Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,562 members, 7,865,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:00 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1291490 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RASHKID(m): 12:13pm On Feb 11, 2010
Pls help me out,my computer will power on but i cant get to my desktop.It keep showing black screen and attimes it wont come up at all.What can i do,the computer name is HP Pavilion Entertainment PC tx 1320us.Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by youngsilve(m): 6:15pm On Feb 11, 2010
plz me laptop is showin me 1day left 2 activate ur product key.plz u guys shuld help.im usin windows vista ultimate.aneneiyke@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FBS: 6:21pm On Feb 11, 2010
youngsilve:

plz me laptop is showin me 1day left 2 activate your product key.plz u guys shuld help.im usin windows vista ultimate.aneneiyke@yahoo.com
You need to activate your OS product key. Vista i.e

Or read this:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t3464849-help_me_activate_vista_home_basic_1_day
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2010
FBS:

You need to activate your OS product key. Vista i.e

Or read this:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t3464849-help_me_activate_vista_home_basic_1_day

Dear youngsilve,

Thanks for your recent enquiry in other to get your workstation up and running windows need
to verify for authenticity purpose. like my colleague has advised you need to follow the link.

This may be of help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940315. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2010
RASHKID:

Pls help me out,my computer will power on but i cant get to my desktop.It keep showing black screen and attimes it wont come up at all.What can i do,the computer name is HP Pavilion Entertainment PC tx 1320us.Thanks

Dear RASHKID ,

Thanks for the above descriptions, I visited HP United state website and found this diagnostics.

I recommend following step by step instructions. just copy the address to your browser www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?

docname=c01443371&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3548576

Good luck and thanks for enquiry.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:23pm On Feb 13, 2010
Chykason:

@ Our able hands in da house,
pls, i've an HP Compaq P4 DESKTOP with 512mb Ram, 3Ghz processor, 120 HDD. It just developed a fault. If i ON it, the power light will be steadily on , the booting light will blink&beep 5 times and stop & blink again. Meanwhile, the pc isn't sending any data 2 d monitor.
Pls help. I'll be gr8ful. Thanks

Dear Chykason,

Thanks for the above enquiry looking at the illustration the yellow slots is
what's clipped your RAM memory to the motherboard. each manufacturer
have their own beep code, checking on HP website will definitely help.

repeatedly 5 beeps means their a problem somewhere and because of
that you have no display. try taking to a technician otherwise.

Good luck !

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:31pm On Feb 13, 2010
blackweaver:

@ dwind sorry for the delay in getting back to you, problem is unless i'm free i generally dont give solution on NL in the day time and i was quite busy today; i've tried to look into your issue unfortunately it isn't something that would be easy to do; are you saying that your pc was not always showing a different language and that it was only after you pressed f1/f2 that it started showing the strange language?
are the characters like chines/japanese/hebrew or are they like spanish/german/ french?
if the pc was always showing a strange language i doubt that we'll be able to help (actually there are methods that could work - like flashing your bios- but they are not methods i would try even for myself)
you could try resetting your bios (though i'm not sure that will change anything but it's worth a try) you can check this link to see how: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-52235

on the other hand if the words are readable (i.e. not like chinese/arabic/russian/arabic etc, ) you could try posting a screen by screen menu of what you see, someone may actually be able to help you; otherwise take to a techician to fix for you

I recommend you follow the link on IBM website however i would suggest you
take it to a technician. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:35pm On Feb 13, 2010
curiousman66:

Hi, pls help me to find the driver for my web cam, I have lost the cd and can't get the driver for it. The name written on the cam is Ucom, pls help me, hv search everywhere but hasn't found solution yet, cry

i would recommend getting known models such as samsung et cetera.
Simply follow my colleague (FBS) advice and test. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:40pm On Feb 13, 2010
Cmisolla:

Please help. My laptop comes with a built-in modemWWAN/3G & a sim-slot(+ a sim) which is already configured 4 network operators that are not in nigeria (na yankee lapi). How do i make use/configure this stuff 4 our local network operators here? Thanks

get intouch with your service provider
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RuuDie(m): 1:52am On Feb 14, 2010
Can anyone give me a hand with this. . . . . my External HDD isn't recognized on my computer anymore - someone sat on it and i can't get it to work again undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2010
Plz aw do i upgrade d size of my laptop vga (toshiba satellite l10), the size of d vga is curently 64mb
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Peluwa: 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2010
My system (HP dv 6910us) as refused to see my N95 as modem through NOKIA PC SUITE. I tried connecting other phone with modem facility, the same thing occur. All required settings on pc suite has been done still the same problem occur. Please any suggestion can be sent to EMMANUELOLUWAREMI@GMAIL.COM, for easy access. thank you for the anticipated support.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dehning(m): 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2010
My system over heats and then shuts down after 5 minutes, it's a compaq presario,any solution please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ciscostaz: 8:12pm On Feb 14, 2010
I have a compaq 8710p. There was a time the power cable fell on the floor while it was connnected.

since that time, whenever i switched off the laptop and disconnect the power, the ethernet port will be blinking as if there is an activity and if i leave it like that for 5 hrs, the power of the battery will be drained.

If i connect the power to the laptop and the other end of the power is not connected NEPA, the LED light at the converter point will come ON as if its plugged to NEPA. which means, it is being powered by the battery of the laptop. This started after the power cord fell on the floor.

