Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:21 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1291638 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 3:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
tolasa: Abeg mk una help me oo,phnc just burnt mai charger n my second charger is charging it bt d ba3 icon is crossed wit a message dt I should consider replacing mai ba3.should I buy anoda ba3 or wat?
your b3 need replacement ;pure and simple
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deleoyebamiji: 4:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
Pls I'm running Quickbooks Point Of Sales 2013 Pro on a LAN of like 10 PC users in a Fast Food.
The problem is that touch response time when punching an item button on touch screen is very delayed. That is it's slow in response and thereby slows down our turn-around-time (time spent to attend to customer) at the counter.
Other multiuser software that I have tested on our network runs fast and ok. I have archived (Cleaned up data) the quickbooks POS database on the server.
After all these are done I realised that touch response is still slow.
Pls what can I do to resolve this problem?

Note: I'm not talking about Quickbooks Accounting but Multi-user version of Quickbooks Point of Sales 2013 Pro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
does your system meet this requirements??

2.0 GHz processor; 2.4 GHz recommended
1 GB RAM for single user, 2 GB RAM recommended for multiple users
Display optimized for 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher with up to 1 Extended monitor
Windows:
U.S. version of only
Disk space requirements:
2.5 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files)
Additional software: 250 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.0 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings
Require minimum 2.0 GB Ram
Twice the size of the largest File set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore.

The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect

Also check you firewall, it might be making it slow by confirming Quickbook actions before allowing a pass through.
"

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deleoyebamiji: 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
Thanks mdsocks. All these requirements are met. infact I run a server OS on a server PC (Intel xeon 2.27Ghz X 8 with 22GB RAM, 140GB Hard drive)

While on Terminals I have Intel 1.8Ghz X 2 as minimum with 3GB RAM, 140 Hard drive)

Firewall configured to suit my quickbooks POS.

But the cause of the slowness is what I dont know.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
Input: ^seriously I can't find accesories on my system

start, all programs then follow my colleague advice.mdsocks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
upengineer: @deji2009,
What happens is that after pressing the power button, the system boots and when it is time for the screen to show, it turns blank and the message that appears before the screen goes blank is; Start Windows with its normal parameters.
what are the window parameters again

What is the make and model of the computer ?
e.g. toshiba p300-20H windows Vista
any blue screen also make sure you provide us with
the full error message that if any
restart and keep pressing f8 go to safe mode for
me, you'd notice the icons will be big and with
lots of writing that's normal. don't panic !
once in safe mode click start, all progr...
access....system tools and system restore select a date
before the problem started
can you hear the hard drive clicking. if it is
hp restart f10 to get to bios and run me a hard rive test please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
Chiefupper: Hello house,plz d 1 of d inches holdin my laptop screen and d keyboard broke and is makin my laptop unclosabu,plz wot is d solution and wia cn i repair dis and ao much wil it cost?.also I want to buy its battery,lyk ao much wil it cost also.my laptop is sony pentium-m biggest size av ever seen!!

On this forum look for adetwin , wolebaba or all4naija this are some of the guys
tha knows in and out of these things and live in nigeria, as far as i know
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:50pm On Feb 23, 2013
Kay-baba:
My hp 6735s laptop can only talk tru headphone but can't talk tru inbuilt speakers any sokution pls

click start Now you try something else control
panel/sound/speakers/properties/advanced/restore defaults

try another set of speakers if that doesnt work then go to device
manager by going to start right click my computer go t properties and go to hardware
tab and then click on device manager look for sound video and gaming controllers and look for your sound card if you see a ! or a ? double click on it and it
will tell you what is wrong and what you need to do. if you dont see any ! or ? leave
it alone and go start and click on run and type in dxdiag click on sound tab and click
on directsound test make sure you speakerrs is plugged in, then if that is good
go to music tab and click on test musicdirect and see if that is good if that
isnt the problem go out and pay a pair of speakers if you dont have an extra 1
get one before you take further action and please before you do all of this make
sure you got the speakers plugged into the green input on back or side of the computer
cause that is where the speakers goes it is usually the middle 1
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
D Don1: Pls ppl in the house. My Hp probook always freezes anytime I connect to the internet whether through wlan or bluetooth, no program responds, I just switch it off with the power button. Apart from that i think the computer works fine. Please what should I do ? [color=#006600][/color]

