXPIRED EVERYTIME I TRIED LOGGING ON HE ASKS ME TO INSERT A PRODUCT KEY, CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE KEY COS I'VE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE IT SINCE THEN AND IS KILLING BECAUSE I VE GOT MY PROJECT TO WORK ON, I'LL REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF THIS IS CONSIDERED WITH SWIFT ATTENTION.

NAME: ADENAYA MALIK
EMAIL: ademomen2007@yahoo.com

thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rowenagold(f): 9:11am On Jan 26, 2010
@skydancer, pls i need help with my system at work.
i think there's no Antivirus on it (at least that is visible to me) and the system actually refuses to let any antivirus be installed. i tried installing Avast on it, but the installation window just closes. im not sure what that is but my system is incredibly slow.
system specs are
480MB of RAM, window XP SP1, HDD 20GB, 12.9 Free

and we use it as a server (mostly to share d printer )
so wat can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by krebs(m): 10:28am On Jan 26, 2010
Good day all. I have a problem with my HP PC. Each time I switch on the UPS there is a power leakage to the entire system causing a blink on the mouse, keyboard and the system unit, an indication that there is a temporary passage of electric current. I am bordered by this because of the associated effect it may have on the RAM. Your suggestions will be appreciated. My email ID is kreb_solo@yaho.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bijelee(m): 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2010
The prob i have is with a desktop, there was a power failure and there is no UPS, when the light was restored, there was this error during startup " unmountable boot device" i have tried starting up with last known good configuration and safe mode it keeps coming back to the same error, i need help, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dovellin: 2:03pm On Jan 26, 2010
Hi skydancer,
I,ve got this problem i believe its solveable. I used to configure modems, routers, and switches with an XP laptop i was using. but i just got a vista laptop only to find out that its got no hyperterminal application on it. I once heard it can be fixed but 'the how' i dont know. Can you pls guide me through this? Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zukkymania: 2:44pm On Jan 26, 2010
my laptop is not booting.wat can i do to get it work.I,m using dell pentium 111.pls can antone put me through
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zukkymania: 2:47pm On Jan 26, 2010
anytyme i power it it will boot to a stage and restart again.any solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 2:53pm On Jan 26, 2010
dovellin:

Hi skydancer,
        I,ve got this problem i believe its solveable. I used to configure modems, routers, and switches with an XP laptop i was using. but i just got a vista  laptop only to find out that its got no hyperterminal application on it. I once heard it can be fixed but 'the how' i dont know. Can you pls guide me through this? Thanks.
this is the solution, got it somewhere. . .

First of all you need to get access to a Windows XP machine and copy two files hypertrm.dll and hypertrm.exe from that system to your target Windows Vista or Windows 7 machine. Alternatively, you can download the files in a zip-package from here. Once you have the zip file, you need to extract the two files from that package to your target system (Windows Vista or Windows 7).

Make sure you keep the files hypertrm.dll and hypertrm.exe in the same folder. Now you can launch the HyperTerminal client by double clicking the hypertrm.exe file. And there you have a fully working HyperTerminal client. This HyperTerminal client functions normally on your Windows Vista or a Windows 7 system as it would on any other Windows XP system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 4:08pm On Jan 26, 2010
It's too bad more viruses are being unleashed. Appears there's a revolution in the malware and hacking world. Computer security wants to fail but there's still hope. I've been waiting for DSBot. It's a code name for a permanent antivirus that is still in production. Anyway
@netotse: Thanks for that. Dovellin some people prefer to use putty. You xan stick to hyperterminal but I think putty is more effective for vista. You can download putty from [url]http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html[/url] goodluck

@rowenagold: It's unfortunate your system has been attacked by malwares. I assume you had wanted to install avira which does not run if crc check fails. If you are not able to install an antivirus I'm afraid you might need to install a new operating system. YOu don't need to format your system, just install a new one on top of the old one and give me a feedback. Sorry.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zukkymania: 5:02pm On Jan 26, 2010
plz i need a reply ASAP for my ailing laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fineboy5: 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2010
any help for me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fksamp: 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2010
@skydancer, pls i need ur help i'm kind of new to this forum. i use a toshiba satellite pro L300 laptop with vists sp2. and my mouse pad malfuntions(jumps around) when i plug in the ac power. but i can use an external. i've tried formatting but it still persists. can please offer me any help. thanks i appreciate.[color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:16pm On Jan 26, 2010
fine.boy:

I m using windows xp. I mean error on web page is occuring. And i cant open hotmail.com login access page after loading. A little error icon is show on the left down edge conner of internet explorar.