Please what is the solution cause my battery keeps draining anytime i disconnect it from power.

thank you as i expect a solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emmydee(m): 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2010
my laptop fell inside water. the screen is blank. wat do i do pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nnamadi: 11:18pm On Feb 14, 2010
Hello skydancer,
Just got a DVD ROM for my desktop but could'ny
t install it becauseit has Serial ATA power and date cables but my otherboard has only IDE connectors.What do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tjass4barca: 5:01am On Feb 15, 2010
Pls,i nid ur guys to advise me here,cos am about to buy i Dell laptop(pentium 111,here are the detail (Laptop detail
Maker:DELL
mobile intel(R)pentium(R)111 CPU-M 1000MHz,722MHz,128MB of RAM).I want u are to explain to me whether is ok or not,thanks@all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RuuDie(m): 5:40pm On Feb 15, 2010
Tjass4barca:

Pls,i nid your guys to advise me here,cos am about to buy i Dell laptop(pentium 111,here are the detail (Laptop detail
mobile intel(R)pentium(R)111 CPU-M 1000MHz,722MHz,128MB of RAM).I want u are to explain to me whether is ok or not,thanks@all

Seems like its an old model computer - going by the specs you've given, i wouldn't advise you to buy this; RAM is way too small & processor is old.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RuuDie(m): 5:44pm On Feb 15, 2010
emmydee:

my laptop fell inside water. the screen is blank. wat do i do pls?

If the laptop still powers on, then there's a chance that the only thing affected is the vga/video card - worse case scenerio, the motherboard is completely bad.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dominique(f): 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2010
i dont know what happened to my MS internet explorer. it freezes the computer whenever i click on it. is it advisable to download another version . i also have problems with my dvd player.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2010
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dominique(f): 10:15pm On Feb 15, 2010
no one tongue thanks for the prompt response.
but i need it to fix my dvd player. the link pcbusayo gave me didn't work cos the microsoft website couldn't identify the browser i use (mozilla). i tried downloading IE 9 and i couldn't open the download link cos of the same reason sad cry.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 10:39pm On Feb 15, 2010
dominique:

no one tongue thanks for the prompt response.
but i need it to fix my dvd player. the link pcbusayo gave me didn't work cos the microsoft website couldn't identify the browser i use (mozilla). i tried downloading IE 9 and i couldn't open the download link cos of the same reason sad cry.
oyb answered you, he gave you links to other browsers. . . plus your post isn't really coherent you know, could you try restating your problems as clearly as you can. . .i'll try to help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 10:44pm On Feb 15, 2010
ciscostaz:

I have a compaq 8710p. There was a time the power cable fell on the floor while it was connnected.

since that time, whenever i switched off the laptop and disconnect the power, the ethernet port will be blinking as if there is an activity and if i leave it like that for 5 hrs, the power of the battery will be drained.

If i connect the power to the laptop and the other end of the power is not connected NEPA, the LED light at the converter point will come ON as if its plugged to NEPA. which means, it is being powered by the battery of the laptop. This started after the power cord fell on the floor.

Please what is the solution cause my battery keeps draining anytime i disconnect it from power.

thank you as i expect a solution.

na so e easy reach?

you need to get someone to look at that computer, this isn't the type of thing we can help you with, it seems your motherboard was affected when it dropped and seeing as we cant physically see the computer, there's lil we can do. as per your lan thingy, you cld try to uninstall just before you shut down and see if that'll stop it from draining your battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dominique(f): 11:00pm On Feb 15, 2010
thanks guys
here is the problem.
sometime ago, i discovered my dvd player wasn't working. i asked for help here and pcbusayo gave me this link where i can fix it. when i clicked on "fix this problem", it gave me an error message that my browser is not supported and i should use IE 8 or 9. the IE 8 on my computer has been giving me problems for some time and i never thought i would need it till this dvd player. i've never needed the dvd player more than now. pls i need suggestions cry cry cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 11:31pm On Feb 15, 2010
dominique:

thanks guys
here is the problem.
sometime ago, i discovered my dvd player wasn't working. i asked for help here and pcbusayo gave me this link where i can fix it. when i clicked on "fix this problem", it gave me an error message that my browser is not supported and i should use IE 8 or 9. the IE 8 on my computer has been giving me problems for some time and i never thought i would need it till this dvd player. i've never needed the dvd player more than now. pls i need suggestions cry cry cry

u cld try downloading another program to play your dvd's, if you're stuck on that one, it could be a lil work but we might be able to solve it if you can paste a screen shot of the error message you recieve when you try to use your internet explorer,( which would lead to us having to ask you a lot of questions)

also you could try downloading the IE9 from a source other than microsoft

update

i went back to look at some of your last posts and i finally understand that you mean dvd drive not player. . .it seems there is no way round fixing your ie8 problems. . .i'm assuming you use vista, so use printscreen to copy your screen and past the error message here. . .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 11:34pm On Feb 15, 2010
Nice work guyz. . .hope to help in the future. . . .

**On standby** grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 11:37pm On Feb 15, 2010
Tjass4barca:

Pls,i nid your guys to advise me here,cos am about to buy i Dell laptop(pentium 111,here are the detail (Laptop detail

BAd ass old sh.it. . . .If you get this laptop . . . .Mother nature go vex grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dominique(f): 11:51pm On Feb 15, 2010
thats another problem. the fn + insert keys doesn't seem to work with my system. gosh, i'm beginning to hate this laptop angry angry cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dominique(f): 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2010
lalaboi:

Nice work guyz. . .hope to help in the future. . . .

**On standby** grin

better hope and pray that you dont have problems with your computer ever!!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 11:53pm On Feb 15, 2010
dominique:

thats another problem. the fn + insert keys doesn't seem to work with my system. gosh, i'm beginning to hate this laptop angry angry cry

You wanto Print screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dominique(f): 11:54pm On Feb 15, 2010
lalaboi:

You wanto Print screen?

yeh but its not printing. i don tire for this computer cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (1225) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.