power up the laptop please

Press f10 for bios

Go to diagnostics

Run my colleagues a

hard drive test

and report back to

my colleagues. make sure
you co operate with them
and be nice. eventually we
would get to the root and
advice you what to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
mdsocks: does your system meet this requirements??

2.0 GHz processor; 2.4 GHz recommended
1 GB RAM for single user, 2 GB RAM recommended for multiple users
Display optimized for 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher with up to 1 Extended monitor
Windows:
U.S. version of only
Disk space requirements:
2.5 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files)
Additional software: 250 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.0 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings
Require minimum 2.0 GB Ram
Twice the size of the largest File set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore.

The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect

Also check you firewall, it might be making it slow by confirming Quickbook actions before allowing a pass through.
"

check to make sure no norton or norton enterprise is installed on your system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 5:49am On Feb 24, 2013
deleoyebamiji: Thanks mdsocks. All these requirements are met. infact I run a server OS on a server PC (Intel xeon 2.27Ghz X 8 with 22GB RAM, 140GB Hard drive)

While on Terminals I have Intel 1.8Ghz X 2 as minimum with 3GB RAM, 140 Hard drive)

Firewall configured to suit my quickbooks POS.

But the cause of the slowness is what I dont know.

How is your network connected? What type of switch or router are u using? It may be network. Related issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deleoyebamiji: 3:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
@Wolebaba, My Network is ok. I use Cisco Switch SF-100 24 ports.

Other Server-Clients software that I've tested on it runs fast and ok.

CAT6 cable is used for the connection of all systems
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
I need some one to tell me which Dell laptop is best for GAMING / GRAPHIC software and playing ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by anihans: 6:38pm On Feb 24, 2013
you know that one of the easiest ways to bring traffic to your website or blog is sending massive emails to your target clients and we are ready to give you thousands or millions active emails base on the language or country you choose to target. we also can market your site or products for you if you need us to it
We give you Millions of Emails For Your Products And website Or Blog at a very cheap price.
Call us today at 08093604318 or glodigitalmarket@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ademab(m): 12:04am On Feb 25, 2013
sino:
what the spec of your machine?
i hope you've got your video driver properly installed and up to date?
check the readme file on the game's cd to see the minimum requirements if it matches with your system's spec.
no read me file on the disc. And yes my system vga driver is ok. I actually play nfsmw on it. And I'm using windows 7 hp530 with 1.6ghz processor speed and 2gb ram so it shd work perfectly on it. I hv also tried installing it on a more advanced machine toshiba core i7 it still d same blurry image. Don't knw what else to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by royalprince: 11:32am On Feb 25, 2013
I get various computer problem on my system on this page. A large number of pages are shown that are corrupt and damaged. http://cachepages..in
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 25, 2013
purplekayc: I need some one to tell me which Dell laptop is best for GAMING / GRAPHIC software and playing ?

Search FOR DELL INSPIRON 17R with Nvidia graphics card. You will love it.. If you want gaming and graphics, Nvidia or AMD chipsets are the best but i guess most ship into Nigeria with Intel chipsets which are powerful also but not as good as Nvidia's or AMD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cogbuagu: 12:18pm On Feb 25, 2013
out here