Dear Fine.boy,

Thanks for the above enquiry, according to report by BBC News, there has been some security flaws with
google, internet explorer, google chrome. As a precaution I recommend using www.askjeeves.co.uk in place of google and finally use this link to search for browsers such as Safari or Avant et cetera and follow on screen instructions.

I understood what you meant however it would be good for us all if you can mention what the error is ?

if you decide to use IE 8 Here's your diagnostics,

Make sure your Clock and date is correct (worth checking)
Open up IE and look for tools>Internet options look for
security and privacy try changing moving bar and click
apply and ok and test as you are going along. make sure you try both.

If no joy look for Help or it may resemble something like this >>
about internet explorer. what's version is it ? e.g. 6, 7 or 8.
If version 8 then you have the latest need not doing anything.

If old version then obtain latest version by googling internet explore 8
and follow on screen instructions. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2010
fksamp:

@skydancer, pls i need your help i'm kind of new to this forum. i use a toshiba satellite pro L300 laptop with vists sp2. and my mouse pad malfuntions(jumps around) when i plug in the ac power. but i can use an external. i've tried formatting but it still persists. can please offer me any help. thanks i appreciate.[color=][/color][color=][/color]

Dear fksamp,

Thanks for the above enquiry and for providing more information.

Before we go further take a read through this http://ask-leo.com/why_does_the_mouse_pointer_jump_around_the_screen.html

Here's your diagnostics. Click start > 2cm below look for start search
type in mouse and press enter. (Pleas see picture below) look
for pointer options and [b]check enhance pointer precisio[/b]n if no tick
simply tick the box apply and ok then test. if no joy then download
award winning mouse software to change the settings
http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers/ then test

Good luck !

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:36pm On Jan 26, 2010
skydancer:

It's too bad more viruses are being unleashed. Appears there's a revolution in the malware and hacking world. Computer security wants to fail but there's still hope. I've been waiting for DSBot. It's a code name for a permanent antivirus that is still in production. Anyway
@netotse: Thanks for that. Dovellin some people prefer to use putty. You xan stick to hyperterminal but I think putty is more effective for vista. You can download putty from [url]http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html[/url] goodluck

@rowenagold: It's unfortunate your system has been attacked by malwares. I assume you had wanted to install avira which does not run if crc check fails. If you are not able to install an antivirus I'm afraid you might need to install a new operating system. YOu don't need to format your system, just install a new one on top of the old one and give me a feedback. Sorry.

Yeap
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2010
nayalee:

MYY LAPTOP DELL XPS M1330 IS NO LONGER PLAYING DVD/CD, MY WINDOW VISTA IS EXPIRED EVERYTIME I TRIED LOGGING ON HE ASKS ME TO INSERT A PRODUCT KEY, CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE KEY COS I'VE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE IT SINCE THEN AND IS KILLING BECAUSE I VE GOT MY PROJECT TO WORK ON, I'LL REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF THIS IS CONSIDERED WITH SWIFT ATTENTION.

NAME: ADENAYA MALIK
EMAIL: ademomen2007@yahoo.com

thank you

Dear ADENAYA MALIK,

I would recommend following microsoft diagnostics http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
and see what's comes out of it. by carefully following the above you should have a working laptop.

Windows operating systems are authenticated and keys cannot be provided by me or by any other tecs
This is because each operating need is own genuine keys in other for your product to work.

Is like someone asking for your bank pin number . you won't give it. would you ? same.
Here's a link for you to validate windows http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/

Once there look on the left hand side and click validate windows after which you"ll be
advice what to do next. Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2010
zukkymania:

anytyme i power it it will boot to a stage and restart again.any solution?

Dear zukkymania,

Certainly there's a solutions however I and my colleagues need to know if XP or Vista
make and model. what does problem start ? Has it ever happened ?

Does any message come up ?Any beeps ? please check to make sure no damages
to the usb ports. Also make sure you using the right charger. if still no joy

remove battery + charger+ other pheripherals hold down laptop power button for 30 seconds
to release any static discharge. afterwards connect just charger and keep
pressing F2 should get a blue screen. let us know

Possibly is RAM problem. try swapping RAM if confident and have the right tools.
If not take it to a repairer . Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2010
bijelee:

The prob i have is with a desktop, there was a power failure and there is no UPS, when the light was restored, there was this error during startup " unmountable boot device" i have tried starting up with last known good configuration and safe mode it keeps coming back to the same error, i need help, thanks.

Dear bijelee,

Thanks for the above enquiry. when seeking advice next time please mention which
operating system such as Vista make and model of machine. Ok" Here's your diagnostics.

Turn off please back on again and keep pressing F2 or F1 until you see a blue screen
use your arrow keys look for boot > boot device priority/ sequence should have CD, FDD, Network
,HDD use your arrow to get HDD to the top so the laptop can boot as a first device. afterwards
press f10 then save and exit then test. if no joy then use google to find the term unmountable boot device"
and follow advice given. check to make sure no cd/dvd in your drive or any other device attach such as
joytick, printer, game consoles etc. cheers !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:24pm On Jan 26, 2010
krebs:

Good day all. I have a problem with my HP PC. Each time I switch on the UPS there is a power leakage to the entire system causing a blink on the mouse, keyboard and the system unit, an indication that there is a temporary passage of electric current. I am bordered by this because of the associated effect it may have on the RAM. Your suggestions will be appreciated. My email ID is kreb_solo@yaho.com

Dear krebs,

Thanks for the above enquiry however am having difficulties understanding your descriptions.

On switching to UPS. what happen ? make it brief so is easier to understand by us all.

Does UPS power up the computer or just it just light the mouse etc and went off.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fineboy5: 11:30pm On Jan 26, 2010
Deji,

I am not sure you understand my problem.
The page is blank after opening the hotmail site.

(Experiment) Screen image attach below.

See at and give a suitable reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:30pm On Jan 26, 2010
« #735 on: Today at 12:08:04 AM »
i tried to play a game on my computer but i was told to get flash player first. please where do i download abode flash,
i tried their site but can't.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

Thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:34pm On Jan 26, 2010
fine.boy:

Deji,

I am not sure you understand my problem.
The page is blank after opening the hotmail site.

(Experiment) Screen image attach below.

See at and give a suitable reply.

Does this happen on all website ? Yes or No
I cant see your attachment. anyway
Follow the diagnostics from my earlier post
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fineboy5: 12:11am On Jan 27, 2010
I am not sure u understand the problem.

This is the screen shouts

error on web page.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by krebs(m): 1:13am On Jan 27, 2010
Hi Deji,
Thanks for the response. Here's the problem again > If I connect the system to the UPS or any power outlet, the moment I put on the switch power is transmitted to the entire system, and something like flash occurs.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jesuseun1(m): 8:47am On Jan 27, 2010
the rj 45 network port of my laptop fails intermittently,it goes on and off,whenever i connect the network cable,what can i do to rectify the Problem.

thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dovellin: 11:39am On Jan 27, 2010
More than a million thanks to you guys, skydancer and netotse, for rescuing my ass. I'm on the way to try it. Give you guys fill back later
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:19pm On Jan 27, 2010
for d love of mike can someone pls tell this pple 2 stop using I.E to browse! haha!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mjay(m): 9:01am On Jan 28, 2010
Pls house gurus, my predicament came whn my laptop stopped responding, eventually i had to refomat it. but being a hp compaq, it did not come with installation cd, its inbuilt. I was not able to recover thru the inbuilt windows, soo i had to format, reinstall an ikeja windows and i downloded some drivers from the hp website. I tried using the key that came with my laptop but it didnt work, so as it now, i dare not turn on automatic update, it will discover d counterfeit nature of the windows. More so some progrmm require sp2, wht i had was sp2. I WILL LIKE TO HAVE MY ORIGINAL WINDOWS BACK, PLS HOW CAN I RECOVER IT? SINCE DR IS NO CD AND D ONE INBUILT HAS BN FORMATTED. PLS HELP.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sizzlers(m): 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2010
any body no how to browse free with phone and nokia pc suite pls fill me in!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onetime123: 8:26am On Jan 29, 2010
l am running window vista on my my HP pavilion dv4, which I am deciding to change it window xp, please how can i go about it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 29, 2010
HELLO NAIRALANDERS.\
MY PROBLEM IS DAT WHENEVER I INSTALL ANY GAME ON IBM THINKPAD. AND I TRY TO PLAY THE GAME. THE SCREEN JUST GO BLIND AND ON COMING UP AGAIN TELLS ME THAT THE SCREEN RESOLUTION IS HIGHER FOR THE GAME TO PLAY.
I HAVE TRIED A SERIES OF SOLUTION FROM THE 'HELP AND SUPPORT' MENU. ALL TO NO AVAIL. I HAVE CHANGE THE SCREEN RESOLUTION AND OTHER THINGS, STILL THE SAME,

PLS HELP ME OUT

I USE AN IBM TJINKPAD LAPTOP, 13 INCH,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fineboy5: 11:20am On Jan 30, 2010
i already posted a screenshort there please help me to solve this problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (1224) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.