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sino(m): 1:05pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ademab: no read me file on the disc. And yes my system vga driver is ok. I actually play nfsmw on it. And I'm using windows 7 hp530 with 1.6ghz processor speed and 2gb ram so it shd work perfectly on it. I hv also tried installing it on a more advanced machine toshiba core i7 it still d same blurry image. Don't knw what else to do

ok, try run the game in windows xp compatibility mode, just right click on the game icon and select properties, then click on the compatibility tab. you'll see a "run in" option box, select xp or lower version of windows.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DDon11: 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
I have tried that f10 nothing worked. But I managed to get some info from d laptop as i was about to switch it off.
It says '' Too many other files are currently in use by 16-bit programs. Exit one or more 16-bit programs, or increase the value of the FILES command in you Config.sys file''. I don't kw why a 16 bit program will be running as soon as i connect to the internet.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DDon11: 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2013
I've also ran memory tests, it came out clean.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ademab(m): 7:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
sino:

ok, try run the game in windows xp compatibility mode, just right click on the game icon and select properties, then click on the compatibility tab. you'll see a "run in" option box, select xp or lower version of windows.
I will try dat. But i also saw it somewhere about deleting a particular file and also something MOD stuff don't really understand do u have any idea what dey r talking about. (((Thanks a lot)))
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DDon11: 12:05am On Feb 26, 2013
Yea, I finally solved the problem. It was a virus, and I cleaned it. My computer is so fast.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ademab(m): 9:27am On Feb 26, 2013
@sino and any other person that can help. I've tried running it on lower version of windows yet its still showing the same tin. Below is what its showing any time I launch it

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifebazz(m): 10:02am On Feb 26, 2013
Please how much does a Compaq Presario CQ61 MoBo go for? Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sino(m): 11:27am On Feb 26, 2013
Ademab: I will try dat. But i also saw it somewhere about deleting a particular file and also something MOD stuff don't really understand do u have any idea what dey r talking about. (((Thanks a lot)))
yeah, i just read about the compatibility issues with windows 7. Well you can try deleting the gta_sa.set from your gta user folder; this is the path- C:\Users\(name of user)\Documents\GTA San
Andreas User Files. i read it helps.
This is actually the first time i am reading about "game" compatibility issues with win7.
If no show, guy! migrate to bera games jor.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by joeokri: 11:58am On Feb 26, 2013
skydancer: I've been very busy,
@stan: pls give me more details. What error messages does it give? What does it do when you try to convert? Do other converters work? Your formatting problem is typically that of a virus problem. A virus can hook files in a removable drive and work with it, thus you are unable to eject it or format it. It is no use formatting a drive on a virus infected computer. Because immediately after that, the virus rehooks. Open command prompt and type 'control folders'. A window will popup. Click the view tab. Scroll and check view hidden files and folders. uncheck the hide system files and hide known file extensions. This will enable you to see hidden viruses in your flash. Alternatively, you can write 'attrib -h -s E:\*.*' where E is the label of your removable drive.

@ochuko: I've sent you d settings, r u so ungrateful
pls can i still apply this with C:\ to see the virus running on computer as well?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ifebazz: Please how much does a Compaq Presario CQ61 MoBo go for? Thanks.

18-22k depends...'

What's wrong with them all these presario series i got one which MB is dead also now and reasons not yet knnow.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ademab: @sino and any other person that can help. I've tried running it on lower version of windows yet its still showing the same tin. Below is what its showing any time I launch it
First and foremost, I would like to know the name of the game(include the version) and your system configuration. What I am looking at from the image you posted seems to be graphic related thing,etc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2013
mdsoc[b:
[/b]ks]

Search FOR DELL INSPIRON 17R with Nvidia graphics card. You will love it.. If you want gaming and graphics, Nvidia or AMD chipsets are the best but i guess most ship into Nigeria with Intel chipsets which are powerful also but not as good as Nvidia's or AMD.
okay thanks , I did a google search the other time and I came up with DELL precision , with power full graphic cards and processors , can someone tell me where I can get a DELL OFFICE in LAGOS??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2013
purplekayc: okay thanks , I did a google search the other time and I came up with DELL precision , with power full graphic cards and processors , can someone tell me where I can get a DELL OFFICE in LAGOS??

Dell office in Lag?.

You need to hit computer village..

Although never heard of Dell precision laptops only towers

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.